Type keyword(s) to search

S26.E12: After the Final Rose

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, SallyAlbright said:

For those who watch Joe Millionaire, how does this work? Do they both date the same guys, or is the group somehow split in two? What if they each have the same favorite guy? 

In Joe Millionaire they both dated the same girls until numbers got down lower and the women were asked if they preferred one, the other or still weren’t sure. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

well thank you guys for answering my questions, and it was fun watching this but i don't think ill be watching anymore. i really just wanted to see how this ended out and it didn't even end out satisifactorly (Clayton still got whom he wanted - for now). and Rachel  whom i thought was done  an hour ago is willingly going to go through that again?

That doesn't seem like fun to me.
(but if i change my mind. hopefully y'all won't mind my snark!)

• Love 10
Just now, DEL901 said:

In Joe Millionaire they both dated the same girls until numbers got down lower and the women were asked if they preferred one, the other or still weren’t sure. 

Oh wow! Thanks for the info, I feel like that could get really awkward! 

• Love 2
Just now, SallyAlbright said:

For those who watch Joe Millionaire, how does this work? Do they both date the same guys, or is the group somehow split in two? What if they each have the same favorite guy? 

On Joe Millionaire they dated the same girls and eliminated the least favorites.  When they got down to about eight the girls picked if they wanted to date one or both of the guys.  There was only one girl they both wanted and there wasn't much drama in regards to that.

I would guess they're together until hometowns.

• Love 6

They need to pick better bachelors.   They need to stop with the failed football players with poor speaking skills.   It’s too boring and the women are only interested in self promotion and seeing cool cites and cool beaches.   Get an educated successful established guy, one worth fighting for.  

• Love 21
1 minute ago, meatball77 said:

On Joe Millionaire they dated the same girls and eliminated the least favorites.  When they got down to about eight the girls picked if they wanted to date one or both of the guys.  There was only one girl they both wanted and there wasn't much drama in regards to that.

I would guess they're together until hometowns.

Thank you! I guess it will at least be something new, this show could use a shake up...

• Love 1

Maybe they alternate handing out the roses after a combined decision. They better clear it with each other about the fantasy suite expectations so the other isn’t offended with sharing. Or maybe they’d be ok with 3somes and orgies. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Edited by dizzyd
  • LOL 4
9 minutes ago, SallyAlbright said:

Yeah, they’ll date the same guys—but they (and the guys) will eventually split into their favorites. But on JM, there were a couple of women that they both liked and that liked them both close toward the end. it was at the final date territory that the one who the millionaire actually chose decided she liked him more—up until that point she had been undecided between the two. The worst I can see happening is if a guy proclaims to be falling for them both! After what they went through, I bet they’ll immediately boot anyone who pulls that!

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 7

I genuinely don’t know if I can keep watching this show anymore. Celebrating the two of them getting together after what he put Gabby and Rachel through is disgusting. It’s perpetuating and excusing borderline (if not actual!) abusive behavior and it’s so, so gross.

Oh, and way to be copycats, show. Jumping on Joe Millionaire’s coattails there. It looks like the girls didn’t know, which is weird. When do they start filming?

• Love 5

Bad bad ending.🤮
I agree with everyone who's saying the ending was scripted and fake. Maybe ABC didn't want their show to end in such a disasterous way. Having Susie change her mind doesn't change what he did - it only makes her look really bad too.

Double bachelorettes sounds like fun! I think R and G are close and may be able to handle it well. But I hope they don't have double hosts again. I didn't like the girl hosts creepy snooping through the guys luggage and peeking from behind bushes.

• Love 4

Hindsight thoughts:  Susie always intended to take him back, but she wanted him to suffer and understand she would walk away if he acted up again.  There’s no way that last rose ceremony in Iceland was so short.  She told him she still loved him. I’m sure she said more than that.  

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Hindsight thoughts:  Susie always intended to take him back, but she wanted him to suffer and understand she would walk away if he acted up again.  There’s no way that last rose ceremony in Iceland was so short.  She told him she still loved him. I’m sure she said more than that.  

Yeah, he was SO understanding. Didn’t even give her a hard time.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Amy Beth said:

Yeah, he was SO understanding. Didn’t even give her a hard time.

…or claim to be broken.

Instead he “quit” his job, sold his condo and moved to her neck of the woods.   He is definitely on his best behaviour.  

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, SallyAlbright said:

I think this is an unpopular opinion, but I like Jesse as the host. He's low key but feels professional and more like the classic type of host. I like Tayshia but can't stand Kaitlyn and the way they hid and giggled and gossiped about all the arrivals on night one always bugged me. With two leads, I feel like the show will need Jesse as more of a professional presence or it could have turned into feeling like a slumber party. 

Anyway, haven't seen much positive talk about him so just wanted to give him a little shout out, I thought he did a decent job tonight. 

I agree.  I think those two worked for covid lockdown season but Jesse was just more professional.  I think that maybe Rachel would work as a good female host.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Melonie77 said:

Can anyone please tell me why I have a yellow box around my post? TIA

First unread post.   Next time you look, another post will have the yellow box. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

The only time the Bachelors seem to actually stay together with their chosen one is if there is something that reframes their relationship so it's not about the rest of the girls.  I think that girls just can't get over the guys sleeping with other girls and being all romantic with them like guys can and I think it makes the dynamics between the two fairly unhealthy. 

The girls who were dumped at the final rose and then made a choice to start a relationship again had relationships that worked (Jason and Molly) and then those who didn't get physical with everyone (Shaun and Catherine).

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

There’s no way that last rose ceremony in Iceland was so short.  She told him she still loved him. I’m sure she said more than that.

IMO, that rose ceremony was fake and totally scripted. When does a guy take a ring out of his pocket and show the woman the box, then put it back in his pocket. WTH does that even mean.

This was all set up for their glorious reunion at ATFR and all aimed to save Clayun's ass from being roasted all the way through. Yeah, he was given his repentant scripts. And note they still are not "engaged." Well, unless I missed something while trying to block this dreck season out of my mind.

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, SallyAlbright said:

I think this is an unpopular opinion, but I like Jesse as the host. He's low key but feels professional and more like the classic type of host. I like Tayshia but can't stand Kaitlyn and the way they hid and giggled and gossiped about all the arrivals on night one always bugged me. With two leads, I feel like the show will need Jesse as more of a professional presence or it could have turned into feeling like a slumber party. 

Anyway, haven't seen much positive talk about him so just wanted to give him a little shout out, I thought he did a decent job tonight. 

While I was meh about him on his season (remember when a plane ticket or someone offering her room key were shocking?) Jesse Palmer is the host I never knew I enjoyed watching. Slightly older, mature, calm, and much better looking than when he was the lead. I was surprised to be so low key happy to hear that he was coming back.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, meatball77 said:

The only time the Bachelors seem to actually stay together with their chosen one is if there is something that reframes their relationship so it's not about the rest of the girls.  I think that girls just can't get over the guys sleeping with other girls and being all romantic with them like guys can and I think it makes the dynamics between the two fairly unhealthy. 

The girls who were dumped at the final rose and then made a choice to start a relationship again had relationships that worked (Jason and Molly) and then those who didn't get physical with everyone (Shaun and Catherine).

2 minutes ago, PBnJay said:

IMO, that rose ceremony was fake and totally scripted. When does a guy take a ring out of his pocket and show the woman the box, then put it back in his pocket. WTH does that even mean.

This was all set up for their glorious reunion at ATFR and all aimed to save Clayun's ass from being roasted all the way through. Yeah, he was given his repentant scripts. And note they still are not "engaged." Well, unless I missed something while trying to block this dreck season out of my mind.

We never heard the whole letter.  Maybe this was proposed to her in the letter.  Save face on camera but then take time in private to determine if you want to give it a chance.  

• Love 3

@SallyAlbright
I agree that Jesse did a good job.
I was very upset when Chris left. Now that I know there's no chance he will be coming back I would love for Jesse to host all the bach shows. He has been more professional than anyone else they've had since Chris.

• Love 8

I always liked Susie. She was first one to walk out away and choose herself. I still respect that.  If she wants to give it a shot after what ever happened after taping stopped with him I wish her the best. 

Gabby alone should have been bachelorette she killed it this episode and last week too. 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, kazza said:

While I was meh about him on his season (remember when a plane ticket or someone offering her room key were shocking?) Jesse Palmer is the host I never knew I enjoyed watching. Slightly older, mature, calm, and much better looking than when he was the lead. I was surprised to be so low key happy to hear that he was coming back.

He is a much better host than Kaitlyn and Tayshia, and dare I say Chris Harrison too. I like him a lot.

• Love 8
50 minutes ago, SallyAlbright said:

Thye both started out with the same group. But they  both gravitated towards certain ladies.  There was no pitting the guys against each other.  I enjoyed it mostly because of their bromance.  

there was also no icky fantasy suite.  They were there to find someone and start a relationship.

Edited by Diana Berry
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Gabby alone should have been bachelorette she killed it this episode and last week too. 

Already seeing a lot of that sentiment on social media and I feel bad for Rachel. This is why the two lead concept worries me, people will inevitably have a favorite and then put down the other (not what you are doing, I just mean the general audience). Gabby is more outgoing and obviously "fun" than Rachel so I'm afraid some of the fans will compare them and decide Rachel is boring/ugly/whatever. I like them both and hope that doesn't happen. They are both really pretty and have good jobs and seem like nice people. I thought it was really cute to see Rachel with Gabby's grandpa at the end.

• Love 4

Did Gabby's lips look a little bigger on this show than they did during the season?  I hope it was just makeup.  Or maybe I'm just kind of scared after seeing Clare and Cassie.

49 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Because no one really expects that the producers aren't going to find a way to turn this into a them pitted against each other shit show, right?

I very seriously doubt it was Clayton's decision to break up with Gabby and Rachel together because even he's not that dim, and I found it interesting that that was such a bone of contention for both Gabby and Rachel, and he just took it.  I guess he's happy enough with Susie that he doesn't need to defend himself.  Or he doesn't want to breach his contract.

So I wouldn't put anything past the producers and honestly find it hard to believe that people continue to trust them enough that they go on the show. 

43 minutes ago, Bluesky said:

Get an educated successful established guy, one worth fighting for.  

He seems like a lunk, but according to ABC's website he has a degree in health science (whatever that is) with a minor in business and Spanish.  So he's educated, all appearances to the contrary.

Wait--I just looked it up and his BHS is for, among other things, people who want to go into medical sales.  Who knew.  I thought people in medical sales just kind of fell into that job.

Slightly off topic--I hate it when somebody rubs my skin in a small area like Rachel's father was doing to her mother's shoulder.  About once a year, I remind Mr. Outlier that if I'm ever lying in a hospital bed and unable to communicate PLEASE do not do that. 

• Love 12
55 minutes ago, SallyAlbright said:

I thought Jesse did a great job this season, and I'm very relieved he'll be hosting The Bachelorette instead on Tayshia and Kaitlyn. To me, they seemed more intrusive in the process than the hosts should be.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
12 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I very seriously doubt it was Clayton's decision to break up with Gabby and Rachel together because even he's not that dim, and I found it interesting that that was such a bone of contention for both Gabby and Rachel, and he just took it.  I guess he's happy enough with Susie that he doesn't need to defend himself.  Or he doesn't want to breach his contract.

A lot of us here have mentioned  that too...I got the impression he was in a hurry to run off to Susie - but it could have been a producer ploy. It was just a strikingly thoughtless move.
I noticed in a commercial for Jimmy Kimmel's upcoming show that he also mentions Clay-Man breaking up with two women at the same time! Jimmy blasted him last night too. Clayton really made a bad impression this whole season.

10 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

I thought Jesse did a great job this season, and I'm very relieved he'll be hosting The Bachelorette instead on Tayshia and Kaitlyn. To me, they seemed more intrusive in the process than the hosts should be.

Wait, I think I missed this....did Jesse say he was going to be back to host the Bachelorette? I thought if he was confirmed to be back it was for the Bachelor?

• Love 1

OK, I think I have an idea for how the double bachelorettes could work.
First of all they should have a larger group of men!

The first night the girls greet the limos together and then circulate during the cocktail party as usual, each picking their own person to receive a first impression rose.

They then meet together privately to choose which men will be eliminated. Each girl is responsible for choosing half of the men who will be sent home and they make sure neither one eliminates one that the other has some interest in.

They hold the first rose ceremony alternating calling out names. The names they each call out doesn't necessarily mean that one girl alone is interested at this point.

The show then proceeds to hold several episodes with group dates which both girls participate in together. This allows them to get to know the men.

Next - the 2 girls pick their "teams" like captains in a gym class!🤣 They alternate picking the men they each like one at a time until the men have been divided between them.
Each girl will individually date the men in her team/group ONLY for the rest of the season. She can have one-on-one dates and group dates with the men on her team. The audience can follow the journey of both girls. The girls can share their experiences with each other.

At rose ceremonies each girl eliminates separately from her team of men.

Does this sound like it would work?
I know there could be problems if they both liked any of the same men... 
Maybe a man-switch could be allowed at some point during the season!🤣

• Love 4
1 hour ago, KenyaJ said:

I didn't know that!

@Melonie77 a Season of Joe Millionaire just aired and it had two "Joes".  One was not a millionaire, one was, and the women had no idea who was which.  Let's say there were 20 women (I have no idea how many there were).  The men got to know all the women but then eventually had favourites and would date them and would eliminate women as the weeks went on.  The contestants then dwindled all the way down to six.  Two that were crazy about Joe 1, two that were crazy about Joe 2, and two that were "undecided".

I firmly believe that the two "undecided" were just interested to find out who was really the millionaire, because how could they be undecided after all that time!

But I digress.  That format "worked" for the most part.  The Joes were basically in love with each other as friends so they didn't compete over the women and they didn't take it personally when one was "chosen" over the other.

FBOY Island also did this.  It had 3 women, and then a group of like 30 men who were all trying to get with them.  50% of the guys were fuckboys and 50% weren't and the women didn't know who was which.  Once again, the 3 women got along fabulously and never fought over the men, and eventually had their favourites they concentrated on.

Temptation Island also does this.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

I would love for Jesse to host all the bach shows

I would love for tonight's show to be "The Most Dramatic Close to a Bachelor Franchise Ever!"  Done.  Gone.  BUH BYE !! saturday night live comedy GIF

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

Maybe they'll fall in love WITH EACH OTHER. That would be the most shocking Final Rose ever. 

That would be awesome. Imagine the ratings. "Sorry guys, we are giving each other the final roses." 

Regarding tonight's ending....Susie was needed back to give this shitshow the semblance of a happy conclusion. But there's no way she's spending the rest of her life with that lug.  She'll do the talk show circuit to keep her face on tv in the short term, maybe do Dancing With the Stars, and then they'll jointly announce they've mutually decided to call it a day before she's announced as the next bachelorette. 

Edited by Hpmec
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

This reminds me of Chris Soules' barn proposal site which was so cold you could see people's breath.

I remember that.  When Chris told Becca he wasn't choosing her, her relief was almost palpable.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, Hpmec said:

Regarding tonight's ending....Susie was needed back to give this shitshow the semblance of a happy conclusion

Wouldn't the happy ending have ultimately been each woman rejecting this guy?

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, pennben said:

Wouldn't the happy ending have ultimately been each woman rejecting this guy?

Absolutely! But production must have wanted him to end up with someone because the days of this franchise being remotely honest are long gone. Production loves drama and has no problem manufacturing it. There was a script for this season and the cast merely followed it. 

• Love 3

Susie must have been promised *something* for "reaching back out" to Clayton, or else she's the biggest loser in this. It's obviously not the Bachelorette spot, so maybe it's a DWTS gig or a six-figure check like what Michelle and Nayte got.

I'm surprised that nobody in the audience was booing Clayton, and some people even clapped. They were probably incentivized to do so by production.

I don't like the concept of two Bachelorettes. TPTB are just looking for ways to manufacture more and more drama each season. They've dropped the pretense of helping people to "find love" and now they're just manipulating and humiliating everyone involved. As much as I enjoy the snark in this forum, I think I'm done with the franchise after this season.

• Love 10

Looking around online I saw some rumors that Susie may have taken him back/forgiven him for his temper tantrum due to manipulation from (lies told by) production...supposedly they told ClayMan that Susie wanted to be the bachelorette and that's why he suddenly turned angry and led her to the car.

Edited by Melonie77
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

"reaching back out"

Yep...yet another Bachelor Franchise Cliche`.

• Journey
  • Looking back
  • Like, like, like, like
  • Transparent
  • Watching back
  • Authentic
  • Reaching back
  •  ....   next ...

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

@Melonie77 a Season of Joe Millionaire just aired and it had two "Joes".  One was not a millionaire, one was, and the women had no idea who was which. 
That format "worked" for the most part.  The Joes were basically in love with each other as friends so they didn't compete over the women and they didn't take it personally when one was "chosen" over the other.

FBOY Island also did this.  It had 3 women, and then a group of like 30 men who were all trying to get with them.  50% of the guys were fuckboys and 50% weren't and the women didn't know who was which.  Once again, the 3 women got along fabulously and never fought over the men, and eventually had their favourites they concentrated on.

Temptation Island also does this.

Thanks, Ms Blue Jay! That sounds easier than what I proposed! I haven't watched any of those shows.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Artsda said:

I always liked Susie. She was first one to walk out away and choose herself. I still respect that.  If she wants to give it a shot after what ever happened after taping stopped with him I wish her the best. 

The way he verbally attacked her, yelling like that,  after only knowing her for a short while and a few dates was a major warning sign.   She accepted his claim that “ that wasn’t me “ or “that isn’t my character” too quickly.  Of course that was him and that’s his character.   

• Love 16
4 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Did Gabby's lips look a little bigger on this show than they did during the season?  I hope it was just makeup.  Or maybe I'm just kind of scared after seeing Clare and Cassie.

So I wouldn't put anything past the producers and honestly find it hard to believe that people continue to trust them enough that they go on the show. 

He seems like a lunk, but according to ABC's website he has a degree in health science (whatever that is) with a minor in business and Spanish.  So he's educated, all appearances to the contrary.

Wait--I just looked it up and his BHS is for, among other things, people who want to go into medical sales.  Who knew.  I thought people in medical sales just kind of fell into that job.

With saying they should get an educated bachelor I don’t necessarily mean multiple degrees.   I mean someone with intellectual curiosity, is interested in the world around him, has taken the time to lose slang and speak like an adult, to be so driven he’s succeeded in whatever he went for.  

There just seems like the last few bachelors had none of that.  And it’s starting to show the way the contestants never seemed all that taken with him.  Just blah. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Bluesky said:

There just seems like the last few bachelors had none of that.  And it’s starting to show the way the contestants never seemed all that taken with him.  Just blah. 

Agree. I think we're seeing the result of recycling contestants who signed up mostly for fame. If they went back to finding new Bachelors with their own achievements like in the early seasons, they might have better connections. My cynical side wonders if they (we) can ever go back to that more organic world, though, now that we've been attuned to the over-the-top drama.   

That said, I loved that at least 2 of the final 3 women didn't succumb to letting the lead get away with poor behavior and remained supportive of each other. Who knows, maybe backbone and loyalty will attract a stronger group of men next season too.

• Love 4