Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E08: It Takes a Villain

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 6/30/2022 at 8:23 AM, funnygirl said:

Kyle's a one-trick pony with her splits. 

Oh no, she isn't. Don't you remember her other party trick, flailing her long pony tail in a circle? The woman is talented!

Edit: RealHousewife beat me to it, and with three offending gifs of said trick, too! 👏😄

Edited by Glama
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1
On 6/30/2022 at 1:12 PM, Hiyo said:

Bacon Eating Vegetarian is my new band name.

It's going to look awesome on a tee shirt! 

On the back you could have ,"You need a new Whillian? Here I am."

Maybe you can do a collab with Erika Jayne and call it "I Aaaammm Lit!"

• Wink 1
  • LOL 16
  • Love 1

I think we have to separate out the talking heads mocking of Diana from the in-the-moment at the party treatment of her. I do think they were a bit too dismissive of her at the party - just for appearances sake they could have offered genuine sympathy for her loss and moved on, keeping to themselves their amusement at her text msg. You know, because they're on national television and should want to cover their bases. I'm not invested enough to dissect the timeline, but it sounds like the math didn't remotely work out from the time she was claiming she spent on bed rest/in hospital/having four surgeries and when they were hanging out with her themselves with no mention of any of the above except that she had miscarried at some previous point. 

As for the talking heads, they're shot afterwards which generally means you can suss out who became a complete monster bitch and will get no mercy even from people who at the moment depicted in the show are still on their side. 

• Love 7
On 7/1/2022 at 4:28 AM, FlyingEgret said:

Well, Diana did just pull herself out of prescribed bedrest - she can rally for a birthday party, but having someone wash and style her hair would have been just too much. Or maybe all that Campari was leaking out her scalp too...

She was probably trying to look like she just came directly from her supposed 'bedrest'. and seriously..... do any of these women wear their own hair?

• Wink 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
19 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Diana seems to take great offense at Sutton eating bacon--and Sutton *never* said she was a vegetarian.  She said "I haven't been eating a lot of meat."  What part of that doesn't Diana understand?

I also am not understanding how she glommed onto that interpretation. 

I also think that many people equate "meat" with beef or pork and therefore eat chicken and/or fish but will say they don't eat meat or don't eat much meat. It isn't a rigid stance they are taking but more based on the guidelines that say a healthy diet doesn't include huge amounts of red meat every night.

I don't eat much "meat" either and can go for weeks without having beef. If I were in a situation where there was a bacon buffet I would definitely indulge. Probably because cooking bacon is so messy - especially for one person that it would be a rare delicacy for me.

Edited by amarante
  • Love 11
47 minutes ago, amarante said:

Probably because cooking bacon is so messy - especially for one person that it would be a rare delicacy for me.

Off topic, but I get the real bacon bits (in the salad dressing section of the grocery) and shake a thin layer inside a folded pad of paper towels, then microwave for a handful of seconds - or more depending on how "crisp" I want them. All of the bacon yummy without the mess!

• Like 2
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, kassa said:

I think we have to separate out the talking heads mocking of Diana from the in-the-moment at the party treatment of her. I do think they were a bit too dismissive of her at the party - just for appearances sake they could have offered genuine sympathy for her loss and moved on, keeping to themselves their amusement at her text msg. You know, because they're on national television and should want to cover their bases. I'm not invested enough to dissect the timeline, but it sounds like the math didn't remotely work out from the time she was claiming she spent on bed rest/in hospital/having four surgeries and when they were hanging out with her themselves with no mention of any of the above except that she had miscarried at some previous point. 

As for the talking heads, they're shot afterwards which generally means you can suss out who became a complete monster bitch and will get no mercy even from people who at the moment depicted in the show are still on their side. 

While is agree in theory of their treatment Diana, her text of what was going on with her sounded incredibly, incredibly serious - like she should be on bed rest for at least a week. However she comes of a party like she had a splinter. That might be where some of them dismissed he said medical condition (they could have also been just incredibly self centered)

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Off topic, but I get the real bacon bits (in the salad dressing section of the grocery) and shake a thin layer inside a folded pad of paper towels, then microwave for a handful of seconds - or more depending on how "crisp" I want them. All of the bacon yummy without the mess!

Even more self indulgent my friend turned me onto bacon that is enclosed four slices to a plastic package. You put the plastic package sealed in the microwave and nuke for about 2 1/2 minutes or so and have fresh bacon slices with no mess and just the right amount of bacon odor. 

Perfectly satisfies the bacon lust especially since the larger package can be frozen.

Unfortunately it is not often in stock as I guess there are supply chain issues :-(

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 7/2/2022 at 1:38 PM, endure said:

She was probably trying to look like she just came directly from her supposed 'bedrest'. and seriously..... do any of these women wear their own hair?

That is so funny you asked about their own hair, I always wonder about their eye lashes too, like the bar has been raised so high nobody can just be natural anymore.  There seems to be a movement of young women wearing outlandishly long, thick fake eyelashes just to do the laundry, it is silly and my eye doctor said he sees a lot more women with eye infections from the extensions and such...not worth it.  

Diana and her going against medical advice (after which, therefore, herein, furthermore will be referred as AMA), makes her look like a little bit of a liar and she just shot herself in the foot, these women can smell blood in the water and will devour anyone they think is a liar.  My cousin had a misscarriage so horrible that she thought she was dying, it went on for days and had to be hospitalized (she had a couple, oy), it is a scary thing and sad too, Diana is not getting any sympathy so her plan back fired so now she is just grasping at straws to fight with Sutton.  

Edited by Baltimore Betty
There, Their
  • Applause 1
  • Love 12
On 6/29/2022 at 8:03 PM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Anyway, I am not even a Denise fan but how did she screw over Garcelle three times? That was a bizarre claim from Erika.

I HATE when people try to wind up me up by saying things like, "You shouldn't let so and so do that to you. That person screwed you over." I mean, there's certain situations when that's appropriate to tell a friend, but in my experience people don't appreciate that kind of feedback. It just makes them feel worse. Maybe they don't want to be mad at their friend? Friendships can be complicated. It's none of Erika's damn business. It's not like she cares about Garcelle; she's just trying to get her pissed at Denise because she doesn't like her.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 6/29/2022 at 8:59 PM, bencr said:

But I distinctly heard Erika say that, like her grandmother, she has a big heart. This prompted me to try to come up with a single incident where Erika displayed a "big heart." Which I could not.

I don't remember the story about her grandmother perfectly, but didn't Erika say that she wrote her grandma a note that said, "I love you. I'm never coming back." I don't know the details, but that seems a little cold. I know the thought of Erika being cold is shocking...

Edited by queta
  • Like 2
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 4
(edited)
On 6/30/2022 at 12:37 AM, CrinkleCutCat said:

Diane really is a piece of work! Her insults are all over the place, like she’s just throwing random jabs to see what sticks. Her attitude toward Sutton seems so random and out of proportion. I mean, who cares if Sutton calls herself a vegetarian yet eats bacon (for the record I don’t think Sutton actually called herself a vegetarian but I could be wrong), it isn’t evidence of poor character for goodness sake. Laughing at Diane is probably the best defence as she’s trying so hard to be a ‘badass’.

The whole fake vegetarian thing is dumb. It's not like Sutton took a solemn vow or something. Diana is really reaching there.

I think that Sutton should just stop trying with that one.  She is definitely an asshole, soulless, pretentious, self-absorbed, and, in my opinion, vapid and boring as they come. I don't care about her stupid quarter-mil purse.

Edited by queta
  • Love 13
10 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

While is agree in theory of their treatment Diana, her text of what was going on with her sounded incredibly, incredibly serious - like she should be on bed rest for at least a week. However she comes of a party like she had a splinter. That might be where some of them dismissed he said medical condition (they could have also been just incredibly self centered)

I am guessing by the way they all reacted (interesting that Erika did not comment or I missed it) that they all took it as OTT.  Or at best she was "clumsy" with her words

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

That is so funny you asked about their own hair, I always wonder about their eye lashes too, like the bar has been raised so high nobody can just be natural anymore.  Their seems to be a movement of young women wearing outlandishly long, thick fake eyelashes just to do the laundry, it is silly and my eye doctor said he sees a lot more women with eye infections from the extensions and such...not worth it.  

Agree about the bar being set so high these days. I have naturally nice lashes, but I feel like I don’t have lashes at all when so many have the extensions. I’ve thought about getting them too, but between the price, maintenance, and the possibility of infections and natural lass damage, I haven’t given in to the pressure of it yet. I know many people who are more or less naturally a tan color but get spray tans anyway. Girls who already have long, thick shiny hair but want hair extensions. No one feels good enough as they are. I’m not against any of the above, it’s just kind of sad how natural beauty isn’t appreciated as much. 

I’m vegetarian but know people who simply eat mostly plant based. Sounds like that’s Sutton, so if she wants to have bacon now and then, I don’t see the hypocrisy. She’s not running around shaming people for their diets and working for PETA. 

• Love 11

Did Sutton take some blood oath that she would NEVER eat anything with a face again or the world would all come to an end? The way Diana is bringing this up you would think her eating bacon was summing the Devil themselves 

• Applause 4
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Did Sutton take some blood oath that she would NEVER eat anything with a face again or the world would all come to an end? The way Diana is bringing this up you would think her eating bacon was summing the Devil themselves 

She was in NY at Harry Hamlin's premiere.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

WRT to Diana's miscarriage text - Kyle, and likely the other women, seemed to take it as a diss to Garcelle. When Kyle and Mo were talking to Diana and her dress up boy toy, Kyle was mocking the text - not asking Diana about her well-being - and saying WOW that TEXT! As if it really was shocking socially, not medically. Diana fights with Sutton yet attacks Garcelle on SM.  

• Mind Blown 2
  • Wink 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, jinjer said:

WRT to Diana's miscarriage text - Kyle, and likely the other women, seemed to take it as a diss to Garcelle. When Kyle and Mo were talking to Diana and her dress up boy toy, Kyle was mocking the text - not asking Diana about her well-being - and saying WOW that TEXT! As if it really was shocking socially, not medically. Diana fights with Sutton yet attacks Garcelle on SM.  

Thank you for saying this.

Aside from misspelling (intentionally?) Garcelle's name in that text, Diana said Garcelle was rude toward her.

That long-winded text drew attention away from the fact that Garcelle was celebrating her birthday. I don't care what issues someone else has going on, that's a shitty thing to do.

Then Diana and Asher show up wearing matching dead animals, and she dismisses the party as boring. Another unnecessary remark since she could have stayed home like she claimed she was going to.

Then she makes a big deal about Asher leaving her expensive purse unattended on a table at a birthday party for a Black woman who also had friends of color in attendance. Given her racist IG remarks, that moment wasn't lost on me.

Having a miscarriage, or even several, doesn't give you the right to be a racist, bigot, or asshole.

The other women, plus viewers, know Diana dislikes Garcelle (and Sutton). I thought her text was in poor taste. If she had been having a real medical issue, she could have texted to Garcelle (and only her) and said, "Thank you for inviting me, but I won't be able to attend, due to a health issue."

This is an honest and succinct answer.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Agree about the bar being set so high these days. I have naturally nice lashes, but I feel like I don’t have lashes at all when so many have the extensions. I’ve thought about getting them too, but between the price, maintenance, and the possibility of infections and natural lass damage, I haven’t given in to the pressure of it yet. I know many people who are more or less naturally a tan color but get spray tans anyway. Girls who already have long, thick shiny hair but want hair extensions. No one feels good enough as they are. I’m not against any of the above, it’s just kind of sad how natural beauty isn’t appreciated as much.

Yeah, I think "they" (the beauty industry) keep raising the bar so we feel we have to spend tons of money. I buy into it, too. When I was growing up, a lot of women went around with plain toes in the summer. Now I wouldn't leave the house with my plain toes showing! (I do my own toes, but still). And I'm embarrassed by my pale as a sheet skin so I'm constantly using self-tanner, etc.  And remember when men went around with hairy chests and backs? Now they're man-scaped and spending hours at the gym to get a six-pack. It's exhausting and expensive.

• Applause 2
  • Love 3

I think Kyle was more LITTTTTT than Erika at Garcelle’s party. She seemed wasted at the Diana / Sutton sit-down; I wouldn’t be surprised if she doesn’t remember being there for that convo at all. 

Anyone wonder HOW Diana misspelled Garcelle’s name? I vote “Garcel.” I’m surprised they didn’t show the text on screen, if nothing else for dramatic effect to illustrate how long it was, especially since all the ladies received it. Heck I’m surprised Rinna didn’t wrap her car in a screen shot of that text.

Also Asher looked like a little girl with her mom in those ghastly matching coats. 

• LOL 8

Yeah, Sutton said that she had not eaten meat in a long time. In a different conversation, she said that some vegetarians will eat bacon. 
Sutton never said that she was a vegetarian. 
Diana doesn’t seem very bright. She also seems childish.

Her clutch resembles a Kelly more than a Birkin.

Kyle is such a dork. And also, she is not very bright or clever. She looked so delighted with her “witty” self for saying, “I would rather wear a Birkin than eat one.”

• Applause 1
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, queta said:

I don't remember the story about her grandmother perfectly, but didn't Erika say that she wrote her grandma a note that said, "I love you. I'm never coming back." I don't know the details, but that seems a little cold. I know the thought of Erika being cold is shocking...

I don't think it's cold if her grandma had been telling her for years she needed to get out. Considering their relationship, it seems like the kind of thing she'd tell a young, ambitious woman stuck in a small town, especially if she had wanted to herself and never could.

I've been thinking about pre-production business vis a vis the timeline of Diana's supposed multiple surgeries. I don't know if they get formal call sheets but there must be some kind of info sharing to coordinate on camera phone calls, etc. They chat with their producers. They pre-clear dates for their upcoming events/trips with everybody's schedules beforehand (despite the appearance that all of the trip invites are issued on short notice - "Hey, gals, we need to get away, so I thought I'd take us all to fabulous _______ for the weekend!" with three days' notice. ) Plus, of course, they speak and text with each other to different extents, but surely on business matters, and surely on any info on new hires.

If one of them had been hospitalized with so much as a broken foot, how would word not have reached the others? This or that event might have had to be moved.  Someone on the "friend of" waiting list might have gotten word to be ready to step up to film.  It wouldn't have had to be details, either, just "____ is having health issues and we may have to go in a different direction with casting." But it sounds like none of that happened. 

It would not surprise me if they knew it didn't happen (at least the way Diana told it) because her participation in preproduction was uninterrupted.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 7/2/2022 at 3:27 PM, amarante said:

I also am not understanding how she glommed onto that interpretation. 

I also think that many people equate "meat" with beef or pork and therefore eat chicken and/or fish but will say they don't eat meat or don't eat much meat. It isn't a rigid stance they are taking but more based on the guidelines that say a healthy diet doesn't include huge amounts of red meat every night.

I don't eat much "meat" either and can go for weeks without having beef. If I were in a situation where there was a bacon buffet I would definitely indulge. Probably because cooking bacon is so messy - especially for one person that it would be a rare delicacy for me.

I have a suggestion as one person who LIKES bacon but hates the mess!  PRE-COOKED BACON!!  I've tried it, all you have to do is warm it up for about 30 seconds in the micro and VOILA!  BACON!  It's awesome and NOT messy at all.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 7/1/2022 at 5:59 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

I watched this scene again. She says, “quarter million,” but does not enunciate at all, and, just in general, her articulation is lazy.

It sounds like “core million.” But with inferior audio and background noise, it sounds a lot like “four million.”

It was me you quote and I concede to you :)

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/30/2022 at 10:56 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

She was there in spirit with Kyle's leg spreading and Erika's leopard print.

You always know Kyle is drunk when she starts up with the splits. 

I can understand why Denise didn’t show. I really like Garcelle. She holds her own with all these harpies. 

I like Sutton too. The rest I can do without. 

From like the most to least:

Garcelle

Sutton

(Big gap)

Dorit

Crystal

Kyle

Lisa

Erika

Diana

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 7
On 7/3/2022 at 5:45 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

That is so funny you asked about their own hair, I always wonder about their eye lashes too, like the bar has been raised so high nobody can just be natural anymore.  There seems to be a movement of young women wearing outlandishly long, thick fake eyelashes just to do the laundry, it is silly and my eye doctor said he sees a lot more women with eye infections from the extensions and such...not worth it.  

It’s Iike we’re watching a bunch of Bratz dolls - who happen to act the age of humans who own and play with Bratz dolls.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 6/30/2022 at 4:21 AM, RoseAllDay said:

Out of curiosity, I checked on Amazon. The book is no longer available, and Amazon doesn’t know “when or if” it will be available again. So she was truthful about that, at least.

If you are still interested, Garcelle has a copy she may be willing to part with! 😂

• LOL 4
On 7/3/2022 at 5:45 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

You can say that, again!  I work with middle schoolers and many of the girls are wearing those long and thick false eyelashes to class.  It seems so crazy to me.  They probably have gorgeous lashes under those things.  I'll just wait, with my skimpy eyelashes and sensitivity for lash glue,  for this trend to pass...

• Love 4
On 7/8/2022 at 3:37 PM, Sweet-tea said:

From like the most to least:

Garcelle

Sutton

(Big gap)

Dorit

Crystal

Kyle

Lisa

Erika

Diana

That's funny you do that! I do it when I can't sleep; rank order reality cast members I like from best to least. Better than counting sheep.

• LOL 5