Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E14: Which Wife is Next?

Ms.Lulu
  • Start Topic

While Christine settles into her new life in Utah, the remaining wives and Kody have another tense conversation at Robyn's; Janelle feels Kody is making her choose between him and her kids, and they reach a breaking point.

December 11, 2022

• Love 5

Robyn would only cry over insults to her own children, which Kody wouldn't give them because they are THEIR children and therefore perfect. I doubt Kody ever apologized to Gabe. Janelle will never choose Kody/Robyn/Meri over her own children, which they should have known before this. Unless their goal is just to prod her more to leave, which is entirely possible.

• Like 8
  • Love 14

I can't believe Kody told his sons they wouldn't be welcome for Christmas unless they apologized.  Apologize for what?  Stating that Robyn was most likely behind the covid protocols?  For wanting a relationship with him?

• Like 4
  • Applause 11
  • Love 9

Gabe and Garrison don't want to see Kody at this point. Why would they want him to talk to them?  And here is Kody criticizing Janelle for him not knowing what her kids are doing for Christmas. He doesn't know squat.

• Like 5
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, Adeejay said:

I can't believe Kody told his sons they wouldn't be welcome for Christmas unless they apologized.  Apologize for what?  Stating that Robyn was most likely behind the covid protocols?  For wanting a relationship with him?

where did Janelle’s family end up last Christmas?  I am so confused by the timeline 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

One thing that's interesting is that Robyn hasn't called out that besides the boys not being welcomed until they apologize, that Kody forgot Gabe's birthday. 

Where is Gabe's apology? Why isn't Robyn crying over the way that Kody mistreated his sons?

There seems to be a planned and systematic attack on Janelle.

I have wondered  if they are trying to bully her into submission so she'll get the land paid off. 

• Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
Just now, altopower said:

Janelle isn't putting up with his shit anymore.  And Meri and Robyn sit there like stone statues, saying nothing.

Because they know if they say anything to question his Kidneyship that he will turn on them and say how they betrayed him.

• Like 7
  • Applause 7
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

It is interesting that Kody doesn't like that Christine is bringing kids to Flagstaff so that they can see the family.

It is shocking that he doesn't like the idea that they would stay in a neutral place. He wants them at his house (meaning Robyn's house).

But at least Meri acknowledges that she would do the same thing that Janelle is doing--spending the holidays with her children.

But not to Kody's face. Just in TH.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 11
Just now, toodywoody said:

But where were the kids supposed to stay, especially if they brought their girlfriends or spouses? On the floor at Robyn's. It makes no sense how he's acting.

It only makes sense if you need to be in control of everyone and be unconditionally adored.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, Twopper said:

where did Janelle’s family end up last Christmas?  I am so confused by the timeline 

This was filmed before the 2021 holidays. In 2020 (first year of COVID), Robyn and Meri and Kody spent Christmas together; remember Robyn crying that they couldn't be together since Janelle and Christine didn't follow the rules.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

Why does Kody think he is making huge sacrifices for his kids? Didn't he tell Janelle that they had to move out or he wouldn't spend time with Janelle?

Also, why does Kody keep bringing up Christine? It seems like he is blaming Christine for everything. The failure of Kody polygamy, the failure of Kody's relationships with his kids, the failure of holidays are all Christine's fault.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

It only makes sense if you need to be in control of everyone and be unconditionally adored.

You're right.

Kidney needs to realize his grown ass kids are grown. They can decide who and where they want to spend the holidays with. Grown kids often go see both parents, but he's making it to where they don't want to see him AT ALL. It is not the mother's job to make sure they spend time with him and Robyn. These are all his kids and he needs to make the effort, but that would involve him, making an effort and he's too busy with his head up Robyn's ass. You would think since he is constantly throwing himself around about how the 2 mothers have turned their kids against him, you would think he would try to reach out, but he can't even do that. So it's on you douchecanoe.

• Like 4
  • Applause 7
  • Love 8
29 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

There is a lot of weight to this episode. We can all see that Janelle sees the writing on the wall. Robyn and Kody want her out. 

The 'unplanned' conversation about whether Janelle was still committed was clearly planned by Kody and Robyn.

I still believe that Robyn and Kody think they will be able to act their way to swaying popular opinion that Kody is the wronged person in the family.

Not after his mad screaming fest. He was unhinged!  

• Like 7
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

Also, why does Kody keep bringing up Christine? It seems like he is blaming Christine for everything. The failure of Kody polygamy, the failure of Kody's relationships with his kids, the failure of holidays are all Christine's fault.

Because she's not there so she's an easy target.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

The rules come up again. We all saw the they got the rules right before the holidays the previous year. Kody seems to forget that it is all caught on video.

Kody has to talk respect and persecution yet again. 

And how he doesn't have support from Janelle. HE has had to deal with Covid protocols, HE has had to deal with being away from the part of the family he doesn't like. HE was left by a wife that he mistreated. HE and his family (not Janelle and their kids--his wife Robyn and their kids) got Covid.

At least Kody is making it easy for me to walk away after this season. He is an asshat.

He has to do EVERYTHING. "To SAVE you!"

• Like 1
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 14
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

There is a lot of weight to this episode. We can all see that Janelle sees the writing on the wall. Robyn and Kody want her out. 

The 'unplanned' conversation about whether Janelle was still committed was clearly planned by Kody and Robyn.

I still believe that Robyn and Kody think they will be able to act their way to swaying popular opinion that Kody is the wronged person in the family.

Not after his mad screaming fest. He was unhinged!  

There was a lot of rilly rilly dilling with fillings tonight. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 19
  • Love 4

So, it looks like we're at the end of the season!  Thank you Jeebus!!  This last little diatribe of Douchie's was one real giant piece of crap.  It's like he's forgotten that a bunch of this stuff has been memorialized on film.  And I BET there are DATES on there that he can reflect back on and see "Yes, I DID say that those boys of Janelle's (Certainly not OUR boys) would not be welcome UNTIL they apologize to ME and to SOBBYN".  Yes, you douchecanoe, you SAID THAT!

I'm so tired of his narcissism!  He's just a complete and total bullshitter.  

It looks like the "one-on-one" is just gonna be more bull.  I'm about done with the whole thing.

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 5

At the end of this episode, I totally envisioned a balloon flying around as it deflated, landing in pile of poop. What an unsatisfactory ending to this crapfest.

I didn't have the ability to rewind and rewatch anything, so please jump in and correct me if I missed something. But did Meri not say that she was about to address the fact that Kodi has been treating her the same way that he is accusing Christine of treating him? Cut to commercial. Back to the show. And then... *insert balloon deflating* Nothing?

Janelle all riled up and leaving the conversation after Kody yells at her as per the thousands of commercials leading up to this episode. And then... *insert balloon deflating* she turns around and sits back down. (And then SHE tells Kody "it's ok").

But I do love Janelle gettin' rilly rill about Robyn doing the fake confused face.

P.s. We did see a great glimpse of Sobyn, The KoDouche Whisperer when SHE explains to HIM how his strained relationship with the kids is magnified by the divorce.

Edited by juicyfruit
Forgot to give props to Janelle for calling out Robyn.
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
42 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

Have we ever seen a more consistent deflector and picture ("pitcher") of pure self-centeredness as that of Kody Brown? It's ALL ABOUT HIM, ladies! Do you KNOW what he just went through? A divorce that was a COMPLETE BLINDSIDE? A WIFE who TALKS BEHIND HIS BACK and TURNS HIS KIDS AGAINST HIM?? The awful, agonizing near-death experience of COVID-19??!  I couldn't believe he started with his hair-flipping, Shakespearian-like emoting with Janelle, who took a page from Christine's book and very calmly told him, over and over, that he had indeed demanded apologies from his sons before he would deign to associate with them. And what was the reference to "alcoholic families" he used twice? What was the "donkey turning the wheel" analogy, which, apparently is a "compliment to Robyn" because it means she is helping the family to get to the root of their issues? My head was spinning. But what I so, so wished for Janelle to say, she didn't: "Kody, if you are saying you want to start communicating with your sons, then you, as their FATHER, should reach out and make arrangements to talk things out." He loves to put the wives in the middle and make them do his dirty work. Then, of course, it's their fault when things don't go his way (i.e., when he isn't held up as the paragon of fatherly virtue). 

Meri is getting closer and closer every episode to being about as useful as a cardboard cutout of herself, just sittin' there sayin' nothing and contributing less. And once again, Kody just comes out and says he's trying to get that barnacle of a wife out of his life. Yet, she "keeps trying." Oh, Meri- have thee no dignity?

Cardboard cutout!! I laughed hard. Ty!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2