Type keyword(s) to search

S26.E12: After the Final Rose

• Start Topic

Just now, dizzyd said:

He looks so indifferent, detached as he listens to her. Like he’s just letting her vent. And as predicted, he gave her the same response as he did Gabby. 

word for word. that's the scary bit. can't even change it up. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, econ07 said:

That must have been Gaby leaving in the SUV, when I thought it was him.

Yea, it looks like I guessed correctly - I bet they will do Rachel's story back in the studio after this segment, then handle Susie back in IL who will hopefully tell him NO.
He really does not have much compassion.

• Love 4
Just now, dizzyd said:

He looks so indifferent, detached as he listens to her. Like he’s just letting her vent. And as predicted, he gave her the same response as he did Gabby. 

I feel like she is begging him to keep her . Sorry has ahe no shame?

• Love 6

I think Tony is going to jump out of seat and clobber Clayton after he sees this.

Tony's face in the inset. He's getting mad.

Rachel's making me cry!

Claytons' parents must be so embarrassed.

• Love 9
Just now, DEL901 said:

They would hate him less if he had just walked away from the last rose ceremony instead of persuading they to stay and fight. 

Rachel just said that too. Like she was the only one who fought for him, and he didn't even shed a tear. All this crap about fighting for their love and then He's all. "meh. i'm good. lemme just walk you to the car now."

This boy needs to meet some hands. 

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Clayton’s concept of love is like a preschooler’s who loves vanilla ice cream, then tries chocolate and loves that, too—then also loves strawberry ice cream! When Gabby was explaining that love comes along with a promise of respecting and caring for the other person’s feelings, Clayton just could not compute! It’s truly a foreign concept to him about what loving someone means!

My husband walked in and said "this guy has never had a girlfriend before, has he?"

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

Oh, Rachel, honey. Stop telling him that you’ll never stop fighting for your love. Yes, concentrate on how he has NO emotion toward you whatsoever! Remember at hometowns Rachel’s tough dad relayed a story about asking Rachel whether he should beat up an ex? I was horrified at the time. But, yes, Dad, go get ‘em! This is punch-worthy!

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Glad she doesn’t have feelings for him anymore…or Tony would have to stage an on the spot intervention. 

eta, but if he does, I’m sure the audience would all chip in with bail money. 

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Oh, Rachel, honey. Stop telling him that you’ll never stop fighting for your love. Yes, concentrate on how he has NO emotion toward you whatsoever! Remember at hometowns Rachel’s tough dad relayed a story about asking Rachel whether he should beat up an ex? I was horrified at the time. But, yes, Dad, go get ‘em! This is punch-worthy!

She couldn’t even bring herself to mention how he loved Susie best, before the rose ceremony.   That had to really hurt. 

• Love 2

Feels like Gabby got the full-on Bachelorette edit tonight. Triumphant exit, showing her strength and sassiness, a glamorous makeover and even her cute grandpa in the audience! Plus, she said all the right things about having closure and being over it but also that she really did fall in love (aka "this process works!). Will be surprised if it's not her now. 

Edited by SallyAlbright
  • Love 4

He clearly lacks both common sense and empathy.  Just the way he deals with all of these relationships as if he has never heard of being kind to others.  He blames it on so many things but the reality is that most people know how to treat others decently.  

• Love 17

He didn’t mean to hurt her or Gabby.  I believe that. He just didn’t care enough or have empathy for them… he hurt them through lack of care about them, not to be malicious but because them as people with feelings didn’t mean anything to him.   Every choice he made was selfish and they were just collateral damage. 

Edited by DEL901
  • Useful 1
  • Love 23

He’s giving the exact same apology speech (if that’s what you want to call it) word-for-word “making assumptions” etc. He’s not even personalizing it toward what the women are saying TO HIM. This is just the speech I prepared. I really think Clayton might be on the autism spectrum the way he has no empathy and no ability to even understand or show his own emotions.

• Love 10

I’m glad Rachel brought out the big guns and dished all her anger at him. Must have been really difficult for mom and dad to just sit there and listen to this. 

And I love that she addressed the big question about his love declaration being just to get her to sleep with him. 

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 9
Just now, dizzyd said:

I’m glad Rachel brought out the big guns and dished all her anger at him. Must have been really difficult for mom and dad to just sit there and listen to this. 

i don't think she's the bachelorette. she looks like she's done. with everything. 

• Love 2

I am rooting for Susie to ice him out at what hopefully will be the most dramatic final rose ceremony ever.  If he still thinks he's going to propose to Susie after the little she has given him in the past few days then we also have to diagnose Clay-en with delusion.

• Love 6
Just now, Daisy said:

i don't think she's the bachelorette. she looks like she's done. with everything. 

Gabby looks healed and over it (and she looked mostly over it in Iceland), Rachel looks like she's still working through everything.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

He’s giving the exact same apology speech (if that’s what you want to call it) word-for-word “making assumptions” etc. He’s not even personalizing it toward what the women are saying TO HIM. This is just the speech I prepared. I really think Clayton might be on the autism spectrum the way he has no empathy and no ability to even understand or show his own emotions.

The ew.com reviewer asked if he was a sociopath or just an idiot.  Response in the comments was both. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

He truly does act like he doesn't understand emotions or how to relate to other people who have them. It makes me uncomfortable that the producers chose him and have manipulated all of them like this, he doesn't seem equipped to handle it at all. He just looks baffled rather than malicious. I actually worry about his mental health after all of this too, as much of a jerk as he was, he's still a human being and people on social media etc. hate him now. 

The women are all great and will be more than fine but I think this guy will actually be pretty messed up by all this. 

Edited by SallyAlbright
  • Love 9

Neil Lane gloating in the audience tells me Susie gets a NL ring and I'm going to puke, Although their eventual break up will be great news. I really REALLY dislike this jerk.

Edited by PBnJay
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Clayton’s concept of love is like a preschooler’s who loves vanilla ice cream, then tries chocolate and loves that, too—then also loves strawberry ice cream! When Gabby was explaining that love comes along with a promise of respecting and caring for the other person’s feelings, Clayton just could not compute! It’s truly a foreign concept to him about what loving someone means!

Yes, he really seems to have handled this opportunity in an immature way - like a kid let loose in a candy store. I don't think he was in love at all - just in lust. He may not be this shallow normally but perhaps could just not handle the bachelor show situation.

51 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Susie, walk away!! You have so much to offer as Clayton says, don't waste it on him.

I have the sneaking suspicion she is more valuable to Clayton because she's out of reach. Gabby and Rachel are his for the taking, sort of, so they have lesser value.

I think this is what I was trying to say yesterday. Clayton ranked the 3 of them by appearance and "loved" them in the same order. Susie is the prettiest. IMO Rachel is the second most attractive and appeared to be his second choice and then Gabby landed in third place. He wanted the most attractive one. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, PBnJay said:

Neil Lane gloating the audience tells me Susie gets a NL ring and I'm going to puke, Although their eventual break up with be great news. I really REALLY dislike this jerk.

Could he be there to take it back?🤣

• LOL 6

Does Knucklehead HAVE to keep saying he has to "fight for" everything? Yuck. And it's all "What I want" instead of what any woman wants.

Edited by EllenB
  • Love 3