Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

The reunion concludes with the husbands taking the stage. Sharrieff explains where he was on the day of Jen's arrest, while Justin confirms if Whitney’s beauty venture depleted their savings. John hopes Lisa and Meredith can make amends, and Duy tries to explain his need for more kids. And later, Jen answers questions about the rumors that swirled in the aftermath of her arrest and gives an update on her impending trial.

Airdate: 03/13/2022

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Duy is full of doody.

It is nice of Coach Shah to talk about the importance of therapy and mental health. 

However, I don’t believe his story that he was actually sick and in the hospital.

Maybe he agreed to this storyline so he didn’t have to wear feathers

• LOL 16
  • Love 5

I didn’t see any guns pointed at Joe’s children when the police came. maybe I missed it.

She is blaming the cops coming to her door to execute a warrant on racism is disgusting. No, they came to your door because you are under federal indictment and your bestie Stu already took a plea bargain, which indicates that some kind of crime was being committed. That doesn’t mean that her family wouldn’t have a visceral reaction to the cops at her door.

Edited by Stats Queen
  • Love 16
48 minutes ago, WaltersHair said:

I predict Jen Smollett...er...Shah will double and triple down. I don't think that will go well for her.

I was thinking the same thing.  Those purple feathers aren't going to wear very well in the big house.  And Jen, it would prolly be a good thing for you to study up on how LONG you could actually be in prison if you're convicted.  Actually, Stewart's time should give you SOME indication!

Edited by goofygirl
  • Love 9

Ok I missed the first half of part 3 reunion. I blame it on the time change. Did Andy ask Meredith about the plastic breastplate?    At the beginning of part one when they were showing teasers of what was to come He asked Meredith is it true that you wore a plastic breast plate in one of your confessionals, Meredith was shown laughing. Why do they do this to us?

5 minutes ago, FlyingEgret said:

Seriously???? I wasted over 3 hours and no breastplate discussion - horrible false advertising! 

To make us watch all three parts to the bitter end. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
56 minutes ago, WaltersHair said:

Jen, YOU did this to your son, husband, and family. I can't with this woman.

You were not being questioned about your wealth because of your race or skin color, it was because you were not able to explain what your businesses were and because things just did not add up.  

• Love 20

"The monetization of leads generation"?????   

Fancy words don't make what Jen allegedly did any less egregious.  

Isn't that the same thing as Whitney said - selling lead lists to whoever is willing to buy them?  Especially when the lead lists are broken out by demographic and age range, and target those who are most vulnerable with sketchy financial schemes, etc.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 17
27 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

"The monetization of leads generation"?????   

Fancy words don't make what Jen allegedly did any less egregious.  

Isn't that the same thing as Whitney said - selling lead lists to whoever is willing to buy them?  Especially when the lead lists are broken out by demographic and age range, and target those who are most vulnerable with sketchy financial schemes, etc.

My understanding from reading a lot of the court filings is that Jen Shah did more than just sell leads. She actually was involved in the companies that then called the victims and sold them worthless internet commerce. It was a double scam in that the people targeted would have had no use for even a FUNCTIONAL internet presence AND the services they sold had no value - e.g. weren't even of the level and kind that would normally be delivered for the kind of money they were being *charged* (e.g. cheated out of).

• Useful 17
  • Love 2

OMG. Jen thinks the NY State Attorney’s 95% success rate is because of plea deals?

Sure, Jan. It’s because he doesn’t indict unless he knows he can convict, much like the Feds. Good luck sister!!  Very few innocent people take plea deals!

• Love 16

There she is!  I wondered what happened to the Jen Shah we came to know in season one.  It appears she was simply put on a back burner for most of the second season until let loose again in part three of the reunion.  The whole whirlwind dance of screeching and over talking, blaming her current misfortunes upon nothing more than racism. I for one cannot wait for the trial and the information which will be released at that time. 

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Jextella said:

Who is the person that stole from Heather?

I was interested to hear about this, as well.  It must have been one of Jen's many "assistants," since they were giving her a ride, but couldn't pick her up from Heather's house due to stealing from Heather.  That makes a few people Jen associates with that supposedly steal (the alleged shoplifter at Meredith's store).  Birds of a feather...

• Love 14

I think the time-change screwed up the start time of my streaming provider, so I actually missed the beginning of this. Was it a one-hour or two-hour episode? I was panicking because I assumed I had missed the discussion of Meredith's breast-plate.  I'm peeved! There are literally ENTIRE Reddit threads puzzling over this very topic! t seems this didn't happen and we were all conned into sitting through all three parts of this screech-fest?

I wish Jen Shah's trial had not been postponed. I feel bad for her family, but I cannot wait to see this grifting harpy booted into the big-house. I will be sorely disappointed if she worms out of this. I was glad they replayed the footage of her chatting with her second-in command Stuart, who has now pled. At the time I first saw it, it definitely felt like more of a veiled threat than a heart-to-heart chat.

Heather made me want to barf with her lips surgically attached to Shah's posterior. "I don't care if she's guilty". What an idiot. I wanted to like you Heather, but you are a moronic doormat to someone who is not only implicated in some awful crimes, but has treated you horribly.

I got nothing else. I wonder if they will recruit replacements for Jenny & Mary for next season.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, amarante said:

My understanding from reading a lot of the court filings is that Jen Shah did more than just sell leads. She actually was involved in the companies that then called the victims and sold them worthless internet commerce. It was a double scam in that the people targeted would have had no use for even a FUNCTIONAL internet presence AND the services they sold had no value - e.g. weren't even of the level and kind that would normally be delivered for the kind of money they were being *charged* (e.g. cheated out of).

Ain't no way she would have been that close with her "partner/not partner" and be clean in all this. 

Still, there could be some loophole she's hanging on to or a belief that what she did was within legal parameters a la Erika Jayne. 

Even if Jen and Erika aren't found guilty, they have the court of public opinion that will say otherwise.  They will always be tainted.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Cheezwiz said:

There are literally ENTIRE Reddit threads puzzling over this very topic! t seems this didn't happen and we were all conned into sitting through all three parts of this

I went back to the very beginning of part 1 of the reunion. Before it started they were showing teasers of what was to come. Andy asked  Meredith if there was anything to her wearing a "chest plate" in one of her confessionals. Then they showed Meredith laughing. It happened and we were cheated and tricked into watching this. I hate Bravo for doing this because that was the ONLY reason that I watched this entire reunion. 

• Love 14

Jen Shah crying and saying the success rate is so high because people take the plea deal because they might not have the money to fight in court, and saying she will fight, and she will fight for those who don't have money is the richest piece of sh*t I've heard! The nerve! 

Sean called Meredith 'Meredith Marks'. A bunch of posers.

I have 6 minutes left of the show and still no chest plate!!

Heather saying she doesn't care if Jen is guilty is the stupidest thing I've heard from her. You really don't care if your friend has been running a scam operation? Seriously?? That makes you a crappy friend. Not a good one. 

Oh Jennie, I forgot you were there. Never mind, I will forget about you again. 

They should ban feathers in SLC.

What?? Where was the chest plate convo? Did I miss it? This is total BS!!

• Love 7
50 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Jen has a new line of clothing - hope this means her mother is keeping her retirement nest egg.

jen-shah-new-merch.jpg?quality=90&strip=

(Pic from Reality Blurb)

This is wild! Who is going to purchase and wear a silk Shah Mazing jacket like they’re in the Pink Ladies?! I can’t imagine anyone is that “hopelessly devoted” to Jen Shah!

Count me amongst those feeling bamboozled on not getting the Meredith breastplate question. This is the hard-hitting investigative journalism we tuned in for! Instead, we get Jen claiming she’s been “racially profiled” instead of, you know, Homeland Security, NYPD, and the FBI uncovering criminal activity within a longstanding investigation of a whole intricate web of related scammers that led to her company’s crimes. Listen, I understand that she is trying her damndest to go down proclaiming her innocence, but to try to turn it around that viewers and her castmates are only questioning where her money came from because of the brown and black skins of her and her family!! Come on! That’s a complete insult to BLM and efforts to shed light on true systemic racism. We’re questioning it because Homeland Security, the FBI, and the NYPD showed up at Beauty Lab + Laser with a warrant for your arrest! Personally, I think these white women are up to some hinky practices themselves! Looking at you, Lisa Barlow, putting companies in your children’s names—and you, too, Whitney Rose, claiming a massive loss on a “rebrand” that might be just the next pyramid scheme in line at the Rose household. The only one that I think is legit is Heather because I have no doubt that these rich-ass ladies in SLC would pay a fortune for fillers and various treatments—and she seems to be the most relatable to  the viewers at home—shocked about how much money everyone else is spending and not trying so hard to keep up with that image herself.

• Love 15
9 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Ooh where can I read them?

It has been awhile but Ronald Richards has a Twitter feed in which he regularly posts relevant filings and motions for Jen Shah and Erika Jane.

Coach Shah appears to be as big a crook as Jen. He had to have known that the level of spending wasn't supported by the income. There are tax returns that he had to sign for many years. And BS on Coach Shah earning a HUGE salary - as I recall his salary is public data and he earned a good salary but not one that would have supported an over the top life style. They sold the home they owned before they rented the "chalets" and it was a relatively modest middle class style home - I think it sold for about $350,000 approximately. 

Coach Shah did himself no favors by the pretzel contortions he used in attempting to explain the phone calls. When they re-ran the phone call in the bus it was clear that she was talking to her husband and not an assistant. If your spouse's number comes up on your phone and it is NOT your spouse you say "who is this" and not an endearment when you pick up the phone and hear the voice. And why was Coach's assistant at a medical appointment - from what Coach was attempting to explain it wasn't a medical emergency but a scheduled appointment of some kind. 

I hate that these housewives either back down or aren't articulate enough to fully explain what they were saying. Whitney Rose on the bus and in a few of the confessionals understood what the issue was in terms of the business 

However - what I think she and some of the others meant to say in terms of Jen's excessive spending is that even extremely wealthy people don't literally *waste* money in this manner. Aside from the kind of *smart* criminals who live well below their means so no one is suspicious there seems to be a particular type of grifter who spends money as if it is completely meaningless. There is a show called American Greed which has different scammers and con artists and fraudsters documented each week. Typically they are running Ponzi like schemes but generally their spending is so completely over the top that the mere existence of that level of spending causes suspicion. 

The Reunion was filmed a bit too soon - besides missing Jennie's being booted from the show it also didn't cover that Justin Rose was just fired from his company - rumor is because that sex portrayal was a bridge too far. Ironically he and Whitney were fired from a prior company when they had the affair.

Edited by amarante
  • Useful 9
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, amarante said:

Coach Shah appears to be as big a crook as Jen. He had to have known that the level of spending wasn't supported by the income. There are tax returns that he had to sign for many years. And BS on Coach Shah earning a HUGE salary - as I recall his salary is public data and he earned a good salary but not one that would have supported an over the top life style. They sold the home they owned before they rented the "chalets" and it was a relatively modest middle class style home - I think it sold for about $350,000 approximately.

My recollection was that he was making somewhere between $350-400k per year as a coach. In SLC, that's more than enough to live a "over the top" lifestyle. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

My recollection was that he was making somewhere between $350-400k per year as a coach. In SLC, that's more than enough to live a "over the top" lifestyle. 

No one with that salary is living the life style that Jen Shah was - that is a respectable upper middle class salary but no one at the level is throwing $80,000 parties for a friend - maybe a wedding for their child. They aren't buying expensive diamond pins as hostess gifts nor are they dressing in expensive designer brands.

It's a "comfortable" lifestyle but it isn't over the top.

Whitney Rose lived a lifestyle that was commensurate with that level of income and it wasn't "over the top".

• Love 13
22 minutes ago, amarante said:

No one with that salary is living the life style that Jen Shah was - that is a respectable upper middle class salary but no one at the level is throwing $80,000 parties for a friend - maybe a wedding for their child. They aren't buying expensive diamond pins as hostess gifts nor are they dressing in expensive designer brands.

It's a "comfortable" lifestyle but it isn't over the top.

Whitney Rose lived a lifestyle that was commensurate with that level of income and it wasn't "over the top".

I'm not going to disagree w/r/t the parties or the diamonds. But, part and parcel of the HW brand, is women dressing in expensive designer brands who don't have a ton of money - simply for TV. Between consignment, resellers, loans for TV and brands simply gifting stuff, giving the appearance of an over-the-top lifestyle with no actual substance behind it is not an impossible thing. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

50k a month (that she said she spends just on herself) at minimum (not including rent, food, elct, water, basic needs, and things) is $600,000 a year! That’s more then he would have made in his salary alone. Even people who got it like that don't spend like that because it’s not financially feasible to keep that up without going broke… it has nothing to do with a brown person with money and just basic finances (and why is she trying to make asking about her money a race issue? None of the other ladies in ANY of the other franchises are bragging and spending like she does and if they were it wouldn't matter if they were purple, red, green, or any other color we would ALL be asking the same thing) ...

Add to that her "gifting" things like parties and gifts then add in the basic things they would have HAD to spend money on like their rent and car payments etc etc and there is NO way that something shady wasn't going on ....

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, nexxie said:

Jen has a new line of clothing - hope this means her mother is keeping her retirement nest egg.

jen-shah-new-merch.jpg?quality=90&strip=

(Pic from Reality Blurb)

I personally never believed the money her mother offered was her mother's.  I think it was moved money/laundered.  Same with all her relatives she supposedly 'supports'.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, amarante said:

Coach Shah appears to be as big a crook as Jen. He had to have known that the level of spending wasn't supported by the income. There are tax returns that he had to sign for many years.

I have suspected this all along. The days of not comprehending expenses vs. income are over; Coach is not a clueless 1950s housewife. I assume he has his own attorney who is advising him how to navigate the situation to avoid being charged. He's probably been grilled by law enforcement. As it is he may suffer some consequences if Jen is convicted.

When I read a while back that he was making $450K annually, I immediately thought that that salary alone would not support Jen spending "$50K each month" and "$80K for a party." After taxes he may be clearing $300K in take-home pay, or $25K monthly. Or less if he pays for health insurance, rent, private schools, and so on. Before the indictment, I assumed they were living beyond their means with a lot of debt.

I wonder if Jen filed taxes separately? Will the trial reveal her income?

I guess the big legal question is whether she received proceeds from the scammed victims. Lots of people sell leads and data legally. I think Jen will try to say her involvement stopped there. I think the media reported that she claimed this.

I'm glad I watched last night, as there were some good nuggets of information:

- Coach's well-rehearsed explanation of the phone call and his medical visit seemed like lies to me.

- The cyber security consultant winnowed down available information to pinpoint a small intersection of Meredith's potential cyber harassers, and concluded it was probably Jen. Even without proof, that's damning.

- Meredith is an attorney?

- Gossip said Bravo kept Jennie just to skewer her about her racist social media during the reunion, but they did not show it.

- They did delve into Jen's situation, and although she could not comment, the viewers were reminded of the dirty details.

- Duy's obsession with another child is weird and offensive to Jennie. He's an asshole.

- Meredith visiting Seth in Hattiesburg, MS, defies the imagination.

- Jen reverting to type and playing 1) the sobbing victim and 2) the race card.

- Everyone but Jennie knows a lot more than we've been shown...Heather's casual reference to some thug who isn't allowed to be near her, the thefts at Meredith's store, the Cameron stuff. These housewives are beginning to come off as tarnished.

Someone please explain Heather's devotion to the sociopath Jen. I'd understand it if Heather was devoted to a true, loving, long-time friend or family member, but devotion to this degenerate who treats everybody like trash and rips off unfortunates?

ETA: Let's all watch to see if Jen works to assist others who have been mistreated by the judicial system. When Hell freezes over...

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 13

let me just ADD that having been in a raid by homeland security YEARS ago (because of a roommate lord always vet and do background checks on your roommates) YES they always come in with guns drawn it doesn't matter what color you are or what offense they are raiding your for ... that's just what they do because they don't know whats going on in the house they are coming into or what might or might not be in there (is it scary as fuck? HELL yes. To this day I still suffer some PTSD with it hearing things late at night or early in the mornings it does stay with you. So for her kids and family I definitely feel for.) but she put them in that position No one else but her  

I have lived a very interesting life.. LOL

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Hugs 1
  • Useful 6
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

- Everyone but Jennie knows a lot more than we've been shown...Heather's casual reference to some thug who isn't allowed to be near her, the thefts at Meredith's store, the Cameron stuff. These housewives are beginning to come off as tarnished.

Someone please explain Heather's devotion to the sociopath Jen. I'd understand it if Heather was devoted to a true, loving, long-time friend or family member, but devotion to this degenerate who treats everybody like trash and rips off unfortunates?

Heather sounded truly pathetic when she said she doesn't care if Jenn is guilty and that she loves her no matter what. It boggles the mind. 

Coach Shah is speaking about rectal bleeding... And then of course how Jenn is so distraught she can't get out of bed. Spare me. It all sounded rehearsed and Jenn had to make sure she threw in the racism accusations. And how she demands blind loyalty from everyone no matter what she does or says. She actually got mad because the ladies questioned her. They question you because you GOT ARRESTED AND CHARGED WITH FRAUD! Does she not realize that not everyone is entitled to think she is innocent just because she says she is? And then she has to do her whole civil rights activists speech about how she will fight for those who can't fight for themselves, which are basically the ones she defrauded in the first place. I can't. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

let me just ADD that having been in a raid by homeland security YEARS ago (because of a roommate lord always vet and do background checks on your roommates) YES they always come in with guns drawn it doesn't matter what color you are or what offense they are raiding your for ... that's just what they do because they don't know whats going on in the house they are coming into or what might or might not be in there (is it scary as fuck? HELL yes. To this day I still suffer some PTSD with it hearing things late at night or early in the mornings it does stay with you. So for her kids and family I definitely feel for.) but she put them in that position No one else but her  

I have lived a very interesting life.. LOL

This is standard operating procedure whenever the police make a raid on a house because it is potentially a VERY dangerous situation since they have no idea who is in there or what they might attempt to do. When some of the politicians involved with the last administration were arrested, they were also arrested with a significant show of force - which was written a lot about in the media when it occurred. 

I think the issue I raised was that Jen Shah's spending was not in line with how "regular" very wealthy people spend their money. It is in line with how scammers seem to operate - as if the money has no real value and it is all paper. There seems to be absolutely no regard to the future - and I think that is also how white collar criminals must operate in terms of a mind set. I mean at some point you have to figure that you aren't going to get away with it forever - not with all of the ways that computer and data can be tracked and the copious records available. 

I wouldn't be surprised if all of the "family" she was theoretically employing were just conduits for her money laundering. As I posted, the indictment ties her to the actual "boiler rooms" where the leads were used to defraud people. The indictment goes into a lot of background on how she initially got involved and how she then decided to branch out and open up her own companies - actually multiple companies. There was the lead generation and then Jen Shah used the leads to defraud so that isn't a "gray area" - selling bogus valueless items is not "gray" and one can't claim you didn't know it was criminal. I think at this point she is the only one involved in the scheme who hasn't pled guilty.

Here is one of the indictments - there are also very information motions by the government in response to Jen's various motions

download

My parent were "fellow travelers' in the 1930's and during the McCarthy Era were genuinely scared that they would be discovered and lost their jobs. I remember when I was protesting during the Vietnam demonstrations they were worried that I would wind up on a list of subversive organizations. But back then tracking was still relatively unsophisticated and was even bizarre. When I applied to the New York Bar I was given a list of "subversive organizations" and asked if I had ever been a member - aside from the obvious like the Communist Party there were some really strange ones like the Chopin Society FWIW the KKK was NOT listed.

At any rate, looking at the other housewives who theoretically are supposed to flaunt their wealth none of them have this same aura of literally throwing their money around even though they are obviously spending money on expensive designer clothing and carrying Birkins and Chanel. As the cliche goes - Jen was spending money like a drunken sailor 😂

• Useful 4
  • Love 8

I hate when people state they are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. No, if you did it, you did it. Just haven't been found guilty in court yet.  

Jen had really taught Coach Shah how to lie. Didn't believe a thing he said.  And did she say he went to law school?  Hope she wasn't taking his legal advise.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

I hate when people state they are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. No, if you did it, you did it. Just haven't been found guilty in court yet.  

Jen had really taught Coach Shah how to lie. Didn't believe a thing he said.  And did she say he went to law school?  Hope she wasn't taking his legal advise.

Yes, he has a JD. And last night they claimed that he practiced law for 13 years before getting the coaching gig. 

• Useful 4

6 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

- Coach's well-rehearsed explanation of the phone call and his medical visit seemed like lies to me.

- Duy's obsession with another child is weird and offensive to Jennie. He's an asshole.

Coach didn't even know what he was talking about and couldn't answer questions - Andy had to step in and clear up the "timeline" for him and answer his own questions. 🙄

I still think Duy and Jennie concocted that line of BS to give her a HW storyline.  They just didn't realize he'd have to defend himself about it at the reunion 😄

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Coach Shah had a base salary of $450K for 2021 season.  He then gets bonuses for wins, bowl appearances, bowl wins, etc.  

In 2020 season, without a Rose Bowl appearance he earned a bonus in excess of $150K when the season was only 5 games long (covid) with a 3-2 record--so $400K base and $153K bonus.  Last year he may have made several times that bonus with a 10-4 record and a Rose Bowl appearance.  

Oh, and his base salary increases by $50K every year.

Since Coach Shah is a state employee the information is out there if someone wants to search for the details.

Even without Jen's income the Shahs are in the top 1% of earners in Utah and the US.

Successful Division I football coaches make serious money.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2

I can’t with Jen and Coach’s bs stories. He def knew what was going on imo. 

Jen is just such a victim. All this stuff is just happening to her. She plays no part. Pls what a joke. Jen is going all in on the racism defence.  

Why is Whitney so far up Jen’s ass.

Heather is a moron. 

I still don’t understand Jens job and how it would pay for 30 assistants and $80K bday parties for a friend. Coach makes good money but not the kind of money that funds the lifestyle they were living.

What a lame boring reunion.

• Love 11
On 3/14/2022 at 2:22 AM, Jextella said:

Ain't no way she would have been that close with her "partner/not partner" and be clean in all this. 

Still, there could be some loophole she's hanging on to or a belief that what she did was within legal parameters a la Erika Jayne. 

Even if Jen and Erika aren't found guilty, they have the court of public opinion that will say otherwise.  They will always be tainted.

People are interesting.  In their situations, Erika is analogous to Coach Shah.  Jen Shah barely catches any flack while former attorney Coach Shah gets virtually none, but Erika caught more flack than Tom who actually misappropriated funds.

• Love 4

Part 3 didn’t provide much. Duy was full of shit as their niece has said the story about him wanting another kid was fake as was the sister wife crap. Plus from what we saw of his kids they were obnoxious brats,  
Seth and John didn’t seem phased by the Meredith and Lisa fallout. Not even a little. 
Jens really playing the race card in a matter that has nothing to do with race.

Maybe there will be a bonus scenes episode that address Merediths weird looking chest.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

People are interesting.  In their situations, Erika is analogous to Coach Shah.  Jen Shah barely catches any flack while former attorney Coach Shah gets virtually none, but Erika caught more flack than Tom who actually misappropriated funds.

Apples and Oranges ...

ONE Coach did make his own money he is a coach no one is saying he didn't have a income coming in (compared to Erika's Shell of a company that borrowed 25million for her career from toms firm and once her bank of Tom closed he couldn't afford to heat his own pool)....

TWO he didn't brag about knowing about ALL finances about how nothing was spent or made without his knowledge that he was equal partners financially with his wife like Erika did ... he also didn't find out that a million was spent on diamonds then wear them after saying he wouldn't has a big middle finger to widows and orphans

Erika is complacent in all of this and even hostel about it... how dare you ask me to give up a million dollar earnings that I know for a fact were bought with stolen money! HOW dare you ask me to pay back 25million in a loan to my shell of a company that has now been shuttered from the IRS .... WHAT ABOUT ME ME ME fuck those widows and orphans

Coach hasn't been shown to be either.

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 19
On 3/14/2022 at 8:50 PM, Ms.Lulu said:

Coach Shah had a base salary of $450K for 2021 season.  He then gets bonuses for wins, bowl appearances, bowl wins, etc.  

In 2020 season, without a Rose Bowl appearance he earned a bonus in excess of $150K when the season was only 5 games long (covid) with a 3-2 record--so $400K base and $153K bonus.  Last year he may have made several times that bonus with a 10-4 record and a Rose Bowl appearance.  

Oh, and his base salary increases by $50K every year.

Since Coach Shah is a state employee the information is out there if someone wants to search for the details.

Even without Jen's income the Shahs are in the top 1% of earners in Utah and the US.

Successful Division I football coaches make serious money.

One thing to note where tax returns are concerned....

I work as an independent contractor.  My husband would have no clue if what I'm doing is legal or if I'm stealing etc. based on our returns - and regardless of significant shifts in gains or losses.

I could manufacture paperwork, lies, etc., pretty easily. Short of becoming a private investigator himself, he'd really have no way to determine if what I'm doing or saying is legit.

I'm small potatoes relative to the Shah's and Girardi's, but I just want to put out the idea that tax returns by themselves don't always convey guilt or innocence.  I'd wager that Coach Shah had no clue about Jen's business stuff. Why should he? 

Even Erika, for that matter.  Even though she signed a bunch of stuff and was a business owner and officer with organizations that received funds from Tom's law firm, she could still argue she had no idea where the funds came from and just signed tax returns as directed by Tom (although just as Sutton said, ignorance does not exempt her from the law). 

Sidenote: legal eagles can weigh in, but I'm pretty certain that the IRS allows spouses wronged by misdeeds of the other spouse to claim exemption to owed taxes...or some such thing. The fact that the IRS allows wronged spouses a way out speaks to how easy it is for one spouse to not know the full story of the other.

Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3