Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E17: Got My Mind Made Up

• Start Topic

Yes I watched ( and thankfully missed the week before with the predictions. Seriously what a waste ) and was shocked. 

I was happy about Jasmina and Michael and hope that they do well together.

I was disappointed that Lindsay and Mark both said yes. I guess I will wish them well, but she is just SO MUCH ( as in a lot) and irritating to the max. I think she sometimes looks very pretty facially, but she should invest in having someone show her what clothing would flatter her. 

O and Katina, I kind of think they might - without all the hype- do ok. 

Noi and Steve, probably will do ok.

I was suprised to see Alyssa and Chris there. 

I meant to add, I find it really interesting that more than one of you has suggested they get a bonus or whatever extra $$payout if they stay together..........that would be hard to imagine but then again, 4 out of 5 ( and this particular 4 out of 5) is hard to imagine as well!

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I really can't understand why she cares so much what everyone thinks of her - or how she expected to behave so badly and still somehow come off looking like a good person. Honestly, I don't much care what type of person she is overall or at her core. She didn't try at all from the minute she saw Chris and she treated him horribly. She was a terrible "wife" and a terrible candidate for this "experiment" and Chris was absolutely correct to end it when he did. 

I think she assumed that Chris and the audience would all agree he wasn't good enough for her 😄

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

I wish O could read this.

I am sure if O has seen anything on social media about this show he now knows exactly how most people feel about his repulsive behavior and words to his "wife".

• Love 7

I'm sitting here thinking about this, and you know what really pisses me off about this stupid show? Four or five seasons ago, I (and probably most people) would have loved a season that had so many successful couples on DD. The producers are no doubt thinking "well, we gave them what they wanted - more successes". But the problem is that these aren't happy couples, and the happy ending doesn't feel earned in any way when we know these unlikable people should not be together no matter what they say on DD. Instead, it feels completely fake. It actually would have felt more cathartic to see most of them split up after this shit show.

• Love 18
(edited)
2 hours ago, Matty said:

I agree with others here who are saying this was bogus. The last few seasons have been a disaster, so production decided we'll get all four couple to say yes on decision day and if they divorce in a few months who cares. We can say we had a grand slam on decision day this season.

Did anyone else notice that the couples and experts didn't even seem that excited when each couple stayed married?

Edited by Rightside
  • Love 5
57 minutes ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

I meant to add, I find it really interesting that more than one of you has suggested they get a bonus or whatever extra $$payout if they stay together..........that would be hard to imagine but then again, 4 out of 5 ( and this particular 4 out of 5) is hard to imagine as well!

It could be down to 2 out of 5 by reunion week.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

I'm sitting here thinking about this, and you know what really pisses me off about this stupid show? Four or five seasons ago, I (and probably most people) would have loved a season that had so many successful couples on DD. The producers are no doubt thinking "well, we gave them what they wanted - more successes". But the problem is that these aren't happy couples, and the happy ending doesn't feel earned in any way when we know these unlikable people should not be together no matter what they say on DD. Instead, it feels completely fake. It actually would have felt more cathartic to see most of them split up after this shit show.

The eight week artificial horizon the show imposes is just drama for the show. Barring a situation like Chris, if they have any hope and were able to stay together and had some good moments they should extend the 8 week barrier. There are some couples who don't really get a chance to gel because the show has them running all over the place.

I don't know why Chris and Aylssa were on the show but I'm happy to know the Aylssa we saw the first three episodes is really an imposter and the real Aylssa is a good person.

• LOL 15
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

What gets me about O is, if the division of labor in their marriage is that Katina cooks, fine, but I don’t think I’ve ever heard about what he’s bringing to the table. He’s not the sole breadwinner so it’s not money. He’s not saying, you cook and I’ll do laundry - he expects her to do that too. I have not heard him once talk about what he’s going to do for her. He acts like she should be grateful to be with him and like … why? He’s just a guy. He has a job and a house, fine, but so do lots of other guys. He’s not that cute, he’s not wealthy, he’s not charming or funny … he’s an average 30-year-old guy who somehow got it in his head that he’s God’s gift.

Yes, he is always trying to say that Katina is not on his level but his level is pretty average.

What if Katina has answered back that maybe she wanted a more sophisticated man who knew not to drink from a wine carafe?

He is acting like he is doing her a huge favor by staying with her because apparently there is a line of rich genius supermodels who are just dying to get with him.

• Love 13

Steve is the only one of the guys I liked this season.

I liked Chris, insofar as we got to know him. 

What gets me about O is, if the division of labor in their marriage is that Katina cooks, fine, but I don’t think I’ve ever heard about what he’s bringing to the table. He’s not the sole breadwinner so it’s not money. He’s not saying, you cook and I’ll do laundry - he expects her to do that too. I have not heard him once talk about what he’s going to do for her. He acts like she should be grateful to be with him and like … why? He’s just a guy. He has a job and a house, fine, but so do lots of other guys. He’s not that cute, he’s not wealthy, he’s not charming or funny … he’s an average 30-year-old guy who somehow got it in his head that he’s God’s gift.

Objectively he is fine. Minus his personality, he's a perfectly good "catch." But add in his condescension and his cockiness and his belief that he is so much better than Katina and pretty much everyone else, and he's just an ass. 

I wish O could read this.

It wouldn't matter. No one can tell him anything. He wants what he wants and what he wants is to go back to the 50's and have a standard issue, 50's housewife. He doesn't give a damn about anything else.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Rightside said:

Did anyone else notice that the couples and experts didn't even seem that excited when each couple stayed married?

It all came to me when Lindsey kissed Marks hand.  They knew and the others knew too.  They were told/paid to stay together.  Probably get divorced in a few weeks or so.  All too obvious.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Like everyone else, I am shocked that all of these couples are “staying married” (at least for a few days more)? Well, I should say that I’m shocked that Jasmina and Mark, specifically, said yes. I figured everyone else would. But Jasmina can’t even muster up an attempt at romantic feelings for Michael. Have they even kissed yet—like a real makeout session, not a peck? And Mark the Shark is going to end up like the end of Jaws. He’s not leaving this marriage alive—literally, Lindsey will murder him if he tries to leave. You’ve been warned, Mark! Till death do us part…death is the only escape! Do we get to vote on Most Likely to End in a Murder-Suicide? If you asked me that the first week, I would have said Alyssa and Chris, but I think Alyssa is too narcissistic to kill herself—she’d be posing in her trial like in Inventing Anna. Mark, be careful, my man. I think Noi and Steve will make it 5 years, I don’t give anyone else a year. 

• Love 7
22 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Here we go. I would guess 4/4 fail but who knows, they might all stay together and split up by the reunion. 

I LOVE that this was the fist post.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Making this thing work 6 months. A year. That's the real test.

I have a feeling Lindsey will get pregnant as soon as possible to cement their marriage.  Times a wastin.  She wants a few children.  Mark, BEWARE!

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I have a feeling Lindsey will get pregnant as soon as possible to cement their marriage.  Times a wastin.  She wants a few children.  Mark, BEWARE!

dear god no GIF

• LOL 12
2 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I don't know why Chris and Aylssa were on the show but I'm happy to know the Aylssa we saw the first three episodes is really an imposter and the real Aylssa is a good *fucking* person.

FIFY

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

It appears Alyssa thinks the "internet joke" is that she repeated "I'm a good person" so many times, not that we could all see from her actions that she is not, no matter how many times she declared it.

• Love 10
On 5/11/2022 at 9:04 PM, kikicat said:

The few times that Jasmina was happy and laughing with him, I had hope for them. They may well relax without the cameras around. But, yeah, doubtful.

Not a good sign that after having said yes, they still didn't even hold hands when they left!

On 5/11/2022 at 9:35 PM, kikicat said:

Holy Cannoli. It's a grand slam for MAFS experts.

Have there ever been 4 couples saying yes?

• Love 1

Dr. Pepper looked completely over the whole thing.

Jasmine has brainwashed Michael with her constant yammering that marriage is such hard work, they've done so much work, they have more hard work to do. Mother of Pearl, I married my husband at age 21 with no hard work being done beforehand, and here we are 38 years later still happy and still liking each other. Maybe consummate that marriage, kids,  and see what happens.

I like Steve.

• Love 15

I can't believe Jas & Michael said yes. I can't believe Mark & Lindsey said yes, especially right after Lindsey went on a complaining tangent. I wonder if any said yes so they weren't a divorcing couple in the group.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

O said she can't cook & her food was inedible! How RUDE! He must not ever want her to cook for him again! What was she thinking when he said that? So offensive & disrespectful!

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Spectator said:

While Steve’s gesture with the second ring was very sweet, I think he really picked the wrong time to give it to Noi. Why do that in front of three other guys that were all in the exact same situation with their wives (married eight weeks who were also celebrating their decisions to stay married). How could those other guys not feel bad that they didn’t do the same? And how could their wives not feel bad that they didn’t get new “confirmation rings”? I really wish he’d done that in a private moment. It turned a sentimental moment into somewhat of a performance, with a hint of one-up-man-ship.

It would've been better if he'd proposed after the decision, like Vincent.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Cancun said:

Awkward moment…when the couples all toast at the end, Chris and Alyssa both move into the circle to join the toast. Unfortunately, the couples didn’t slide one way or other to create separate gaps for them, so Chris first tried to enter and then retreated rather than stand next to Alyssa. He ended up standing behind Lindsey, sort of outside the circle.

YES!!! SUPER AWKWARD!!! Did Alyssa skip Chris when she was greeting everyone? 😅 Then they stood on opposite sides after that. Alyssa's update was more of the same. Chris's update was a funny dig. Then Steve had everyone say, "Marriage is hard." 😅😂 "Marriage ain't for punks," is more on brand. Chris & Alyssa shouldn't have been there. They already shared their decision at the bowling activity.

• Love 1

WHY aren't Jas & Michael moving in together???? 🤔 That's so strange! Makes it seem like they didn't plan on staying together.  WHAT IS THE PLAN??? Then Noi did a 180 & is talking about moving into Steve's apartment. SHOCKING!

• Love 2
On 5/12/2022 at 6:19 AM, Spectator said:

While Steve’s gesture with the second ring was very sweet, I think he really picked the wrong time to give it to Noi. Why do that in front of three other guys that were all in the exact same situation with their wives (married eight weeks who were also celebrating their decisions to stay married). How could those other guys not feel bad that they didn’t do the same? And how could their wives not feel bad that they didn’t get new “confirmation rings”? I really wish he’d done that in a private moment. It turned a sentimental moment into somewhat of a performance, with a hint of one-up-man-ship.

Definitely a dumb time to give Noi the ring.  Definitely looks like he wanted everyone to see.  Why not save that for a private moment for just Noi and himself?  All I could hear in the background was Lindsey's big ass voice.  Shut up and let them enjoy the moment. 

22 hours ago, Rightside said:

Steve didn't pay for that ring. It was likely gifted to the show for the infomercial he made.

The producers probably picked Steve/Noi for the ring since they were most likely to stay together.  I'm sure if they split the ring goes back.

I wonder if Noi will be disappointed once she finds out is it not a real diamond, but lab created, whatever the fuck that means.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
11 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Not a good sign that after having said yes, they still didn't even hold hands when they left!

I don’t know but I still count Chris and Alyssa as a divorce, so no grand slam for the experts. In fact, that was such a mismatch of epic proportions, I’d count it twice.

14 minutes ago, Shauna said:

Definitely a dumb time to give Noi the ring.  Definitely looks like he wanted everyone to see.  Why not save that for a private moment for just Noi and himself?  All I could hear in the background was Lindsey's big ass voice.  Shut up and let them enjoy the moment. 

I wonder if Noi will be disappointed once she finds out is it not a real diamond, but lab created, whatever the fuck that means.

It’s still a diamond at the molecular level and I believe, indistinguishable under a microscope, from an old-fashioned, created in nature, diamond. It’s just grown in a lab, under controlled (and much faster) circumstances, than a diamond that nature created over however many hundreds of years it takes to create one. I don’t know if Noi would care as long as the resale value is equivalent. Speaking of… I think that resale engagement rings are never really worth their retail value. They’re kind of like cars that way; they lose a big chunk of their value once you walk off the lot with it. She’s probably better off keeping it as a pretty bit of bling even if they do split.

• Love 6

I could tell the person will say yes whenever they start out with negative comments. The show probably pushes that so it comes off as a surprise. But it doesn't come off that way when they do it season after season. Usually the people who end up saying they want the divorce start out with nice things.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5

Jasmina and Michael's body language on decision day and particularly when they were walking out together was very telling. They weren't even standing near each other when they were leaving together whereas most of the time the couples walk out holding hands. I think the problem with Jasmina is that she is putting zero effort into turning their friendship into a romantic relationship. Maybe she will hate hugging him, kissing him, cuddling with him and holding hands with him.. but by actually doing those things is the only way she will find out if she can turn the relationship romantic. By saying you just aren't feeling him like that is not helping you feel anything for him. I don't think she's particularly attracted to him but if I were to guess, I think it's mostly how much shorter he is than her.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

There were three for three when the show was in Chicago.  Only one couple lasted, Ashley and Anthony.  The other two imploded pretty quickly. 

4 hours ago, Shauna said:

"Lab grown diamonds are as real as diamonds mined from the earth. Lab grown diamonds are identical to earth mined diamonds in every way, except that they are grown in a lab. They have the same chemical, physical, and optical properties as mined diamonds and exhibit the same fire, scintillation, and sparkle."

"Can you tell the difference between lab created diamonds and real diamonds?

So, to answer the original question: No, you can't tell the difference between a lab-grown diamond and a real diamond. However, you can get a larger diamond within your budget and make a more ethical and environmentally-friendly purchase with a lab-grown diamond."

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
(edited)

On the reunion preview, when Kevin F. says to Steve/Noi "You're still happy married" what does Steve say back to Kevin? It sounded something like "boat it, Kevin"???

I have watched it several times and can't figure it out. Does anyone know?

Edited by Rightside
11 hours ago, Lindz said:

YES!!! SUPER AWKWARD!!! Did Alyssa skip Chris when she was greeting everyone? 😅 Then they stood on opposite sides after that. Alyssa's update was more of the same. Chris's update was a funny dig. Then Steve had everyone say, "Marriage is hard." 😅😂 "Marriage ain't for punks," is more on brand. Chris & Alyssa shouldn't have been there. They already shared their decision at the bowling activity.

Yes, and the good fucking person didn’t even have the manners to say hello to Chris.  

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, Rightside said:

On the reunion preview, when Kevin F. says to Steve/Noi "You're still happy married" what does Steve say back to Kevin? It sounded something like "boat it, Kevin"???

I have watched it several times and can't figure it out. Does anyone know?

He says, "About that, Kevin..."

• Love 3
(edited)

Dr. Viviana didn't seem to be around a lot this season, with some speculation that she might be leaving the show.  She seemed extra happy tonight--wonder if her happiness is because she's exiting this shit show. . .

Edited by rebel2u
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 5/12/2022 at 1:25 PM, Ilovepie said:

This can be the only reason some of these fools last past this expiration date. I would bet real money that it is still not 4/4 by next week. NO WAY. I did not watch because I cannot stand most of these people, but also, I cannot stomach "the experts" patting themselves on the back for what an awesome job they did. Want to bet they are nowhere to be seen next week when we all hear how most of these couples imploded?

To me, those “experts” were useless.  You either have something for a person, or you don’t.  They talk a lot of mombo jumbo.  Why does Pepper have to look in someone’s underwear drawer?  What does that have to do with anything?  Invasion of privacy.  She reminds me of someone who would have sex with anyone anywhere.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

I could tell the person will say yes whenever they start out with negative comments. The show probably pushes that so it comes off as a surprise. But it doesn't come off that way when they do it season after season. Usually the people who end up saying they want the divorce start out with nice things.

I think there could be a fair amount of editing and re-takes too, to amp up the drama…

• Love 1

Steve was the absolute BEST! For the most part. So calm & level-headed. Noi's lucky he tolerated her childish bs. I wonder if stay-at-home wives expect their husbands to split chores like he does. It seems strange. And he wouldn't help her feel financially secure. Otherwise, he was great. How nice that brought flowers? He's the only husband who's done that. AND an engagement ring?!! I mean, WOW! 

• Love 2
(edited)

COMPLETELY 100% BOGUS!! 👿 😠

Every single participant is reluctant to abandon the TV MONEY. They see $equel$ in their futures: Spin-offs; Pillow Talks; Guest appearances; etc. 💰💰💰

I never want to hear Olajuwon's stupid but authoritative voice and misogynistic opinions ever again. I never want to hear Noi's whining voice and childish opinions ever again. I never want to hear Jasmina's boring voice and smug opinions ever again. I never want to hear Lindsey's harsh laugh and vulgar opinions ever again. The others I can tolerate. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 14
48 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I never want to hear Olajuwon's stupid but authoritative voice and misogynistic opinions ever again. I never want to hear Noi's whining voice and childish opinions ever again. I never want to hear Jasmina's boring voice and smug opinions ever again. I never want to hear Lindsey's harsh laugh and vulgar opinions ever again. The others I can tolerate. 

Agree 1000% with everything you said.

• Love 2

I can’t stand Noi but I wouldn’t be happy chained to a desk all day while my husband was hanging out on the beach (summer) or brunching with friends while I worked all day. It is different if you are taking care of kids but I think I would be resentful because if my husband was so well off that he didn’t need to work then he should find a way to make his spouse have it easier too. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

You don't want to know what I thought Lindsey was getting out of her pocket. 😅😂 I think the, "til death" part should be changed to, "til divorce or natural death." I still can't believe they both said yes. I can't see them staying together until the reunion. Mark wants space from her and she wants affection and romance. He pulls away and she smothers him.

• Love 2
On 5/13/2022 at 12:57 AM, Elizzikra said:

I've always thought it was a little artificial too - they can always get a divorce later on. I do think the show pays for a divorce if they get it on decision day and I think the couple has to pay for it themselves if they wait longer so I guess there is that incentive. Plus I suppose the longer they stay together before divorcing, the more complicated it could get with combining assets, having community property, etc. But otherwise - yeah - no rush to decide that very minute, other than creating tv drama.

Rumour has it production pays for the divorce if they say "No" on decision day. 

But, couples aren't allowed to get divorced until after the reunion airs. 

I'm thinking they might have changed the contract and stated 

1.) You get a bonus for saying yes on decision day

2.) Production will pay for your divorce if you break up before the final episode (reunion) airs.

So, couples have more incentive to stay together after the eight weeks. 

That's the only way I can comprehend why Mark the Shark and Katina decided to say "Yes". 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I’m several days late to this.  
I’m okay with  Jasmine and Michael being willing to continue off-camera.  It may or may not work, but they are willing to try. 
Now I’m watching O and Katina.  For goodness sake, he’s got 1950 In 2022.  Except he wants her to bring the bacon home too. If she can’t cook, then He should cook.  He is  all about her meeting his needs, and making  him happy 24/7.  Which is impossible.  What about her needs and her happiness?  

• Love 7
(edited)
On 5/13/2022 at 1:42 PM, cardigirl said:

There were three for three when the show was in Chicago.  Only one couple lasted, Ashley and Anthony.  The other two imploded pretty quickly. 

I’m pretty sure one of them stayed married for nine months and never had sex; they were in separate bedrooms on the show and there was not a second of chemistry of any kind between them. I can picture then but can’t remember their names - he lived in a more exurban area and she was in the city, she had dark hair and he was fairer.

13 hours ago, watchingtvaddict said:

Rumour has it production pays for the divorce if they say "No" on decision day. 

But, couples aren't allowed to get divorced until after the reunion airs. 

what do you mean by “allowed?” Meaning the show won’t start the process until after the reunion has aired? Because if they’ve said they’re splitting on decision day, the jig is up.

Edited by Empress1
On 5/13/2022 at 9:39 AM, Elizzikra said:

I don’t know but I still count Chris and Alyssa as a divorce, so no grand slam for the experts. In fact, that was such a mismatch of epic proportions, I’d count it twice.

It’s still a diamond at the molecular level and I believe, indistinguishable under a microscope, from an old-fashioned, created in nature, diamond. It’s just grown in a lab, under controlled (and much faster) circumstances, than a diamond that nature created over however many hundreds of years it takes to create one. I don’t know if Noi would care as long as the resale value is equivalent. Speaking of… I think that resale engagement rings are never really worth their retail value. They’re kind of like cars that way; they lose a big chunk of their value once you walk off the lot with it. She’s probably better off keeping it as a pretty bit of bling even if they do split.

"Lab-created" is another, fancier way of saying "costume jewelry." Depends on what one really wants. 

• Love 1
On 5/13/2022 at 1:42 PM, cardigirl said:

38 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I’m pretty sure one of them stayed married for nine months and never had sex; they were in separate bedrooms on the show and there was not a second of chemistry of any kind between them. I can picture then but can’t remember their names - he lived in a more exurban area and she was in the city, she had dark hair and he was fairer.

Yes, as I said, they all said yes on Decision Day, but only one couple is still together. I believe Chicago was season 5 and seasons 2, 3 and 4 had been such disappointments, with no one working out, I suspect the couples were encouraged to say yes on decision day just to boost the show. 

Danielle and Cody were the surprise couple that said yes on Decision Day. But they divorced within a year. 

The original question was if there had ever been a season before with everyone saying yes. Chicago did have everyone say yes on decision day. Boston.2 had everyone still on the show say yes on decision day.  I don't count Alyssa and Chris, as they didn't make it to decision day.  

I've often stated that this show is entertainment, and very little of it is "real." It sure does generate a lot of discussions though! 

• Love 2
On 5/11/2022 at 7:42 PM, bref said:

I suppose Jasmina and Michael could go the route of Karen and Miles, who actually DID appear to get to know and like each other better once the cameras were off. Doubtful, though. 

That MIGHT be plausible if Jasmina had Karen’s personality & character, but - sadly - she does NOT. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, cardigirl said:

Danielle and Cody were the surprise couple that said yes on Decision Day. But they divorced within a year. 

They’re the ones I was thinking of that stayed married for some months but never had sex. I’m not sure they kissed, even. There was nothing there.

(edited)
On 5/11/2022 at 8:33 PM, Straycat80 said:

Mark is clowning on Lindsey on social media? This is confusing. They are fighting like a teenager couple. 

And we heard NOTHING about this complaint all season until now? Lindsey wasn’t one bit shy or sensitive about airing all Mark’s issues & inadequacies on national tv, but has a heretofore unvoiced problem with Mark’s social media. Classic. I call BS. More likely she’s not too happy with getting dragged on social media in general (her own fault), and Mark is a convenient scapegoat.

Edited by ChiMama
  • Love 2