Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E17: Got My Mind Made Up

• Start Topic

(edited)

Sorry.  I don’t believe Mark.  He did a 180.  No man could take Lindsey.  Maybe he was afraid to say No on camera.  Maybe he will leave her one night in the dark and go to another town.

Edited by kristen111
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 6

I only read the results tonight, I stopped watching about 4 weeks ago.  This season was a snooze, and I too believe the couples were paid extra to say yes on Decision Day.  The whole series has gone downhill and It needs to be refreshed.  I was bored. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

It irritates me that they have to draw out their decision speech like they are going to say no and pointing out all of the crappy things about each other and their relationship. Just say yes or no for heaven's sake.🤦‍♀️ 

• Love 16

4 out of 5; impressive. I believe some of them are just trying to save face.  Looking at Michael/Jasmina and Ola/Katina.  I have a feeling most of these relationships won't last until Labor Day, if they aren't over already.  The reunion should be interesting.  

• Love 13
13 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

I think the only ones still together will be O and Katina.  Yuck. 
Did Michael say they aren’t moving in together?  Well that’s done then. 

I'm kinda rooting against O&K, so 0-4 by the reunion? Not counting Chris and the black cloud of doom that is Alyssa.

The only reason for these couples to stay together is if they want more dirty reality show lucre. Let's get a Couples Cam comeback! Would love to see how Lindsey and Shark's marriage goes. They're entertaining in a wacky, dysfunctional sitcom couple kind of way.

Good night, all. It's been a bumpy but good f*cking ride.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

Alyssa looked really pissed off whenChris said he was happy and dating.  Ithinkthe makeup people hate Alyssa because her reunion make up was crap. 

I liked her sparkly silver dress but it was all wrong for the event. Her orange eye shadow was horrible. I don’t think she looked bad but she definitely looked like she was trying too hard. I was sort of intrigued that she has stopped trying to make “ACE” happen. 

• Love 2

I'm actually not surprised that the 4 couples all said yes.  Nobody hated anyone that much.  The worst you could say is that they were "meh" on each other and that wasn't worth giving up whatever bonus they got from staying together.  I think Noi and Steve were the only couple that said yes regardless of any incentive to do so.  The others were all locked in a never ending list of pros and cons that never resolved themselves and were like "what the hell, we can wait a few more weeks to get divorced, let's collect a check".  Meanwhile the "experts" were all salivating over the "yeses" like they too get a bonus if they stay together.  None of them impressed me with any sincerity despite shedding crocodile tears at some of the sappier moments.  

I think all the marriages will fall apart eventually except for Noi and Steve.  Lindsey is speaking too soon about her marriage lasting "forever".  Mark's gonna use her to fix up his grandma's house and then dump her.  Olaj and Katina may actually last a few years but I don't see it going any longer than that.  And Jasmina already has one foot out the door not living with him.  It almost looks as if they made an agreement to say "yes" but they have plans to divorce after a while.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
(edited)

This a fallacy with the show. The time table. The 8 weeks really don't matter. They can just stay together and give it more time. If it don't work, it don't work.

So, it's not that surprising how many couples made it through. I also feel like a bunch of couples staying together hinged on who went first.

I feel like Mark was the deciding factor in that couple. He said yes so they were all clear.

Jasmina said yes first so of course Michael was going to ride it out.

Katina said yes so O went with it.

Making this thing work 6 months. A year. That's the real test.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, kikicat said:

MAFS experts: 3 for 3

This board: WTF?

I'm not - I do think that if they like each other at all they should try it out without cameras.  It's not like you actually have to stay married . . . or Get . . . a Divorce!!! on that very day.

3 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m shocked! And watching the experts cry for joy that they get to keep their jobs another year, makes me cry!

And Lindsey still needs help with her undergarments. Also, the cut of the dress makes her look pregnant. 

Haha she needed two big pockets - I'm sure she had a red buzzer in there as well! 😄

I too watched the whole thing in 30 minutes.  If they didn't drag everything out so much I would be more interested in what they have to say, but listening to pros and cons about Steve's employment for the eleventy-billionth time was not on my agenda for tonight.  I'll get the details next week.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Steve wins for being a class act! Love that he bought Noi some really gorgeous flowers and gave a single rose each to Pepper and Viv. I think Noi looks very pretty tonight. Her dress isn't too see-through or too tight and the pink is great on her. I have hope for these two crazy kids.

I love Steve more than any guy that has ever been on this show and Noi continues to annoy and I really hope they can be truly happy just not sure with her.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Lindsay makes me a little uncomfortable with all the talk of "death" & "murder."

Yep.  That’s why he said stay.  He’s petrified of her.  What a wimp and a dope.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

The royal blue is great on Lindsey. I think she is dressed completely wrong for the occasion but she looks good generally.

Agreed. That dress is for a different event but the color looks good on her.

I don’t think any of these couples should stay together. Steve and Noi, maybe, but I don’t like Noi and I do like Steve so I don’t want Noi for Steve; she’s really immature. Olajuwon is emotionally abusive and I don’t want ANYONE to be with him because he’s a shitty person. Lindsay and Mark (well, moreso Lindsay) are a fucking train wreck, and why Mark would stay married to someone who clowned his salary and his sex game on TV is beyond me. If Jasmina got that up in arms about Michael touching her butt and they didn’t even kiss in 8 weeks, romance isn’t likely to happen. She also just wasn’t that nice to Michael a lot of the time and I want better for him.

10 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Don't sleep on dvr guys. I finished the whole decision day during a 30 minute break. It was wonderful.

This show is what DVRs were made for. I did the same. there was really only about that much new content. I actually shut it off before Chris and Alyssa. Glad that Chris is happy; seems like Alyssa remains the same as she ever was.

• Love 13

The ONLY reason I think O and Katina may still be together is in one of their talking heads, from a few episodes ago, O had tattoos all over his neck.  So this was filmed after the season ended.

I would think it would take quite a few sessions to get that many tattoos, but what do I know???

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I’d love to say I’m never watching this stupid show again, but I’m weak.  No satisfaction.  Guess they paid them to stay for awhile, then get divorced.  I hope.  I’m just happy for Steve.  He’s a gentlemen and a sweetheart.  Hope she treats him right.  The flowers, the Diamond ring.  Just WOW.

• Love 7

I’m always on the edge of my seat waiting for Steve to W O R K!  I don’t really care if it’s a job, job or his freelance work I just want him to do something besides complain about housework. He’s home evidently doing nothing sooo !

Where does he do his think machine work?  I don’t see mention of a home office. 

Maybe Steve is punking all of us. Experts included. 😁 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

While Steve’s gesture with the second ring was very sweet, I think he really picked the wrong time to give it to Noi. Why do that in front of three other guys that were all in the exact same situation with their wives (married eight weeks who were also celebrating their decisions to stay married). How could those other guys not feel bad that they didn’t do the same? And how could their wives not feel bad that they didn’t get new “confirmation rings”? I really wish he’d done that in a private moment. It turned a sentimental moment into somewhat of a performance, with a hint of one-up-man-ship.

Edited by Spectator
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 18
6 minutes ago, Spectator said:

While Steve’s gesture with the second ring was very sweet, I think he really picked the wrong time to give it to Noi. Why do that in front of three other guys that were all in the exact same situation with their wives (married eight weeks who were also celebrating their decisions to stay marry). How could those other guys not feel bad that they didn’t do the same? And how could their wives not feel bad that they didn’t get new “confirmation rings”? I really wish he’d done that in a private moment. It turned a sentimental moment into somewhat of a performance, with a hint of one-up-man-ship.

I agree. Poor timing. 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m shocked! And watching the experts cry for joy that they get to keep their jobs another year, makes me cry!

And Lindsey still needs help with her undergarments. Also, the cut of the dress makes her look pregnant. 

Lindsey always looks unkempt and messy.  Definitely in need of a good bra fitting.

• Love 6

This show. Ugh. I keep getting sucked in but I think we're being played. When most of the couples split not long after D Day, then they must be getting a bonus for sticking it out on the finale. I hate being lied to. This is the worst season yet. Utterly boring. Go back and look at previous seasons episode discussions on this board. Most episodes, especially towards the end of a season, have up to 8 pages of comments. This season... not so much. Boring.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Spectator said:

How could those other guys not feel bad that they didn’t do the same?

Or they could be thinking they're smart because they didn't throw an expensive ring into a doomed marriage.

1 hour ago, Rightside said:

The ONLY reason I think O and Katina may still be together is in one of their talking heads, from a few episodes ago, O had tattoos all over his neck.  So this was filmed after the season ended.

And don't forget the scene where he had his neck tattoos but it was supposed to be taking place right after they had their huge fight, and they were talking about how they'd made up. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
10 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Or they could be thinking they're smart because they didn't throw an expensive ring into a doomed marriage.

Steve didn't pay for that ring. It was likely gifted to the show for the infomercial he made.

The producers probably picked Steve/Noi for the ring since they were most likely to stay together.  I'm sure if they split the ring goes back.

Edited by Rightside
  • Useful 7
  • Love 5

I just read the comments so I didn't have to watch. I think I will do the same next week. I agree that there must now be a bonus incentive to say yes on Decision Day and then they can get the divorce after the Reunion show, which I think is another 3 months? But, I hope the "experts" are not given a bonus because they really sucked. I wonder if there will be any changes or adjustments to the next season, based on how badly the last couple of seasons have been, or if that is just the new direction.

And, if these people think they will ride the reality TV train to fame, I hope the show remembers the disaster they had with Couples' Cam just putting people who said yes on their D Day and never made it past their season as model couples (VirGINia and Eric?). I think the couples should be together for at least a year before they do that, if that show is brought back. Even so, those stories were also too heavily produced (see Big Red and Jamie). By the way, I have never watched even one of those shows, because I get all I need to know from you lovely people. Thank you!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Spectator said:

While Steve’s gesture with the second ring was very sweet, I think he really picked the wrong time to give it to Noi. Why do that in front of three other guys that were all in the exact same situation with their wives (married eight weeks who were also celebrating their decisions to stay marry). How could those other guys not feel bad that they didn’t do the same? And how could their wives not feel bad that they didn’t get new “confirmation rings”? I really wish he’d done that in a private moment. It turned a sentimental moment into somewhat of a performance, with a hint of one-up-man-ship.

59 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

54 minutes ago, Rightside said:

Steve didn't pay for that ring. It was likely gifted to the show for the infomercial he made.

The producers probably picked Steve/Noi for the ring since they were most likely to stay together.  I'm sure if they split the ring goes back.

I was thinking Steve buying the ring was a show of "I have money! I don't need to work." 

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, watchingtvaddict said:

I was thinking Steve buying the ring was a show of "I have money! I don't need to work." 

I agree!  I also remember that at some point in this endless season, Steve said he contributed his share to household expenses.  So why was Noi going on about being the sole breadwinner??  they clearly gave her a script or she made one up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Just because it can’t be said enough, Alyssa is a good fucking person. Really.

I really can't understand why she cares so much what everyone thinks of her - or how she expected to behave so badly and still somehow come off looking like a good person. Honestly, I don't much care what type of person she is overall or at her core. She didn't try at all from the minute she saw Chris and she treated him horribly. She was a terrible "wife" and a terrible candidate for this "experiment" and Chris was absolutely correct to end it when he did. I'm not really interested in dissecting her character further and I don't know that anyone else is either. I can't imagine why she thinks anyone cares unless she was really hoping to market herself as an influencer and is trying to salvage that effort. 

I'm not - I do think that if they like each other at all they should try it out without cameras.  It's not like you actually have to stay married . . . or Get . . . a Divorce!!! on that very day.

I've always thought it was a little artificial too - they can always get a divorce later on. I do think the show pays for a divorce if they get it on decision day and I think the couple has to pay for it themselves if they wait longer so I guess there is that incentive. Plus I suppose the longer they stay together before divorcing, the more complicated it could get with combining assets, having community property, etc. But otherwise - yeah - no rush to decide that very minute, other than creating tv drama.

Steve said he contributed his share to household expenses.  So why was Noi going on about being the sole breadwinner?? 

He did but without a steady source of income, his savings will eventually run out and he won't be able to contribute to the household expenses. I understand Noi's concern but at the same time, I do think that Steve has good career possibilities and will end up bringing in an income (either by working for someone else or doing independent consulting or whatever). They'll hire a housekeeper and all will be well.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I can't imagine why she thinks anyone cares unless she was really hoping to market herself as an influencer and is trying to salvage that effort. 

She’s still looking for a husband. Her appearance on the show and the way she behaved will always be the first entry when a potential mate googles her. She’s fucked (her own fault) forever.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

She’s still looking for a husband. Her appearance on the show and the way she behaved will always be the first entry when a potential mate googles her. She’s fucked (her own fault) forever.

She regularly referenced “how [she] was portrayed” so I think she’s very conscious of the fact that she’s on TV. It’s a trip to me that she didn’t realize she was an asshole before, because she clearly has people in her life that have that opinion of her. When she was telling her friend about the divorce, the friend, who wasn’t at the wedding and never met Chris, was like “You sure it wasn’t you who fucked this up?” Even her MOTHER called her on her shit.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11

I'm wondering if MAFS is giving incentives for couples to stay together for at least a little bit or they are all hoping for the spinoff shows.

With the exception of Noi and Steve, I see each of the other marriages failing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Maybe they get a bonus for saying yes on decision day.

This can be the only reason some of these fools last past this expiration date. I would bet real money that it is still not 4/4 by next week. NO WAY. I did not watch because I cannot stand most of these people, but also, I cannot stomach "the experts" patting themselves on the back for what an awesome job they did. Want to bet they are nowhere to be seen next week when we all hear how most of these couples imploded?

• Love 6

I think Marc and Lindsey knew each was going to say yes.  She came out too confident and kissed his hand.  Meanwhile, he was complaining in every talking head.  Then, he says yes.  I just don’t get it.  Is he lonely, or crazy to put up with her everyday forever?

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

So sick of O’s cooking and cleaning schtick.  Go cook yourself and STFU.  Plenty of men cook; go learn.  Big Boss.  

It’s actually weird to me when men don’t cook. My dad was a fantastic cook - he taught me, that was our thing. He learned primarily from his dad. Most of the head chefs in renowned restaurants are men. It always surprises me when I meet men who can’t cook because the “men don’t cook” trope wasn’t true in my family.

What gets me about O is, if the division of labor in their marriage is that Katina cooks, fine, but I don’t think I’ve ever heard about what he’s bringing to the table. He’s not the sole breadwinner so it’s not money. He’s not saying, you cook and I’ll do laundry - he expects her to do that too. I have not heard him once talk about what he’s going to do for her. He acts like she should be grateful to be with him and like … why? He’s just a guy. He has a job and a house, fine, but so do lots of other guys. He’s not that cute, he’s not wealthy, he’s not charming or funny … he’s an average 30-year-old guy who somehow got it in his head that he’s God’s gift.

5 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I think Marc and Lindsey knew each was going to say yes.  She came out too confident and kissed his hand.  Meanwhile, he was complaining in every talking head.  Then, he says yes.  I just don’t get it.  Is he lonely, or crazy to put up with her everyday forever?

He’s said he really wants to be married, that if he’s with someone for more than six months he’s trying to move in. He has virtually no family so I think he’s desperate to create one and Lindsay is here so he’s just going with it. Michael doesn’t have parents but he has all those sisters so he has some family. Mark really has no one.

• Like 1
  • Love 12

I agree with others here who are saying this was bogus. The last few seasons have been a disaster, so production decided we'll get all four couple to say yes on decision day and if they divorce in a few months who cares. We can say we had a grand slam on decision day this season. I hope they paid Katina an extra big bonus to stay with O. How demeaning to sit there and listen to him spew his misogynistic views. Katina's eyes looked wounded as he went on and on about her cooking skills, or lack thereof, and her various other failings. I hope she gets the hell away from him very soon. There's no way Jasmina stays with Michael unless it's part of the script. She can't even kiss Michael after eight weeks of being married. Mark and Lindsey staying together was another sham. He's the little boy and she's his mother in the relationship. Maybe that's what they want but I doubt it. Finally, Steve and Noi. Steve is the only guy who showed a hint of romance or caring for his partner of the four guys this season. After all is said and done, Steve is the only one of the guys I liked this season. That being said, I'm sure they'll break up shortly after decision day. Noi likes to complain and whine about everything. Wish them luck though. Looking forward to the upcoming San Diego season. My hometown. 

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

What gets me about O is, if the division of labor in their marriage is that Katina cooks, fine, but I don’t think I’ve ever heard about what he’s bringing to the table. He’s not the sole breadwinner so it’s not money. He’s not saying, you cook and I’ll do laundry - he expects her to do that too. I have not heard him once talk about what he’s going to do for her. He acts like she should be grateful to be with him and like … why? He’s just a guy. He has a job and a house, fine, but so do lots of other guys. He’s not that cute, he’s not wealthy, he’s not charming or funny … he’s an average 30-year-old guy who somehow got it in his head that he’s God’s gift.

I wish O could read this.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Matty said:

Looking forward to the upcoming San Diego season. My hometown. 

I love San Diego. And on the singles tip, one time I was there for work and I was on a dating app at the time, and it works with your location. I opened it and was looking at the prospects and was like, “I should move here, these men are HOT.” So maybe we’ll have some eye candy next season. (Boston wasn’t a particularly attractive group, IMO.)

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
(edited)

My favorite moment…at the very end, when Jasmina says, “I always said I’d never leave any type of relationship if I hadn’t given 100%…” and the editors cut to a shot of Alyssa swallowing hard and trying not to look uncomfortable. They really, really hate her.

Awkward moment…when the couples all toast at the end, Chris and Alyssa both move into the circle to join the toast. Unfortunately, the couples didn’t slide one way or other to create separate gaps for them, so Chris first tried to enter and then retreated rather than stand next to Alyssa. He ended up standing behind Lindsey, sort of outside the circle.

5E89FFDD-FAC3-48AB-99DC-E211B1B891C1.jpeg

Edited by Cancun
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2