Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E14: Which Wife is Next?

Ms.Lulu
  • Start Topic

Were we and TLC scammed? Because Kodyvirus is making it sound now like this show was one big act to make it look like everyone was so happy and polygamy was so great. Now he says it was an act.

Afew episodes ago when he did his kidney diatribe he screamed at Christine about what he gave up to love her. This week he said the same to Janelle. What the fuck did he give up to love them? Does he mean he forced himself to love them but never did? This dude is just flat out hateful and thinks he is hot shit.

It looks to me like Janelle has given up a he'll of a lot for Kodyvirus. She lives very modestly to save money to build on his dreamland. And he acts like a little bitch because the lighting isn't adequate to read in bed, the bathroom is too small. Nothing is good enough for this piece of trash.

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 6
  • Applause 7
  • Love 11

I guess we all know where Robyn's stuck up kids got the put down bs when they were talking about the trailer. Kidney did the same thing. Like omg the lamp is not high enough to read by. Then put the nightstand or the lamp on some books to make it higher. Like are you kidding me? What a complete asshole. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 11
36 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

If only there existed some kind of light source that didn't need to sit on a nightstand, like a regular lamp but taller, so tall that it could actually sit on the floor yet reach higher than a table lamp does, casting its light downward for reading ... 

What does Kootie the Moron read, anyway?  Gun collector crap?  Fuck him and his spoiled little bitch attitude, all the way to Sunday!

Spoiler

That gray suit is butt-ugly.  It suits that asshole.

• LOL 11
3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

The producers had some fun showing Savannah describing how Kody didn't want to be at the trailer and how not seeing him since he had the CoVID didn't really make a difference because she saw so little of him anyway

And now she said she hoped he'd come over more...and then immediately cut away to him criticizing every inch of Janelle's place, indicating that he will not, in fact, be coming over more often.

• Like 4
  • Sad 11

Two things I noticed that I haven't seen addressed:

The first is when they all pull up at Meri's house and Robyn and Kody arrive in separate vehicles. Kody greets Robyn with something like "How's it going?" Trying to make it seem as if they have not seen each other in a while.  As if we don't know that they just left from the mansion where they are both living minutes before. I know they used to do that in earlier seasons but why do they think they are still fooling us?

Also, in Savanah's TH, it seemed to me that she was close to tears. I assume the TH was filmed like the other THs, months after the fact. She knew her dad would NOT be spending any time with her and what the real situation was.

Neither of these are crucial observations,  just things that struck  me as I watched and I haven't seen commented on, although I could have missed it.

• Like 12
  • Sad 1
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

Two things I noticed that I haven't seen addressed:

The first is when they all pull up at Meri's house and Robyn and Kody arrive in separate vehicles. Kody greets Robyn with something like "How's it going?" Trying to make it seem as if they have not seen each other in a while.  As if we don't know that they just left from the mansion where they are both living minutes before. I know they used to do that in earlier seasons but why do they think they are still fooling us?

Then they go and sit 15 feet apart from each other.  Like everyone doesn't know they sleep in the same bed every night.  

• Like 6
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
On 12/12/2022 at 12:25 PM, Meow Mix said:

I don't buy Kody's constant claims that he was just trying to protect everyone with the COVID rules. 

It was interesting how he dropped all the rules for everyone once HE had Covid! 

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 12/12/2022 at 4:47 PM, Chris Knight said:

I watched this episode this morning. I must have rilly zoned out because I do not recall hearing anything about donkeys, alcoholic families, beer or skittles

That’s easy to do when Kody is blathering. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

There was just so much to be annoyed by in this episode ... The first "family" conversation with Kody trying to force a discussion about Christine: It's totally cool, Meri don't be weird its not a forbidden subject.  Come on, say something ... say something shitty about Christine!  Come on!  I felt like I was watching a teenaged asshole sitting at a jr high school lunch room table trying to push his friends to take his side in some petty fight with another kid.

Family discussion # 2:  With regard to the whole apology thing ... Kody can slam his fists and shout all he wants, but I don't think the reason he is upset is due to the poor communication between him, Janelle, and their boys. Nor do I think he's coming unglued due to Janelle's failure to show him proper CoVID respect which made his life so hard and caused problems for him with his sons. 

Part of me thinks Janelle staring down the gauntlet of a lifetime of more meetings w/those 3 losers tag-teaming her and no Christine for backup was a big part of what made up her mind. 

13 hours ago, ragingpixie said:

Robyn: "*pretend-cry voice* Kody's lining up all women and hating them because he's getting divorced while he's still married and you're there and you're there and it just sucks because poor poor Kody is so hurt and sad. And I'm saying to each of you that I want to get this figured out."

Janelle, stone-faced: "WELP, gotta go get Savannah."

Janelle was giving me Rick Sanchez energy in that scene but the clean Mormon version. 

rick-shit.gif

Edited by islandgal140
  • Like 2
  • LOL 9
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

🎶My Kodyism Things🎵

• Knives in my kidneys and beer with my skittles
  • Gaslighting my wives and eating cold vittles 
  • Alcoholic families and gold Claddagh rings
  • These are a few of my Kodyism things
  •  
  • Wiping down mail and stripping bark off oaks
  • Donkeys in circles and mansplaining blokes
  • Waiting on covid to see what it brings
  •  
  • Wearing manly gloves and my ugly green visor
  • Using big words to try and look wiser
  • Damning chess Queens for not loving Kings
  •  
  • When a wife leaves
  • When my hair strings
  • When I'm feeling sad
  • I simply remember my Kodyism things
  • Then I don't feel so bad

Absolutely brilliant!!!!! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 6

The torch on a bridge reference is from Season 16 episode 13 One on One Part 3 at 12:51. (Yes folks I'm finally caught up!)

Interviewer:  Do you think they're all still in love with you?

K:  I don't know if it's about love or determination or commitment you know.  I know that I'm not naive here but I know that I've got a couple of wives standing on a bridge with a torch just wondering, "Do I throw this thing in the water or do we light this thing up?" 'Cause there's no better awareness than reading the facts from the light of a burning bridge.  You know what I mean?  But then it's too late.  You can't rescue that.  I mean 'cause here I am and I'm looking at this whole experience with Christine and I'm going all the way back to twelve years ago: "I hate polygamy":  and I just could have validated you know...I do not like what we're doing here.  I do not like this...and I could have just validated instead of becoming just so...oh...like righteous indignation...yeah...that was some arrogance there...yeah...some...yeah...like my first reaction was I've been loving to you and I've been this--I've been this husband and we've done all this together and we've got these great memories and these beautiful children and you hate polygamy!  What the crap!  You know like honestly that was my reaction.  Instead of going, "Oh I know it's so hard." I'm looking back now and I'm going...you know if I could go back would I save it all with just being empathetic instead?

• Useful 7
  • LOL 4
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

🎶My Kodyism Things🎵

•  
  •  
  •  
  • When a wife leaves
  • When my hair strings
  • When I'm feeling sad

This is epic!  You need to post it on the Kody thread so we can find it again when we want to have a sing along!

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

This is epic!  You need to post it on the Kody thread so we can find it again when we want to have a sing along!

Thank you.

I'm not savvy enough to move a post from one thread to another.

15 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

What does Kootie the Moron read, anyway?  Gun collector crap?  Fuck him and his spoiled little bitch attitude, all the way to Sunday!

Hide contents

That gray suit is butt-ugly.  It suits that asshole.

And ill fitting. It strains against his patriarchal paunch.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, procrasstinator said:

The torch on a bridge reference is from Season 16 episode 13 One on One Part 3 at 12:51. (Yes folks I'm finally caught up!)

Interviewer:  Do you think they're all still in love with you?

K:  I don't know if it's about love or determination or commitment you know.  I know that I'm not naive here but I know that I've got a couple of wives standing on a bridge with a torch just wondering, "Do I throw this thing in the water or do we light this thing up?" 'Cause there's no better awareness than reading the facts from the light of a burning bridge.  You know what I mean?  But then it's too late.  You can't rescue that.  I mean 'cause here I am and I'm looking at this whole experience with Christine and I'm going all the way back to twelve years ago: "I hate polygamy":  and I just could have validated you know...I do not like what we're doing here.  I do not like this...and I could have just validated instead of becoming just so...oh...like righteous indignation...yeah...that was some arrogance there...yeah...some...yeah...like my first reaction was I've been loving to you and I've been this--I've been this husband and we've done all this together and we've got these great memories and these beautiful children and you hate polygamy!  What the crap!  You know like honestly that was my reaction.  Instead of going, "Oh I know it's so hard." I'm looking back now and I'm going...you know if I could go back would I save it all with just being empathetic instead?

Goodness, you must have a migraine after transcribing all of Kody's gibberish. 

• Like 5
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

And ill fitting. It strains against his patriarchal paunch.

Ill fitting, terrible colors, and also, you're supposed to unbutton your suit jacket when you sit down so it doesn't bunch up like that.  And when you stand up you re-button it.  Did anyone notice he was going for a hug with Sukanya and she shut that down real quick :)

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 4
50 minutes ago, WhatsUpDummy said:

Did anyone notice he was going for a hug with Sukanya and she shut that down real quick :)

LOL!  I noticed that, too.  What a cretin!  I wonder if he hugs his business colleagues at gun shows.  That would be about the same level of lack of professional etiquette.  

• Like 3
  • Love 2

@monagatuna, your posting X a million.  These are the sentiments that people who put others before self have said for the past three years. 

IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU, YOU ASSHOLE! 

I could never live with myself if I thought my carelessness or "I'm so tired of it" ended up hurting or killing another human. But Kootie is incapable of caring for anything but his own comfort.

• Like 2
  • Applause 10
  • Love 7
22 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I felt like I was watching a teenaged asshole sitting at a jr high school lunch room table trying to push his friends to take his side in some petty fight with another kid.

You've solved Kotex's problem!  He needs a slam book!!!  Remember those spiral notebooks where teenage girls wrote one name per page and then passed them around for everyone to make shitty comments about that person?

It was a precursor of the internet that has received no credit at all--anonymous means of saying nasty stuff about someone, spreading lies and rumors--everything Twitter offers, 60 years ahead of its time.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 5

Kotex kept urging the wives to talk (about Christine), then made some snotty remark to Janelle about discussing her house plans as Janelle was leaving.  The thing is, every time anyone else tried to say anything at all, even about Christine or the perfidious Janelle Boys, Kotex went into enraged toddler mode and started yelling about how he hated everybody (except you know who) and he hated everything and everybody hated him and didn't want him to have any fun at all.  Yelling and jumping up and acting crazy, and these mothers did what you're supposed to do:  ignore the tantrum and wait until the kid yells himself out.  But he never did yell himself out.

My wish:  Christine would establish a tradition of her extended family and her McDreamy boyfriend with the best hair ever come to wherever Kotex and Rubbing (and Merry) are living, rent an AB&B (a rilly luxurious one with ample reading lights by the beds) and invite the kids' dad and Janelle and her significant other (and her kids) to a Brown Family Christmas Celebration.  TLC will run it as a two-hour special, with biggest paycheck going to Christine.

Every damn year.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

If only there existed some kind of light source that didn't need to sit on a nightstand, like a regular lamp but taller, so tall that it could actually sit on the floor yet reach higher than a table lamp does, casting its light downward for reading ... 

Also, if only there were something like a flashlight you could hook onto the book and it would emit a soft light you could read by, but not so bright as to shine onto your trying to sleep partner. 

Then again, using something like that would take being thoughtful of someone other than yourself.  Never mind....

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Wink 2
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
57 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

I certainly hope not.  Nothing to show except MLM commercials and visits with the umpteen kids.

I hope not too because enough already. But I could see the idea of a plucky divorcee, finally free from an unhappy plural marriage, navigates life as a newly single woman being pitched. Topics include: will she consider another plural family? Meetings and interviews ensue. What about dating as a single lady? Monogamy! So different! Oh and the awkward visits to the former family. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Jel said:

I hope not too because enough already. But I could see the idea of a plucky divorcee, finally free from an unhappy plural marriage, navigates life as a newly single woman being pitched. Topics include: will she consider another plural family? Meetings and interviews ensue. What about dating as a single lady? Monogamy! So different! Oh and the awkward visits to the former family. 

I would totally watch that.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Chris Knight said:

I would totally watch that.

I would. I like her kids, Gma Annie, like Janelle's. I'd love to see some adventures. 

Or them talking about their different ways of coping then communicating  with a grandstanding, bullying narcissist.  

• Like 3
  • Love 5
Just now, Art Of Noiz said:

I would. I like her kids, Gma Annie, like Janelle's. I'd love to see some adventures. 

Or them talking about their different ways of coping then communicating  with a grandstanding, bullying narcissist.  

I don't need a whole series but I wouldn't mind like - 4 times a year updates. 

• Like 5
  • Love 4
On 12/13/2022 at 3:53 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

The producers had some fun showing Savannah describing how Kody didn't want to be at the trailer and how not seeing him since he had the CoVID didn't really make a difference because she saw so little of him anyway.  Cut to Kody claiming that when Janelle was living at Coyote Pass he was "splitting his nights between Janelle's RV and Robyn's place." 

Wait, what exactly does "split" mean?  I guess it means he could be spending 97% of nights at Robyn's and 3% at Janelle's and that is technically a split.  A shitty and unfair split, but a split nonetheless.  Whatever you say, Kody. 

DId anyone notice how when Kody was wrapping up his critique of Janelle's apartment bathroom, she tried to make light of it and say "it's kind of fun it's kind of like we are starting out like a young couple" and she keeps reaching over to him, trying to touch his arm like she wants to pull him to her.  And he just ignores her gesture completely.  So painfully awkward.  Then she asks him if he wants to go out to eat and he answers her in that whiny, petulant tone he uses when he isn't getting his way.  Yehhhhhhh, I need to eat.  I guess it's gonna have to be with you.  BLeehhhh.  I just hate that guy.

I am seriously glad that it's been announced that Janelle has left him because watching her tolerate him barely tolerate her (with her idiotic house plans she keeps dragging out, girl wake up) and the way he sneer-speaks to her about virtually every subject is making me think she is as big a fool as Meri.   The way she just smiles back and speaks to him in that brainless "I-am-going-to-ignore-how-nasty you-are-being-to-me" voice is becoming unbearable. 

I completely agree!! It bugs me so bad when Janelle babies him like that. She will call him baby and honey even after he is the biggest asshole to her. I don't get it. Does she not care how he treats her? Does it not bother her how he treats her kids? Does she think he's all she can get? I know she eventually leaves him but look how long it took! The way she talks to him is  like she's in love with him and he shows nothing but disdain for her. She was reminding me of Meri too. I was hoping there would be a different host than last time for the reunion but unfortunately it's the same one. The one that sympathized with Sobbyn and Kody. After she asked him a question he immediatelyo jumped on her saying that's not a fair question to ask. So it looks like there will be no important questions asked again and it will be a waste of our time watching. I wish they would have Kevin Frazer as the host for the tell all. He asks all the difficult questions and isn't afraid to confront people. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1
On 12/14/2022 at 5:36 AM, GeeGolly said:

🎶My Kodyism Things🎵

•  
  •  
  •  
  • When a wife leaves
  • When my hair strings
  • When I'm feeling sad

great work!  You should put this in the Asshat thread!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 2
11 hours ago, Cetacean said:

I certainly hope not.  Nothing to show except MLM commercials and visits with the umpteen kids.

I do, for a couple seasons or as a special short series. I’d give *anything* to see Robyn and Kody ignored while attention is on Christine (and maybe Janelle if she eventually moves past separation). 

• Like 4
  • Fire 3
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I do, for a couple seasons or as a special short series. I’d give *anything* to see Robyn and Kody ignored while attention is on Christine (and maybe Janelle if she eventually moves past separation). 

I'd love to see Christine and Janelle as single (dating or no) women trying to maintain a relationship between their children and the children's father--which is, after all, what he wants more than anything-- with delicious meetings of the two women concocting plans to infuriate Kotex and Rubbing.

I think what's going to happen naturally is that once Janelle is free of the shit that is Kotex she will magically drop all kinds of weight and end up as a beautiful career gal, gorgeous and competent, full of self-confidence so that she is able to scoff at Kotex--to his face.  She will make Rubbing look like the block-headed virago she is.

And Christine is definitely (imo) interested in finding a new man, and as she recovers from Kotexvid she will become beautiful and relaxed, those frown lines will disappear and she will openly laugh at Kotex when he tries to lay shit on her about betraying him.  Her boyfriend/husband will love her fiercely because he has seen the inner strength required in her to cut herself loose.  He will be taller, better coiffed and in superb physical condition, much better than Kotex.  Rubbing will be forced to acknowledge that Christine is fully divorced because it's obvious she's Done It with another man, and that will make the corners of her mouth turn down even further.

Christine and Janelle will aim for monthly visits with the rest of the kids' family, and the weekly show will be about the joy and snark of their prep for those visits.

Rubbing and Merry, meanwhile, will be gnashing their teeth and tearing their hair because they're stuck with this Terrible Two of a husband, owing so much money on land they can't afford to build on or to sell (because of the loss of TLC money).  Pressure will be put on Merry to sell her B&B.

It will be a joy to watch, and I'm signing up right now.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, jojo3couleurs said:

great work!  You should put this in the Asshat thread!

I believe someone already reposted this there. The reason I posted it here was because the discussion had turned to Kody and all his ridiculousness. The posts in this thread is what led to the song.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
On 12/12/2022 at 2:20 AM, Yeah No said:

I love how Kody keeps raging about all the "sacrifices" he's made for these women.  Seriously?  What sacrifices?  Everything has been his way all the time.  I think this is just more delusional reframing he's done over the years to "justify" being married to so many women. 

This x 100

I think his life as a plural patriarch hasn't turned out like he thought it would. I think he envisioned four adoring wives and a passel of adoring kids, all gathered at his feet and waiting for his wisdom. I think he did not envision 22 people with thoughts, desires, and opinions of their own—or at the least, 22 people who weren't willing to bend and reshape those thoughts, desires, and opinions to match his own.

Now his vision of the perfect plural family has gone up in smoke—not only can three of his wives see he's full of it, but something like 13 of his children can. He's casting about for something/someone to blame. He can't blame himself, of course. Instead, it's the fault of (most of) his wives and children for not being properly deferent to him, and plural marriage itself for being too hard.

He's facing life as a 50-something failed patriarch with a largely estranged family, and the only way he think to regain some sense of control is to bang on about how hard he's worked to make plural marriage functional. It's not his fault this experiment has been an utter failure, because he's sacrificed everything for it.

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • Like 6
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 12/15/2022 at 9:48 AM, Mothra said:

I'd love to see Christine and Janelle as single (dating or no) women trying to maintain a relationship between their children and the children's father--which is, after all, what he wants more than anything-- with delicious meetings of the two women concocting plans to infuriate Kotex and Rubbing.

I think what's going to happen naturally is that once Janelle is free of the shit that is Kotex she will magically drop all kinds of weight and end up as a beautiful career gal, gorgeous and competent, full of self-confidence so that she is able to scoff at Kotex--to his face.  She will make Rubbing look like the block-headed virago she is.

And Christine is definitely (imo) interested in finding a new man, and as she recovers from Kotexvid she will become beautiful and relaxed, those frown lines will disappear and she will openly laugh at Kotex when he tries to lay shit on her about betraying him.  Her boyfriend/husband will love her fiercely because he has seen the inner strength required in her to cut herself loose.  He will be taller, better coiffed and in superb physical condition, much better than Kotex.  Rubbing will be forced to acknowledge that Christine is fully divorced because it's obvious she's Done It with another man, and that will make the corners of her mouth turn down even further.

Christine and Janelle will aim for monthly visits with the rest of the kids' family, and the weekly show will be about the joy and snark of their prep for those visits.

Rubbing and Merry, meanwhile, will be gnashing their teeth and tearing their hair because they're stuck with this Terrible Two of a husband, owing so much money on land they can't afford to build on or to sell (because of the loss of TLC money).  Pressure will be put on Merry to sell her B&B.

It will be a joy to watch, and I'm signing up right now.

Fire for blockhead virago!! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
On 12/11/2022 at 9:56 PM, altopower said:

But Kody and Robyn don't want other people at their McMansion, really.  And I am so sick of hearing about Kody's pain.

Me as well. I volunteer to drive up there and make him feel some actual pain. Anyone want to be my alibi? 😁

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
31 minutes ago, Texasmom1970 said:

Me as well. I volunteer to drive up there and make him feel some actual pain. Anyone want to be my alibi? 😁

Raises hand! I'll HAPPILY help you in any way!

Edited by goofygirl
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, Texasmom1970 said:

2 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Raises hand! I'll HAPPILY help you in any way!

We need to get together as a group and work out the story.  Maybe have @Joan of Argh fake a photo of all of us in Hawaii or something with the date/time stamped for the authorities.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1