Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E08: It Takes a Villain

• Start Topic

46 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

I wonder how much money Diana's book raised? Rinna probably bought a bunc...nah she's too cheap and most likely only got the free one for being in the book.

Funny how the editors put the chyron saying Diana's purse cost $250k, but when she was admonishing Asher for not watching it closely enough, she said it was a $4 mil purse.

Why does Kyle always beeline and stick herself into the middle of other people's conflicts?? It's so annoying. And then she pontificates instead of facilitates, so it always goes sideways. I hope she was embarrassed watching herself roll around on the dance floor and the couch. Time and place, Kyle.

Interesting that Diana said "Do you need a new villain?" What did she mean? Was she referring to Erika being the previous villain? It seems like Diana is getting coached off camera by the other ladies. Her reactions are oversized compared to what we've seen. I was surprised she went so hot for Garcelle.

I wish for Dorit intense night sweats, hot flashes and weight gain! Shut it Dorit, you have no idea what menopause is like. Yet.

She said quarter and it just sounded like four.

• Like 4
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

In reference to Dorits accent... there is a wealthy sector in Connecticut, mainly the southwestern tip that has their own type of accent that differs from the rest of us Connecticutians.  This includes Greenwich, Stamford, New Canaan, and Westport, but mainly in Greenwich or New Canaan, you will run across people that have the accent that Dorit is striving to sound like she has, though she was raised in Woodbridge Connecticut. 

The people who speak in this “accent“ enunciate their words and each letter of the word very clearly, and smoothly. Words are never slurred or run together and contractions are rarely used. It is actually quite pleasant sounding when spoken by a warm hearted, true native who grew up with and had parents who also naturally acquired this concise way of speaking. It’s the hoity toity accent that infers “good breeding” and old money and not a lot of people in that area speak with this accent.

Dorit sounds like someone who was raised in Woodbridge, who is pretending she was raised in Greenwich. When shes not thinking too hard about what shes sounding like, she sounds like a regular person from Woodbridge. There are families scattered here and there in Connecticut who have this accent, but having parents from Israel, and Tangier, and growing up in Woodbridge, I highly doubt Dorit was raised with the Greenwich Ct. accent influencing her speech development. Her Greenwich “accent” is practiced and not smooth, though you can tell shes practices a LOT! 

• Useful 11
  • Love 4

Just bc denise didn’t subject herself to the abuse she would have received from the axis of evil at the party doesn’t mean shes a bad friend erika. Who would want to party with you anyway?

Just bc denise didn’t subject herself to the abuse she would have received from the axis of evil at the party doesn’t mean shes a bad friend erika. Who would want to party with you anyway?

Erika has to turn over her $750000 earings hahaha made my day

• Applause 5
  • Love 12
(edited)
11 minutes ago, SassyCat said:

In reference to Dorits accent... there is a wealthy sector in Connecticut, mainly the southwestern tip that has their own type of accent that differs from the rest of us Connecticutians.  

Oh CT how I miss living there was in Norwich always hung out at Mohegan Sun(when younger we got kicked out for having a food fight)  and worked at the crystal mall ... 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

Erika’s animal dress looked the cheapest and most comfortable.

Diana is not a good enough actress for a villain storyline. She’s just plain annoying.

While I’m sure much of this is manipulated and likely even scripted, Sutton always seems left alone to awkward her way through the gang ups. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
(edited)
15 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I can’t believe Diana gave Garcelle a copy of her book as a present. How thoughtful (little to no thought) 

And also had to make a big old show of making sure Garcelle saw it. A cool person would have just left it there. 

That Birkin cake should have been presented a bit more formally/obviously, I think. Not because I care about a Birkin cake (or bag), but because it looked like it would so easily be touched or knocked over; it was just, like, there in the middle of everything and kind of just looked like a regular old table with a bag on it.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Also, does the boyfriend seem like he is not in to women?

When Diana mentioned she met him on Broadway, I was thinking the same thing.

That's all I'm going to say. 😂

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

In reference to Dorits accent... there is a wealthy sector in Connecticut, mainly the southwestern tip that has their own type of accent that differs from the rest of us Connecticutians.  

I believe it is colloquially known as The Madonna.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11

Is Garcelle trying to make Sharee a friend of or is she hoping Sharee will take Diana's place next season because if so, yes please do so.  

I seem to recall that Sharee was announced to be a friend of when it was announced Diana would be a new housewife.  I so wish Sharee was a full housewife (I loved her last night) and Diana would never darken my screen again.

• Applause 4
  • Love 11
13 hours ago, Jel said:

Go clean your gross pool, Erica

Does Erika live in someone's pool house?   The overhead shot of her leaf filled pool, with a building two feet away cracked me up.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

Does Erika live in someone's pool house?   The overhead shot of her leaf filled pool, with a building two feet away cracked me up.  

I think Erika definitely lives in a pool house. I wondered the same earlier in the season.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

I know Diana has been through some truly horrible things in her life, but for someone who does now have a lot, she comes across incredibly unhappy. A lot of people wish they had three kids, a partner, to be beautiful, extremely rich. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
21 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

That's a good question.  Hub and I had to pause while watching to get a better look at it. And we were wondering if that was the whole back yard? Because it's basically just a pool and some walkway around the pool. And a shoddy shed, erm, "pool house" next to it. Maybe that structure is the garage? We couldn't tell. Mystery remains unsolved!

But no matter what, someone needs to clean that pool.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)

Looks like now that Crystal isn't involved in the drama, Kyle is back to ganging up on Sutton.

Diana isn't a villain so much as a ridiculous brat. What grown-ass woman with adult children makes a sneering pouty face and goes "wah-wah-wah-wah" to someone? Sutton and Garcelle were clearly like "wtf is even happening right now."

Garcelle had been getting on my nerves lately with her Kyle alliance to give Crystal the second season hazing, but she did make me laugh when Erika kept slurring "I TOLD YOU" and said in her TH something like "actually, she never told me that."

Edited by dmeets
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

I wish for Dorit intense night sweats, hot flashes and weight gain! Shut it Dorit, you have no idea what menopause is like. Yet.

I would have thought she would have seen her mother go thru menopause or at least talk about it.  

Weight gain, yes...I would love to see Dorit gain weight and have no idea why, Sutton could send her flowers with a note saying, "Welcome to the club."

Wouldn't it have been classy if Diana had bought Garcelle a Birkin and put Apartment 29 inside of it, that would have been classy.

2 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Funny how the editors put the chyron saying Diana's purse cost $250k, but when she was admonishing Asher for not watching it closely enough, she said it was a $4 mil purse.

I rewatched that scene, she said a quarter of a million dollars.  

That purse made me laugh, she had to point out there were diamonds on that bag, she should have worn it as a necklace.

• Wink 2
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

And can we talk about her [Kyle] mocking and making fun of Sutton being hurt about the plane seating bullshit? and laughing with Diana over it? Such a mean girl bitch move. Once again, Kyle is showing us who she really is.

Maybe, but I thought Sutton  was making it into something bigger than it was too.   Reminded me of last season when Sutton was crying over not being included in the martini joke despite Crystal trying to clue her in by kicking her under the table. Or when she fled the table crying when Kathy, Kyle, and Crystal bought Garcelle a birthday present but she did not.   Eye-rolling behavior. 

Sutton has called other RH names (Teddi - boring for example) yelled directly into their faces, and is always telling people what a good, empathic, well mannered person she is, lol.    Seems like she doesn't have a problem dishing it out but can't really let anything roll off her back. 

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Jel said:

That's a good question.  Hub and I had to pause while watching to get a better look at it. And we were wondering if that was the whole back yard? Because it's basically just a pool and some walkway around the pool. And a shoddy shed, erm, "pool house" next to it. Maybe that structure is the garage? We couldn't tell. Mystery remains unsolved!

But no matter what, someone needs to clean that pool.

I'd take that shoddy shed in a minute, man.

• Like 4
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 1
10 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Diana’s Room 23 book:

As described on her website:

”Sanela Diana Jenkins presents Room 23, a fine art coffee table book that features photography and art direction by Deborah Anderson. This artistic exploration depicts a year in the life of a Beverly Hills penthouse suite featuring 100 celebrities. Proceeds support human rights projects.

The photographs tell a glamorous story of all that takes place behind these closed doors. They are a mélange of playful, provocative and intimate images that reflect the inspired mood of both Diana and Deborah.

Diana conceptualized the creation of Room 23 motivated by the idea to pair her passion for raising awareness for The Sanela Diana Jenkins Human Rights Project at UCLA School of Law with beautiful and entertaining photographs of her friends. Jenkins is committed to working and raising funds dedicated to stopping war crimes, genocide and many other human rights violations that will not cease without action.“

You can scroll through all the book’s photos. Most of them do not depict real life in the suite, they are mostly posed erotica. Personally, I find it weird and disturbing to use erotica in a book made to fundraise and increase awareness about war crimes. It’s also very disturbing to see paedophile and sex trafficker Epstein in a book that’s raising money for human rights. Rinna is in one of them…nude in the bath, of course.

Rinna is in the book, in the bathtub? Interesting timing that she'd suddenly appear to be facetiming Kyle from the bathtub.

Is this more of her famous "hustle"? An effort to jar the old memory banks of anyone who may have seen this book?  PLEASE REMEMBER I WAS IN IT!?

Whatever it is, it's pitiful. 

Jeffrey Epstein is in that book?!  Hmm, what does that say about Diana? I am not sure, but I am sure it's not anything good.

I don't like her.

• Like 3
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I know Diana has been through some truly horrible things in her life, but for someone who does now have a lot, she comes across incredibly unhappy. A lot of people wish they had three kids, a partner, to be beautiful, extremely rich. 

People going through tragedy don't get a license to weaponize it as a way to avoid criticism, which is what Diane seems to be doing. 

If Sutton constantly talked about her father's suicide, I would feel the same way.

Dorit carrying on about the robbery. Kyle carrying on about fucked up family dynamics. Erika carrying on about how she's the only real victim of Tom's theft. Lisa being Lisa. Crystal having "difficulty articulating" the message she's trying to get across.

Enter Diana who's going to hit us over the head with her brother's death and miscarriages because she's apparently the only person in the world who has endured these tragedies.

I wish there were better storylines this season. The cast seems to be phoning it in much of the time, except for Garcelle who's enjoying herself by "stirring the pot," but actually does the best job with it.

12 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

I'd take that shoddy shed in a minute, man.

You're not lying. 😂

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

People going through tragedy don't get a license to weaponize it as a way to avoid criticism, which is what Diane seems to be doing. 

If Sutton constantly talked about her father's suicide, I would feel the same way.

Dorit carrying on about the robbery. Kyle carrying on about fucked up family dynamics. Erika carrying on about how she's the only real victim of Tom's theft. Lisa being Lisa. Crystal having "difficulty articulating" the message she's trying to get across.

Enter Diana who's going to hit us over the head with her brother's death and miscarriages because she's apparently the only person in the world who has endured these tragedies.

I wish there were better storylines this season. The cast seems to be phoning it in much of the time, except for Garcelle who's enjoying herself by "stirring the pot," but actually does the best job with it.

You're not lying. 😂

100%! If everyone who went through tragedy went around being an asshole, oh boy. The world would not be a pretty place. Most of us have our share of problems but try not to make them others' to deal with. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
7 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

100%! If everyone who went through tragedy went around being an asshole, oh boy. The world would not be a pretty place. Most of us have our share of problems but try not to make them others' to deal with. 

And I don't mean to seem like Diana's tragedies aren't a big deal, especially about the way she lost her brother. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I genuinely wanted to like her, but I don't understand what it is she's trying to do on this show. She's just an insufferable nouveau riche asshole who thinks she's too good for the others. 

With her money, she doesn't need any of this exposure.

I like Sutton, but she needs to quit engaging with the ladies who clearly don't like her. She might behave differently off camera, but comes across as awkward and a bit defensive when she's in conflict on camera. She doesn't do herself any favors.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 21
11 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

And I don't mean to seem like Diana's tragedies aren't a big deal, especially about the way she lost her brother. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I genuinely wanted to like her, but I don't understand what it is she's trying to do on this show. She's just an insufferable nouveau riche asshole who thinks she's too good for the others. 

With her money, she doesn't need any of this exposure.

I like Sutton, but she needs to quit engaging with the ladies who clearly don't like her. She might behave differently off camera, but comes across as awkward and a bit defensive when she's in conflict on camera. She doesn't do herself any favors.

I know what you mean about Sutton. Just being shown a second of footage of the Violategate episode, the look on Sutton's face, when Crystal was clearly upset, reminded me that Sutton does not always behave well herself. 

She's awesome compared to the horrible women on the show, so I root for her by default, but on her own? Meh, there are times when I think she's over the line herself.

Really not seeing the shed appeal, but y'all do youx  ;)

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

I'm not a fan of Diana, but I'm also the type of person who tries to find something to like about someone. Lol.

Diana was telling the truth that she and her ex-husband, Roger, had an amicable divorce. I was looking into her background before the season started. Roger was quoted as saying he didn't mind giving Diana half his worth because she earned it.

Usually a divorce case like theirs is an acrimonious one that's fought over in the court system for years over money. 

That this wasn't the case with theirs suggests that Roger likes and respects Diana a great deal. 

The Epstein association is more concerning, of course. I would be curious to know more about this part.

1 minute ago, Surrealist said:
Edited by Surrealist
  • Like 4
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Too bad Erika wasn't around when Diana declared herself as the "new villian"

See, I think Erika brought her to the show expressly for this purpose. Many people sell their souls to be a reality tv "villain", but then can't quite take the heat when audiences start talking about how mean and miserable they are. Many of them discover that its hard to go to your kid's school or volunteer for the HOA or show up at the family reunion after you've made your coworkers cry, talked about their husbands and kids, and basically been as unlikeable as possible for a check. "Let 'em eat cake" Erika is finding that it's not so easy to show up in a courtroom and have anyone sympathize with you,

Diana has enough money that what people think about her may end up not being impactful. 

• Like 2
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Diana is the type who OWNS her tragedies and needs a captive audience when sharing them. 

Reminds me a bit of LeeAnne Locken.

I never liked when Brandi was cruel to people and would pull the "I'm just a single mom" card, but I do kind of get why someone like her would be the villain. She really could use the money. As we all know, Diana does not. Why go on this show and be the jerk? I understand wanting to be famous for being likable. For example, a lot of people love LVP, and she loved being the fan favorite. I can't imagine it would feel great to be disliked or hated. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12
12 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Dorit being dismissive of Sutton’s testosterone replacement therapy: one day peri-menopause will hit you too Dorit so knock it off.

I imagine had it been Rinna or Kyle with a similar issue the talking head response by Dorit would have been totally different.

5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Erika doing the photo shoot for her clip ins saying how easy those are to put in yet she has a professional hair person doing it for her, would we get the same results?

If she brought her squad along to WWHL, would you event want the same results?  See below..

• Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I never liked when Brandi was cruel to people and would pull the "I'm just a single mom" card, but I do kind of get why someone like her would be the villain. She really could use the money. As we all know, Diana does not. Why go on this show and be the jerk? I understand wanting to be famous for being likable. For example, a lot of people love LVP, and she loved being the fan favorite. I can't imagine it would feel great to be disliked or hated. 

Exactly.  She is coming across poorly to those of us who've never heard of her before.  So now I know who she is, and I've formed an opinion of her based on what I see (real or not).  Good job.

Must be the "bad publicity is better than no publicity at all" thing.  Or, maybe she wants to be an actress.

Sassy Red Wine GIF by Married At First Sight

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • Love 4
57 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I remember reading that Brandi was upfront about acting the asshole because she needed the money. For "the boys," IIRC.

• Love 4

Raise your hand if youre Team "I heard Diana say $4mm when she was at the bar and the purse was behind her and she snagged it and said $4mm and its just lying here, and her husband said "should I take it to the car" and she said 'No'"  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Lol her ps. Crystal is not a liar … she wasn’t even there what the hell does she know? 

Right now, Diana's got the "I do more for Black people than they do for themselves" vibe happening. 

Crystal needs to take away her phone.

19 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I thought Diana said that she met him at a VIctoria's Secret party? Not that it matters, just wondering if she has different stories about where they met? 

Eh, I'll take her ex's comment with a grain of salt.  He was married to his first wife for 19 years, and married Diana the same year he divorced her. I wonder how much he paid the 1st wife? In any case Diana and Roger finalized their divorced after 11 years of marriage, but actually split after 9 years. Diana herself said she wanted to divorce because she didn't want to be tied down. But also that she was single for about 5 minutes before meeting Asher who she has been with ever since. 

So why did an amicable divorce take two years? It appears she must have been with Asher while divorcing for those two years. And why would hubby be happy to give up half of his fortune, after a short 9 year marriage?

It seems like he has had some shady business dealings (not surprising given how much wealth he had, to give a second wife, only 12 years after divorcing the first wife). My guess is that either he had more money and was able to hide it, or Diana has things on him so he had to play nice. Just speculation of course, but since I find Diana shady AF, chances are her ex could be too. 

I didn't delve deeply enough. 😂

Thanks for the additional info. 👀

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 7
22 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I thought Diana said that she met him at a VIctoria's Secret party? Not that it matters, just wondering if she has different stories about where they met? 

I vaguely remember the VS part, but I swear Diana mentioned he was acting on Broadway, or something to that effect.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Interesting that Diana said "Do you need a new villain?" What did she mean? Was she referring to Erika being the previous villain? It seems like Diana is getting coached off camera by the other ladies. Her reactions are oversized compared to what we've seen. I was surprised she went so hot for Garcelle.

My theory—Rinna was in Diana’s book, right? And they’re friends or at least acquaintances.  Rinna and Erika are BFFs (and Erika hates Sutton), so my theory is that she is being used by them to take her down this season.  Diana is proving herself to be a giant asshole, but nothing Sutton has done has warranted her behavior towards her. 

I hated Ramona and Vicki but at least they were somewhat entertaining to watch in a train wreck kind of way.  There is nothing interesting, entertaining or amusing about Diana.  I hope she gets torn to shreds at the reunion. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
19 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I like how the only thing everyone has found tragic about the group text Diana sent to everyone is that she spelled Garcelle’s name wrong, no one cares about the uterus. 

I for one, don't care about her uterus.  

19 hours ago, Chicklet said:

What is Kyle almost wearing?

Something tragic

• LOL 17
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

100%! Why do women have to partake in erotica to bring awareness to anything other than their bodies?  Why not show a woman on a tractor taking care of a working farm or a woman studying for the bar exam or a teacher in an under served school classroom...not all of us partake in penthouses with a glam squad and I am pretty sure the women who are victims of war crimes don't need a half naked Rinna to help their cause, Diana could have just made a foundation and put money in it without doing a book...vanity project was all it was.

Why is Diana coming in so hot?  You know it was extra of her to go against a medical advice to get dressed (OMG, that fur vest was bad but two of those fur vests...so bad.  Boyfriend looked nuts and not in a good way, did she think they were the new and improved Sonny and Cher?), and come hard for Sutton, if she does not think Sutton is worth her time why did she come for her?  Thoughts about Diana gifting the book to Garcelle...I am not sure about how I feel.

I do not understand Diana's mindset at all.  She is pretty, has lots of money, hangs out with the glitterati, feels that she is too good to be friends with the HW's, what is in it for her to be on the show?  She is such a C. You. Next. Tuesday.  Her purse had diamonds on it and it costs $250,000 retail and was worried about taking her eyes off of it at that party?  Really? 

Kyle was so damned annoying in this episode, I did not understand her fashion choice at Garcelle's party at all. She was channeling Rinna with all the leg spreading, nobody wants to see that!  

Dorit's mother seems normal, I feel like Sutton was trying to say something like "I know where Dorit gets her good looks," but had to stop herself because we all know Dorit has had a lot of work done.  Yes Dorit, menopause will come knocking on your door too and when it does it will not be nice to you...the pellet thing is a real thing, they do it for all sorts of vitamins deficiencies and imbalances...maybe Dorit should get one for her boringness.

Erika, shut up about Denise, you saw what happened in Rome, how un empathetic you are, have another drink dear.

Is Garcelle trying to make Sharee a friend of or is she hoping Sharee will take Diana's place next season because if so, yes please do so.  

It boggles my mind that Diana went to Mexico, let alone the party, IF she was as bad off as her text implied. She made it sound as if her bleeding was practically uncontrolled. She did a poor job, IMO, of trying to score sympathy points. Pro tip, Diana — when attempting to do so, spell people’s names correctly. It will help.

Diana has picked up on the fact that Sutton is easily rattled and gets defensive. She’s one more bully in this group. 

I wholeheartedly second bringing Sheree on. Garcelle’s and Sheree’s early scene was fun to watch, and a truly nice break from the mean girls. (I think Sheree can hold her own, too.)

Erika was drunk out of her mind and babbling. 

• Like 3
  • Love 13
18 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

She said during the Malibu fires, those were the things she threw in the back of her car to save when the fires were minutes away from her home. She’s materialistic. 

Makes me think she was not adequately insured.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Surrealist said:

Might have been Sutton's way of taking a dig at the Room 23 book and the rumors surrounding what it's really about. 

You know, the rumors Diana is trying to avoid answering.

Like the song says: "For a good time, call . . ." the people featured in the book?

I am really getting a kick out of Sutton's shady side.  Like telling Diana, the bed rest did her good.  😁

I actually wondered if the 867 5309 shade was a direct dig at Madame Diana herself.   I sincerely hope so.  Something is clearly not clean in her buttermilk.  Well, to me anyway.

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8