Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E01: The Edge of Fashion

• Start Topic

Marlo hosts a high-fashion gala to introduce her business, Le’Archive, to Atlanta’s elite, but not everyone is buying what she has to sell. Drew gets an Olympic workout with her new friend, Sanya, and an epic runaround from her husband, Ralph. Sheree returns with an exciting update on her boyfriend.

Airdate: May 1, 2022

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, Axie said:

So disappointed to see that Ralph is back.

I know. I don't want to see another season of Drew and Ralph's dysfunctional relationship.

The vibe is much lighter this season; I hope the ladies don't overdo it on the drama. Sanya seems okay so far. Kenya's shade is relatively lighthearted, but already relentless.

Maybe Marlo and Sheree can work together to produce a single fashion show WITH fashions AND models AND a clear purpose. I was hoping Marlo's spelling of Le'Archive was an intentional branding thing, but it looks like a mistake. I wasn't feeling the Muppet and Church Candy dresses, either. What's the point of having such costly clothing if it doesn't look good?

• Love 19
(edited)

I can’t believe Ralph is back and as a Joe Gorga jr. Meaning he’s all up in the ladies business. Have we ever seen a housewife getting cheated on in real time?  He’s disgusting and she’s an enabler. 

Edited by TV Diva Queen
  • Love 16

Ralph also has the strange habit of just showing up places he wasn’t invited.  He’s like a genie in a bottle.  Poof!  There’s Ralph!

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Maybe Marlo and Sheree can work together to produce a single fashion show WITH fashions AND models AND a clear purpose. I was hoping Marlo's spelling of Le'Archive was an intentional branding thing, but it looks like a mistake. I wasn't feeling the Muppet and Church Candy dresses, either. What's the point of having such costly clothing if it doesn't look good?

It is L'archive and not Le Archive, two vowels cannot  meet in French so you have to drop the first vowel and use the second one instead when you are writing or saying a word . Archive is feminine in French so we use La and not Le.

So La archive will become L'archive.. Marlo should have had somebody on her team do their research.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 6
  • LOL 3
  • Love 14

I thought the first episode was pretty good. Kenya looks great after her dancing gig. Marlos party was somewhat entertaining in spite of her mistake.
Drew’s going to do another season featuring her messy marriage. Why? She’s also going to get dragged for Dropping with Drew. 

• Love 12
(edited)

It bothers me that Drew can’t seem to recognize that she’s in an abusive marriage.

Also, did her baby ever get blessed?

Edited by nb360
  • Love 17
11 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

I know. I don't want to see another season of Drew and Ralph's dysfunctional relationship.

The vibe is much lighter this season; I hope the ladies don't overdo it on the drama. Sanya seems okay so far. Kenya's shade is relatively lighthearted, but already relentless.

The purpose was that they are costumes, not meant for daily wear.  

1 hour ago, nb360 said:

It bothers me that Drew can’t seem to recognize that she’s in an abusive marriage.

Also, did her baby ever get blessed?

Ralph is the gif that keeps on giving, dam ! They will be in counseling forever because Ralph is self-centered and doesn't think pass his penis. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, Axie said:

Drew needs Ralph to be present, no storyline without him. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
(edited)
12 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

What's the point of having such costly clothing if it doesn't look good?

That's what happens when you care more about labels and name dropping instead of focusing on fit and style. Who cares if it's tacky? It's Dior! Mary Crosby has the same issue. Her closet looks like a high-end department store, but she has no style. 

Ha, I like how the wheels started turning in Kandi's head about how Marlo was monetizing her business. I understand renting accessories, but the stylists there must have clients who are tall. Since these are Marlo's clothes, I'm also assuming that they can't be tailored to the client or can they? Probably not since it's a rental. It seems like a Rent the Runway type of setup. 

Fran Lebowitz's quote about Donald Trump being "a poor person's idea of a rich person," applies to Marlo as well. She thinks that this is how high society events are pulled off, and she tries to sound sophisticated, yet, her business name is misspelled. She's the person who tries to one-up everyone by using big words, but she uses them incorrectly and butchers the pronunciation. 

This was a good welcome back episode for Sheree. She had the zinger of the night about Marlo's strawberry candy dress. 

I hope that Drew gets the same sense that Ashley Darby finally got and dumps Ralph. It's one thing to not love someone anymore, but it's worse when the respect goes away. Ralph doesn't respect Drew. 

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 17

Wow Ralph is a shady SOB isn't he?  What a bunch of double talk about his "assistant" and avoiding answering Kandie's question as to his response.  If Drew cannot see he is a POS now, he will just keep doing it until she has had enough.  He is very disrespectful of his wife over an "assistant".  And Drew's concerns about him are not unfounded so he can get off his high horse.  He made it clear it's Drew problem not his.  Again what a POS.

And can someone explain to me the ladies are talking about when they refer to their "edges".  Is it the hair around their faces?  And what is up with the faux sideburns?  What am I missing?

Kanya looks fabulous.  That white dress she wore to Marlo's show was beautiful and look great on her.  She does dress better than most the ladies on this show.

Marlo what the hell?  I don't get the whole rent costume thing.  Only women that are her size can wear them.  Seems limited and not sure how that all works.  And why would anyone want to wear her costumes.......er.....I mean clothes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
35 minutes ago, gaPeach said:

And can someone explain to me the ladies are talking about when they refer to their "edges".  Is it the hair around their faces?

Edges : a term born in the black community, are the baby-hairs that grow on the perimeter of one's forehead

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, gaPeach said:

Wow Ralph is a shady SOB isn't he?  What a bunch of double talk about his "assistant" and avoiding answering Kandie's question as to his response.  If Drew cannot see he is a POS now, he will just keep doing it until she has had enough.  He is very disrespectful of his wife over an "assistant".  And Drew's concerns about him are not unfounded so he can get off his high horse.  He made it clear it's Drew problem not his.  Again what a POS.

And can someone explain to me the ladies are talking about when they refer to their "edges".  Is it the hair around their faces?  And what is up with the faux sideburns?  What am I missing?

Kanya looks fabulous.  That white dress she wore to Marlo's show was beautiful and look great on her.  She does dress better than most the ladies on this show.

Marlo what the hell?  I don't get the whole rent costume thing.  Only women that are her size can wear them.  Seems limited and not sure how that all works.  And why would anyone want to wear her costumes.......er.....I mean clothes.

Believe it or not, a lot of production companies shop in resale stores for costumes and cast clothing.  Depends on the production.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Edges : a term born in the black community, are the baby-hairs that grow on the perimeter of one's forehead

Ok I guess I just don't know why it is shade when one does not have the proper edges.  Speaking of which, the new one that is gold medalist winner has a VERY high forehead and no edges.  

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, gaPeach said:

Ok I guess I just don't know why it is shade when one does not have the proper edges.  Speaking of which, the new one that is gold medalist winner has a VERY high forehead and no edges.  

I think with expensive wigs especially you want it to look natural… so proper edges help with that  

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Except that "baby hairs" are a non-coily hair pattern many grow out of once they leave the infant stage, unless that's their natural curl pattern. 

Additionally, with the wholesale adoption of weaves and extensions, black women are being snatched bald headed, starting from their edges. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

3 reality TV insults to black women

You don't have edges - Implying you are bald and did not care and nurture your natural hair. Also infers you wear cheap wigs and glue and therefore it damaged your hair.

Yo momma - Self explanatory

That's why you don't have a man - Implying you are the problem and there are reasons a man don't wont you which diminishes your worth (to the other women not me)

Edited by Boofish
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6

If you are in the industry, Marlo's business model makes sense. These are beautiful editorial pieces probably mostly borrowed for fashion shows and videos. You don't take your chances and put a model in a $35,000 dress and she is correct - the sizing is on point for the industry.  At this point, it's clear that they just think they are more entertaining if they just insult everything and everyone no matter what but none of them have the personality or the natural wit to pull it off.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
24 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Cast chemistry is on point unlike with the OC.

And Drew is truly the Teddi of this franchise.

To me drew seems like a carbon copy of Toya from M2M foot in mouth just to much 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

I kind of like Marlos concept. Whether she sticks with it and tries to expand it has yet to be seen.

Same. Why sale it when she can continue collecting dividends or leave in a closet to collect dust. Its top 3 housewife business ideas to me. Rinna got a garage full of crap she could probably make good money.

Damn sure not buying food from French Roll 🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

I would like to know who edited last night's episode, because all of that shit was messy as hell!

• Showing Drew's "can you spot the differences" side-by-side with the text "25 lbs?!?!" across the screen
  • Bringing back the ghost of Porsha to taunt Kenya's ashy ass feet
  • Reminding us of the gobble exchange fight between Marlow and Sheree
  • The ladies questions why Sheree and Tyrone are celebate
  • So many others

tumblr_n2alf9RRV41rfduvxo1_500.gif

Ralph is so full of shit. He does nothing but lie every time he opens his damn mouth. Drew needs to get a clue and leave that man. 

run-will-smith.gif

I was looking forward to a renewed Kenya-Marlo friendship, especially since the chemistry between the 4 ladies at the top of the episode was so great, but it looks like that peace is going down real quick.

Definitely one of the more enjoyable premiers in a few years. 

• Love 21

One of my friends always reminds me of the one time we went shopping together and I commented that she shouldn’t buy a dress because it was wearing her.  When Kenya said it I snorted!

I also literally LOL’d at “Le Bay.”   How is this my life?  What is happening to me?

Oh, and were the cast paid to repeat tag lines from past seasons?  How dreadful!

• Love 10
7 hours ago, gaPeach said:

Did ya'll notice that when Ralph was talking to Ross that he did his best to make it look like Drew was a crazy jealous bitch who just could not stand having another woman around her man?

"I hired a woman assistant and Drew went crazy" He conveniently left out all the texting about massages.

Marlo did look like she had a bit of a glow up, she looked stunning in that short wig at the beginning of the show when she was visiting Kenya's dance rehearsal.

It was embarrassing when she was trying to emulate Paris with her event and seemed to not understand the basics about French grammar

I'm sorry Drew, you look about the same size as last season.

Kandi looked pretty good and more fit. However, she can't quit any of her million jobs to have sex with Todd because she has about 1,000 deadbeats that she has to support and that includes her mama.

• LOL 2
  • Love 16

I see Ralph and Drew are as shitty as ever. He is def cheating on Drew. They shouldn’t have been asked back and probably shouldn’t be married lol.

Drew’s business seems like a bunch of shit.

Marlo’s event was weird lol. The room seemed bare and it seemed low budget and chaotic.

Don’t miss Cynthia.

Kenya isn’t too bad so far.

Marlo is way too into herself. She thinks she’s some old money heiress or something. Making her a full time cast member might’ve been a mistake lol. We will see. She is entertaining so far with her delusions.

Lmao at le’bay.

• Love 15
14 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

I would like to know who edited last night's episode, because all of that shit was messy as hell!

• Showing Drew's "can you spot the differences" side-by-side with the text "25 lbs?!?!" across the screen
  • So many others

tumblr_n2alf9RRV41rfduvxo1_500.gif

Ralph is so full of shit. He does nothing but lie every time he opens his damn mouth. Drew needs to get a clue and leave that man. 

run-will-smith.gif

I was looking forward to a renewed Kenya-Marlo friendship, especially since the chemistry between the 4 ladies at the top of the episode was so great, but it looks like that peace is going down real quick.

Definitely one of the more enjoyable premiers in a few years. 

Kenya is just a  rude mean spirited girl and has no clue of how to be a good friend to anyone.  Porsha tried to warn Marlo last season  but now I am glad this is happening to her. Porsha was right about Kenya .The same way Nene tried to warn Cynthia about Kenya. Now both ladies see that Kenya is no one's friend. I am not a Nene fan but she was right about this.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
20 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Do we want them or not want them?  Also, that hair procedure that Marlo had done looked brutal.

• Love 5

Marlo living in that middle class townhome still pretending to be a rich bitch. Nothing wrong with the townhome except from Marlo we expect a castle. She's still posing. Somebody needs to call her out on her shit. I hope it's Kenya with her slick mouth. 

I don't think Sheree has anything going on as usual. Is she really still with the ex-con or is that just her storyline for the season? 

Todd has his own place in NJ and the sex is getting old and stale? Uh Oh. I see trouble in paradise.

Does Marc not want to sign the divorce papers just to get under Kenya's skin? He clearly doesn't love her and has no intention of ever getting back with her. 

• Love 14
6 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

Did they screw up Drew's before and after photos? It looked like before and before to me.

"Before and way before" (tm Sopranos)

4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Do we want them or not want them?  Also, that hair procedure that Marlo had done looked brutal.

They should have pixelated that!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Coincidentally I had lunch with my girlfriend who is a woman of color and very into hair and so I asked her to clarify edges and baby hair.

Edges of literally your hairline - and when hair has been abused for a long enough period of time the roots are damaged and so you don't grow hair on the edges. I think there are pictures of Naomi Campbell with her hair blowing and she has almost no hair on the front and around the airs. 

So far as I could tell there was some kind of procedure that Marlo went through which helped her grow the edges. Okay - so Marlo had actual hair transplants to grow hair on her edges like balding men do. Hence Kenya's shade regarding the "Bosley" treatment. 

Baby hair is more of a styling issue - it is when the wispy type of hairs at the front are styled with pomade into swirls and other pretty shapes. This is also done a lot with high end lace wig which is one of the advantages of a lace front wig. My friend said that baby hair is more of a young style but I don't know if that is just her personal thoughts.

I was thinking that perhaps Marlo deliberately named her business Le'Archive because you wouldn't be able to get trademark protection for L'Archive since it is an actual French word. Often businesses have deliberate misspellings so that they can trademark their business name.

I thought her clothing was archival material and there are businesses that rent vintage clothing. However I found it odd that she was planning to rent that YSL Muse Bag for $500 a day and I also thought some of her prices seem out of whack. 

Edited by amarante
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Was that the caterer used for the Marlo Retrospective?

No French Roll is how Marlo referred to Drew's hair and Drew is selling "healthy food."

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, amarante said:

Coincidentally I had lunch with my girlfriend who is a woman of color and very into hair and so I asked her to clarify edges and baby hair.

Edges of literally your hairline - and when hair has been abused for a long enough period of time the roots are damaged and so you don't grow hair on the edges. I think there are pictures of Naomi Campbell with her hair blowing and she has almost no hair on the front and around the airs. 

So far as I could tell there was some kind of procedure that Marlo went through which helped her grow the edges.

Baby hair is more of a styling issue - it is when the wispy type of hairs at the front are styled with pomade into swirls and other pretty shapes. This is also done a lot with high end lace wig which is one of the advantages of a lace front wig. My friend said that baby hair is more of a young style but I don't know if that is just her personal thoughts.

I was thinking that perhaps Marlo deliberately named her business Le'Archive because you wouldn't be able to get trademark protection for L'Archive since it is an actual French word. Often businesses have deliberate misspellings so that they can trademark their business name.

I thought her clothing was archival material and there are businesses that rent vintage clothing. However I found it odd that she was planning to rent that YSL Muse Bag for $500 a day and I also thought some of her prices seem out of whack. 

Glued down hair, excessively tight braids and heavy extensions on fragile hair are some of the common ways to lose edges.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 5/1/2022 at 8:23 PM, Axie said:

I am so sick of their marriage drama.  I just don't care enough about them to give a damn.  He's shady and she's delusional.  I was so hoping they would go away.  

I'm not impressed at all with this new lineup.  I think the only thing that would make me stick with this show is if they brought Phadrae back.  As it is, none of these bitches interest me; not even Sheree.  

Edited by swankie
Grammar
  • Love 5

I'm surprised Sheree got so little screen time.

However, I can do without Drew's husband and their marriage woes.

On second thought, Marlo's business may not be a terrible idea. Given the amount of people who rent luxury cars/houses for the sole purpose of flexing on social media, there may be a market for it.

• Love 2
On 5/2/2022 at 7:21 PM, luckyroll3 said:

• So many others

For me the winner was the giant blow up photo of the strawberry candy!

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, NotChristine said:

I'm surprised Sheree got so little screen time.

However, I can do without Drew's husband and their marriage woes.

On second thought, Marlo's business may not be a terrible idea. Given the amount of people who rent luxury cars/houses for the sole purpose of flexing on social media, there may be a market for it.

Also... lots of TV and movie filming in Atlanta

• Love 2
On 5/2/2022 at 1:25 PM, Hiyo said:

That's becoming a HWs wide insult, not just on RHOA and RHOP...

That is the part that makes me laugh. If that were said to me, I would find it amusing as I don't feel the need to depend on any man. If the HWs would ignore/ gloss over that sort of taunt, it wouldn't gain any traction. It's the HW's reaction that makes the expression an insult.

• Love 3
On 5/2/2022 at 6:55 PM, Marley said:

I see Ralph and Drew are as shitty as ever. He is def cheating on Drew. They shouldn’t have been asked back and probably shouldn’t be married lol.

I like Drew and I think she should be on the show, but only so we can watch her serve divorce papers on her idiot husband. And when she serves him the papers, she should say "and this is how communication works."

• Love 5
On 5/3/2022 at 9:19 PM, Iguessnot said:

Glued down hair, excessively tight braids and heavy extensions on fragile hair are some of the common ways to lose edges.

Yes anything that causes continual abrasion or tension on hair will cause permanent hair loss. It also happens when women wear very tight pony tails or buns which pull on hair continually like ballet dancers or Jojo Sliwa.

• Love 2
On 5/2/2022 at 3:55 PM, Iguessnot said:

Except that "baby hairs" are a non-coily hair pattern many grow out of once they leave the infant stage, unless that's their natural curl pattern. 

Additionally, with the wholesale adoption of weaves and extensions, black women are being snatched bald headed, starting from their edges. 

Are you Black?  I'm not really feeling the generalization of "Black women are being snatched bald".  Women of any race are subject to hair damage if overdoing it with extensions, dyes, weaves, etc.

• Love 1