Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: Saturday in the Park

• Start Topic

40 minutes ago, CdrJanny said:

We know they were separated at least 11 years after Jack's death, because Beth showed Rebecca how to connect on Facebook when Tess was born on 2008.

I think Milo mentioned in an interview that Jack was born in 1944. He was 36 (1980) when the triplets were born, and died when they were 17 (early 1998) when he would have been 54. Did we ever learn how old Rebecca was when they got married or when the triplets were born? Was it ever mentioned how long they had been married before she had the triplets?

If she is 70 in 2022, than she was 8 years younger than Jack. That would make her 46 when he died, and that would mean that she was alone for 14 years before she married Miguel. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Aloeonatable said:

I think Milo mentioned in an interview that Jack was born in 1944. He was 36 (1980) when the triplets were born, and died when they were 17 (early 1998) when he would have been 54. Did we ever learn how old Rebecca was when they got married or when the triplets were born? Was it ever mentioned how long they had been married before she had the triplets?

If she is 70 in 2022, than she was 8 years younger than Jack. That would make her 46 when he died, and that would mean that she was alone for 14 years before she married Miguel. 

Rebecca was born in 1950, which made her 30 when the triplets were born.  That was considered old back then.

My son was born in Dec 1982 when I was 28.  My hospital records termed me an "elderly primapara" or old first-time mother. I was mightily offended.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

Yes, I thought maybe Jack's memory was flawed, as many children's memories are (and adults, as well). Actually, I rewatched the FF scene from the beginning of E3 when we first see Jack with the Big Green Egg. He says to his girlfriend(?), "Every once in a while the smell hits me and takes me right back to that day." Then we see him remembering and hear Toby saying, "Don't get too close, buddy," then Jack crying, then Kate calling out "Jack!" We're led to infer that there was an accident with the BBQ when he was a child, but does Jack actually think there was? He doesn't say anything to contradict the facts that we learned from the latest ep. Is there another FF where he says more about it?

There has not been another flash forward when he spoke about it.  I have to think someone must have told him at some point what happened that day to cause his scar.  Though obviously it is pure Pearson to keep around some highly symbolic reminder of trauma.

My son was born in Dec 1982 when I was 28.  My hospital records termed me an "elderly primapara" or old first-time mother. I was mightily offended.

How odd.  I was under the impression that term was only used for first time mothers 35 and older.  I wasn't aware of it ever being used for first time mothers under 30, and Google indicates that the average age for a first time married mother in the early 80s was about 26.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

no doubt the marriage is done.  neither of them has any respect for the other.  but I lean more toward team Toby.  I cringed every time Kate opened her mouth and said something to him.  when he came into the kitchen and found her laughing with Kevin, I think he was most hurt that she could laugh with Kevin but not him.  In his mind, he's trying to be a good husband.

from the episode where she whined about swimming and Jack and Rebecca coddled her to the one where she didn't even try to get over the fence, she's learned playing the victim is her best card and the one that is always rewarded as it was tonight.  She and Toby were having a fight....there was no reason for the brothers to interfere.  Toby had just as many valid points as she did and yet the brothers acted like he was mercilessly attacking her for no good reason.   

Edited by watch2much
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, cardigirl said:

I'm close to 70, with no chronic or acute health issues (knock on wood), and I probably can lift more than Kate (or the actress). I hate when people treat me as frail. I completely understood Rebecca's frustration at not being allowed to help with anything. 

Also, I've known plenty of women who constantly bark at their husbands to take care of whatever is stressing them out at the moment. I don't know how they stay married, but they seem so entitled to me, to just be ordering their husbands around like servants, and then unhappy when they don't perform as they think they should. And expecting everyone to agree with them. It's really hard to watch.  

One example: I was explaining to a group of work friends that I had to add windshield washer fluid to the car before driving home (it was a slushy day). One woman snorted derisively and said she didn't even know where to put the fluid, and she had her husband for that. She always reminds him that he needs to "get on that" when it gets low.  👀🤔

That's why I think there is so much feedback against Kate. She seems unreasonable. And Toby is trying to figure out how he got the role of being the person making everything wrong. It's certainly why I have trouble sympathizing with her.  

I have two friends who don't even put gas in their own cars.  "That's a husband's job." One says she "doesn't know how." Here in CA where I live, all gas stations are self-service.  I don't know what they will do if they ever find themselves without a husband.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, CdrJanny said:

Rebecca was born in 1950, which made her 30 when the triplets were born.  That was considered old back then.

Wow, both my daughters started their families late. One was 36 and the other 41 at their first child's birth. They had their second ones at 40 and 43!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

For all the talk about how Toby supposedly stomped all over Kate’s boundaries since the beginning of their relationship, and has made everything all about him, I just have to ask:

Didn’t Randall do the exact same thing to Beth? Pursue her even though she initially didn’t want a relationship, take the wheel and made all the big choices like quitting his job, adopting Deja, running for council, moving to Philadelphia despite the strain it caused between them? Or have we all decided to forget the details of that storyline in season 3?

Yes,I remember, and that's one of the reasons I don't like Randall.  He still thinks his way is the only way, and everytime he seems near to having to get to a place of minor humility, he detours around it (still bitter that his therapy never got into some of his deeper control issues).

• Love 9
3 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

It reminds me of something my mom said once, "Parents die. Partners can, too, or leave. Kids grow up and have lives of their own. But the one gift you have from cradle to grave is your siblings."

Honestly, after seeing this codependent bunch, I’m glad I was an only child!

• LOL 12
  • Love 3

Yes, they were both to blame for this, but Toby took responsibility.  Kate did not.  She just jumped on him for the umpteenth time.  Teaching a blind toddler how to open a door is not "good parenting" or whatever the hell she tried to say.  It's irresponsible.  He's not going to be locked in his bedroom forever.  What happens when they're hanging in the living room and Hailey needs something from the kitchen and Kate just moseys out there?  Jack could easily open the door and leave.  but it would still be Toby's fault.

Kevin and Randall (mostly Kevin, of course) butting into the fight was wrong.  If he was being abusive, that's one thing.  But they were just yelling at each other and truly, Toby didn't even say anything that bad.  Kevin just didn't like the tone.  Guess what, Kevin?  I didn't like your tone.  Stay the fuck out of other people's problems, especially when you were a contributing factor.

Kinda creepy of Kevin to go into Madison's bedroom looking for Elijah.  What if he was doing something creepy with Madison's underwear?

When Toby came in after they were laughing about the doll, why didn't Kate just say "We were laughing at the doll" first thing instead of  'Ha, ha, nothing, really."  Then Kevin wouldn't have opened his big mouth and made it worse.

Hold on. When Kate left the front door unlocked she was under the impression Jack was in his room with his room door locked. We have to take this also into consideration.

I don't agree with this at all.  If you have toddlers, let alone special needs toddlers, you make sure your front doors are locked.  Hell, I did this up until my kids were around 10 because I had a sleepwalker and I was petrified he would end up outside.  It was surely a pain in the ass for us, but it was better for me to be inconvenienced than something happen to my kid.

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

I have two friends who don't even put gas in their own cars.  "That's a husband's job." One says she "doesn't know how." Here in CA where I live, all gas stations are self-service.  I don't know what they will do if they ever find themselves without a husband.

It's fine, I guess, if that's what works for them, but what bothers me is when I'm though less of for knowing how to do things for myself.  LOL. How 1950s of them.  😜

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

That's my sister, to a T.  When she was still working and going on short trips to conferences, she always had a co-worker or even one of her daughters drive, in case she needed to get gas.  And my brother-in-law is as chauvinistic as St Jack.

2 minutes ago, madmax said:

Kinda creepy of Kevin to go into Madison's bedroom looking for Elijah.  What if he was doing something creepy with Madison's underwear?

The thought did cross my mind.

What? 

• LOL 6
1 minute ago, cardigirl said:

It's fine, I guess, if that's what works for them, but what bothers me is when I'm though less of for knowing how to do things for myself.  LOL. How 1950s of them.  😜

Ha, don't get me started.  One arrives home from work, hands the keys to her hubby and tells him to go fill up her car.  She couldn't stop on the way home?  But as you said, whatever works for them. Luckily they have husbands who are so accommodating.

29 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

Also, at first I thought it was weird for Toby to say that they couldn't afford to call a plumber

Kate was like “I told you to call a plumber when it first started leaking” and Toby said they couldn’t afford to call a plumber then. He was unemployed then. That’s why he and his dad patched it up.

29 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

And I LOVE hearing little children laugh like he was on the swing.

I used to live near an elementary school and my favorite thing about it & working remotely was hearing the kids play and laugh.

11 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

Do they not drive alone, ever? I guess they make sure they’re not close to E if they do. (I actually get annoyed if I find myself in NJ where it’s full service because by the time the person comes over to me, I could have started pumping already.)

13 minutes ago, watch2much said:

In his mind, he's trying to be a good husband.

And I have to say, in the previous episode when he said “what am I doing that’s so wrong? Trying to buy my family a nice house?” I get it. 

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

There has not been another flash forward when he spoke about it.  I have to think someone must have told him at some point what happened that day to cause his scar.  Though obviously it is pure Pearson to keep around some highly symbolic reminder of trauma.

Was the scar on his head?  Because he did get stitches after his fall at the park.

2 hours ago, cardigirl said:

One example: I was explaining to a group of work friends that I had to add windshield washer fluid to the car before driving home (it was a slushy day). One woman snorted derisively and said she didn't even know where to put the fluid, and she had her husband for that. She always reminds him that he needs to "get on that" when it gets low.  👀🤔

There is very little I know how to do on a car, but the washer fluid is one I do know. It's really not hard to find once you open the hood.

2 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

I think either Kate gave audio back to the pound and Toby hasn't noticed yet, or Neighbor Gregory is feeding Audio because Kate's too busy with Jack Jr and Hailey, and he's made next door his new home.

I like the thought that Audio is happily snoozing next to Gregory on his couch.

2 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

Thanks! I think I was so focused on how much I hate that song that I completely missed that.

I've been humming that damn song all day.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, watch2much said:

no doubt the marriage is done.  neither of them has any respect for the other.  but I lean more toward team Toby.  I cringed every time Kate opened her mouth and said something to him.  when he came into the kitchen and found her laughing with Kevin, I think he was most hurt that she could laugh with Kevin but not him.  In his mind, he's trying to be a good husband.

from the episode where she whined about swimming and Jack and Rebecca coddled her to the one where she didn't even try to get over the fence, she's learned playing the victim is her best card and the one that is always rewarded as it was tonight.  She and Toby were having a fight....there was no reason for the brothers to interfere.  Toby had just as many valid points as she did and yet the brothers acted like he was mercilessly attacking her for no good reason.   

Why did Kevin and Randall butt in during Toby's and Kate's argument? He was not abusing her, it was between a husband wife. I am sure the writers "kvelled" over how the big three bonded and came to each other's rescue but it played out as totally obnoxious.... 

• Love 18
21 minutes ago, CdrJanny said:

Whoa.  My mom was 30 when she had me in 1979.   I never asked her if anyone referred to her as “old.”  

Just now, ams1001 said:

There is very little I know how to do on a car, but the washer fluid is one I do know. It's really not hard to find once you open the hood.

I mean, it's not hard. So I don't get why anybody wouldn't want to know basic maintenance. I haven't yet learned how to change my own oil though. 🤣

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

I'm sure their husbands would be lost without them as well.  I have met a few men who need a wife to remind them to brush their teeth every day, put on clean underwear every morning, shower at least 3 times a week, etc.  Their mothers never taught them how to keep a house, clean, do laundry, etc.  It goes both ways.

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, CarpeFelis said:

Honestly, after seeing this codependent bunch, I’m glad I was an only child!

Hahahaha... I am sure the writers thought we would all be crying over how they all stuck up for Kate but it backfired. TeamToby! 

• Love 12
19 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I love that Rebecca was the one to find Little Jack. 

For five years this show has done an incredible job with all of the forward-flashes but I really feel like they shot themselves in the foot by showing Kate getting remarried in the five-year flash, whether or not it was to Phillip Mean Jerk. It cast a shadow over Kate and Toby's storyline this entire season so far and it's making it uncomfortable to watch when we know how it ends. Especially when it says so much that Toby is on one side of the yard against the three Pearsons.

The more this show tries to frame the impending divorce as Toby being the 'bad guy', the less I enjoy it.

I hate to break it to the show, but if the whole "Pearsons banding together" angle was supposed to get me to side with the Big Three, it's not happening.  Kate's only thing about San Francisco is that SHE doesn't want to.  That's it, even though it makes the most sense for their marriage right now.  Toby doesn't want to lose his marriage, and Kate is throwing it away.

All of that about confidence and such with Jack is actually true, but he can also be confident in SF.  People move for jobs and marriages all the time.  Kate's behaving like it's the end of the world.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

I'm one of 6 and we all got out of the house at one point or another as toddlers. Because life happens and I'm not going to call someone an idiot for making a mistake, my mom included. 

Two of my friends both have sons who escaped the house as two-year-olds and ran buck naked down the street.  In both cases it took a couple of neighbors to corral them.

3 hours ago, himela said:

The incident with Jack was a chain of events that STARTED with Toby leaving the gate open. I don't want to say he is at full fault here but he did make the first tragic mistake. A mistake he had also made a few hours earlier btw.

The incident with Jack was a result of the chain of events that started with Kate and Toby procreating.

1 hour ago, CarpeFelis said:

I’m sure this is what the writers intended. But after such a chaotic and traumatic day, even a mentally sharp person would probably be rattled enough to forget some details. What struck me, though, was that it didn’t seem to occur to her to use her phone as a reference for items like the name and number of Jack’s pediatrician, which she should have had stored in her contacts since she and Miguel babysit. Even on a perfectly calm and normal day, if I have to fill out a medical form I need to look up my doctor’s phone number, pharmacy’s phone number, etc., and pull out my insurance card for the insurance details. (Rebecca probably wouldn’t have a copy of Kate and Toby’s insurance card, but should have stored a picture of it on her phone in case of emergency.)

Call them old-fashioned, but my parents and in-laws have my kids' medical/insurance on a piece of paper stuck on the fridge.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

My mom doesn’t know how to put gas in the car. Most places around her were full service until pretty recently and when they’re self service, my dad does it. I keep telling her I will show her how but she lives 700+ miles away so not much opportunity. My dad also pays (like physically makes the payments) all the bills, even though I’m sure my mom could do it, she never has in their 52 years of marriage. Just a couple of the things my husband and I worry about as they age.

4 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I'm sure their husbands would be lost without them as well.  I have met a few men who need a wife to remind them to brush their teeth every day, put on clean underwear every morning, shower at least 3 times a week, etc.  Their mothers never taught them how to keep a house, clean, do laundry, etc.  It goes both ways.

Oh, I am sure this is at least partially true.  I've met the husband of the one co-worker who scoffed at me putting in my own windshield washer fluid. He's a great guy.  I think he may just turn a deaf ear to 90% of her noise, in an effort to survive. She can insult him all she wants, he doesn't react to it.  🤷‍♀️  It works for them.  LOL. 

Maybe if Toby were less reactive to Kate's criticism, they would stand a chance. 

13 minutes ago, Eureka said:

My mom doesn’t know how to put gas in the car. Most places around her were full service until pretty recently and when they’re self service, my dad does it. I keep telling her I will show her how but she lives 700+ miles away so not much opportunity. My dad also pays (like physically makes the payments) all the bills, even though I’m sure my mom could do it, she never has in their 52 years of marriage. Just a couple of the things my husband and I worry about as they age.

My cousin had to show my uncle how to write a check after my aunt died.  They'd been married almost 40 years, and, in all that time, he hadn't done it even once.  He worked full time and my aunt was a SAHM who occasionally worked part-time in retail, etc, mainly for Christmas money.  A lot of married couples have a division of labor that works for them.

However, on this show, Tobey is spending the majority of his time hundreds of miles away from LA.  Kate expecting him to hire a plumber for her was a bit much.  When we saw the ceiling in the present day, it appeared there were water stains and peeling paint.  It would also take a massive amount of water flowing to take down the ceiling unless the masonry was already saturated from an ongoing leak.  Hard to believe that the leak just started that day.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, hookedontv said:

Just one important question:

Where the hell is Audio?

Audio was a really cute dog, but maybe he felt like his cuteness was overshadowed by the awesome adorableness of little Jack, so he moved in next door with Gregory!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
26 minutes ago, Eureka said:

You just reminded me of my mom. She knew how to put gas in the car, but I can recall a number of times back in the ‘70s when there was a service station attendant filling the tank. She was a penny pincher and thought that if they topped off the tank it would be wasted money (like the extra would evaporate or something? I don’t know, maybe it would). But EVERY DAMN TIME her exact words to them would be “fill it until it clicks off”. And I kept telling her what she needed to say was “don’t top it off”, because they didn’t seem to get what she meant and would top it off every time. She never listened to me. (She definitely had her own, very odd way of expressing herself. Many years later she kept referring to my GPS as a “little talker”, no matter how many times I told her what it was called. Maybe she just enjoyed pissing me off.)

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, madmax said:

LOL. Given that he’d left the door open, that was unlikely. But it did look initially like he was either snooping through her stuff or looking for something to steal. I figured he was looking for a ring to size, just as it turned out.

• Love 2
(edited)

I continue to loathe Toby, but that doesn’t blind me to the fact that he wasn’t the only one making mistakes in this marriage. I also do not see any retconning of his character. 

Edited by pennben
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, AuxArx said:

So the kids got forgiven and snuggled up in bed after locking the babysitter in the closet because they were protecting each other? If I’d done that to a babysitter, my parents would have sent me to my room after giving me a huge lecture about respect.

20 hours ago, MissT said:

Little Jack was cute!!!     But I'm so over Toby and Kate.    Can we get on another story line!!!!!

19 hours ago, nasir jones said:

I think I would’ve been okay with Toby putting his foot in Kevin’s ass on the front lawn. Kate doesn’t need protecting. 

Because it can not be said enough, Tiny Jack is adorable. He has a voice like a sweet little squeaky toy.

I knew someone that married a man with 4 sisters and he was the only son. Their marriage ended after 3 years because she was never the most important woman in his life. He always placed his mother and his sisters well above her.

I feel that way about Kate her priorities are as follows:

1. Little Jack (understandable, he should be the main priority).

2. St. Jack (no one will ever compare to him)

3. Kevin- I remember in the first season, Kevin said that people will eventually think that he and his sister are a married couple because they have such a codependent relationship and do not seem to be able to bond with anyone else.

4. Randall

5. Toby

I think now that Kevin has the children of his dream he really would not mind spending the rest of his life co-parenting with his sister and they can raise all the cousins together along with the exes.

I hated that Toby had no one in his corner. It sucks when your own family does not care for you and you marry into a tight-knit codependent family. You always feel ganged up on.

I also feel like Randall and Kevin think Toby is not good enough for Kate because they are so used to seeing her being pampered and indulged by their father.

Weird random question.

Why does Kevin not have any friends? Wasn't he the popular one?

• Love 12
(edited)
2 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Because it can not be said enough, Tiny Jack is adorable. He has a voice like a sweet little squeaky toy.

I knew someone that married a man with 4 sisters and he was the only son. Their marriage ended after 3 years because she was never the most important woman in his life. He always placed his mother and his sisters well above her.

I feel that way about Kate her priorities are as follows:

3. Kevin- I remember in the first season, Kevin said that people will eventually think that he and his sister are a married couple because they have such a codependent relationship and do not seem to be able to bond with anyone else.

4. Randall

5. Toby

I think now that Kevin has the children of his dream he really would not mind spending the rest of his life co-parenting with his sister and they can raise all the cousins together along with the exes.

I hated that Toby had no one in his corner. It sucks when your own family does not care for you and you marry into a tight-knit codependent family. You always feel ganged up on.

I also feel like Randall and Kevin think Toby is not good enough for Kate because they are so used to seeing her being pampered and indulged by their father.

Weird random question.

Maybe Kevin doesn't trust people who aren't family.  Besides the situation with Jack, maybe he was stalked by some crazed fan at one point.  Could also explain his woman issues.

Edited by PRgal
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Leeds said:

Two of my friends both have sons who escaped the house as two-year-olds and ran buck naked down the street.  In both cases it took a couple of neighbors to corral them.

One of my brothers was an escape artist at 2. When he had his tonsils out the nurses had to put a lid on his crib because he kept climbing out and going down to the play room.

Another time he waited until my mother went to the basement to do laundry, got out of bed (wearing nothing but his diaper), found a bucket in the kitchen, turned it upside down and climbed up on it to open the little hook lock on the screen door. One of the neighbors from across the street caught him wandering around and brought him home. 

Jack deciding to hit the swings on his own didn't surprise me a bit.

1 minute ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Yes: Totally! I would like to know the name of the song they played at the end, it made me cry.

I looked it up, Halleluiah by Haim.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Also, I hate to say this but probably one of the reasons that Kate wants to see Jack live a limitless life is because it was selfish for her to have a biological child when was at such an unhealthy weight.

She just had to have a biological kid just to pass down St. Jacks's amazing genes (alcoholism and greasy hair).

I remember when she was complaining to Madison about not being able to be in bed all day while pregnant because she is such an active person (rolls eyes).

It is not even about the weight because many overweight people are quite active but that is not Kate.

• Love 13
(edited)
24 minutes ago, qtpye said:

She just had to have a biological kid just to pass down St. Jacks's amazing genes (alcoholism and greasy hair).

ROTFLMAO!!!

ETA: Alcoholism, greasy hair, and Pearson Speechifying.

Edited by CarpeFelis
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, qtpye said:

In high school, but that was a lifetime ago and he took a pretty different life path than the rest of their class - married at 18, tried acting instead of college. (I posted about this in a different thread but I forget where.) I have friends but only one is from high school, and I actively cut ties with my "best friend" from then (she was a bad friend). It doesn't surprise me that Kate only has one friend either, for a lot of reasons. I would expect Randall and Beth to have college friends and be at least friendLY with their kids' friends' parents though and I think that will come for Kevin and Kate too when their kids get older.

Kevin is in a superficial business so he may have people (agent, manager, etc.) but  few friends. I think that's probably true for a lot of actors. Plus in general it's harder to make friends as you get older.

• Love 4

When Toby walked in on Kate and Kevin laughing, he wrongly assumed they were laughing at him, but they were talking about him,  and it was mocking, on Kevin's part, and whiny criticism on Kate's. It's not crazy that he was suspicious. 

• Love 9

2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Do they not drive alone, ever? I guess they make sure they’re not close to E if they do. (I actually get annoyed if I find myself in NJ where it’s full service because by the time the person comes over to me, I could have started pumping already.)

Geez, I've lived in New Jersey almost all my life and I've never really taken a long road trip alone (or in my own car); I lived in PA for a year but I was so close to the NJ border that the cheapest and most convenient station was full-service (I went to college further away but I didn't have a car there) ...and even I know how to pump gas. I've done it exactly once. An old boyfriend showed me how once on a trip to Maryland, and about five years later I went to a friend's wedding in Rhode Island and had to stop in Connecticut on my way home. I read the instructions on the pump and filled my tank. Not hard.

1 minute ago, gonzosgirrl said:

When Toby walked in on Kate and Kevin laughing, he wrongly assumed they were laughing at him, but they were talking about him,  and it was mocking, on Kevin's part, and whiny criticism on Kate's. It's not crazy that he was suspicious. 

Also, Kevin said he was trying to cheer Kate up, and since they had been arguing it was a logical assumption that he was the reason she needed cheering up in the first place.

• Love 10

Can't believe he got out of that house at age 2 much less in some scene he using his cane and then just running across the street without it.  Also that the Pearson's were on the first time out in six years after the triplets were born.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

I love the Pearsons for the same reasons. It reminds me of something my mom said once, "Parents die. Partners can, too, or leave. Kids grow up and have lives of their own. But the one gift you have from cradle to grave is your siblings."

Siblings can also die or leave

• Love 3
(edited)
18 hours ago, Marley said:

Kate is such a dumb bitch. Fuck off show. Oh poor Kate. Let’s pity that miserable bitch she’s just so innocent. I just dislike Kate so much.

Lol, you shouldn't hold back,  tell us how you really feel. 

18 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

No wonder the Big 3 turned into obnoxious adults, when they were rewarded for being obnoxious children, As others have pointed out, they should have been reprimanded for locking the babysitter in the bathroom, not rewarded. And even if Rebecca was too drunk to know that they put themselves and the babysitter in danger by doing so, Jack should have known and acted accordingly. And all because the babysitter called Kate a Chatty Cathy, and told Kevin to go to sleep. The horrors. 

I guess the big three were way ahead of the curve in understanding that words are violence!  Imagine the horror of being called a Chatty Cathy!

11 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I think she was supposed to be the stereotypical shitty 80s babysitter.  The one who takes the job for the money and doesn't care about the kids.  She took the phone in the bathroom to hide and talk to her friends on the Pearson's dime.  She was upset that the kids were not going to sleep because that's what they are supposed to do so she can eat all the food and talk on the phone until the parents came back.

I know,  she was really not earning that dollar or so an hour teen babysitters were getting back then😂

10 hours ago, Artsda said:

I did like the scene on the lawn if big 3 with Randall in front with Toby's "there it is" comment. I like siblings unified like that.

Could not disagree more.   I am firmly in the camp that believes the family you create should take precedence over the family you were born into. 

6 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

As people get older, they tend to give less of a crap about what they say and lose their filter. 

Cue many of my aunts,  friend's mothers,  etc. gleefully revealing they were pregnant when they got married in the old days😂  Virgins my ass.

2 hours ago, cardigirl said:

I mean, it's not hard. So I don't get why anybody wouldn't want to know basic maintenance. I haven't yet learned how to change my own oil though. 🤣

I had a boyfriend back in the 80's who insisted on changing my oil because,  you know,  masculinity and all.  It took forever with him underneath the car and needing a jack and having to properly dispose of the oil, I seriously would have way rather paid the 19.95 at Jiffy Lube😂

Edited by mansonlamps
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

feel that way about Kate her priorities are as follows:

4. Randall

5. Toby

And I guess poor little Hailey is the Kevin of her family

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
Just now, Crs97 said:

And I guess poor little Hailey is the Kevin of her family

I was talking specifically about the men in Kate's life but Hailey should obviously be a priority.

However, in the flash-forwards, we learned that Kate has two beautiful perfect adults so we do not have to worry.

• Love 1

Late to the party - keeping it short. Little Jack was adorable. Rebecca and Miguel deserved better - so did Beth. The Randall-Kevin scenes were good. Randall was the least annoying of the big three but given that their toxic codependency was sky-high in this episode that's not saying much. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, peeayebee said:

I'm surprised I didn't remember this when I watched the ep, but when my special-needs son was about 7, he got out the front door, which had been locked and chain-locked. And I think he had climbed up on the couch arm next to the door to reach the chain. 

Yes, they were both frazzled, and they were both into pushing each others' buttons. I mean, when Toby walked in on Kate and Kevin laughing, he assumed they were laughing about him. Kate could have easily said right then, not later, that they were laughing about the Rebecca love doll. But she wasn't of the mind to respond civilly to Toby, and he was primed to be ridiculed.

I admit I've been more on Toby's side these past several eps, but he did himself no favors in this one. And honestly I completely forgot about when he "fixed" the leaky pipe in the ceiling. Also, at first I thought it was weird for Toby to say that they couldn't afford to call a plumber. He's making good money right now. So I think there were two explanations: 1) he was making a weird point about how things would be if he were to quit his current job, and mainly 2) he felt some guilt about being away from home so much and wanted to show he could take care of things.

Oh man, thanks for making me LOL.

Someone here suggested it may have been an ad-lib from the little actor, which makes sense. He also may have been told what to say but misspoke. 

OMGosh, yes. I was trying to imagine how I'd be feeling if we hadn't seen the FFs. 

Good word play! Yes, I thought maybe Jack's memory was flawed, as many children's memories are (and adults, as well). Actually, I rewatched the FF scene from the beginning of E3 when we first see Jack with the Big Green Egg. He says to his girlfriend(?), "Every once in a while the smell hits me and takes me right back to that day." Then we see him remembering and hear Toby saying, "Don't get too close, buddy," then Jack crying, then Kate calling out "Jack!" We're led to infer that there was an accident with the BBQ when he was a child, but does Jack actually think there was? He doesn't say anything to contradict the facts that we learned from the latest ep. Is there another FF where he says more about it?

I'm going to echo everyone's reaction to little Jack. Absolutely adorable. All his little conversations and reactions were so perfect. And I LOVE hearing little children laugh like he was on the swing.

I thought everything with Rebecca getting drunk was ridiculous. First off, it was stupid for her to even want to order every different drink that the waiter listed. I know she wanted to celebrate, but to order all different kinds of liquor was just asking to vomit later. Since the plot required her to get drunk, she could have just ordered a few of one fancy drink. Second, as much as I enjoy Mandy Moore's performance in TIU, I thought she was an unconvincing drunk. 

Now, about the Pearson kids locking the babysitter in the bathroom. The worst. No, maybe the worst was how Rebecca reacted. "We're raising our children to be caring adults!" Uhhhhh. Bratty Kevin bugs me. I guess the babysitter could have handled things differently, but the kids' response was inexcusable.

I hated how Randall and Kevin came to Kate's "defense." They needed to butt out.

Randall: Well this party blew. 😂

This on everything.  I believe Toby was referring to the previous time the ceiling leaked and his father helped him.  That was when they didn't have extra money to call a plumber.  Dad got it patched up with a warning, and then I believe it went on the to-do list and was soon forgotten because life went on.

• Love 5
(edited)
8 hours ago, CdrJanny said:

Any parent who has had a toddler open the door and go outside while the parent was unaware (asleep at 6:00am?) would think it a bad idea.

I never showed my 3-year-old son how to unlock the dead-bolted front door, but he figured out how so he could ride his trike up and down the dead-end street while I was still asleep on Saturday.  I had to have a lock installed at the top of the door that even my 5 foot self found hard to reach and unlock.

In our family, that’s called a Casey lock. My sister had her grandkids stay overnight when they were 5 and 2.  The 2 year old got up early and opened the door leading into the garage, went into the car and used the garage door opener on the visor. Then he took Maggie the dog and her leash and went for a walk. Walked out of the cul de sac  and crossed the main road in the subdivision to another section. A woman driving along saw a little boy wearing only a diaper and cowboy boots and stopped to check on him. Maggie (the leash was in Casey’s hand but not attached to her collar) wouldn’t let anyone get near him. All Casey could tell them was “I walk ‘Aggie.”  Sheriff’s office was called. My sister drove up on all of them and had the deputy come back to her house to make sure she wasn’t a drug addict or something. 

No one blamed my sister but she did put locks at the tops of her doors. 

Edited by Runningwild
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3