Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E08: It Takes a Villain

• Start Topic

Diana reminds me of some backwoods trailer park Brittnee who hit the power ball lottery. She’s got the same taste and clothing styles, plus the “bitch, imma fight you” attitude, while wearing pappy’s latest roadkill. Can they ship her to OC or something?

Now is Sutton sincere? Nope, but she’s trying to understand the new girl. Just want Diana to be a one season howife. Hag is racist, we don’t need that. 

Erika dances better without Mikey’s “choreography”. Can’t wait to see what’s her next venture. Maybe “pat the puss itching powder”?

Glad to see Dorit ditch the robbed widow interview garb for a giant Chanel necklace. She can swing it at the next people who break into to lay her phone by the gate.

Garcelle is a flawless 55. And she was quite feisty on WWHL.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 19
19 minutes ago, dbell1 said:

Now is Sutton sincere? Nope, but she’s trying to understand the new girl. Just want Diana to be a one season howife. Hag is racist, we don’t need that. 

Sutton may not like Diana or believe everything she says, but I think she is sincere when she says she has empathy.

I thought the dig about Sutton being frail was really cruel. Most of the other women don't go below the belt and insult one another's looks.

• Applause 2
  • Love 21

Did I just hear Erika refer to her grandmother as “that little bitch”. 
She gives try hards a bad name.

Go clean your gross pool, Erica

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 14
(edited)

Dorit's mother was born in Morocco, and most probably like some of the Jewish diaspora moved to the state of Israel after its creation in 1948 to answer a question from the first page.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Erika selling horse hair extensions. Doritos mom has an accent that I can’t place. 

When they were talking about how undetectable they are all I could think of was that photo of the back of Erika's head a few weeks ago the day she appeared on WWHL when her extensions were anything but that.

49 minutes ago, Quilty said:

Sutton’s dress at the party was so cool. Loved it!

It was the most flattering outfit I have seen her in to date.

1 hour ago, Pattycake2 said:

Diana is so rich she believes she can be as big of an asshole she wants with no consequences.

Additionally, she behave like countless stereotypical Eastern European bitchy ego-driven characters on countless shows and movies, usually comedies.

I can't help think that she signs on for this show for some particular reason.  She apparently has plenty of money and already hangs out with the rich and famous (and infamous).  Supposedly a full life.  No business or product to pimp.  So again, why sign on  to be a housewife? 

2 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

say what you want about Kyle but I’m impressed a woman her age can do the splits.

Definitely impressive.  Not so impressive?  That outfit she was wearing.  

36 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Garcelle on WWHL. Called Diana crazy and uneducated. Called Crystal a liar for saying Sutton said something darker. And is glad Erika had to surrender her earrings. I love her, she does not suffer fools. 

There was nothing sly about her delivery either like so many other housewives when they appear on WWHL.  She just called it like she sees it and I appreciated that.  

• Applause 2
  • Love 22
(edited)
2 hours ago, SassyCat said:

Diana and her freudian slip when Garcelle and Kyle joined her and Suttons conversation, after Diana had been a real childish jerk during the whole ‘conversation’ with Sutton... she said “I’m going to Butthead her”. Hahahaha! Thats exactly what she is, a Butt head to Sutton all the time! She has a butthead personality, as far as I can tell. 

That lizard skin Dorit was wearing looked awful on her bony body. It was way too tight and clung way too tightly to her crotch area, and looked unattractive because of that aspect.

And the gloves were ridiculously stupid.

2 hours ago, ancslove said:

It is funny to me, though, that Sutton was upset about being called boring.  Considering one of the first things she said on this show is that she originally thought Teddi was boring!  Sutton was also wrong to initiate this conversation at Garcelle’s party.  Pick another time and place!

Also - her demanding that Diana explain herself immediately!  Sutton is just so bad at the RH game 😄

1 hour ago, Slakkie said:

I truly feel Diana came to the show AND sent the text specifically to fight with Garcelle and Sutton and it seems Kyle was put in charge of keeping Sutton in the scene so Diana could attack her over and over.  

It definitely seemed like Kyle was sent there to do a job.  It also seemed like she was too "lit", as Erika would say, to do it! 😂

Edited by princelina
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

Dorit being dismissive of Sutton’s testosterone replacement therapy: one day peri-menopause will hit you too Dorit so knock it off.

The English Norfolk: it’s not quite pronounced ‘folk’ with the ‘oh’ sounding O, nor ‘fuck’ with the hard U. The O is kind of skipped past quickly. Like the second T in Toronto isn’t articulated clearly.

Diane really is a piece of work! Her insults are all over the place, like she’s just throwing random jabs to see what sticks. Her attitude toward Sutton seems so random and out of proportion. I mean, who cares if Sutton calls herself a vegetarian yet eats bacon (for the record I don’t think Sutton actually called herself a vegetarian but I could be wrong), it isn’t evidence of poor character for goodness sake. Laughing at Diane is probably the best defence as she’s trying so hard to be a ‘badass’.

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
5 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

There it is!! I don’t care what anyone says, I hear Dorit when I hear her mom talk. The sharpness in some places and abrupt ending for some words and deliberate enunciation. It’s a a daughter picking up an accent FROM an accent and not because of actually being fluent in another language and having to learn English. Now it makes perfect sense why Dorit sounds like she’s faking an accent. She’s mimicking an accent that worked it’s way into her development of speech as she was growing up. You can’t convince me otherwise. 

I present Dorit speaking in 2013:

There is a hint of an accent in some of her pronunciations but nothing like the accent she has now and has had her entire time on the show. And, yes, she and PK had been dating for a couple years at the time of the video.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

Diana’s Room 23 book:

As described on her website:

”Sanela Diana Jenkins presents Room 23, a fine art coffee table book that features photography and art direction by Deborah Anderson. This artistic exploration depicts a year in the life of a Beverly Hills penthouse suite featuring 100 celebrities. Proceeds support human rights projects.

The photographs tell a glamorous story of all that takes place behind these closed doors. They are a mélange of playful, provocative and intimate images that reflect the inspired mood of both Diana and Deborah.

Diana conceptualized the creation of Room 23 motivated by the idea to pair her passion for raising awareness for The Sanela Diana Jenkins Human Rights Project at UCLA School of Law with beautiful and entertaining photographs of her friends. Jenkins is committed to working and raising funds dedicated to stopping war crimes, genocide and many other human rights violations that will not cease without action.“

You can scroll through all the book’s photos. Most of them do not depict real life in the suite, they are mostly posed erotica. Personally, I find it weird and disturbing to use erotica in a book made to fundraise and increase awareness about war crimes. It’s also very disturbing to see paedophile and sex trafficker Epstein in a book that’s raising money for human rights. Rinna is in one of them…nude in the bath, of course.

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 11
  • Love 12

Sutton told Diana she had her number  - 867 5309 - which drove me deep within my memory bank, and it was the name of an old Tommy Tutone song (867 5309/Jenny) about some dude fantasizing about "Jenny" whose number he got off the wall, for a good time (for a good time) call...

That Sutton says the darndest things and sometimes I just wonder why. 

And now, I will have that song in my head for a very long time.  It's one of those kind.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 5
37 minutes ago, Shannah Banana said:

Sutton told Diana she had her number  - 867 5309 - which drove me deep within my memory bank, and it was the name of an old Tommy Tutone song (867 5309/Jenny) about some dude fantasizing about "Jenny" whose number he got off the wall, for a good time (for a good time) call...

That Sutton says the darndest things and sometimes I just wonder why. 

And now, I will have that song in my head for a very long time.  It's one of those kind.

Might have been Sutton's way of taking a dig at the Room 23 book and the rumors surrounding what it's really about. 

You know, the rumors Diana is trying to avoid answering.

Like the song says: "For a good time, call . . ." the people featured in the book?

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
35 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

Might have been Sutton's way of taking a dig at the Room 23 book and the rumors surrounding what it's really about. 

You know, the rumors Diana is trying to avoid answering.

Like the song says: "For a good time, call . . ." the people featured in the book?

I’d call Clooney for sure… he’s in the book 😘

• Wink 5
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Um, Crystal had absolutely nothing to do with that exchange. The notion that she's to blame for Diana's behavior is... something. 

Anyway, I am not even a Denise fan but how did she screw over Garcelle three times? That was a bizarre claim from Erika.

Sorry I wasn’t more clear. Diana poking and goading Sutton, knowing how Sutton would react, was exactly how Crystal has treated Sutton, despite this so-called “detente” Crystal and Sutton now have. I’m sure Diana is well aware of the spats those two have had, and sees how it’s easy to get Sutton riled up. That’s why I wish Sutton just would not engage — she can’t keep her cool, which is exactly the desired response.

• Like 5
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Diana’s Room 23 book:

As described on her website:

”Sanela Diana Jenkins presents Room 23, a fine art coffee table book that features photography and art direction by Deborah Anderson. This artistic exploration depicts a year in the life of a Beverly Hills penthouse suite featuring 100 celebrities. Proceeds support human rights projects.

The photographs tell a glamorous story of all that takes place behind these closed doors. They are a mélange of playful, provocative and intimate images that reflect the inspired mood of both Diana and Deborah.

Diana conceptualized the creation of Room 23 motivated by the idea to pair her passion for raising awareness for The Sanela Diana Jenkins Human Rights Project at UCLA School of Law with beautiful and entertaining photographs of her friends. Jenkins is committed to working and raising funds dedicated to stopping war crimes, genocide and many other human rights violations that will not cease without action.“

You can scroll through all the book’s photos. Most of them do not depict real life in the suite, they are mostly posed erotica. Personally, I find it weird and disturbing to use erotica in a book made to fundraise and increase awareness about war crimes. It’s also very disturbing to see paedophile and sex trafficker Epstein in a book that’s raising money for human rights. Rinna is in one of them…nude in the bath, of course.

Out of curiosity, I checked on Amazon. The book is no longer available, and Amazon doesn’t know “when or if” it will be available again. So she was truthful about that, at least.

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Don’t go after Garcelle, you’ll be back on ‘bed rest’ Diana. 
Where’s Denise? 

I’m sure Denise wanted to be there for Garcelle. But I think the closer it gets to these events where she’ll be with the shrews who made her life hell a few seasons ago, she reconsiders. I would. She went through some pretty hurtful stuff. Just look at how Erika jumped her shit last night, for no good reason. Can anybody tell me what, exactly, Denise did to Garcelle three times? I only remember Denise not answering her phone when Garcelle and Mike stopped to pick her up for a party.

Yes, Garcelle is probably disappointed, but I know she understands. She was a good friend by offering the invite.

About Diana…it was a huge mistake adding her to the show. There are “entertaining” villains (Brandi, maybe?) and vile villains. Her nastiness puts her in a “class” by herself. Please, Andy, read the room and put this bitch “on pause” (as Dorinda Medley calls her sacking) after this season. PLEASE.

• Love 20
11 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

And….Erika’s getting lit. Again.

You go, Sutton! 

I saw a scene Where Ericka was a the bar and she had 3 spicy Margaritas lined up, are those all for her?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Emmeline said:

So Diana experienced fetal demise and I’m sure that is a terrible thing.  She was diagnosed with this during a doctors visit for an ultrasound. So why in the world does she then say the baby fell out of her and she was bleeding all over.  Considering it is dangerous for a woman to carry a dead baby for any length of time, why didn’t they do a D&E or induced labor?  Didn’t Diana also say during that initial conversation about the loss of the baby that she could start trying to have a baby again?  I hardly think that would be the case if she had continued bleeding and had 4 surgeries.  Doesn’t add up.

If she wants another baby so bad why does'nt she have a surrogate or if not that adopt one.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Yes, Rob is right, I used to live in Norfolk, Virginia and that’s exactly how the locals pronounced Norfolk. 

I remember the cheer from one of the schools there...

"We don't drink, We don't fuck, Norfolk, Norfolk"...or something like that, it makes me giggle.

So Crystal's brother is such the international rock star, (I am using that term loosely), and is so successful he has to squat at their house?  And who leaves a blow dryer running, like finish drying your hair and just put it down and walk away while it is still on?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Right, I know the post you responded to because it was my post. But I suppose it is a potato, potahto situation since we both think they are tacky.

Do you know how many nylons had to die for those vests!!!

One of the real offenders was the Clint Eastwood hat (Think The Good, The Bad, The Ugly) the boyfriend was wearing.  Also, does the boyfriend seem like he is not in to women?

Erika doing the photo shoot for her clip ins saying how easy those are to put in yet she has a professional hair person doing it for her, would we get the same results?  Mikey saying that this is the first photo shoot they have had in over two years, did he think we would have thought it was due to covid because that would be wrong, it was because Erika had/has no money to pay the people involved for a photo shoot.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, RoseAllDay said:

Sorry I wasn’t more clear. Diana poking and goading Sutton, knowing how Sutton would react, was exactly how Crystal has treated Sutton, despite this so-called “detente” Crystal and Sutton now have. I’m sure Diana is well aware of the spats those two have had, and sees how it’s easy to get Sutton riled up. That’s why I wish Sutton just would not engage — she can’t keep her cool, which is exactly the desired response.

I am sorry, this just seems like an example of Crystal Derangement Syndrome whereby she is blamed for every cross word that Sutton ever experiences. Not even Sutton or Garcelle claim that.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
43 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

I’m sure Denise wanted to be there for Garcelle. But I think the closer it gets to these events where she’ll be with the shrews who made her life hell a few seasons ago, she reconsiders. I would. She went through some pretty hurtful stuff. Just look at how Erika jumped her shit last night, for no good reason. Can anybody tell me what, exactly, Denise did to Garcelle three times? I only remember Denise not answering her phone when Garcelle and Mike stopped to pick her up for a party.

Yes, Garcelle is probably disappointed, but I know she understands. She was a good friend by offering the invite.

About Diana…it was a huge mistake adding her to the show. There are “entertaining” villains (Brandi, maybe?) and vile villains. Her nastiness puts her in a “class” by herself. Please, Andy, read the room and put this bitch “on pause” (as Dorinda Medley calls her sacking) after this season. PLEASE.

It seems pretty clear that Garcelle didn't understand, based on her comments. She seemed genuinely a little hurt that Denise failed to show up.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Emmeline said:

So Diana experienced fetal demise and I’m sure that is a terrible thing.  She was diagnosed with this during a doctors visit for an ultrasound. So why in the world does she then say the baby fell out of her and she was bleeding all over.  Considering it is dangerous for a woman to carry a dead baby for any length of time, why didn’t they do a D&E or induced labor?  Didn’t Diana also say during that initial conversation about the loss of the baby that she could start trying to have a baby again?  I hardly think that would be the case if she had continued bleeding and had 4 surgeries.  Doesn’t add up.

I have issues with this story as well, from sad personal experience. It absolutely does not add up. 

By saying “the baby fell out of her,” what she is describing is grossly known as an “incompetent cervix.” The cervix cannot support the weight of the growing baby/fetus. It obviously can’t be diagnosed by ultrasound — you don’t know you have it until it happens, and often it causes severe, sometimes life-threatening bleeding.

Yes, they would have (should have) done a D&C or induced labor if the baby/fetus died in utero, of fear of sepsis, no matter what, and I think it would be medically inadvisable to attempt another pregnancy, especially considering her age. She would be considered high risk. I was, and it’s no damn fun.

If she truly went through all that, and was still able to fly off to Mexico and come back loaded for bear at a birthday party…just wow. Nope. Not buying it.

• Like 4
  • Hugs 3
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 11
41 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I am sorry, this just seems like an example of Crystal Derangement Syndrome whereby she is blamed for every cross word that Sutton ever experiences. Not even Sutton or Garcelle claim that.

YMMV. Diana’s trying to fit in by seeing what’s working for others, to me. 

39 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

It seems pretty clear that Garcelle didn't understand, based on her comments. She seemed genuinely a little hurt that Denise failed to show up.

I’m sure she was, but I’m also sure she understands why. Denise is one of those types, apparently, who just goes to ground and tries to disappear to avoid conflict. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

And who leaves a blow dryer running, like finish drying your hair and just put it down and walk away while it is still on?

I thought he was actually blow drying his hair while Crystal was giving her confessional.  

The cutest thing was little Munkoff's reaction to his dad's pronunciation of Norfolk.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

100%! Why do women have to partake in erotica to bring awareness to anything other than their bodies?  Why not show a woman on a tractor taking care of a working farm or a woman studying for the bar exam or a teacher in an under served school classroom...not all of us partake in penthouses with a glam squad and I am pretty sure the women who are victims of war crimes don't need a half naked Rinna to help their cause, Diana could have just made a foundation and put money in it without doing a book...vanity project was all it was.

Why is Diana coming in so hot?  You know it was extra of her to go against a medical advice to get dressed (OMG, that fur vest was bad but two of those fur vests...so bad.  Boyfriend looked nuts and not in a good way, did she think they were the new and improved Sonny and Cher?), and come hard for Sutton, if she does not think Sutton is worth her time why did she come for her?  Thoughts about Diana gifting the book to Garcelle...I am not sure about how I feel.

I do not understand Diana's mindset at all.  She is pretty, has lots of money, hangs out with the glitterati, feels that she is too good to be friends with the HW's, what is in it for her to be on the show?  She is such a C. You. Next. Tuesday.  Her purse had diamonds on it and it costs $250,000 retail and was worried about taking her eyes off of it at that party?  Really? 

Kyle was so damned annoying in this episode, I did not understand her fashion choice at Garcelle's party at all. She was channeling Rinna with all the leg spreading, nobody wants to see that!  

Dorit's mother seems normal, I feel like Sutton was trying to say something like "I know where Dorit gets her good looks," but had to stop herself because we all know Dorit has had a lot of work done.  Yes Dorit, menopause will come knocking on your door too and when it does it will not be nice to you...the pellet thing is a real thing, they do it for all sorts of vitamins deficiencies and imbalances...maybe Dorit should get one for her boringness.

Erika, shut up about Denise, you saw what happened in Rome, how un empathetic you are, have another drink dear.

Is Garcelle trying to make Sharee a friend of or is she hoping Sharee will take Diana's place next season because if so, yes please do so.  

I wonder how much money Diana's book raised? Rinna probably bought a bunc...nah she's too cheap and most likely only got the free one for being in the book.

Funny how the editors put the chyron saying Diana's purse cost $250k, but when she was admonishing Asher for not watching it closely enough, she said it was a $4 mil purse.

Why does Kyle always beeline and stick herself into the middle of other people's conflicts?? It's so annoying. And then she pontificates instead of facilitates, so it always goes sideways. I hope she was embarrassed watching herself roll around on the dance floor and the couch. Time and place, Kyle.

Interesting that Diana said "Do you need a new villain?" What did she mean? Was she referring to Erika being the previous villain? It seems like Diana is getting coached off camera by the other ladies. Her reactions are oversized compared to what we've seen. I was surprised she went so hot for Garcelle.

I wish for Dorit intense night sweats, hot flashes and weight gain! Shut it Dorit, you have no idea what menopause is like. Yet.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 17
6 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

I’d call Clooney for sure… he’s in the book 😘

IIRC, Amal Clooney was refashioned as a human rights attorney, despite the fact that she and her team had defended human rights violators.

• Mind Blown 4
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4

This episode was a snooze fest.

I wanted the party to be more dynamic for Garcelle's sake because I like Garcelle.  But it was dull.

My eyes glaze over with boredom whenever the camera focuses on Diana.  At least when Erika was the designated villainess, I stayed interested.  

• Wink 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, RoseAllDay said:

I’m sure she was, but I’m also sure she understands why. Denise is one of those types, apparently, who just goes to ground and tries to disappear to avoid conflict. 

You keep saying that you're "sure" Garcelle understands but that seems more about your feelings re Denise. In fact, we were expressly shown that Garcelle DIDN'T understand. I mean, I am not sure how to interpret Garcelle's bringing up the fact that Denise wasn't there as anything other than her not understanding. She could have said, "I’m disappointed but I understand" but she didn't. Instead she made a point if pointing out that Denise wasn't there and then indicated she was kind of done defending her.

While I am not much of a Denise fan, I personally do understand why Denise failed to show up. I wouldn't go back into that environment either, if I were her. But it appears that Garcelle doesn't understand why Denise wouldn't put that stuff aside to celebrate Garcelle's birthday. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I'm confused how this disproves the idea that Diana is nouveau riche tacky? Those all seem exactly the things that tacky nouveau riche people have.

I think Luanne from RHONY was right when she said "Money can't buy you class"  Diana proves it!

• Applause 1
  • Love 6