Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E15: Miguel

• Start Topic

(edited)

Aw, young Miguel was cute.

Blood pressure, new hip, shortness of breath with exercise... How long after the wedding is it? Rebecca seems to have declined quite a bit.

I didn't think about the possibility of something happening to Miguel and Rebecca not being able to call for help (or even realizing he needs help) until he slipped in the snow. 😟

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 20
10 minutes ago, Jax7917 said:

It was refreshing to not have Rebecca say she can’t do this and then say she has to go . I liked that she was just like , shut up and kiss me already ! Wasn’t what I was expecting but I guess the writers had to hurry things along .

I appreciated both of them being adults who knew what they wanted and laid it all out there.  

• Love 23
(edited)

I knew this episode was going to kill me.

Miguel was trying for so many years to find success and happiness but not always together. He sacrificed to provide for his family and it just widen the distance between him and them (his original family with his parents and relatives and then the family he made with Shelly and theirs kids). Of course, it was never good enough and we had Shelly throwing St Jack in his face for not being the perfect husband and dad.

Miguel finally found his place in the world once he learned how to love someone without expecting nothing in return. When Jack died, he spent the next few years being supportive and caring to Rebecca and her kids. God, if only the Pearsons (Kevin) weren't so judgmental, Rebecca and Miguel could have had an additional eight years together.

If is obvious that Rebecca is only going to last only a few more years after Miguel's death as she had lost her rock.

Oh god, SOBS!!!!

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 23

Loved this episode!!   

Randall is going to try and take over next week.    Who didn't know that was going to happen.   Of course we all know from flash forward that won't happen.  

• Love 14

Oh Miguel....we hardly knew ye.

I didn’t realize I kinda needed this episode.  I hated Miguel and his weird hair the first couple of seasons.  Like all of us, Miguel has/had many sides.  Some very moving and gorgeous moments this episode...and I’m ok with sentimentality at this stage of the game for this show, so bring it.  For many of us, I’m sure there were some moments that absolutely resonated...we are not young forever and we should take comfort where we can, we shouldn’t be afraid to grow, we should leave room for the other guy’s point of view, love people for who they are (not who we want them to be).  I’m a little sentimental right now as I just saw some close friends and family for the first time at a bridal shower this past weekend - first time in 2 yrs seeing most of them so the emotional floodgates are still open. My future comments might be a  bit less mushy, lol. 

• Love 20
6 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I thought I was gonna make it…then And So it Goes started and I was a goner. 

Me, too.  I don't think I've cried one tear during any episode in any season but I was bawling for this.  And So It Goes was so perfect.  

• Love 10

Oh God, are the kids going to have to explain what happened to Miguel to Rebecca every time she asks? She freaked out when he just left the room, now what will they do? Just pretend he’s getting groceries until she forgets to ask? My heart y’all. And so it goes. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Ok, I cried more during the last 10 minutes of this episode than I have during all other episodes combined. Man, poor Miguel. He’s never been my favorite character but it’s because we’ve never known anything about him until now. I judged him too harshly before.  I’m so glad he eventually found his home. 

• Love 14
(edited)

I haven’t cried in this show in a very long time even when Jack died it just didn’t touch me but tonight, yes.  I wish they showed more of them when they first got married but I loved how she took on her children and she was such a strong independent woman when she was with Miguel. I know I’m in the minority but I never thought Jack was a perfect fit for her and I really love seeing her before she got sick being his equal partner and having so much fun. I also loved how he knew he was her rock and I’m sure the first time Rebecca had to wake up at 6:45, was the first time she started to fail more quickly.  

Edited by debraran
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, LexieLily said:

I do have a question, though: How far along in the timeline did Miguel die? 

Rebecca dies about 5 years after Kate's wedding, so at least a 1 or 2 so since the wedding.

Speaking of the timeline, the Big Three (especially Kevin) did not look like they were heading into their 50s. No attempt at trying to age them.

• Love 17

I was thrilled to see some actual physical passion between them in the restaurant scene (and later in bed). Miguel deserved that!

It's great that they were so comfortable with each other, but it's also good to know that their relationship had some real heat.

• Love 21
3 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Oh God, are the kids going to have to explain what happened to Miguel to Rebecca every time she asks?

After 64 years of marriage my grandfather died first.  He had been hiding my grandmother’s dementia because he didn’t want them to be separated.  She spent the next years of her life always thinking he was on his way home from the pharmacy.  I would like to think they could tell Rebecca he ran an errand and would be home soon.

• Like 1
  • Love 13
(edited)
15 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Rebecca dies about 5 years after Kate's wedding, so at least a 1 or 2 so since the wedding.

Speaking of the timeline, the Big Three (especially Kevin) did not look like they were heading into their 50s. No attempt at trying to age them.

That’s true especially with Kevin but I did see he had a ring on and the hallway pictures went by too fast to see if his wedding pictures were up there but I did see Kate’s. I’m sure she just wasn’t in this episode but I wondered where Sophie was and if they were going to mention her helping at all with Rebecca

EDiT. Someone told me Sophie was there in future scene. I’ll watch end again with less tears 

Edited by debraran
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, debraran said:

That’s true especially with Kevin but I did see he had a ring on and the hallway pictures went by too fast to see if his wedding pictures were up there but I did see Kate’s. I’m sure she just wasn’t in this episode but I wondered where Sophie was and if they were going to mention her helping at all with Rebecca.

Sophie was in the scene for the big family get together with both Miguel and Rebecca's kids's and grandkids.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

How far along in the timeline did Miguel die?

The montage was moving quick but I feel like the grandkids (who were the twins I think primarily?) were looking around 8-10 though I am bad at aging for kids. 

The one thing that is getting me is that the triplets never look like they are aging. They turned 40 last year... then 6ish years later (last season plus the 5 year time jump) Kate got married. So near the end there, they should be 50ish and look the exact same. I am bad at remembering but also, didn't Rebecca look 100 years old during the flashfoward but looked older, but fine during Miguel's funeral? But one of the twins was a teen, so she doesn't live for many more years beyond that I don't think. This show and it's timelines... 

My mom has Parkinson's and has had a rough few years with it with steep declines so the Rebecca storyline has always been really tough for me and this episode ... with Kevin helping dress her, and talking about nurse care, and the exercises. Was all a bit too real. 

• Love 16
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

After 64 years of marriage my grandfather died first.  He had been hiding my grandmother’s dementia because he didn’t want them to be separated.  She spent the next years of her life always thinking he was on his way home from the pharmacy.  I would like to think they could tell Rebecca he ran an errand and would be home soon.

My dad died of Alzheimer’s and my mom died six years before he did. We just redirected him every time he asked for her, and that usually worked. We would say she wasn’t there right now and then change the subject.  There were times, though, when he remembered she had died and became very angry that no one had told him.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 5