Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: Saturday in the Park

• Start Topic

(edited)

A little boy that plays Jack is perfect. I liked the dynamics but it seemed very rushed and it never did seem like anyone arrive to that party. Some of it seemed a little contrived. I thought everyone not seeing Jack was a bit much too and that Jack could leave the house with people inside and outside and no one noticing but he was so adorable I just didn’t care. 
As usual Toby and Kate both made valid points but her brothers always outnumbered poor Toby. I did like how Randall had Kevin stop his immature reactions to everything especially Madison. I doubt she’s going to accept a ring this early but we will see and I still wonder when Sophie is going to contact Kate or  ViceVersa.. I feel bad the woman Kevin repeatedly has said is the "love of his life" in his time capsule, "his right arm he wants back" the only woman he told he loved, he brushed off in fear, now he will see at Kate's wedding. Since that is in 2 wks, how will they FF those episodes? So confusing.

Edited by debraran
  • Love 12

The correlation  between the big green egg and Jack's head scar does not make sense.  It had nothing to do with the big green egg. I would have said more the fact that his parents were always arguing and couldn't get their crap together.
I agree with Kate in regards to the leak. As soon as their finances were better, Toby should have arranged a fix for the leaky roof. I also agree that Toby didn't accept the fact that Jack will always be blind and that they need to make him independent instead of coddling him at home. (gah. I hate agreeing with Kate).
I gotta admit, little Jack was so cute. 
I didn't really care about the past scenes but drunk Rebecca was funny.
Madison is moving way too fast with douche Elijiah. It's not going to work out.
And no future scenes. Blah. Show you suck.

• Love 22

Little Jack is so adorable! "It's Saturday!"

I kinda love the babysitter. "I don't like you!" "Well, I don't care."

Little Jack showing Rebecca his shoes. 💗 Rubber boots are for muddy puddles. 

Beth couldn't watch both kids at the same time?

Several cars passed by and didn't notice a toddler with a walking stick trying to cross the street all alone?

So he didn't get hurt on the Egg at all. Poor little guy.

"What's wrong with Mommy?" "Two fluffy ducks and a dirty banana." 😄🍹

Why is Rebecca filling out paperwork at the hospital and not one of the child's parents?

Can we please go back to putting fully enclosed sleeves on our clothes?

So Toby left the gate unlocked and Kate left the door unlocked. And Kate took even longer than Toby did to realize he was gone. 

"You are losing your mind right now." Yeah, that'll help. But the brothers should stay out of it.

"Randall is out here an obnoxious amount of times." lol. Interesting that Kate wasn't his first thought to be his emergency contact, being that she actually lives there (though all things being equal, I'd probably pick Randall, too).

1 minute ago, LexieLily said:

I love that Rebecca was the one to find Little Jack. 

And that she was the one to even realize where he went (I knew she would notice the boots were missing). Kate takes him to the park every Saturday, he knows Saturday is the day they go to the park, he was upset that they weren't going to the park that day, and it didn't even occur to her to look there? Even when Rebecca ran by saying he was at the park, she just kind of stared after her, dumbfounded.

2 minutes ago, debraran said:

Did they say where Jacks sister was and I missed it?

When Toby was looking for someone to watch Jack so he could help move the bed, he opened Hailey's door and Beth was holding her. Why he couldn't leave Jack with her, too, I don't know. I'm sure Beth is capable of watching two small children at once.

• Love 24
1 minute ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Huh? Kate is the one in the house all week - she could have called a plumber at any time.                

She should have, but that would have upset Toby.  For as much as people complain about Kate being sensitive and flying off the handle over the smallest thing, Toby is the same way.  Kate calling a plumber would have had Toby going off on her about how she doesn't think he's man enough to do a simple home repair.  They had that fight last season.

• Useful 3
  • Love 19
5 minutes ago, Eureka said:

He speaks really well for his age. My kids didn’t speak as clearly at two years old. 

I'm sure the actor playing Jack is at least 3 if not 4.  Child actors tend to be older than the characters.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

She should have, but that would have upset Toby.  For as much as people complain about Kate being sensitive and flying off the handle over the smallest thing, Toby is the same way.  Kate calling a plumber would have had Toby going off on her about how she doesn't think he's man enough to do a simple home repair.  They had that fight last season.

But she said she'd asked him to call a plumber - I took that to mean after the repair with his dad. Kate just can't take responsibility for anything.

• Love 21

I NEED a "Little Jack Saturdays in the Park" TV show!!

Rebecca was acting more high than drunk

Glad the green egg didn't explode or something like that, I was kind of scared

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

And how long exactly have Madison/Elijah been dating? Does he really want to marry her or does he want to insert himself as a permanent person in Madison/the twins' lives over Kevin?

Kevin said it was six months (when he was telling Randall about it in the car).

2 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

And honestly, if Kate is home all the time and Toby is in another city, Kate should take care of the house. Toby shouldn't be calling plumbers from San Francisco. I mean, he could, but Kate is literally right there.

And she's the one who would have to be there to let the plumber in, so why wouldn't she be the one to schedule the appointment? Does Toby have a calendar of all her daily errands and park outings?

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, DoubleUTeeEff said:

It is weird that adult Jack thinks that was the incident that broke them up though. I mean, why would they tell him that? It seems like it would lead to him blaming himself for his parents marriage ending.

Honestly, seems exactly like the thing they would say under their breath to/around him over the next five years and it will cement into his memory. You think Kate isn't going to be resentful about this? Any time Jack points out the scar, oh well that was the day your dad left the gate open... 

• Love 22
1 minute ago, DoubleUTeeEff said:

It is weird that adult Jack thinks that was the incident that broke them up though. I mean, why would they tell him that? 

Right? It's not like he's old enough that he'll likely remember it. My earliest memories are from when I was four, and there aren't that many of them. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, weightyghost said:

Honestly, seems exactly like the thing they would say under their breath to/around him over the next five years and it will cement into his memory. You think Kate isn't going to be resentful about this? Any time Jack points out the scar, oh well that was the day your dad left the gate open... 

While conveniently leaving out the part that she left the door unlocked or that she was too busy nagging at Toby to move the mattress (why couldn't she move it with Miguel or at least watch over Jack while Toby moved the mattress).

• Useful 2
  • Love 18
3 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Right? It's not like he's old enough that he'll likely remember it. My earliest memories are from when I was four, and there aren't that many of them. 

Some people remember being 2.  I distinctly remember pretending a dried blob of paint a kitchen wall was a doorbell!  I also remember going to an eastern medicine doctor and having some sort of herbal bandage out on my neck (it stank). 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Yeah, it's ... not really that cute. My parents would have been furious. I remember instances where my brother and I were badly behaved (nothing like locking anyone in a bathroom, just bratty) with sitters and my parents were angry about it. Also, locking her in the bathroom is dangerous for them - the former babysitter in me is thinking, "if there were an actual emergency and she's locked in the bathroom, badness."

Right.  They should have been punished.  What if the house had caught on fire?  Even if the kids were able to get out, the babysitter was trapped.

• Love 19
9 minutes ago, AuxArx said:

So the kids got forgiven and snuggled up in bed after locking the babysitter in the closet because they were protecting each other? If I’d done that to a babysitter, my parents would have sent me to my room after giving me a huge lecture about respect.

But but but . . . you're not a Pearson and your father wasn't St Jack the Holy.

• LOL 13
  • Love 4