Type keyword(s) to search

S43.E07: Bull in a China Shop

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

In a game where knowledge is power, one castaway risks sharing their “knowledge” with a few too many people. Also, another castaway tries to recover after a complete blindside at tribal council.

Original air date 11/2/22

Who was the BiaCS?

I hope voting out Dwight is going to backfire on Cody and jesse just like the losing streak they had after voting out colorful hair over nneka. 

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 2

I'll be very happy if I never have to hear Gabler talk for the rest of the season.  I don't know if he was trying to psych Cody out in that challenge, earn good will with the jury, or paint himself as Ben 2.0, but I was disappointed his minute by minute shout outs seem to help him.  That challenge design was stupid, didn't need to be run in pairs, and the net part really screwed some people over.  

I was sad to lose Dwight, as he was one of the only men left I was actually rooting for, but glad it wasn't Noelle.  I will be extra nervous for her now though.  I honestly hope Cody or Jesse get blindsided next.  I don't know what they were thinking teaming up with Coco.  I also hope, at the next TC, Noelle uses her steal a vote advantage before James can use his KIP.  I have a feeling he will find out about that from Cody and Jesse, if he doesn't already know, and possibly target Noelle for it.  

I don't see why people think Ryan is a challenge threat, but clearly he isn't a social threat.  I'd also like to know why there wasn't a mad dash to the shelter to find the advantage, but I hope it fails on TPTB again.

4 minutes ago, jsm1125 said:

I don’t think we got a good sense of why Dwight became the target. Is this Jesse just wanting to flip on his old tribe for the sake of it? 

It seemed like Cody was the one who wanted to go after Dwight.  Something about it making Noelle weak (like she can't just find more allies in the game) and being good at challenges.  I also think they didn't want to stick with Vesi and Baka and make their own moves.  Jesse said he liked Karla because of the similarity in their families, but I don't know if Jesse can trust Karla.  I believe she'll bleed Coco before turning on them.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Did Janine grab back her idol from Dwight as votes were being read? I thought she was gonna play some special 'during vote reading' advantage as I admit to not really following the show intently (since it so jumped the shark like 5 years ago). But then I realized it was her getting back whatever thing he held onto for her so James couldn't steal.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

I hope voting out Dwight is going to backfire on Cody and jesse just like the losing streak they had after voting out colorful hair over nneka. 

If Karla can keep her advantage a secret, it probably will at some point

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, susannot said:

All three black guys.  Of course.

So your insinuation is black guys cannot be voted out? Also tired of all the idols and advantages . It’s insane.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, susannot said:

It is not an insinuation.  It is an observation.  Of course black guys (people) can be voted out and they usually are.

It's been women mostly thus far. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Lamima
  • Sad 1
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, susannot said:

I thought the same thing and then I realized even the black guys were voting out black guys! So apparently there was something about their gameplay that I missed. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, stcroix said:

I thought the same thing and then I realized even the black guys were voting out black guys! So apparently there was something about their gameplay that I missed. 

As to this: Ryan is seen as a physical threat, James a social threat (plus the KIP advantage, which is why I think they split the votes) and then Dwight was seen as a threat by Cody I guess.  So logical reasons for voting them off, though I'm surprised they didn't do James.  I hope that comes back to bite them.  Baka and Vesi had an alliance until Cody and Jesse flipped.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

It seemed like Cody was the one who wanted to go after Dwight.  Something about it making Noelle weak (like she can't just find more allies in the game) and being good at challenges.  

Do Cody and Noell have some kind of secret alliance?  I have had other things on my mind this fall and cannot remember much from week to week, but the way he traded her out for Dwight made me think he was trying to protect her for some reason.  And the reason of course would be that he considered her an ally.  That's just what it seemed like to me based on several decades of watching the show 😄

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, jsm1125 said:

The immunity challenge ate up nearly half the episode.

Can the producers bother to show us something from Cassidy, please?

They did show her kicking the ass of that twisted net long before anyone else did. Not much, I grant you, but I appreciated it!

Poor Jeanine. Hopefully she can have a tribal soon where she doesn't end up making the saddest face ever.

3 minutes ago, awaken said:

I don’t yet understand how so many people joined in on the Dwight vote. This is going to take some analysis to figure out!  The James/Ryan vote seemed like a good idea. 

I don't either.  He was very likeable.  That's probably the reason why.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Aww c'mon Dwight...that was a b#@ch move not immedialy handing the idol back to the Jeannine when the votes was clearly not going his way. I feel so bad for her...she's my favorite but this game is treating her like Charlie Brown, Lucy and the football.

Was that challenge supposed to stop for a rest instead of going continually or did Probst see a very special moment and ran with it?

Gabler should have stopped with World War II vet Tennyson's moving story but then he lost credibility when he started spouting non-sensical inspirations.

Lastly that was like right out of B-1950's giant spider movie with Nicole and Jeannine looking like hapless humans trapped in an oversized web. The stuff of nightmares!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, awaken said:

I don’t yet understand how so many people joined in on the Dwight vote. This is going to take some analysis to figure out!  The James/Ryan vote seemed like a good idea. 

It seemed like Baka/Vesi were going to stick together and vote out Coco, who are a unit apparently.  But Jesse, Cody, and Sami flipped and voted out Dwight with the 4 Coco members.  I'm most confused about Sami, because we only saw Jesse and Cody talking about flipping.  Maybe if we hadn't spent half the episode at the challenge this would have made more sense.  But I'm curious why Sami flipped and if intends on staying with his new alliance or what.  Maybe he's trying to get in a position where he's needed? 

The pacing of this episode was just weird.  For everything that went down usually this is what we spend the episode on-the advantage and scrambling.  And I really don't understand why Cody wanted Dwight out.  They said it was because of Noelle and that he was a challenge threat, but to that last part, really?  Cody's more of a challenge threat than Dwight.  And he has an idol.  Jesse seems like he's making stupid moves.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Was this the first challenge ever halted to help two people possibly being suffocated in a twisted, muddy net? I swear they are trying to kill the contestants this season. 

They didn't stop it to help Noelle and Janine. They stopped it because only the first 4 teams to complete it would advance. They had their 4.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Was this the first challenge ever halted to help two people possibly being suffocated in a twisted, muddy net? I swear they are trying to kill the contestants this season. 

I am claustrophobic and that net challenge gave me extreme anxiety. Almost couldn’t watch it. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Love 8

I could be wrong on the physics of pulley systems, but I'm thinking the best strategy would be to keep as much of your body above the handlebar as you can while simultaneously keeping the weighted item as close to the top as possible.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

According to Jeff Probst, Dwight could not have handed the idol back to Jeanine at any time during voting. Once Jeff asks if there are any idols, advantages, etc and starts to read the votes, that’s it. Dwight had it, he didn’t use it and it was null and void as soon as Jeff read the first vote. That’s the downside of playing musical idols. 

• Useful 14
  • Love 6

I haven’t been commenting much this season because try as I might, I can’t find much to get excited about. My biggest problem is one that’s echoed in my watching of this year’s Amazing Race— I either have no connection to most of the players or, even worse, don’t know who they are. (There’s a Cassidy?)

I just have to applaud the contestants for sticking to their guns and defying all attempts at diversity by continuing to target women and black people. Bonus points if it’s a black woman! (Sorry Dwight, looks like they ran out of those.)

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 11

Gabler is insufferable. 

I'm not going so far as to say Dwight was purpled, but I could not remember anything about him. I also don't have much of a sense of alliances this season. 

I'm glad it wasn't Noelle. We need to get some men voted out.

Speaking of Noelle, I just got the image of her being paired up with Naonka and Naonka screaming about her leg. I may be evil.

I think my favorites right now are Karla and Owen. Basically, anyone not Gabler or Sami.

Can someone get James some water?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I still can't stand Cody or Gabler. As the last two standing in the immunity challenge, didn't matter who won because both are insufferable. Was hoping James or Ryan would get booted so Cody wouldn't get his way.

Always enjoy seeing Noelle compete. She truly is a competitive warrior. Glad she survived another vote tonight.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, susannot said:

3 hours ago, stcroix said:

This was my thinking also. I was watching all the votes going to the black guys & cringing when I realized they were voting for each other too.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Every time they go to tribal council I get flashbacks to the Tiki Room at Disneyland.  The music. Sigh.

I thought the challenge was unfair to Noelle, since she was likely to get her prosthetic caught in the webbing of the net she had to twist through. The other players did not have that disadvantage.  I liked the challenge otherwise.

Other than Gabler -- who I tried to like, I really did -- I like everyone the same. I just don't have any player I am actually rooting for so far. This just seems like a weird season to me.

Edited by Andyourlittledog2
Fixed the last paragraph as I accidentally said the opposite of what I wanted to say.
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Jodithgrace said:

According to Jeff Probst, Dwight could not have handed the idol back to Jeanine at any time during voting. Once Jeff asks if there are any idols, advantages, etc and starts to read the votes, that’s it. Dwight had it, he didn’t use it and it was null and void as soon as Jeff read the first vote. That’s the downside of playing musical idols. 

Thanks.  I forgot totally that she gave Dwight her idol to hold to keep it safe from James.  Last week totally clueless.  This week clueless and idol poor now. 

I still like Cody the best but don't quite understand his move in tonight's episode.  I know Dwight went against his first partner in a vote early on and Cody may have been thinking Dwight would target him eventually.

The minute it took to type this post I dedicate to South Dakota because I have never been there.  Inspiration!!  Woot!

• LOL 14
  • Love 2

My inner child cackled at the skid marks going down the slides. 💩

I don’t really dislike anyone , but I’m not really rooting for anyone either. Usually I’d have a fav by now. I hope things pick up soon. 

• Like 1
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I'll be very happy if I never have to hear Gabler talk for the rest of the season.  I don't know if he was trying to psych Cody out in that challenge, earn good will with the jury, or paint himself as Ben 2.0, but I was disappointed his minute by minute shout outs seem to help him.

It might've been all three of your reasons, plus the fourth of Gabler continually talking in order to take his mind off the physical strain.

9 hours ago, susannot said:

It is not an insinuation.  It is an observation.  Of course black guys (people) can be voted out and they usually are.

YOUR OBSERVATION seems to suggest there is a racial component. black people, white people, asian people, people of all shapes sizes and colors and sexes are voted out. the more people of a certain group are there (women, people of color, etc) the more chance they will be voted out. I saw nothing but gameplay last nite. whatever.

• Applause 2
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I haven’t been commenting much this season because try as I might, I can’t find much to get excited about. My biggest problem is one that’s echoed in my watching of this year’s Amazing Race— I either have no connection to most of the players or, even worse, don’t know who they are. (There’s a Cassidy?)

This is kind of how I feel.  There is was a Dwight?  I don't remember anything about him.  I certainly don't have a clue as to why he was voted out.

Yeah, I cringed when only the black guys' names were being read.

I didn't mind Gabler's gabbling.  If he used that to keep his mind focused good on him.  Do what works.

• Like 2
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

Every time they go to tribal council I get flashbacks to the Tiki Room at Disneyland.  The music. Sigh.

I thought the challenge was unfair to Noelle, since she was likely to get her prosthetic caught in the webbing of the net she had to twist through. The other players did not have that disadvantage.  I liked the challenge otherwise.

Other than Gabler -- who I tried to like, I really did -- I like everyone the same. I just don't have any player I am actually rooting for so far. This just seems like a weird season to me.

my understanding was Noelle did not want any changes due to her disability, she wanted to be treated as if she does not have a disability. I think being treated differently would put a big target on her back.

I loved Gablers little speech about the military but the callouts became tiresome,

5 hours ago, Skooma said:

Thanks.  I forgot totally that she gave Dwight her idol to hold to keep it safe from James.  Last week totally clueless.  This week clueless and idol poor now. 

I still like Cody the best but don't quite understand his move in tonight's episode.  I know Dwight went against his first partner in a vote early on and Cody may have been thinking Dwight would target him eventually.

The minute it took to type this post I dedicate to South Dakota because I have never been there.  Inspiration!!  Woot!

I was totally confused that he didnt give her thr idol back--did she know it would become null and void if he didnt use it? that stinks. it also is problematic as the players come in the season knowing how to "trip up" the advantage rules. so stupid.

5 minutes ago, Haleth said:

This is kind of how I feel.  There is was a Dwight?  I don't remember anything about him.  I certainly don't have a clue as to why he was voted out.

Yeah, I cringed when only the black guys' names were being read.

I didn't mind Gabler's gabbling.  If he used that to keep his mind focused good on him.  Do what works.

there was someone who hated Cassidy, who was it? and why?

• Love 1

I liked how kind Sami was to Noelle when she lost the netting phase of the comp. I like Sami in general.  I like Cody too.  I think he's a breath of fresh air.  Gabler doesn't bother me at all and I was very impressed he won that challenge over Cody.   

Either the editing is terrible, or there are just too many twists and turns but at this point of the game I should know who everyone is, and I don't.  

Last week tribal council was so long and boring, I came very close, for the first time in my life to FF to the end to see who was voted out.  I was a bit sorry to see Elie go, even though she was a bit too arrogant, because she did add personality (sorely lacking this year) to the show.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, nlkm9 said:

YOUR OBSERVATION seems to suggest there is a racial component. black people, white people, asian people, people of all shapes sizes and colors and sexes are voted out. the more people of a certain group are there (women, people of color, etc) the more chance they will be voted out. I saw nothing but gameplay last nite. whatever.

I have to agree here.  While I did think of the fact that the black guys were the only ones that got votes, I just took it as everyone there playing the game.  That's it.  What is a fact is that all three of those players voted for someone else within that three.  If Ryan & James are the next two to go, then maybe it's worth a discussion, but that would depend on how the vote goes down.

Overall this episode was pretty neat, but the cast overall isn't that neat.  I think they're going to vote out people that are a threat to their chances at getting to the end.  If that's lacking then it's not good, and it'll cost them, which is fair game

• Love 2

So the way I see it, Cody and Jesse had the following thoughts:

- Noelle and Dwight were a pair and they were against them when they were in Vesi.

- If they align with Baka they will eventually have to compete with Owen, Sami and Gabler, three strong people, while if they align with Coco they will have to compete with Karla, Cassidy and James, three not that strong people.

So in my opinion it was a good decision to get rid of Dwight who was not that loyal to them anyway. Am I scared that it will come back to bite them? Of course. But the thought process was logical.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2