Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E22: Reunion, Part 1

• Start Topic

I think Crystal has some of Sutton’s problem in confrontations, clumsy or surprising word choices that can obscure what she’s really saying.  That’s why she does better when she can just stare someone down and let them hang themselves with their own words, the way she did with Sutton last year.

I also think she seems way more Online than the others, even Garcelle, and that’s just going to keep causing issues.  And she seems to go to the Meghan Markle school of “my truth is more important than objective fact”.  But I do like Crystal.  And her Very Online Millenial outlook can be a more interesting and organic contrast and conflict.  If everyone can have a discussion and not a drag session, which is debatable.

About the timing of the friends dropping her, I believe it started after Crystal announced she signed on, but before it aired.  Possibly even before she started filming.  Crystal’s problem is that she worded “after I did the show” to mean “after I signed/did the agreement”.  And the other women all use “did” to refer to filming.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11

About the whole “dark” debacle, yes “dark” may be the wrong word choice.  (Her use of violated was more clear to me.). But I think the hot tub anecdote, even just the fact that Sutton felt the need to tell such a story, and some of Sutton’s other very Southern White Lady sayings and reactions did give Crystal a very off, “dark” vibe that I can understand.  Sutton’s thoughts on racism last season weren’t her most shining moment.  But they discussed it and reached an understanding before this season even started filming.  I blame Garcelle for resurrecting that fight, because I still don’t see why she’d accuse Crystal of being ready to go “are you that girl?” as a premeditated attack on Sutton instead of a reaction to what Sutton was saying in that moment.  Garcelle can stir shit and manipulate, too.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, SnarkAttack said:

I think Crystal was trying, that first season, to have a storyline.  She was a novice and miscalculated.

I'm not sure how to feel about Crystal. I like her better this season, but I don't know if she's bitten off more than she can chew being on this show. Moreso than Diana even.

However, I still didn't care for the pile-on by the other ladies (sans Sutton) about her feelings. Crystal is allowed to feel the way she feels about the situations she's in, just like the others are. She was kind of all over the place, but I think she felt they were downplaying her experience, so I understand her reaction.

I honestly hated that they brought up the coat thing because Sutton was over it. She even said so, and I agreed with Crystal that she and Sutton are fine, so why do the other women still have a problem with it?

If Sutton and Crystal were still angry with each other, then I would understand the other women's reactions. Once two people hash out their differences and decide to move forward, that should be the end of the matter. The other women seemed more bothered on Sutton's behalf than Sutton was. I was happy with how Sutton answered everything: that she stated her opinion the wrong way but she learned from her mistake. Wasn't that the whole point of the argument?

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12

The trouble with Garcelle is that she's smart, witty, talented, gorgeous, stable, put together, exudes self-confidence, oh and very wealthy.     Wait a second.   Does this make me a racist?  I don't want to "trigger" Crystal.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
On 10/9/2022 at 4:30 PM, realityplease said:

The housewives' looks ("lewks") shown in the reunion trailer: Yikes!

To quote Dolly Parton:  It takes a lot of money to look this cheap!  Erika looks like 25 pounds of potatoes stuffed into a 10 pound sack.  Rinna's face is so shiny & full of filler, implants, botox or whatever, that as someone wrote as a comment to a Vulture article:  Rinna's face looks like a Jiffy-Pop ready to blow!

Diana looked the best.  Interestingly enough, she wasn't feeling well and probably down played her look because of it.  They should all take note.  Every one of them looked bad.  Way over the top.  Too much, too complicated. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I would like to know what happened with the 14 friends?  Were they jealous cause she got the show?

My guess is that they are old Beverly Hills money and don't want to be associated with anyone involved with the show.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

I have always thought Kyle's home robbery was an insurance scam.  And leave it to Kyle to find a way to get her things back, and be able to use them, too.  She "bought them back" in a big shakedown from the burgler.  And of course, she needed to interrupt Dorit's storyline- I mean story- to tell us all, so that she can get it out there in public.  This is so she can start wearing her rings and things again.

Dorit, at least, was honest about this much.  She said she wouldn' t be rebuying anything since she's wears things once and is done.  Which really makes one think about how a burglery is a benefit to her.

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

I totally agree about microaggressions but in this instance it seems like 1)Sutton really was trying to be gracious or relate and at what point do we let learning experiences be learning experiences. 2) I agree with you that the conversation did go to a good place where Sutton had a learning experience which is why I've soured even more toward Crystal. It seems that Sutton had a bit of a growing moment and Crystal still chose to weaponize it against Sutton. 

I get that Crystal doesn't have to "clean it up" for Sutton when retelling the exchange but at the same time if you're going to bring up a discussion like that and be honest about the feelings you  had during then discuss it completely. Crystal was grasping at a defense because Garcelle caught her off guard and instead of just addressing it, discussing it and explaining herself she latched onto the children in the pool discussion to throw Sutton under the bus and hence proved that Crystal had reason to call Sutton "that girl".  Crystals a coward that gets herself involved in touchy conversations then when she starts flailing around she goes for the low hanging fruit to gain the upper hand or dig herself out of an overreach.

Last season being violated. In this post MeToo era violated is a very charged word that practically drapes someone with immunity once they've claimed this. This season was the dark comments. Now we are going with the racially charged synopsis. Hell she even did it with the Kathy requesting Michael Jackson situation. She always manages to bring a specific (sinister) lens to certain situations and claim it as enlightenment complete with passive aggressive judgement.

It's just too "Wise Soul" without the wisdom or the soul. Falls absolutely flat and false to me and looks like a persona she is desperate to create for herself on this show with nothing to back it up.  No cleverness, no wittiness and no backbone. 

I don't disagree with any of this, but somehow I still don't dislike her. 😂 

I think she is genuinely a sweet and caring person... Maybe just unsure of how to navigate the dynamics of the group? The age difference doesn't make for such a stark contrast as it did with Leah and the other women on NYC, but it's still there.

P.S. I love that she and Sutton have made up and are friends.

Edited by Tyler1992
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 10
18 minutes ago, Beachdreamer said:

I have always thought Kyle's home robbery was an insurance scam.  And leave it to Kyle to find a way to get her things back, and be able to use them, too.  She "bought them back" in a big shakedown from the burgler.  And of course, she needed to interrupt Dorit's storyline- I mean story- to tell us all, so that she can get it out there in public.  This is so she can start wearing her rings and things again.

Dorit, at least, was honest about this much.  She said she wouldn' t be rebuying anything since she's wears things once and is done.  Which really makes one think about how a burglery is a benefit to her.

Uhhh, yeah. I hope her insurance company was watching and investigates this shite. Smells like bullshit to me. First, Kyle is a fucking moron for paying a robber to buy back her shit and not get the police in on it to catch this motherfucker. Second, to interrupt Dorito's trauma story is just typical of Kyle, she cannot stand anyone else having the attention other than her. She hated LVP for it and kvelled when she got the top dog spot and bitch aint lettin' that bone go without a dogfight. Third, when she stood up for Diana's riDICulous story about how Garcelle should have blocked her name out of the threatening text? I mean, HOW does that comment pass during a reunion without the MC, asshole andy, STOPPING and focusing in on THAT comment?!? What the everloving fuck?!?

• Applause 6
  • Love 16
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Didn't Michael Jackson beat the allegations because he settled out of court with a huge settlement? Money talks. Doesn't mean he was innocent. Shut up, Erika. The more you talk the more you come off showing us what an asshole you really are. 

No, he was actually tried in a criminal trial. The prosecution did a really bad job so I could see why, based on legal standards, they acquitted him. But, I always believed he was guilty and so did a lot of people. Then he died, and suddenly everyone forgot about the accusations. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
25 minutes ago, Tyler1992 said:

I don't disagree with any of this, but somehow I still don't dislike her. 😂 

I think she is genuinely a sweet and caring person... Maybe just unsure of how to navigate the dynamics of the group? The age difference doesn't make for such a stark contrast as it did with Leah and the other women on NYC, but it's still there.

P.S. I love that she and Sutton have made up and are friends.

I’m okay with Crystal but I do have my eye on her. She’s got a mean spirited edge to her that I don’t completely trust. I need her to get her footing and see how she plans on moving within this group before I can completely feel at ease with her. 

• Like 7
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

I’m okay with Crystal but I do have my eye on her. She’s got a mean spirited edge to her that I don’t completely trust. I need her to get her footing and see how she plans on moving within this group before I can completely feel at ease with her. 

I just never know where she really stands. I really didn’t like her in her first season, especially with how she goaded Sutton. I think she’s still trying to find her lane, which is telling me she’s not a good fit for the show. 

• Like 2
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

That is a good description of how I feel about her. I honestly don't think she will be back. I cannot imagine that she would want another season of this and, unlike some of the others, clearly doesn't need the paycheck.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, gingerella said:

Third, when she stood up for Diana's riDICulous story about how Garcelle should have blocked her name out of the threatening text? I mean, HOW does that comment pass during a reunion without the MC, asshole andy, STOPPING and focusing in on THAT comment?!? What the everloving fuck?!?

She was on WWHL last night. Andy asked her about this and he commented that he had never seen Garcelle so angry. Kyle said that she was very shocked by Garcelle’s anger. She just refuses to say anything negative about Diana. And I am shocked by that!🙄

Edited by Mar
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 6
  • Love 9

I didn’t mind Crystal being put on the hot seat about the ‘dark comments.’ She deserved that for implying Sutton said awful, racist things. You can’t just throw accusations like that around and then play the ‘that’s how I felt. It’s my truth!’ And think that absolves you of having to explain what you’re saying.

However, Kyle did a similar thing when she went in about the timing of the ‘14 friends.’  Kyle implied she knew the real reason they dumped Crystal.  But, of course, she then backed off saying “I don’t talk about stuff like that.”  And I was waiting for someone to jump on that, but they didn’t. 

New band name ‘The 14 Friends’

• Like 4
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I would like to know what happened with the 14 friends?  Were they jealous cause she got the show?

I'd be tempted to drop any acquaintance who accepted an invitation to become a Ho'wife.  I'd have to wonder about their taste level.

Crystal's big mistake was semantics.  As any therapist will tell you, statements like, That comment made me feel like this  are always dubious; the correct phrasing is I felt like this when I heard that comment. 

No comment, after all, stands up and puts a gun to your head:  Feel like this or else.

But nobody can argue with how you feel.

I thought Garcelle did a great job withering Diana in their conversational exchange.  She went as far as she could—without painting a bullseye on herself for Diana's legal snipers to aim at—in implying that she believed (and continues to believe) Diana was 100% behind the Jax harassment.  I do hope the Diana illness continues throughout the next filming season.  She adds nothing to the mix personality-wise, and the litigation threats are tedious.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
46 minutes ago, Mar said:

She was on WWHL last night. Andy asked her about this and he commented that he had never seen Garcelle so angry. Kyle said that she was very shocked by Garcelle’s anger. She just refuses to say anything negative about Diana. And I am shocked by that!🙄

Good God. I just don’t understand this. At all. 

• Like 1
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, dmeets said:

Apparently he was referring to Crystal and "dark"

I was hoping it'd be Lisa busted over the Elton John table but now I'm wondering if that'll even be addressed at all.

Sutton pretty much handled the table nonsense.

But generally speaking, nope — Andy doesn’t have the guts to confront Rinna (or Erika, for that matter). Crystal is low-hanging fruit in comparison — easy to attack. But what Rinna (and Erika) did to Kathy with all the dramatics and breathless innuendo with no concrete facts backing it up deserves to be called out much more forcefully than Crystal’s treatment of Sutton, IMO.

Kathy herself will do Andy’s work here, making these bitches own what they did.

• Sad 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 16

I really wish Sutton would have just straight up looked at Crystal and asked "What did I say? I give you permission, spill it." Because I really don't  think  Sutton is a racist. I could see her phrasing things in a way that maybe aren't totally PC but I don't think  it comes from  a bad place. I totally agree with Kyle when she said that "your truth isn't THE truth" and God help me when I agree with Kyle. But it was interesting that Kyle told Crystal that by her putting it out there that Sutton said "dark things" without elaborating, it makes people make up stories and can potentially make it seem like what was said was something heinous when  maybe it wasn't. And then a little bit later, when Kyle and Crystal and talking about the 14 friends thing, Kyle says "Well I heard differently but I won't say what I heard." Hypocritical much?

Anyone else notice when Diana said that she was paying money to have the whole tweet thing investigated? She made it sound like she was being charitable again because she is very rich and so she will swoop in and save the day with her money. Yeah, I think her "investigators" are busy framing someone else for the tweets.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 18
13 minutes ago, ww92 said:

I really wish Sutton would have just straight up looked at Crystal and asked "What did I say? I give you permission, spill it." Because I really don't  think  Sutton is a racist. I could see her phrasing things in a way that maybe aren't totally PC but I don't think  it comes from  a bad place. I totally agree with Kyle when she said that "your truth isn't THE truth" and God help me when I agree with Kyle. But it was interesting that Kyle told Crystal that by her putting it out there that Sutton said "dark things" without elaborating, it makes people make up stories and can potentially make it seem like what was said was something heinous when  maybe it wasn't. And then a little bit later, when Kyle and Crystal and talking about the 14 friends thing, Kyle says "Well I heard differently but I won't say what I heard." Hypocritical much?

Anyone else notice when Diana said that she was paying money to have the whole tweet thing investigated? She made it sound like she was being charitable again because she is very rich and so she will swoop in and save the day with her money. Yeah, I think her "investigators" are busy framing someone else for the tweets.

And it sounded like she was implying Garcelle couldn't afford to do it.

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Didn't Michael Jackson beat the allegations because he settled out of court with a huge settlement? Money talks. Doesn't mean he was innocent. Shut up, Erika. The more you talk the more you come off showing us what an asshole you really are. 

It seems, from the comments she made about MJ, and how she goes in so hard on "the courts will decide, blah, blah, blah", that Erika thinks that just because someone is acquitted or found "not guilty" that the verdict must be true - there are no victims, there is no fall-out, there are no damages to anyone.

Does she have any idea of how many pedophiles, rapists and murderers walk away, mostly because the prosecution did NOT do their job?  Or, the victims' lawyers didn't have enough smarts to get a settlement in civil court? 

Does she think OJ Simpson didn't murder Nicole?  Does she think that Bill Cosby didn't drug and rape all those women?  Does she really think that Michael Jackson didn't sexually abuse children, all because they were either acquited (or in Cosby's case, the ruling was overturned) or found not guilty?  

Erika is playing a game here because she has to stick to the script that she and her attorneys/PR people have created for her about "letting the courts do their job", and it's disgusting that she would even make that statement.  

While I think that Crystal is being a little far-fetched in her stating that all millenials are no longer listening to or are disgusted by Michael Jackson's music (the Broadway show is selling out and received several Tony awards), she is right that it probably isn't high on a DJ's playlist.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
23 hours ago, njbchlover said:

And, of course, several of those accessories around her neck and in her hair are logo'd....I'm looking at Chanel pins/charms on a necklace and in her hair.

Just once, I'd like to see Dorit in something that isn't an advertisement.

As my mother use to say...less is more, dear. 

• Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 10
22 hours ago, pieinmyeye said:

With that little sparkly barrette in her hair, Erika reminds me of the poodle in the movie Best in Show. Ironically the movie was directed by Jamie Lee Curtis’s husband, Christopher Guest.

"Butch is a bitch!"

17 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Is Kyle afraid Crystal will claim her crown of Overdramatic Housewife?  I can't believe how Kyle comes after her.  It's all so ridiculous because Kyle is the biggest drama queen.

On WWHL, Andy asked Kyle some viewer questions and they were very good ones!  She had to admit to some poor behavior and choices.  

He asked some kind of hard questions but she avoided directly answering them, she hemmed and hawed with most.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, chlban said:

No, he was actually tried in a criminal trial. The prosecution did a really bad job so I could see why, based on legal standards, they acquitted him. But, I always believed he was guilty and so did a lot of people. Then he died, and suddenly everyone forgot about the accusations. 

This is true (the trial where he showed up in his pajamas and danced on a car), but he also settled twice in the early ‘90s for a lot of money, which happens a lot when celebrities are accused of nefarious behavior. What is with this show and weird tangents to Michael Jackson?

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

And it sounded like she was implying Garcelle couldn't afford to do it.

YEP!  She said something on social media a while ago about how she helped Garcelle's home country but that Garcelle has done nothing to help.  So, basically being an ASSHOLE and bragging that she can do this and that and Garcelle cannot.

I loathe Diana.

1 hour ago, RoseAllDay said:

But generally speaking, nope — Andy doesn’t have the guts to confront Rinna (or Erika, for that matter). Crystal is low-hanging fruit in comparison — easy to attack. But what Rinna (and Erika) did to Kathy with all the dramatics and breathless innuendo with no concrete facts backing it up deserves to be called out much more forcefully than Crystal’s treatment of Sutton, IMO.

He is still a fan of Erika,  He thinks she is amazing, iconic.  He is so stupid.

1 hour ago, Pi237 said:

I didn’t mind Crystal being put on the hot seat about the ‘dark comments.’ She deserved that for implying Sutton said awful, racist things. You can’t just throw accusations like that around and then play the ‘that’s how I felt. It’s my truth!’ And think that absolves you of having to explain what you’re saying.

Yeah she knew what she was doing when she said that.  It is like saying, I saw so and so walking down the street.  So and so is racist.  That is my truth!  That doesn't make it true.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, OlderThanDirt said:

How hard would it have been to film a calm one one conversation between Crystal and Sutton discussing what it was in the "pool comment" that offended Crystal? 

Very - considering that Crystal didn't think it was the pool comment until last night, when she needed to make it Go Away.  Originally it was "very dark" comments that NO ONE ELSE HAD HEARD.

2 hours ago, Maximona said:

I'd be tempted to drop any acquaintance who accepted an invitation to become a Ho'wife.  I'd have to wonder about their taste level.

I'd wonder about their taste level but I'd never drop them - I'd be hoping for an invitation to one of their parties 😄

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I know, it's a really good pic.  Thanks for saying it first.  LOL

Just want to let you know that that is not Rinna in the Room 23 pictures. It’s someone by the name of Marisa Miller. If you tap just underneath the picture the name will show up. 

• Mind Blown 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1

Crystal is crafty with her words and her feelings being more important than reality.  

Kyle's story about the robbers holding her stuff ransom..and not getting thatt5t sending money to them was stupid made me roll my eyes...even Erika was implying she was stupid for doing that....Erika...people.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
On 10/12/2022 at 7:23 PM, Stats Queen said:

Dorit was still talking and of course Kyle had to interrupt to tell her story. 

Not gonna lie. I love it when Andy rolls his eyes/yawns/etc when Dorit starts talking.

She takes the longest route to get to her story.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

I just saw a short ad for next weeks reunion.  Rinna admits that she was the one who threw Garcelle’s book in the trash.  Seriously, what the “F. They behave like junior high girls.  Jealous Much?!?

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, rissa said:

Just want to let you know that that is not Rinna in the Room 23 pictures. It’s someone by the name of Marisa Miller. If you tap just underneath the picture the name will show up. 

Oh, you’re correct and I am wrong! Good pick up.

• Love 1
On 10/12/2022 at 5:23 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

Her “angels” are there. When in trouble people suddenly find “religion” and GOD suddenly is on “their” side 

As we used to say over at Television Without Pity back in the day when assholes invoked the Almighty......God is in the tub.  

• Like 1
  • Wink 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, laffytaffy997 said:

I thought Kyle said something about some of them trying to get on the show.

No she said they were asked to be on the show. So that means they didn’t want to be on the show since they declined the invite. I took that as Kyle saying to Crystal “and before your try to say they were jealous you got on and they didn’t THEY were already asked to be on and they declined” so no it’s not them being mad that Crystal got picked over them. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 6
13 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I have been thinking that PK looked off all season.  He seems depressed.  Even his interactions with Mo are not the same.  We saw Dorit berating PK often during this season.

He needs to get Mo to share his weed!  That will perk him right up! LOL!

• Like 1
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, endure said:

Just wondering what she is a little bitter about?

Everything, but mostly her loss of a ridiculous lifestyle of spend, spend, spend (stolen money from legit victims).

8 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Then, Erika totally nailed the look she said she was going for - Ginger (Sharon Stone in the role) from the movie "Casino".  Ginger was a hooker who worked the casino that Robert DeNiro's character. Sam Rothstein, ran for the Mob.  

However, Ginger's clothes were gorgeous - not the overworked, tacky, grownup pageant queen stuff Erika favors most of the time.

The only thing reminiscent of Ginger was the hairstyle Erika wore (I wonder if she was wearing her cheap-ass extensions or real, quality human hair).

Erika as "Ginger in Casino" is a total FAIL .  She looks like she could be Ginger's Mom.

350x500_sharon-stone-casino.jpg?resize=3

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 10/13/2022 at 8:33 AM, RoseAllDay said:

What is so awful about this is, she (and Erika, to some degree) started this by her tweets to her “fans,” then stepped back and enjoyed the mayhem. I don’t really care if these were “bots.” People who don’t have Twitter read this shit too, and can act on it just as easily as members can. She knew what she was doing, and if people in her family were actually killed, then she should know how serious it is when people reference violence — and it’s a million times worse when it’s used against someone else’s CHILD.

Her ass should have been canned and her scenes scrubbed when all this came to light last summer. 

“Asshole” pretty much translates across all languages, AFAIC.

Diana, and all of them have so many followers on IG only, that a few disturbed ones could attempt something against Garcelle, her kids, or anybody else if they were encouraged. It already resulted in threats. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

YEP!  She said something on social media a while ago about how she helped Garcelle's home country but that Garcelle has done nothing to help.  So, basically being an ASSHOLE and bragging that she can do this and that and Garcelle cannot.

I loathe Diana.

He is still a fan of Erika,  He thinks she is amazing, iconic.  He is so stupid.

Yeah she knew what she was doing when she said that.  It is like saying, I saw so and so walking down the street.  So and so is racist.  That is my truth!  That doesn't make it true.  

I don't know if I've ever seen someone use their philanthropy to put down others as I have with Diana. Normally I just applaud anyone who gives back.

Before the reunion I thought perhaps Crystal may have been trying to be kind by not revealing what Sutton said. I never thought it would have been anything too terrible because Sutton is clearly a sweet person imo. But now that we know that the audience didn't really miss anything big, it kind of confirms what Garcelle said earlier-that Crystal would have taken issue no matter what Sutton said about race. If Sutton equated her life dealing with the stereotypes of southern white ladies to what Garcelle and Crystal go through, I get explaining why that's not quite the same. However, I don't think it's fair to expect ordinary folks to speak like scholars regarding race. You can think "I don't see color" is outdated and never quite made sense in the first place. You don't have to love the pool story. But I think it's clear all Sutton is saying is that she doesn't judge people based on their color and people shouldn't be divided by color. 

That said, I generally like Crystal and find it interesting how much energy Kyle has for Crystal, when she's so easy on Erika, Diana, and Rinna. Call Crystal dramatic, say she wasn't fair with Sutton. But she is a saint compared to most of the cast. 

• Like 8
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

It just hit me that Suttons little "dark" storyline at the beginning of the season was mostly likely supposed to be what "Aspen" turned into. It got ridiculously shut down and that idea died a quick death because lets look a little closer. Basically that storyline was headed towards racists comments by Sutton.  Sutton didn't panic in her handling of it and the others did a pretty good job of cutting Crystal down to size. I can't help but wonder if Rinna filed that away or maybe it's was still fresh in her mind when the Aspen melt down happened and viola a storyline is born. Maybe she thought she could get some more mileage out of it than what they got from Sutton and Crystals go round who knows. Anyway that's just me noticing the similarities in the storylines from the start of the season to the end of the season. 

It's not uncommon for example on the HW shows (because we are discussing one) that a certain storyline (like Sutton's "dark" comments) gets upstaged by a sudden, unexpected incident like Kathy's Aspen incidents. Mary's church expose was supposed to be a main theme on the RH of Salt Lake City last season (after some of her church's scandals were discussed), but then Jen Shah was arrested for fraud in the beginning of it. Teresa and Joe Guidice's fraud and prison sentences became unexpected storylines. And there are others. Sutton's comment by the jacuzzi was a little strange, but she is older, from the South, with probably not many non white friends in the past. That's why she probably tried to be uninvolved during the reunion, said she discussed it with Crystal, learned from it, and wanted to move on. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4