Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E08: It Takes a Villain

• Start Topic

Crystal unpacks the outcome of the Mexico trip with Rob and Jeff, and Dorit finds comfort in her mother, who is in town for an extended visit. Meanwhile, Erika works on growing a new business venture. A text message sends shock waves through the group, leaving Kyle to wonder who will attend Garcelle’s upcoming birthday party. At the celebration, Sutton comes face to face with Diana and her pointed questions reveal a side of the newcomer no one has seen before.

Airdate: 06/29/2022

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/26/2022 at 12:47 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Has Dorit’s mother been on the show before? What kind of accent does she have?

Yes. IIRC, she and Dorit’s dad visited the Kemsleys a few seasons ago. They seemed like nice people. 

EDIT…I may be confusing them with PKs parents, who came over for his 50th bday party, but I seem to vaguely remember her parents. They seemed to be pretty down-to-earth people, compared to Dorit. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 6/26/2022 at 11:47 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Has Dorit’s mother been on the show before? What kind of accent does she have?

lol Dorit has referred to both her parents as Israeli, but she said her mother was born in Morocco. I'm not sure which country she grew up in.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

lol Dorit has referred to both her parents as Israeli, but she said her mother was born in Morocco. I'm not sure which country she grew up in.

Dorit was born and grew up in the U.S.A. She traveled and lived in Italy for some years after college.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

Dorit was born and grew up in the U.S.A. She traveled and lived in Italy for some years after college.

Correct, she is a "child of the world." Who can forget "You're an American, you were born in Connecticut!" lol

My post was regarding her mother. I don't know which country she grew up in to know whether her accent would be Moroccan or Israeli. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, john Allday said:

Why is no one asking Diana Jenkins the real questions about her past?

Why is she being protected so much?

If you examine what has recently come to light, you can see that she indeed is a "villain."

I'm hoping Garcelle, or Sutton, goes there.

At the very least, Diana was associating with the likes of Jeffrey Epstein.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 11
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
23 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Correct, she is a "child of the world." Who can forget "You're an American, you were born in Connecticut!" lol

My post was regarding her mother. I don't know which country she grew up in to know whether her accent would be Moroccan or Israeli. 

Both her parents, to my ear, had very strong Israeli accents. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Surrealist said:

Garcelle, there is no such thing as a drama-free birthday on this show.

It's almost like she never watched this show. Or participated in a birthday dinner. 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Yeah, and I am sure watching your narcissism on full display really helped your business ventures, Erika.

At least the IRS has something to garnish in Pretty Mess Hair.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

I like how the only thing everyone has found tragic about the group text Diana sent to everyone is that she spelled Garcelle’s name wrong, no one cares about the uterus. 

Not going to lie, I would be the same amount of petty re the misspelling of my name. Like, I wouldn't make a huge big deal of it but I would point it out like Garcelle and Sutton did.

ETA: I would also make sure Diana is okay, though. 

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Wink 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Surrealist said:

We get to look forward to Kyle doing the splits at Garcelle's party.

Given Diana's issue with Garcelle, along with her racist IG shit, I think I have figured out who she is.

One nasty piece of work?

• Like 3
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
(edited)

There it is!! I don’t care what anyone says, I hear Dorit when I hear her mom talk. The sharpness in some places and abrupt ending for some words and deliberate enunciation. It’s a a daughter picking up an accent FROM an accent and not because of actually being fluent in another language and having to learn English. Now it makes perfect sense why Dorit sounds like she’s faking an accent. She’s mimicking an accent that worked it’s way into her development of speech as she was growing up. You can’t convince me otherwise. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Like 3
  • Useful 8
  • Love 13
Just now, Mindthinkr said:

I can’t believe Diana gave Garcelle a copy of her book as a present. How thoughtful (little to no thought) 

But, but.. It was FRAMED with tacky silk flowers. And it's a rare collectible.

If I were Garcelle, I'd sell that sucker on Poshmark.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9