Type keyword(s) to search

S26.E12: After the Final Rose

• Start Topic

39 minutes ago, kazza said:

Agree. I think we're seeing the result of recycling contestants who signed up mostly for fame. If they went back to finding new Bachelors with their own achievements like in the early seasons, they might have better connections. My cynical side wonders if they (we) can ever go back to that more organic world, though, now that we've been attuned to the over-the-top drama.   

That said, I loved that at least 2 of the final 3 women didn't succumb to letting the lead get away with poor behavior and remained supportive of each other. Who knows, maybe backbone and loyalty will attract a stronger group of men next season too.

One word…ratings.  The producers assume the audience is more invested in the “journey” of someone they have already seen rejected but who deserves a happy ending.  

Here’s part of what Susie came back for. https://people.com/tv/bachelor-clayton-echard-susie-evans-are-in-love-photoshoot-exclusive/?    I don’t think she realized everyone would think she was an idiot.  

I sincerely hope that when he moves to be closer to her, he isn’t actually moving in just yet.  When he gets mad about something again, how will it be if they are living together?

Just now, silversage said:

Susie sure did most of the talking at the end. Clayton just sat there with a blank look on his face. Guess she's in charge...

She made him grovel and submit to public humiliation  to get her back.  He is very aware she will dump him if he steps out of line.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Honestly, I wanted Clayton to be left alone at the end of this. I don't think he's sorry about anything. In the end, he got what he wanted and this has always been about Clayton wants and needs.

Loving the two bachelorettes. Hope they make it so they won't be competing for the same guys and they can continue to support one another, but knowing this franchise, they'll have them in a cage match for their F2.

• Love 18
26 minutes ago, jackjill89 said:

Honestly, I wanted Clayton to be left alone at the end of this. I don't think he's sorry about anything. In the end, he got what he wanted and this has always been about Clayton wants and needs.

Loving the two bachelorettes. Hope they make it so they won't be competing for the same guys and they can continue to support one another, but knowing this franchise, they'll have them in a cage match for their F2.

Yeah, one thing he kept saying to Gabby and Rachel was, "i'm sorry you feel this way." Not just I'm so sorry for what I did. He was trying to take responsibility because he knew he had to but he wasn't really taking it .

One thing that doesn't make any sense is him telling the 2 of them that he was in love with them, but he couldn't marry them because his heart's not really in it. Then how are you in love with them? I think he needs an education on what it means to be in love with someone, because if he was with Rachel or Gabby, he would have been happy getting married to them. It wouldn't be Susie or no one. 

I also wonder if Susie didn't argue him sleeping with the other women and telling them he loved them, and she just was fine with it all... would he have still been as into her and chosen her? It seems like he just liked the chase and that drew him more to her. 

• Love 14

Weird.  I watched that four-minute clip above and I don't think Suzie said "like" even one time.  And even at the final rose, she expressed herself fairly eloquently without all the likes.  Where was that Suzie all season?  How did she manage such a drastic, like, change?

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Bluesky said:

The way he verbally attacked her, yelling like that,  after only knowing her for a short while and a few dates was a major warning sign.   She accepted his claim that “ that wasn’t me “ or “that isn’t my character” too quickly.  Of course that was him and that’s his character.   

Yes, it is a huge red flag.

I’ve been there, married it and escaped it. That was in 1991 and Clayton’s anger, gaslighting, nastiness brought back some memories.

I would have loved an ending with him ending up with no one. Susie taking him back makes be sad, she is worth more than that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
14 hours ago, thejuicer said:

He is a much better host than Kaitlyn and Tayshia, and dare I say Chris Harrison too. I like him a lot.

That was about the only good thing that came out of this season that I admittedly only watched maybe an hour of, lol. But yes, what I saw of Jesse, he's a really good host - funny, plays up the right amount of "concern" when necessary, engaged well with the lead and the contestants while keeping the right amount of distance. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

That was about the only good thing that came out of this season that I admittedly only watched maybe an hour of, lol. But yes, what I saw of Jesse, he's a really good host - funny, plays up the right about of "concern" when necessary, engaged well with the lead and the contestants while keeping the right amount of distance. 

Yeah, the thing with Kaitlyn and Tayshia was that they weren't hosts, they were giggly best friends having a slumber party. That's not their fault, that's the direction they were given, but it was too much (especially sneaking behind the bushes and laughing constantly.) I do feel like the host can come out a little more than Chris or Jesse did, but I think the amount Tayshia and Kaitlyn were shown was too much and took away from the lead. That being said, it must be a blow to their ego that not only was one man hired when the show felt the need to have 2 women hosting, but that he ultimately took their spot and they're likely not gonna be back as hosts again.

• Love 10

After everything we saw in this elongated farce of a finale, I am with Gabby: I don’t believe a word he (woodenly) said.

I am not able to discern Susie’s sincerity or the truth of her words. She did seem a bit flippant at times: “he’s mah boy friend”; “I love ya” but I will take her at her word 

As for Clay-brain, I wish I could give him the benefit of the doubt and wish The Happy Couple well. I do think they have a real connection, and they might have a good run. But, based solely on what we saw of Clayton this season, he has a lot more of that “personal focus work” he claims to have done; before he has any hope of making a relationship last. 

He says he didn’t set out to purposely hurt anyone, but his underlying immature nature came out and he couldn’t stand “not winning” so he channeled his Inner Salesman and felt compelled to sell himself to Rachel and Gabby even after he knew neither was his Endgame. 

I want to wish them well. But, my inner skeptic gives them six months; tops.

I pray Rachel and Gabby get their respective happy endings 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, DEL901 said:

One word…ratings.  The producers assume the audience is more invested in the “journey” of someone they have already seen rejected but who deserves a happy ending.

IF Suzie was really done with him on the fantasy suite date, why did she stay in Iceland and not go home then?

I do believe the producers scripted this entire ending!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Mocking Bird said:

My biggest takeaway from all this is at least I don't have to spend Monday nights wondering why Clay-un's parents neglected to get him braces for that awful under bite. 

Not every family had the money to do so.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

Wait, I think I missed this....did Jesse say he was going to be back to host the Bachelorette? I thought if he was confirmed to be back it was for the Bachelor?

I thought that's what he was saying, but I could've misunderstood. A terrible storm started right before the end and the satellite started cutting out, so things were kind of garbled. It might just be my wishful thinking!

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Rightside said:

IF Suzie was really done with him on the fantasy suite date, why did she stay in Iceland and not go home then?

She couldn’t leave until the show let her. The producers hold onto their passports, phones, etc.  Also, she had to stay until the end because if she came home before the other two it would have been a spoiler if she were seen out and about while the show was still filming% 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Rightside said:

What started out long ago as kind of a weird dating show with most of the contestants looking to find someone has devolved into a shitshow drama fest with a scripted ending. In the early seasons, the contestants were reminded that if they didn't feel compatible with the lead, they could leave. Now it is not at all about finding love. Rather, they're competing for the big paycheck that comes with being "the next bachelor or bachelorette." Gabby and Rachel were giddy at the prospect. Guaranteed, the script is already being written for their turn. Plenty of tears, cat fights, and, if they do "find love" on their "journey," it's guaranteed to be short lived and end in a stint on Dancing With the Stars. 

Edited by Hpmec
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Koalagirl said:

She couldn’t leave until the show let her. The producers hold onto their passports, phones, etc.  Also, she had to stay until the end because if she came home before the other two it would have been a spoiler if she were seen out and about while the show was still filming% 

Oh, I forgot about that! 

• Love 1

My unpopular opinion of the day: No one over the age of 5 should be called "Susie" on a regtular basis

Clayton & Susie are going to crash & burn so fast it isn't even funny

I like the idea of 2 Bachelorettes. Show needs something new. 

Rachel & Gabby are 2 attractive girls. I am happy they are not the kind who are trying to look like supermodels. They look and act like regular girls not mannequins.

• Love 10

Jessie was a great host, I must admit.  As the bachelor, I thought he was a baby-faced bore, but the years between then and now have served him well!  It will be much better to have a regular host instead of all the silly, time-wasting giggles of Tayshia and Kaitlyn.

As others have pointed out, where were all the "likes" last night?  Did all three women get the same memo?  If only Clayton had gotten the memo about his hair and not reappeared with his poodle bangs!

As for Susie, I hope she has people in her life keeping an eye on her because I can't imagine this ending well.  Gabby looked fantastic last night and she couldn't have handled Clayton any better.  She is a rock star!  Kudos to Rachel too, though not as eloquent as Gabby, she handed Clayton's BS right back to him with conviction.

This ending might have been scripted, but at least it was interesting.  It reminded me of the old days when we'd be in suspense waiting to see who would emerge from the first limo.  I'm also curious to see something new with Gabby and Rachel.  Hopefully, further work will be done to spare us from all the "likes" next season, but I don't think anything will make Gabby's and Rachel's voices bearable.  I might invest in a hearing aid to understand Gabby's mumbling and some tranquilizers to calm the cringe from Rachel's vocal fry.

Edited by Recyclorette
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

I was disappointed that Susie took him back.  For me, the best outcome would have been for him to end up alone because honestly, these girls all deserve better than that lunkhead.  Susie may think she "won" but Clayton is no prize and this relationship won't last.  

Even though Gabby and Rachel told him off last night, I thought he still got off easy for what he put them through.  If he was a decent person, he would have let them both go at the rose ceremony because he was broken and he knew he loved Susie the most at that point *eyeroll*.  Instead, he begged them both to stay and "fight", had them bond with his family further getting their hopes up only to dump them both at the same time to chase after Susie again.  Still can't believe she went back to him, having the benefit of knowing what he did to and with the other girls as well as seeing that nasty side of his personality when he turned on her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
21 minutes ago, neece26 said:

I was disappointed that Susie took him back.  For me, the best outcome would have been for him to end up alone because honestly, these girls all deserve better than that lunkhead.  Susie may think she "won" but Clayton is no prize and this relationship won't last.  

Even though Gabby and Rachel told him off last night, I thought he still got off easy for what he put them through.  If he was a decent person, he would have let them both go at the rose ceremony because he was broken and he knew he loved Susie the most at that point *eyeroll*.  Instead, he begged them both to stay and "fight", had them bond with his family further getting their hopes up only to dump them both at the same time to chase after Susie again.  Still can't believe she went back to him, having the benefit of knowing what he did to and with the other girls as well as seeing that nasty side of his personality when he turned on her.

I totally agree.  I just don't see how she could have gone back to him when she doesn't even seem to like him all that much, and it is clear he is just not a good person.  That said, I think she was faking it last night, as she definitely does not come off as in love or in like with him. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

So, for the last few month the producers have used Clayton as a punching bag, starting with the mean tweets up to having to sit there and listen to Gabby and Rachel tear strips off him.  And he deserved everything.  

But Susie has watched all this and still wants him?   Unless this is the ultimate revenge.  He has quit his job and sold his condo to move to Virginia with her.  How does he plan on supporting himself?   If he thinks he will get the lucrative DWTS gig…I think that’s more likely to go to Susie, possibly as payment for pretending to like Clayton.  

He desperately needs therapy to help him understand why he is so emotionally immature.    And right now, Susie is in the driver’s seat.  She has shown him she will walk away.  He is still in the dog house with her, I am sure.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, Bluesky said:

With saying they should get an educated bachelor I don’t necessarily mean multiple degrees.   I mean someone with intellectual curiosity, is interested in the world around him, has taken the time to lose slang and speak like an adult, to be so driven he’s succeeded in whatever he went for.  

There just seems like the last few bachelors had none of that.

That tells us something.  Sadly, "the Bachelor Nation" and any/all showbiz wannabees also need the type of education you describe.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, alexa said:
1 hour ago, neece26 said:

I totally agree.  I just don't see how she could have gone back to him when she doesn't even seem to like him all that much, and it is clear he is just not a good person.  That said, I think she was faking it last night, as she definitely does not come off as in love or in like with him. 

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and other Bachelor/ABC promises.

• Love 2

I hope Clayton gets dumped good and hard by Susie. He doesn’t deserve a happy ending yet. He has a lot of maturing he needs to do in the mean time. 
On the bright side, this should keep him off BIP, at least for now. 

The Bachelorette(s) should be good though. I was reading on the media thread that Gabby and Rachel are best friends. I hope this doesn’t end up in a friendship shitshow even though they’re not competing with one another.  I could see it ending sourly if one of them finds their guy and the other doesn’t not by their own choice. Tony and Grandpa Gabby need to screen them first. 

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

The Bachelorette(s) should be good though. I was reading on the media thread that Gabby and Rachel are best friends. I hope this doesn’t end up in a friendship shitshow even though they’re not competing with one another.  I could see it ending sourly if one of them finds their guy and the other doesn’t not by their own choice. Tony and Grandpa Gabby need to screen them first. 

One of the things that worked well in Joe Millionaire was how well the two Joes got along and became friends.  It actually meant that their choices were more thoughtful because they were counseling each other about what they were seeing.  They each had their own choices and didn't really have to defer.  Given how badly the last few seasons have been having 4 eyes may be a good thing.

• Love 14
18 hours ago, meatball77 said:

There was someone who didn't choose anyone in one of the early seasons, sent them both home.  One made them keep dating after the show was over before he'd make a choice.

1. Original recipe Brad Womack didn't choose anyone. It was glorious (of course I am not a Deanna fan, so enjoyed that)

2. Jerry O'Connell's brother kept dating 2 of them, and then made his choice at ATFR I think.

Did anyone else notice that amongst all the Bachelor alum and seated next to Shanae no less, it looked like Trish the "villain" from Jesse Palmer's season? Or am I seeing things?

• Love 1

That was such a hot mess. 

The only emotion Clayton showed all season was his anger towards Susie, which is so weird. I think he's kind of a douche, but if he's capable of learning, this is his moment to work on himself. If this isn't a wakeup call, then nothing will be.

He shouldn't be in a serious relationship with anyone.

That being said, Clayton brought on 98% of this himself, but I can have a tiny bit of pity for him in that I bet the show had no problem manipulating him. He's old enough where he should have had the maturity and gumption to make his own decisions ("You put both the girls in the same room and want me to dump them together? OK!") but I can only imagine how much they may have nudged him as well. He was simply too dim and immature to handle being the lead, and I'm sure the behind the scenes folks were thrilled at creating The. Most. Dramatic. Ending. Ever.

And if I'm being cynical, I honestly don't believe he and Susie are a thing. Yeah, he had a rough night last night, but for supposedly being back with the love of his life (ha) he sure looked less than happy, while she was way too over the top.

If they are back together, then...wow. Maybe she hasn't seen the last couple of episodes. I just don't know why she would agree to manufacture the "happy" ending, or go back to him. 

I felt bad for Clayton's parents. They know he's been a dick, and now he's been a dick on national TV.

I thought both Gabby and Rachel did well last night, but I'm not thrilled about the shared Bachelorette. 

I think Gabby will be an amazing anti-Clayton, and will try to minimize the BS, and control her own storyline, but I still think Rachel just seems too young. Gabby just seems way more mature and eloquent. 

And we know the producers will try to create drama. Sorry, but they will. But I wish them both well. It's rare for leads to come through quite as beloved as they were at the beginning, though I think Michelle was an exception, so there's hope.

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I hope Clayton gets dumped good and hard by Susie. He doesn’t deserve a happy ending yet.

He doesn't deserve any more media attention...anywhere.  It's funny (if true) that he quit his job and SOLD HIS CONDO to move to Virginia with Susie (she seems like a fairly good actress).

27 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

On the bright side, this should keep him off BIP, at least for now. 

I don't watch that show (rarely-rarely watched The Bachelor), but SURELY there is NOTHING that will keep these shame-famewhores OFF Bachelor in Paradise...not court orders, criminal charges, contagious diseases, etc.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

This season has been an absolute hot mess, and not in a fun way, but it might have all been worth it to hear Gabby absolutely dragging Clayton, and polishing it off with the simplest and yet most awesome rejection in Bachelor history. That "no" dripped with so much utter contempt and disgust, it was amazing. That it was sweet Gabby with her cute girlish voice reading him for filth made it all even better. 

I was truly hoping that Clayton would end up alone, I kept thinking of that Willy Wonka meme as Clayton stood there all alone after Suzy left him. "You get nothing! You lose! Good day to you sir!" The most charitable interpretation of Clayton says that he is extremely immature, quite dim, and too self centered to be even close to ready for a real relationship. At this point though, he really just seems like an asshole who doesn't care about anyone but himself, a complete idiot and dickhead with a nasty temper and a serious lack of empathy. I wish Suzie had stayed the hell away. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 17
33 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

This season has been an absolute hot mess, and not in a fun way, but it might have all been worth it to hear Gabby absolutely dragging Clayton, and polishing it off with the simplest and yet most awesome rejection in Bachelor history. That "no" dripped with so much utter contempt and disgust, it was amazing. That it was sweet gabby with her quite girlish voice reading him for filth made it all even better. 

I was truly hoping that Clayton would end up alone, I kept thinking of that Willy Wonka meme as Clayton stood there all alone after Suzy left him. "You get nothing! You lose! Good day to you sir!" The most charitable interpretation of Clayton says that he is extremely immature, quite dim, and too self centered to be even close to ready for a real relationship. At this point though, he really just seems like an asshole who doesn't care about anyone but himself, a complete idiot and dickhead with a nasty temper and a serious lack of empathy. I wish Suzie had stayed the hell away. 

I wish I could give this whole post a hundred ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

• Love 2

I am not sure I will be able to sit through "The Bachelorettes."  What with Rachel saying "LIKE" every other word and Gabby's low, whispery voice.  

Oh, to be a fly on the wall when Susie realizes Rachel and Gabby are going to have their pick of men, while she is stuck with the unemployed, unattractive doofus.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

I thought that's what he was saying, but I could've misunderstood. A terrible storm started right before the end and the satellite started cutting out, so things were kind of garbled. It might just be my wishful thinking!

Regarding Jesse hosting the Bachelorette... if he said it during the show I too missed hearing it but apparently he will indeed be doing so.
However they are not starting until July. I wonder if that means no Bach in Paradise? I enjoy BiP for some bizarre reason so hope they will still fit it in!🤣

Here's an article I found on this news:
‘The Bachelorette’ Season 19 Moves to Summer With Returning Host Jesse Palmer
https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/the-bachelorette-season-19-premiere-date-jesse-palmer-host-1235206185/

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

If he thinks he will get the lucrative DWTS gig…I think that’s more likely to go to Susie, possibly as payment for pretending to like Clayton.  

Hmmm. You just gave me an idea! I wonder if DWTS have plans to use both of them? I watch that show too and know how it works. They've had couples compete before and they always have a hard time getting folks fit enough and willing to do the show. Maybe they would take Clayton and Susie both as contestants?  All thru this season I thought ClayMan was auditioning for DWTS by bringing up dancing a number of times so I really expect to see him on there. If she is too then maybe that could explain her turn around.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

"Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.'"

Charlie Brown

I was fine until Susie decided to make Clayton her 'boyfriend'. Then I realized that I've been watching this shitshow for years and this is the final 'ultimate super duper most ever drama in Bachelor history!' I ever want to see.  Now it is time for me to reflect on why I let these awful people into my life every season. Depending on the answer I find, I may or may not be back for more next time.

Edited by Andyourlittledog2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I don't watch that show (rarely-rarely watched The Bachelor), but SURELY there is NOTHING that will keep these shame-famewhores OFF Bachelor in Paradise...not court orders, criminal charges, contagious diseases, etc.

There is one thing….no BiP if you are in a relationship.     Besides, given how Clayton had a tendency to cover up and the fact that BiP folks pretty much live in swimwear, I don’t think it would be his cup of tea.  

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

There is one thing….no BiP if you are in a relationship.     Besides, given how Clayton had a tendency to cover up and the fact that BiP folks pretty much live in swimwear, I don’t think it would be his cup of tea.  

Clayton can dress in those old-fashioned men's swimsuits that are like long underwear. He already has the top.

I think Susie is out for revenge. She's going tie Clayton up so tight in her web then drain the bug juice out of him. He's going to be her fetch and carry man, her punching bag, and if he rebels she will drag out the season finale and hit him over the head with it.

• LOL 3
21 hours ago, Bluesky said:

They need to pick better bachelors.   They need to stop with the failed football players with poor speaking skills.   It’s too boring and the women are only interested in self promotion and seeing cool cites and cool beaches.   Get an educated successful established guy, one worth fighting for.  

This may be all they can get.  The formula is dead, the success rate dismal.

Who, of the more successful guys you know, would even consider this show as an option?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

Hmmm. You just gave me an idea! I wonder if DWTS have plans to use both of them? I watch that show too and know how it works. They've had couples compete before and they always have a hard time getting folks fit enough and willing to do the show. Maybe they would take Clayton and Susie both as contestants?  All thru this season I thought ClayMan was auditioning for DWTS by bringing up dancing a number of times so I really expect to see him on there. If she is too then maybe that could explain her turn around.

If that were to happen, we'd all get to see him fall in love with his DWTS partner.

• LOL 12
13 hours ago, Mocking Bird said:

My biggest takeaway from all this is at least I don't have to spend Monday nights wondering why Clay-un's parents neglected to get him braces for that awful under bite. 

Lantern jaws like his aren’t fixed with braces.  This runs in my dad’s family - I was lucky to miss out on it.  Correction is literally breaking the jaw,  removing some of the bone and putting it back together.

https://www.healthline.com/health/prognathism

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

If that were to happen, we'd all get to see him fall in love with his DWTS partner.

OMG!! That would be perfect and I can absolutely see that happen! Now WHO should we hope to see him get as his partner?
Clayun will be all eager, grabby and slack-jawed!🤣

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

Well, isn’t it his right to explore all relationships?

eta.  If he were on DWTS, I think it would be the first time Bachelor Nation doesn’t power vote.   Before the reconciliation, Susie would have been popular. Not sure about now. 

Edited by DEL901
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, b2H said:

Lantern jaws like his aren’t fixed with braces.  This runs in my dad’s family - I was lucky to miss out on it.  Correction is literally breaking the jaw,  removing some of the bone and putting it back together.

https://www.healthline.com/health/prognathism

Thank you for posting that. My son has an underbite, not quite as pronounced as Clayton's. We did orthodonture to correct it the best we could. It's still noticeable. But we discussed the surgical option and the time and pain of the entire ordeal wasn't something he wanted to deal with. He's an adult now, with plenty of disposable income, and he's still has not opted to fix it. It is what it is (apologies to those who hate that phrase).

But when we criticize women about natural aging, weight gain, or a flaw in their appearance, and then get shamed for doing so - isn't this the same thing? I'm accepting of having too much filler or botox and the calls for "What did she do to her face?" kinds of criticism - when it is followed up with "she looked so fresh/beautiful/natural before". 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

"Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.'"

Charlie Brown

I was fine until Susie decided to make Clayton her 'boyfriend'. Then I realized that I've been watching this shitshow for years and this is the final 'ultimate super duper most ever drama in Bachelor history!' I ever want to see.  Now it is time for me to reflect on why I let these awful people into my life every season. Depending on the answer I find, I may or may not be back for more next time.

I watch it to laugh at the people and situations. If there are likeable people like Rachel and Gabby, it's a bonus. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, b2H said:

This may be all they can get.  The formula is dead, the success rate dismal.

Who, of the more successful guys you know, would even consider this show as an option?

THIS!  If ONLY the top executives at ABC could read!   Well, read and understand at the fourth-grade level.  It's time for new Trash TV.  Get some 20-somethings in to program original stuff.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, silversage said:

Susie sure did most of the talking at the end. Clayton just sat there with a blank look on his face. Guess she's in charge...

She has better agents; therefore, she has a better contract--so damned right, she's in charge!  Sweet demure (and BEAUTIFUL) Little Susie ain't no innocent.

• Love 1
On 3/15/2022 at 7:03 PM, Bluesky said:

They need to pick better bachelors.   They need to stop with the failed football players with poor speaking skills.   It’s too boring and the women are only interested in self promotion and seeing cool cites and cool beaches.   Get an educated successful established guy, one worth fighting for.  

Agreed, Bluesky. I long for the days of a bachelor like Andrew Firestone. He was good looking, intelligent, had some money. I’ll never forget how Tina Fabulous wouldn’t even let Andrew kiss her until she was final three! And I remember Andrew asking a girl on a one-on-one date what her favorite cuisine was, and she said, “I love Italian… like Olive Garden.” She didn’t get a date rose… 😜

• Love 3

Why can't they just scrap the double Bachelorettes and film the Senior citizen Bachelor/Bachelorette 😕? I was really looking forward to that!  Are Rachel and Gabby nice girls? Yes- but I can't stand the up talk, vocal fry and likes that these girls use every single sentence.  I don't know if I can handle a whole season of Rachel's feathered eyebrows or Gaby's excessive lip fillers and her inability to wear sweaters correctly.  I'll still watch the season but pinning them against each other is bound to bring out major insecurities and anger- it'll be a drama shit show! They're gal pals now, but I bet they're going to have a blowout fight!

• Love 6
On 3/15/2022 at 9:11 PM, JenE4 said:

He’s giving the exact same apology speech (if that’s what you want to call it) word-for-word “making assumptions” etc. He’s not even personalizing it toward what the women are saying TO HIM. This is just the speech I prepared. I really think Clayton might be on the autism spectrum the way he has no empathy and no ability to even understand or show his own emotions.

The expression on his face during his conversation with Susie was the most baffling of all. She saying she loves him, etc and he had the same lock-jawed flat expression he had when she said she was leaving. It was such a flat exchange.

I have to admit that I don't see the romance in this show 99% of the time so I'm usually here for the trainwrecks, but this season was both interesting and infuriating. 

And from the show's perspective, the narrative was so strange. It seemed like they were out to shit all over him with the audience cheering and whooping it up when Gabby and Rachel told him off and then being ecstatic when Susie walked. Then they trot Susie back out and it's supposed to be a big love story? And the tease of Neil Lane being there as if he was going to propose there in front of an audience that had clearly been hoping he'd fall into a volcano in Iceland...even Clayton isn't THAT stupid.

I have to say that I liked Rachel more in that brief segment at ATFR than I did the entire show. Gone were the bad roots, the curtain of fake lashes, and coquettish fluttering and whispering, it was a huge improvement. I have next to zero hope that she won't fall right back into all those things as soon as there are new men around, but for this moment, she was tolerable.

I wonder if she watched herself doing all those goofy poses and postures and realized that it wasn't showing up as Instagram-worthy as she'd envisioned. 

I don't really understand how this dual B-ette season is going to work. It doesn't sound like a Kaitlyn/Britt "men take a vote" situation, nor does it sound like a Katie/Michelle half and half season. Jesse's remarks about figuring it out together suggests that the show doesn't know either, so this should be quite a shitshow.

But more than anything, I'd like to know why Katie got a half Bachelorette season and Michelle got a half Bachelorette season, but they felt CLAYTON was all the lead we needed for Bachelor. Just like Tayshia and Kaitlyn got to be co-hosts, but Jesse was allowed to screen test alone, it seems to suggest something about the show runners' feelings about men vs women.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Blintzie said:

Agreed, Bluesky. I long for the days of a bachelor like Andrew Firestone. He was good looking, intelligent, had some money. I’ll never forget how Tina Fabulous wouldn’t even let Andrew kiss her until she was final three! And I remember Andrew asking a girl on a one-on-one date what her favorite cuisine was, and she said, “I love Italian… like Olive Garden.” She didn’t get a date rose… 😜

Banning kissing until the final three would be nice.   

• Love 6