Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Backwards and Forwards

• Start Topic

Well, there was a lot going on there! Those who suspected Dot were, of course, completely right. And those who suspected Jenny were also right! Because of course there was more than one thing going on, so that Cassie's life was threatened twice - no, make that three times - in one day.

I think the episode just about managed to tie everything up, in the end. The only loose end that wasn't re-visited was Marco, so I guess their blowup over Cassie's fling really was the end of that relationship - unsurprisingly, perhaps, but when we saw that she'd had the photo he took of her re-framed, I did wonder (and wouldn't have said no to seeing Santiago Cabrera's pretty face again, I wish this had been a bigger role for him).

Everyone got a happy ending! Even Megan, who absolutely did not deserve it, but I suppose it's nice for her husband and son that they were able to forgive her and have been reunited as a family, in witness protection. Well done, Shane, glad to see that he recovered okay - and I'm sure bringing in Megan and all her evidence made for a nice little career boost. Annie and Max had their wedding. Davey and Rick reunited as a family. And Cassie finally managed to reconcile with all the ways in which she is damaged, reaffirm her desire to recover, and made some positive steps forward.

All the happy endings felt very final, so I'm guessing the show will end here?

• Like 1
  • Love 9

Well didn't they tidy everything up.

Cassie supposedly had growth this season, that she's messy and now she's also a thrill addict.

She's all the personalities in that Mind Palace.

In two seasons she's been in several life or death situations.  I don't think she even worked a flight this season, you know the regular job she's suppose to have?

Happy ending for Megan, now in witness protection in a swanky big suburban home.  Does that mean she's out of the show now?

It seems like they got a bigger budget and had to produce 8 1-hour episodes so they sed the money on some exotic locales, mostly in the first few episodes, and then a lot of special effects for the rest of the season.

This show is the anti-Seinfeld, which wanted no hugs, no lessons.  

Someone needs to give them a reality check, they had a very good first season and this second season, they were all over the place.  No more personal growth for Cassie please, she's had enough to last a lifetime in these two seasons.

• Like 1
  • Love 8

This season seems too short and it didn't know what it wanted to be or where to focus.

So are Max and Annie going to have crazy hijinks as detectives if they do a season three? Everything seemed to be wrapped up in a tidy bow so I get the feeling this is the last season.

No info on Dot's motive? At least we know Grace and Jenny's motives.

And the ending with Megan? Not buying it. 

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, Atlanta said:

Everything seemed to be wrapped up in a tidy bow so I get the feeling this is the last season.

Yes it was which I liked and hopefully, there will NOT be another season.  HBO, are you reading this?

• Like 2
  • Love 5
34 minutes ago, Atlanta said:

No info on Dot's motive?

I was like OK but why in the hell was she doing this lol.

I loved this season but I'm fine if there's no season 3. I love a happy ending!

I wouldn't mind a Max/Annie PIs spinoff.

• Love 3
(edited)

Heh.    Loved both the Dot reveal and the Jenny reveal.    Yeah Dot turned out to be the Bond Villain we all thought she was but it was fun to watch.   I think Dot’s motive was simple evil and greed.  She was selling CIA secrets because she could.  Jenny being obsessed with Cassie because of Felix of all people was a fun reveal.   I loved watching Cassie come to terms with all the parts of herself and the final “this is who I am” speech she gave right before Davey attacked Jenny.    Loved that we got to see Annie and Max get married.     This looks like a series finale but I am ok with it if it is.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7

I'm almost ashamed to be asking this because I haven't missed an episode of this show, but who the hell is Felix? Is he the guy from season 1 who used a fake name and dated Cassie and then turned out to be the bad guy? Or someone else entirely? Because I didn't recognize either the name or the face.

I liked the happy ending for everyone, although I don't think Megan deserved one. Sorry, but she belongs in prison.

• Like 2
  • Love 5

I was hoping that Margaret Cho was some sort of spy trying to expose the North Korean spy network in America, that would have explained why she did what she did and I wanted Margaret Cho to show up at the end to save Megan from her horrible life choices when the North Korean spies catch her.

Jenny wasn't nearly crazy/scary enough, I didn't even sense that Cassie was in any danger.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, Lily H said:

I'm almost ashamed to be asking this because I haven't missed an episode of this show, but who the hell is Felix? Is he the guy from season 1 who used a fake name and dated Cassie and then turned out to be the bad guy? Or someone else entirely? Because I didn't recognize either the name or the face.

I liked the happy ending for everyone, although I don't think Megan deserved one. Sorry, but she belongs in prison.

Don't worry! I had to look up who he was and he was Felix who murdered Alex Sokolov who was Cassie's Mind Palace for season 1.

30 minutes ago, Lily H said:

who the hell is Felix? Is he the guy from season 1 who used a fake name and dated Cassie and then turned out to be the bad guy?

Yes. His fake name was Buckley.

31 minutes ago, Lily H said:

Agreed. Her actions weren't an accident, they were intentional, even if she didn't fully understand the consequences. 

• Love 1

Well that sucked. Who has a corrupt CIA agent and a crazy stalker trying to kill them at the same time? Not a politician—a flight attendant.

Also, Annie’s wedding seemed full of random people. There was a guy dressed like he was about to ride a horse.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

That was pretty underwhelming especially the Dot reveal. I hate the movie/TV trope of the "big bad" confessing everything to the protagonist rather than kill them immediately. Dot didn't have a personal vendetta against Cassie, Cassie was just an inconvenience to her. A professional killer like Dot would have disposed of Cassie in the blink of an eye.

The Jenny reveal was poorly acted and unnecessary.

I agree with those who said Meghan's ending was unearned. At the very least, the CIA should have given her and her family a much less cushy new identity so that her husband and son would come to resent her over it. It's much easier to "forgive" if they get to live an upper-middle-class lifestyle on the taxpayer's dime.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, chocolatine said:

That was pretty underwhelming especially the Dot reveal. I hate the movie/TV trope of the "big bad" confessing everything to the protagonist rather than kill them immediately. Dot didn't have a personal vendetta against Cassie, Cassie was just an inconvenience to her. A professional killer like Dot would have disposed of Cassie in the blink of an eye.

I think they tried to explain that with the line about ballistics proving it was self defense if Cassie was shot coming towards Dot. She didn’t have a problem killing Cassie but she also needed to frame Cassie which was significantly more difficult once the truth about Grace was revealed. 

Dot was such an obvious big bad but it was also the only way the plot worked at all. Most of the plots holes can easily be written off by her position and need for Cassie to take the fall. 

1 hour ago, Dani said:

I think they tried to explain that with the line about ballistic proving it was self defense if Cassie was shot coming towards Dot.

But Dot made it harder for herself by telling Cassie that. In a real scenario someone like Dot would have just let Cassie run towards her so they can shoot her faster. Dot would have wanted to kill Cassie ASAP, not explain ballistics to her.

• Love 3
(edited)

I think Kaley wanted this season to show off more of her acting skills by playing all of those Cassies in her mind palace, which is not bad as long as there is a good story to support it and Imho there wasn't any good story.
This was more like if it was created based on the actors' desires. Even Max's who I have no clue why we saw so many times naked, was it in his contract?
For me the whole Mind Palace thing was the weakest link of season 1. 
Imagine my frustration when  it was expanded with multiple Cassies in season 2. 
I fast forwarded every Mind Palace scene for the last 5 episodes or so.
I loved the idea of the international spy stories told  "a la" Hitchcock, but the whole "let's spend more than half of the plot to resolve an alcoholic's traumas" not so much. 

Megan's story was boring and indifferent from the beginning of the series. It is a shame they didn't know what to do with Rosie Perez.
Max and Annie was also a weak story, I am not sure they were established enough so we care about their engagement issues. 
I won't even comment on the stupidity of Jenny's plot.

I would not mind a 3rd season, as long as it is about espionage only. And no more mind palaces please!

Edited by Zaffy
  • Applause 2
  • Love 10

Look this isn’t exactly going to blow anyones socks off.  It is a typical mystery ending.  It’s not really anything new and nothing you haven’t seen 100 times before if you watch murder or detective mysteries but the story was fine and  the acting was brilliant, it had all the right emotional beats and Kaley Cuoco was fantastic.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, chocolatine said:

But Dot made it harder for herself by telling Cassie that. In a real scenario someone like Dot would have just let Cassie run towards her so they can shoot her faster. Dot would have wanted to kill Cassie ASAP, not explain ballistics to her.

Maybe but Cassie wasn’t running towards Dot before either. My main point was that Dot wasn’t waiting to kill Cassie because she was hesitant but because she had another agenda and was trying to manipulate Cassie. Dot had a plan for how to handle Cassie. It was poorly written plan but I still think there was an attempt to explain why Dot didn’t just shoot her. 

8 hours ago, Zaffy said:

I think Kaley wanted this season to show off more of her acting skills by playing all of those Cassies in her mind palace, which is not bad as long as there is a good story to support it and Imho there wasn't any good story.
This was more like if it was created based on the actors' desires.

I upvote this 1,000 times. 

• Love 8

Aw, I liked the wedding. I wasn't expecting that. This is one reason that I prefer to binge-watch.

I'm half-asleep, so it didn't have my full attention. I don't like the villain monologues, either, but I had no idea why she would want to frame Cassie, so I liked knowing a little bit. They could have left it at that: "he was blackmailing me." 

Jenny and Felix. Ugh, he made my skin crawl. 

• Love 2

Nowhere's near as good as the first season.  Caley's acting in all those parts was very good, but that's not what I tune in to this type of a mystery for.

23 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

I think Dot’s motive was simple evil and greed.  She was selling CIA secrets because she could. 

Why did Dot have those two agents killed in the park?  Why did she have the foggy-eyed guy and that other person killed on the boat?

22 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Jenny wasn't nearly crazy/scary enough, I didn't even sense that Cassie was in any danger.

Yeah, that was weird and unconvincing.  And of course, when Cassie escaped the room Jenny was in, she didn't run out of the house to get help...she just ran around the upstairs.

21 hours ago, chocolatine said:

At the very least, the CIA should have given her and her family a much less cushy new identity so that her husband and son would come to resent her over it. It's much easier to "forgive" if they get to live an upper-middle-class lifestyle on the taxpayer's dime.

So what or who was the agent referring to when he said to Megan something to the effect of some high-up person must like you for you to get a house this nice?

20 hours ago, Dani said:

She didn’t have a problem killing Cassie but she also needed to frame Cassie which was significantly more difficult once the truth about Grace was revealed. 

I was confused by something.  When Dot was trying to show Cassie all the stuff about Grace, why did Dot include what looked to be a photo of Grace (in the Cassie wig) talking to Dot?

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

And of course, when Cassie escaped the room Jenny was in, she didn't run out of the house to get help...she just ran around the upstairs.

And there were so many possible weapons available that she could have used for defense - like the toilet tank lid. Jenny only had a hammer, not a gun.

I think Kaley has proved herself as an actress, now she needs some better material.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I agree with all the criticism so far.  I think last season was definitely better.  This season went too far with all the convoluted fake-out clues leading nowhere and 5 Cassies inside her head fighting with her all the time.  Too much already.  There was too much set up leading nowhere and stuff vaguely not feeling quite tied up in the end.  It was very anticlimactic.  This last episode felt padded out somewhat, too.  The tie up was so quick they had time leftover to devote to that weird wedding.  And I too didn't remember Felix was from last season.  I was not wowed by that at all.  It felt like a film student wrote this season trying to imitate excellent thrillers and picking aspects from all of them but not adding them up in any cohesive way.  The Jenny thing was especially clunky.  This is the only show I have really needed to concentrate to keep my place with and for it not to deliver in terms of an ingenious, satisfying ending is a real let down.  I think it wanted to be that show, but failed.

• Love 10
13 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Why did Dot have those two agents killed in the park?  Why did she have the foggy-eyed guy and that other person killed on the boat?

I believe she addressed killing the weird eye by saying he found out about her or knew too much or something.

So what or who was the agent referring to when he said to Megan something to the effect of some high-up person must like you for you to get a house this nice?

I'm assuming Shane since right after the agent said that he handed her the card from Shane.

• Love 1

I agree season 1 was better, but overall I'm ok with season 2.  The whole Jenny plot line was rather stupid, completely unnecessary, and if it were edited out it wouldn't have made a difference.  Same with Megan.  I get that every show these days has to have some sort of "B" plot going through the background, but neither of these added to the show. 

I actually like the multiple Cassie scenes.  I think it really shows how everyone, not just those as messed up as Cassie, have different voices running through their heads.  And KC acted the hell out of those scenes. 

I wouldn't mind a 3rd season, but at this point I'd rather just have it be a show about a quirky flight attendant and her quirky friends.  No murders, no CIA plots, nothing that your average, every day person wouldn't experience.  I like the characters, would love to see more of them.  Especially Cassie and her mom.  I loved how that wrapped up - not too neatly, but on a nice road to reconciliation. 

• Love 7

I think the Mind Palace was too much.

First season, the sequences with Alex were okay but the did it too long.

Then they doubled down.

After the acclaim of the first season, they really wanted to make this a vehicle for Kaley to pull a tour de force.  She's not Robin Williams.

I know she invested her own money into it so it's a big deal for her.  But she should think about doing it like Seinfeld, who didn't hog the scenes, had some more talented comic actors in the cast who carried a lot of the scenes.  Also learn from that show about "no lessons, no hugs."

• Love 6
On 5/27/2022 at 6:19 PM, LuvMyShows said:

On 5/26/2022 at 7:46 PM, AnimeMania said:

Everyone who was killed was connected to the original guy who was killed in the explosion. She was covering her tracks. 

9 hours ago, aghst said:

Also learn from that show about "no lessons, no hugs."

Some people like lessons and hugs. Personally I hated Seinfeld.

9 hours ago, Dani said:

Everyone who was killed was connected to the original guy who was killed in the explosion. She was covering her tracks. 

And why was it that she killed that guy specifically? I wasn't playing that much attention to her villain monologue scene lol.

• LOL 1

Megan gets a happily ever after in witness protection. Ehhhh. Somehow I doubt she's going to stay out of trouble because for sure she'll get bored again. Hopefully her husband won't have more secrets she can sell to an enemy country.

So much for the fan theory that Cassie's mother was dead and Cassie had been hallucinating her.

I think what surprised me most of all is that both Shane and Benjamin actually turned out to be good guys. On a typical TV series at least one of them would turn out to be a villain.

If anyone's taking a vote, I'm against a third season. Watching Cassie continally doing all these insane things as either a dry drunk or an active boozehound was exasperating to me. Annie and Max as PIs might be interesting but IMO the show would need to stop dumbing them down in favor of Cassie's histrionics. And while I liked what Sharon Stone brought to her very limited role, I don't want to see Cassie's mother anymore unless they have her own up to the way she failed both of her children in favor of staying married to an abusive alcoholic. Both Cassie and her brother got scapegoated by their parents when they were too young to have much control over their lives or decisions.

It'll be interesting to see how KC and this show fare with the various entertainment awards programs.

• Love 2

In order to wrap up all the season's unconnected dots, the show gave us Cassie's  Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. 
Dealing with Grace's suicide.
Bringing Megan to Shane to make a deal.
Being kidnapped and threatened by Dot.
Dealing with her brother's partner to discover he was missing.
Working through all of her mental-mindscape personas. 
Dealing with Jenny and an off-screen serial killer's plot to kill her.

They even managed to get Annie and Max married and Cassie had good phone call with her Mom. 

It actually, mostly, worked.  But the episode felt like a series of loose ends being tied up.
Speaking of over-worked, it is difficult to believe the amount of work that bad-CIA official Dot had to do:  matching Cassie's outfits, pre-planning all the locations on the view-master and coordinating the time between Cassie's visit and the murders, etc.  The idea of manipulating troubled assets for her own purposes wasn't so bad, tho. 

This felt like a series wrap-up.  It is hard to imagine a scenario where Cassie would have an excuse to be in an alternate mind-scape again. Alcoholism worked for season 1, the concussion sort of worked for season two. Season three: a coma? brain tumor?  
If there is a season three, it would be nice to have Cassie do some actual Flight Attending.  There are potentially  interesting stories with Cassie's  love-hate relationships with her co-workers.

• Love 6

I firmly believe this is where the story should end. All the cuts to the "mind palace" really overwhelmed the narrative, especially towards the end. It seemed like every two minutes Cassie was whisked away to have conversations with her various selves and it just killed the momentum of the scene. This was especially true during the most climactic moments of the finale. Every time Cassie was at some crucial, life-threatening moment she was whisked away into her own headspace. Like, how much time did that take, real-time? Were the other characters just standing there waiting for her to get zapped back? It just didn't work for me as a gimmick. There was just way too much of it.

The whole subplot with Megan should have been excised from the season, it had nothing to do with Cassie and was just an unnecessary distraction.

It's also absurd to think Cassie would still be a CIA asset after all of this. The whole reason Dot recruited her was because she's a broken person that Dot could manipulate. Why on earth would the CIA want someone like that? Cassie is not an asset, she's a liability.

And while I liked what Sharon Stone brought to her very limited role, I don't want to see Cassie's mother anymore unless they have her own up to the way she failed both of her children in favor of staying married to an abusive alcoholic. Both Cassie and her brother got scapegoated by their parents when they were too young to have much control over their lives or decisions.

I agree. Cassie's mother was an enabler and she doesn't get to blame or resent Cassie for the way she turned out.

Even Max's who I have no clue why we saw so many times naked, was it in his contract?

Heh - he did seem to be gratuitously shirtless in almost every episode.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8
On 5/28/2022 at 10:51 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I'm assuming Shane since right after the agent said that he handed her the card from Shane.

If that is what the show intended, then that was a misstep on their part, as Shane has in no way been shown as high-up in any way, let alone high enough up to get Megan a house that was so very much nicer than the guy had ever seen for witness protection.

On 5/29/2022 at 12:14 AM, Dani said:

But connected how?  And to what depth, since there were probably many people tangentially connected to the original guy.  Then she was broadening to also kill Shane and Benjamin?  If that's what the show intended, it's just absurd how many people this would mean she was killing or going to kill.

While this season was certainly not as good as the first season, I still thought it was pretty good. This episode tied everything up in a nice little bow, if its the series finale I would be happy with that. Everyone who said it was Dot were right and everyone who said it was Jenny were right, although I didn't guess her being a Felix fangirl. I called that it could be both of them and there were two unconnected plots to kill Cassie, and I was right, poor Cassie. Its like her co-workers on her plane, about a dozen different unconnected schemes going on all at once. 

Everyone got a happy ending, or at least are moving in the right direction. Cassie is more committed to improving herself and made steps with her mom, Shane made it out alright and is probably getting a promotion for getting Megan and the information she gave him, Davey and his husband are back together, Annie and Max are married, and Megan gets to be reunited with her family in witness protection, which is probably more than she deserves but I am glad that things are better for her family.

I know some people didn't love the multiple Cassie scenes, but I was really impressed by Kayley's acting and I like how they explored the various aspects of Cassie. Cassie hates herself and in a lot of ways this season was about Cassie accepting herself, her messy parts and all, and that is the only way she can really heal. 

I would watch a third season but I would be fine with this being the end of the show. I love the idea of mixing this very Hitchcockian mystery of a normal person dragged into murder and international espionage with a really personal story about dealing with your inner demons, its a unique way to tell a mystery story.

• Love 5
On 5/30/2022 at 11:28 AM, iMonrey said:

Heh - he did seem to be gratuitously shirtless in almost every episode

Max seemed to be the only one who actually showered!

Agree that Megan storyline was unnecessary and distracted from the central plot, which was pretty weak and flimsy.  Way too much mind palace which really affected the pacing.  I binged the first batch of episodes and then kind of hate watched until the end.  Hope they stick a fork in it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I just realized something else that didn't make any sense.  Back in Berlin, Cassie saw her double having sex with someone and handing over documents through the window.

She specifically spied on Grace in the shower - who didn't have the tattoo.  But they established that Grace was her double. 

So - how did this work?  Did she have a temporary tattoo?  All of that whole thing in Berlin just didn't seem to fit with how everything finally ended.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, aemom said:

I just realized something else that didn't make any sense.  Back in Berlin, Cassie saw her double having sex with someone and handing over documents through the window.

She specifically spied on Grace in the shower - who didn't have the tattoo.  But they established that Grace was her double. 

So - how did this work?  Did she have a temporary tattoo?  All of that whole thing in Berlin just didn't seem to fit with how everything finally ended.

It's not that hard to get a temporary tattoo, and we know that Grace was in Berlin at the same time since she worked both the outbound and return flights with Cassie, so that checks out.

32 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

It's not that hard to get a temporary tattoo, and we know that Grace was in Berlin at the same time since she worked both the outbound and return flights with Cassie, so that checks out.

I just find that they threw a lot of stuff out there and left many things unresolved. 

Overall, it was fine - nowhere as good as S1, but it almost seems like they were trying to give Kaley a vehicle to try and showcase acting out different types of scenes - especially with that whole mind thing, as opposed to making sure that all the ends were properly tied up for the story.

I wasn't even sure if Cassie really saw herself having sex with the person she was following since she was seeing herself in a lot of places and it was just her mind playing tricks on her.

• Useful 1
On 5/26/2022 at 5:40 PM, Atlanta said:

And the ending with Megan? Not buying it. 

That house they gave her certainly had  Mr Blackie and me want to get into the witness protection program!!

On 6/1/2022 at 5:28 PM, tennisgurl said:

I know some people didn't love the multiple Cassie scenes, but I was really impressed by Kayley's acting and I like how they explored the various aspects of Cassie. Cassie hates herself and in a lot of ways this season was about Cassie accepting herself, her messy parts and all, and that is the only way she can really heal. 

I kind of liked this part of the story the best because the other plot was getting so hard to follow and ridiculous. I thought it was well written and very well acted by KC.

• Love 1

I had issues with the season too, however, I think a third might have potential.  I’m a long time fan of Zosia Mamet, so would like to see more of her.  She’ll likely find another project, I suppose.  

Can someone tell me if in the last scene at the wedding reception Cassie is sober?  The dancing, special lighting, etc. it made me wonder.  They show her drinking from a glass that looks like a nonalcoholic beverage, but……idk.  Based on her character, staying sober at that event would have been challenging.   It looks rather dreamy. 

(edited)

One thing that threw me off in this season - how old is Cassie?  Her father's tombstone said he died in 1995.  But she referenced already drinking with him as a teenager.  So, even assuming 13 at a minimum, that puts her at 13+ 24-25 years = 39-40?  Is that right?  It sheds a bit of a new light on her character if she's almost 40.

I mean, I get that KC is in her mid-30's, but I always had the impression Cassie was meant to *at most* early 30's.  It just kinda changes my impressions of the character if she's closer to 40 than 30.  Probably shouldn't, but I just assumed the character was "late 20's", maybe "early 30's".

EDIT: sorry if this was discussed in earlier episodes, but didn't want to spoil anything, so posted it here

Edited by ICantDoThatDave
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, ICantDoThatDave said:

One thing that threw me off in this season - how old is Cassie?  Her father's tombstone said he died in 1995.  But she referenced already drinking with him as a teenager.  So, even assuming 13 at a minimum, that puts her at 13+ 24-25 years = 39-40?  Is that right?  It sheds a bit of a new light on her character if she's almost 40.

I mean, I get that KC is in her mid-30's, but I always had the impression Cassie was meant to *at most* early 30's.  It just kinda changes my impressions of the character if she's closer to 40 than 30.  Probably shouldn't, but I just assumed the character was "late 20's", maybe "early 30's".

EDIT: sorry if this was discussed in earlier episodes, but didn't want to spoil anything, so posted it here

In the novel on which the first season is based, Cassie is 39.

• Thanks 1

Just watched this season over 5 days. 
I don't need or want to rewatch it, but I'd give a season 3 at least a look. 

My biggest WTH with the plot(s) resolutions weren't really addressed sufficiently enough for me upthread, so: 

• Megan's husband of course accepts a new life in a great big house since his old life was blown to hell by his foolish wife, but I could not imagine for a moment that he would be all warm and fuzzy with her, like smiling and taking her hand????? 

• In just one (final) day, recently dry (again) alcoholic Cassie gets kidnapped and almost murdered 2 times by 2 different people who she had never even suspected were wackos, but, hey, it's all good. Let's go to an Elvis wedding in Vegas. 

• Cassie's trips to the "Mind Palace" were not because of alcohol or drugs or a tumor? I kept waiting for a reveal that one of the suspects had been drugging her. 

• And a lesser dangling chad of a plot: 
    Those posters who point out how in various shows the lesbian types always get killed off were proved correct again.

Kayley Cuoco needs 1 or 2 really good-at-what-they-do assistants to say no to people who come at her with stupid ideas for her projects. They can even get "producer" credits if they do their jobs right so the scripts hold together. 

Kudos to whoever did the opening credit graphics.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

This season was a bit of a letdown for me. Too many boring subplots (mostly involving relationship issues) that didn't contribute much, minor largely one-dimensional characters being shoehorned into the plot in a convoluted way that - once again, didn't contribute much to the story (the entire Iceland episode could have been edited out), underwhelming and anti-climactic reveal/showdown. I thought the explanation for the view-master was both clever and farfetched at the same time (if that's even possible).

And one minor nitpick - it was very distracting how Cassie's mom always had a fresh blowout every time she was on screen. No wonder they have a dysfunctional relationship; talk about warped priorities, woman!

Edited by Roccos Brother
  • Like 1