Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E01: The Edge of Fashion

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, Talented Tenth said:

Are you Black?  I'm not really feeling the generalization of "Black women are being snatched bald".  Women of any race are subject to hair damage if overdoing it with extensions, dyes, weaves, etc.

Of course I am. It's one thing to just damage the hair. But it's disheartening to see fellow Black women destroy their follicles (snatching themselves bald) with their current hairdo procedures.

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

Of course I am. It's one thing to just damage the hair. But it's disheartening to see fellow Black women destroy their follicles (snatching themselves bald) with their current hairdo procedures.

I think the issue is more black women do stuff with their hair that can cause damage than white women. Most of the white women I know don't wear wigs or have extensions or have braids. White women damage their hair by over processing it with bad bleach jobs but that fries the hair more than it causes hair loss along the hair line specifically and that fried overly processed look is prevalent. 

Of course there are certain styles like tight pony tails which if worn every day like a ballerina does will cause hair loss.

After menopause many women start losing their hair but that tends to be an overall thinning with random bald patches and isn't related to over stressing the hair but to the increase in the proportion of male hormones. Of course the joke is that the hair on the head travels to the chin at that time.

Also I have read that that WOC often have more delicate than typical Caucasian hair and thus has to be treated more gently and so it is more susceptible to damage.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Chalby said:

I like Drew and I think she should be on the show, but only so we can watch her serve divorce papers on her idiot husband. And when she serves him the papers, she should say "and this is how communication works."

If only that would actually happen. It would be awesome. 

He is so emotional abusive and manipulative. Reminds me way to much of my ex, it freaks me out. 

It is disheartening to keep watching so many women on the RH franchises caught in dysfunctional and degrading relationships. I really hope to see one of them break free and not repeat the cycle.

I am hopeful that Kenya will break free from her cycle, based on things she said.

I just want one of them to do so because it would give hope and encouragement to many women.

• Love 4
On 5/2/2022 at 6:44 PM, Chatty Cake said:

I kind of like Marlos concept. Whether she sticks with it and tries to expand it has yet to be seen.

Same! I actually got what Marlo was trying to do and the business acumen behind it but I also got what Kenya was saying about the finishing touches. I wish those two worked together because that business would be mint.

• Love 3