Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E14: Trawlin' and Brawlin'

Pop Tart
  • Start Topic

Let me guess: Taylor still has hope that Shep isn’t just a scumbag; Craig snaps at Naomie because he really doesn’t want her on the show; Naomie keeps pretending that she has something going with Whitney, thus earning her place on the show; everyone attends some made-up event where they eat, drink, gossip and generally bore each other - and us - until the cameras go home.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 10

Shep has turned into a gross middle aged man.  I’m shocked that his parents brought him up to treat women that way.  I can’t stand his haircut.  He looks like a dork.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 10

I’m with Naomi.  I would have been pissed at Venita, too.

I can’t see how these trips can be much fun with all the fights going on.  I also didn’t understand the Austen\Craig wrestling match.  How old are they?  8?

• Applause 2
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, chick binewski said:

Was that an Ugly Outfit dinner?

This crew watches as Craig rages all day, every day. They only try to intervene when Naomie directly addresses Craig. I'm not Naomie's biggest fan but I would have snapped at Venita too.  

I don't agree with this.  Naomi has been the cause of almost every brawl on this show this season.  Why doesn't she just stop trying to engage with Craig.  She knows it bothers him so just stop it.  He doesn't owe her anything. Venita was only trying to get her to back off of Craig's ass so they can all have a decent drama free evening for a change, but once again Naomi killed the chill vibe and ruined dinner.  She's a controlling harpy and I agree that the only reason she's with Whitney is to stay on the show.  She was all smug when she had Matool or whatever his name is but he dumped her ass and now she wants Craig back and keeps invading his space.  She'd better watch out or Paige will kick her ass.  The problem is they are expecting Craig to be friends with Naomi but that just doesn't work if the relationship ended on a sour note as theirs did.  There's nothing worse than being forced to hang out with someone that caused you grief by breaking up with you.  As a matter of fact it sucks!  Just ask Austen.  

Edited by swankie
Added a comment.
  • Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, swankie said:

She was all smug when she had Matool or whatever his name is but he dumped her ass and now she wants Craig back and keeps invading his space. 

• First of all, I guess I'm watching a different show.  
    • How often does Craig NOT start things...not just with Naomie, but with others?
  • Secondly, this is a scripted "reality" series.
  • Who in anyone's right mind would want that whiny/sniveling alcoholic BRO "back," front, or sideways?
  • Like 2
  • Love 8

Wow. That was some scintillating romance! 😉 For a split-second when Austen was holding Olivia I thought, okay, maybe they actually are dating? Then she gave him a hard peck like how a toddler kisses their mom and whooped and hollered, “Whoooo! First baaaaaase!” So this was their first kiss after supposedly exclusively dating??? Then Naomi gets caught up that, okay, let’s do this fake relationship thing, and grabs Whitney for a stage kiss that looked right out of a 1950s movie. Later in the episode, Whitney and Naomi are coming/leaving through the door at the same time and she says, “Hi, honey” and they both laugh. I mean, we all knew both of these fake showmances are just storylines, but, boy, they don’t even try to make it realistic.

Maybe it’s just in comparison that both Craig and Shep are terrible, but Austen has really stepped up these past two episodes and has shown a maturity and EQ that we haven’t before seen from these doofuses. I like how he’s genuinely concerned about how Shep and Craig are treating Taylor and Naomi, respectively, and he’s not only telling the jerks to knock it off and treat them right, but he’s going out of his way to connect with the women and make sure they’re okay. It was a little moment, but I liked how he said, “Naomi, I wish you were my ex!” Maybe it was a dig that Madison is the true ex from hell, but it felt like he was just validating Naomi that you’re perfect and Craig is the asshole here. Speaking of which, Craig wrestling down Austen just because he’s super drunk?! No wonder why Austen just hung up when Craig called and said to tell everyone to come over because he has chips. Anyway, for as much as Austen is preaching to the others to treat their woman right, he’s not treating Olivia wrong, but rather barely treating her at all. I think they spent a bit more time near each other this episode, so I guess that’s progress for their “relationship.” Though, the best scene of them together was also with Taylor having a drinking game of hearing Shep say Done, Crazy, and Happy.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

I am not a Venita fan but she did nothing to warrant Naomi ending a ten year friendship.  Good friends will try to reign you back in when you're showing your ass, which what Naomi was doing because she couldn't stand seeing Craig happy at dinner. She just had to start sniping at him. 

I still don't understand why everyone understood when she skipped cast trips & events when dating Metul and found it too uncomfortable being around Craig. Yet he's supposed to happily welcome her after she came sniveling back and wants to be be friends (sorry, be on the show)?

They're toxic together as so many exes are. Venita & Olivia understand that there are two sides to the story and were trying to keep it peaceful for everyone. 

Anyhoo, Shep has become so physically unattractive.  WTF was he wearing to dinner?

Both kisses, Austen/Olivia and Whitney/Naomi, were so staged and awkward. Glad it's the season finale next week.  Please cancel this crapfest.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 8

Craig can have all kinds of shitty problems with his behavior now and Naomi can STILL be a person who was an insulting, bitchy jerk to him for so long that he's still pissed at her. 

This is what seems the most accurate reading to me.

1 hour ago, snarts said:

Both kisses, Austen/Olivia and Whitney/Naomi, were so staged and awkward.

The initial kiss between Whitney and Naomi caught him by surprise and he briefly but definitively (IMO) resisted.

Edited by Lassus
  • Like 3
  • Love 5

How in God's name any woman would want a relationsip with Craig or Shep is beyond my comprehension.  My guess is that they just want to be on a TV show and they have decided to put up with these assholes for the reason alone.  I don't think there is any redemption for this show. Cancel it Bravo. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Back Atcha said:
  • First of all, I guess I'm watching a different show.  
    • How often does Craig NOT start things...not just with Naomie, but with others?
  • Secondly, this is a scripted "reality" series.
  • Who in anyone's right mind would want that whiny/sniveling alcoholic BRO "back," front, or sideways?

I have to agree with this. Just as Patricia seems to retain a soft spot for Craig I think a lot of viewers, myself included, retained one fir him for some reason, which I am now having trouble remembering. Craig has ALWAYS been a major instigator and he has completely overreacted to everything Naomie has done. I suspect she would happily ignore him, but Producers do not want that. I also really can't stand Paige, so I am sure I am unsympathetic to her. Plus, I don't think she views Craig as anything more than a friend with benefits. One benefit being it gets her on another show. However, I buy they are friends and Craig may actually be believing they are more, unlike Austin and Olivia. That may be tge fakes couple on the show INCLUDING Whitney and Naomie who are at least friends. I don't even see that with Austen and Olivia although, granted, I would rather just not see either of them in my screen again. Ever.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5

Yesterday BRAVO played season 2 of this show during the day. When I was home I watched it while cleaning house. Craig was instigating constantly, Thomas and Kathryn were both crazy, Kathryn was mad at Landon and Jennifer and, often, Thomas. I have seen the season before, of course, I still loved the show-it was also Pre-Austen-yeah. Anyway, around 6 PM it switched over to reruns from this season starting with the Friendsgiving episode. Without really thinking, I changed the channel. I realized later, when I was sort of watching this new episode in bed, how telling that was. This show was once my favorite BRAVO show. There were several seasons when it was pretty good, but it is really awful now. It's sad, but when viewers would prefer old reruns to a current episode, your show has definitely jumped the shark. The show was good because we saw, at least for the most part, real friendships and relationships. They fought and then forgave. It really went toxic, IMO, when Madison arrived. I assume the fact that both she and Pringle have disappeared and no one seems terribly interested in where they are Indicates they are gone for good? At any rate, it appears this show is dead.

Edited by chlban
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 7

My head hurt watching the episode last night. How can middle-aged men think that getting three sheets to the wind drunk AND trying to resolve deep-seated emotional issues would work out well?! Oh right, these are middle-aged men. Of course they think alcohol is the solution to everything. 

4 hours ago, snarts said:

I still don't understand why everyone understood when she skipped cast trips & events when dating Metul and found it too uncomfortable being around Craig. Yet he's supposed to happily welcome her after she came sniveling back and wants to be be friends (sorry, be on the show)?

I know there's a lot of scripting going on here, but I can see from Naomie's perspective how all she wants is for Craig to be civil with her. Not that they have to be very friendly, but just civil, and for him not to go around calling her crazy. Especially because he willingly hooked up with her just a few months before this show started.

Like that argument re: acknowledging the waitress - I don't think there's anything wrong with Naomie saying, hey, let's treat this waitress with respect and get our orders in so she can go to the kitchen and we can get our food faster. And it wasn't to Craig particularly anyway, but to the whole group, because they were busy with other things. But Craig just had to take it up another notch and be like "Well, what do you know about acknowledging waitresses? Did you work in food and bev?" It's just so rude and escalating things where it doesn't need to be. If it was Olivia or Taylor who said what Naomie said, I don't think Craig would have had a problem with it at all. And of course, he goes off getting his ass even more drunk because that will make things better. Not.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8

Oh, Craig. You couldn't keep it together and your ass in the chair for one entire episode, could you? 

Not one ounce of chemistry between Whitney and Naomi or Austen and Olivia. The small snippet of Chelsea made miss the good old days of Chelsea, Cameran and even that evil monster TRav. 

15 hours ago, Emmeline said:

Shep has turned into a gross middle aged man.  I’m shocked that his parents brought him up to treat women that way.  I can’t stand his haircut.  He looks like a dork.

He sure has and add Whitney to that. I always thought Whitney was sort of handsome but now he's looking haggard. He is in his mid 50's. He doesn't belong with this group of people in their early 30's and neither does Shep who is in his 40's. 

Best part of the episode is when some of the group was in the kitchen playing the drinking game. Take a drink every time we hear Shep say "I'm happy!", "I'm done" or something else I forgot. Even Taylor was in on it and I thought it was hilarious. Sheppie is becoming a laughing stock.

Edited to add: WHERE IS KATHRYN? Are we not supposed to notice she's missing? Is she not a part of the cast any longer?  

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Edited to add: WHERE IS KATHRYN? Are we not supposed to notice she's missing? Is she not a part of the cast any longer?  

THIS has been the latest online buzz about this sinking ship of a once great show; Kathryn hasn’t identified who did this to her(cannot fathom it being Cheleb, but he hasn’t confirmed nor denied it), but sources say that Shep and a few other cast members knew about these injuries and that was why she didn’t feel comfortable being on camera.

It *is* weird that Kathryn’s recent absences from the show are neither mentioned nor explained on camera or by any of the other cast members, so maybe that’s part of it…but then again, that’s also the telling sign of an overinflated main cast when several go completely MIA in a few episodes and it’s never even noticed nor mentioned((Shep’s pregnant cousin, Leva, Venita, never mind Madison/Pringle/Cheleb, etc…)).

42A6C2F4-7156-41B8-9657-51E48FF400A3.jpeg

78F58A54-4E2A-4643-ABC2-74999B2950D4.jpeg

• Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 3
5 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Wow. That was some scintillating romance! 😉 For a split-second when Austen was holding Olivia I thought, okay, maybe they actually are dating? Then she gave him a hard peck like how a toddler kisses their mom and whooped and hollered, “Whoooo! First baaaaaase!” So this was their first kiss after supposedly exclusively dating??? Then Naomi gets caught up that, okay, let’s do this fake relationship thing, and grabs Whitney for a stage kiss that looked right out of a 1950s movie. Later in the episode, Whitney and Naomi are coming/leaving through the door at the same time and she says, “Hi, honey” and they both laugh. I mean, we all knew both of these fake showmances are just storylines, but, boy, they don’t even try to make it realistic.

Maybe it’s just in comparison that both Craig and Shep are terrible, but Austen has really stepped up these past two episodes and has shown a maturity and EQ that we haven’t before seen from these doofuses. I like how he’s genuinely concerned about how Shep and Craig are treating Taylor and Naomi, respectively, and he’s not only telling the jerks to knock it off and treat them right, but he’s going out of his way to connect with the women and make sure they’re okay. It was a little moment, but I liked how he said, “Naomi, I wish you were my ex!” Maybe it was a dig that Madison is the true ex from hell, but it felt like he was just validating Naomi that you’re perfect and Craig is the asshole here. Speaking of which, Craig wrestling down Austen just because he’s super drunk?! No wonder why Austen just hung up when Craig called and said to tell everyone to come over because he has chips. Anyway, for as much as Austen is preaching to the others to treat their woman right, he’s not treating Olivia wrong, but rather barely treating her at all. I think they spent a bit more time near each other this episode, so I guess that’s progress for their “relationship.” Though, the best scene of them together was also with Taylor having a drinking game of hearing Shep say Done, Crazy, and Happy.

I think Austin has a big heart for girls, plus he lost his little Sister who he probably thinks of all the time.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Sun-Bun said:

THIS has been the latest online buzz about this sinking ship of a once great show; Kathryn hasn’t identified who did this to her(cannot fathom it being Cheleb, but he hasn’t confirmed nor denied it), but sources say that Shep and a few other cast members knew about these injuries and that was why she didn’t feel comfortable being on camera.

It *is* weird that Kathryn’s recent absences from the show are neither mentioned nor explained on camera or by any of the other cast members, so maybe that’s part of it…but then again, that’s also the telling sign of an overinflated main cast when several go completely MIA in a few episodes and it’s never even noticed nor mentioned((Shep’s pregnant cousin, Leva, Venita, never mind Madison/Pringle/Cheleb, etc…)).

42A6C2F4-7156-41B8-9657-51E48FF400A3.jpeg

78F58A54-4E2A-4643-ABC2-74999B2950D4.jpeg

I moved this over to the Media thread so we can discuss it there

• Like 1
11 hours ago, swankie said:

I don't agree with this.  Naomi has been the cause of almost every brawl on this show this season.  Why doesn't she just stop trying to engage with Craig.  She knows it bothers him so just stop it.  He doesn't owe her anything. Venita was only trying to get her to back off of Craig's ass so they can all have a decent drama free evening for a change, but once again Naomi killed the chill vibe and ruined dinner.  She's a controlling harpy and I agree that the only reason she's with Whitney is to stay on the show.  She was all smug when she had Matool or whatever his name is but he dumped her ass and now she wants Craig back and keeps invading his space.  She'd better watch out or Paige will kick her ass. 

Again, not the biggest Naomie fan but Craig has to accept some pushback after blasting her the previous dinner then acting like a magnanimous host the next evening.  And since S2 Craig has had zero issue calling people out in order to make himself feel good, regardless of the timing. Craig immediately overreacts any time Naomie addresses him and that ain't bc he's thinking of Paige.

I don't believe Naomie is in any imminent danger. The only scenario I could see where Paige attempts assault is if Bravo offers her a 4th show for it.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Craig told Naomie last ep to turn her frown upside down and then went ballistic when she told him what would help her do that; and this time he said she didn't get to tell him what to do and then spent several minutes telling her what to do.

Only unalloyed joy in the episode was Leva and "Little" making cookies and then her talking head about how being a parent means you're always just hanging on and she can't be a control freak.  Relatable in that moment.  

Laughed at the boaters saying "you're eating our shrimp!" to the seagulls.  Seagulls have been eating shrimp since long before humans existed, most likely!  You're eating their shrimp!

Austen holding Craig like on Titanic....okay.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

This whole Naomie/Craig saga needs to be done immediately.  We don't not only care, we are actively annoyed by it.  So stop it producers.

Venita just can't keep her trap shut.  Like she actively cannot help herself.  That being said, Naomie should have apologized and I was super surprised that she just continued to dig her heels in over it.

I am happy to see that everyone has stopped tip-toeing around both Venita and Leva.  So they can both move on now.

In the clip with Chelsea, I had forgotten how pretty she was and always seemed like a cool chick.  

Olivia just wants to have fun and keep things light and it just wasn't happening!

My biggest proof that Whitney and Naomie aren't a real thing is that he didn't come to her defense or literally her side to make sure she was o.k. during either of the dinner blowouts.  

Shep is UGLY now.  

• Like 3
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, snarts said:

Anyhoo, Shep has become so physically unattractive.  WTF was he wearing to dinner?

Shep has bragged about ingesting (and driving on) psychedelic mushrooms so I’m sure his mushroom shirt was his attempt at a sly nod to that.  Although I was thinking that the mushroom heads were appropriate because he is a dick.

9 hours ago, chlban said:

It really went toxic, IMO, when Madison arrived. I assume the fact that both she and Pringle have disappeared and no one seems terribly interested in where they are Indicates they are gone for good? At any rate, it appears this show is dead.

She was in the preview for next week.

7 hours ago, slowpoked said:

Oh right, these are middle-aged men.

Shep and Whitney.  Austen and Craig are early 30s.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I find Austen terminally boring and useless, and I always get the biggest kick out of every episode I see them drinking beer, and it's always Bud Light and NEVER that stupid beer that idiotic Austen was shilling. It was nice to see Chelsea further highlighting boring Austen's uselessness.

• Applause 1
  • Love 4

Seeing Chelsea in the flashback reminded me how much I enjoyed her stint on the show. She and Cameran were so obviously true friends, not this fake nonsense we've been subjected to in the past couple of seasons. 

Shep looks OLD! The drinking has really taken its toll. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Naomie and Whitney didn’t spend the night together?  Seemed like they couldn’t keep their hands from each other!😊

Naomie and Craig are both miserable people to be around.  Craig was slacking on his law studies and the bar exam but Naomie was a real nag about it that season.

Craig complained that she wasn’t his ride or die girl.

Problem is he doesn’t take criticism well from anyone, gets all pissy.  To him there is no such thing as tough love, just haters.

Now he’s all smug that his sewing is a successful business.  He’s not paying for the Christmas party with the band and the open bar for the season finale, Bravo is.

They’re joking about Whitney wanting Taylor’s pink meat.  She’s a devout Christian?  Not To shame them, because they looked great but Taylor and Naomie in some cameltoe fashions again.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Poor Venita. 🤣 Once again tries to be relevant to no avail. Lord.  And poor ME. I ff'd through most of the show since it was either one of the pretend "couples" rehashing the previous episode or another "non-MF Factor" <™️Basketball Wives> baking cookies with a toddler. This show has become SO boring after starting out as my favorite. 

• Love 3
22 hours ago, StevieRocks said:

another "non-MF Factor" <™️Basketball Wives>

Too funny that you wrote this.  I just thought of this iconic phrase (to me) the other day, but I can't recall who I wanted to tag with it, lol.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • LOL 2
5 minutes ago, aghst said:

what is non-MF Factor?

Basketball Wives cast member Evelyn Lozado infamously called fellow castmate Tami Roman a "non-mother f*cking factor".  Just a nastier way of calling someone irrelevant. Out of context, it's not as salty, lol.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated

I don't know - to me, it seemed like once we got past the initial opening-scene arguments, we actually had the old pleasant vibe going for awhile.  The drinking game was hilarious.  The morning after, once everyone had calmed down, they all seemed to be getting along with each other and joking around, even into the dinner.  And then the Craig/Naomie buzzkill again.  

I don't even care who started what, but I do think that Craig is incredibly hyper-sensitive to Naomie, to the point where she could sneeze and he'd blame her for the pandemic and shout that she needs to cut it out.  Naomie is by no means perfect, but I don't think she's really done anything to warrant the level of unleashed vitriol that comes from Craig every time he gets triggered somehow.  I blame Craig.

As for Venita, I actually enjoy her.  And I don't think she was "starting" anything so much as trying to show some maturity and say, "Look, just apologize.  His feelings were hurt [even if he was being a wuss about it], so say you're sorry and let's all move on.  No biggie."  It was a grown-up thing to do, and I agree that there are three sides to the whole thing - Craig's, Naomie's, and what's really going on - so what's the big deal about apologizing?  But by that point, I think Naomie was on edge and unwilling to hear anything from anyone and preferred to wallow in martyrdom.

Austen didn't drive me nuts for the second week in a row, and I kind of like him and Olivia and the buddyish relationship they have going on.  They might not be all mushy gushy, but there's still a kind of chemistry there.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 9/23/2022 at 9:15 AM, slowpoked said:

But Craig just had to take it up another notch and be like "Well, what do you know about acknowledging waitresses? Did you work in food and bev?"

Didn't we see Naomie's parents' very successful restaurant?  I don't know any child of restaurateurs/fast food restaurants who HAS NOT worked in their businesses ... kitchen prep, serving, closing/cleaning at night.  Did Craig forget he knew and liked her parents and (surely) knew about their business.   DID Naomie work there?

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, StevieRocks said:

Poor Venita. 🤣 Once again tries to be relevant to no avail. Lord. 

"Poor Venita" is right.  Whatever producer thought up adding her to the cast should be sued for cruel and unusual punishment.  It's so unfair.  Come up with a definite storyline before doing this unfair stunt casting.  She never gets to bring a date.  She's never asked to BE a date of one of the current players.  Her transformations and wardrobe are FABULOUS!

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:
On 9/23/2022 at 9:15 AM, slowpoked said:

Oh right, these are middle-aged men.

Shep and Whitney.  Austen and Craig are early 30s.

Okay...Shep and Whitney are middle-aged men; Austen and Craig LOOK LIKE middle-aged men.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, StevieRocks said:

I find Austen terminally boring and useless, and I always get the biggest kick out of every episode I see them drinking beer, and it's always Bud Light and NEVER that stupid beer that idiotic Austen was shilling. It was nice to see Chelsea further highlighting boring Austen's uselessness.

I don’t think it’s even available in Georgia lol.  They made a big deal when it finally spread to a second state (N.C.). 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Not exactly riveting television.  And she’s a recent cast member so it’s not like even an OG doing a mundane task.

Indeed, but I didn't say it was riveting, I said it was joyful.  and I'd rather see boring joy than drunken meanness.  Mileage varies!

1 hour ago, Back Atcha said:

Didn't we see Naomie's parents' very successful restaurant?  I don't know any child of restaurateurs/fast food restaurants who HAS NOT worked in their businesses ... kitchen prep, serving, closing/cleaning at night.  Did Craig forget he knew and liked her parents and (surely) knew about their business.   DID Naomie work there?

Right?! I, too, thought this was a rather inane comment to make to the daughter of an established restauranteur. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2