Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E07: This is My Decision Day

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, JapMo said:

Yes, he did talk about those things, but I still think he's holding back.  When he tells her they need to slow things down, I honestly think he's actually trying to tell her 'you need to slow down and check your personality'.  But he never seems to get it out right.

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree because I thought he made it very clear to her that she needed to slow her roll.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

Htown! 😉

I posted the same last week. It makes no sense. Was his landlord IN his apartment while he was getting married or in Mexico? The story has holes, for sure!

On top of that, it was said twice that the landlord was AT the wedding.(doesn't mean she was far from her building, tho.) It' hinky for sure.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

It will hit Alyssa at some point, and maybe 20 years from now, but she will have a moment  of realization of what she rejected out of hand: a man who was prepared to be a husband and a father. A stand-up guy.

If she had just been nice to him, bet he would have bought her that horse!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, geej said:

On top of that, it was said twice that the landlord was AT the wedding.(doesn't mean she was far from her building, tho.) It' hinky for sure.

Something I've missed but it's not a secret, Mark has a roommate. I believe she's a woman. One of the three cats is the roommates. So, the roommate is probably how this all started in terms of reporting the bedbugs.

You hear Lyndsey talk about his landlord AND his roommate blowing up his phone. The name Denise is mentioned.

On a side note, I get it with all the expensive Boston talk but damn. This is a lot of grown ass people ready to get married with roommates. How is that even working logistically? 

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, princelina said:

My question is what did they talk about on their honeymoon?  I would think questions about current living situations, including roommates, would be an obvious choice when you are getting to know your new spouse.

He also called her "the c word" 🤣

I also wondered the same thing.  That seems like one of the most basic questions you ask on a first date.  Where do you live?  Who do you live with?  How long have you lived there?  Makes no sense.  And she had just said she had a guy roommate and then asked if he ever lived with a woman.  Based on the context of the question, it did not seem like she was asking about a romantic partner. Also, his place looked very small and kind of dumpy, especially for 3 people.  I think she was very unimpressed.  

O’s house was really nice.  Could definitely use a woman’s touch but he should be proud to own a house like that, especially if he owns it alone.  It was super cute.  And you could tell ge was super proud of it and really wanted Katina to like it.  He’s actually growing on me. 

• Love 9
19 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

I think it's kind of weird, too. We've always had pets, but when we had a dog I took it to work with me most days (veterinary hospital), and with the cats, I was a stay at home parent and the kids were homeschooled so the cats were rarely ever left alone for more than a few hours. I don't know how people go and leave their pets, especially dogs, all day long. Now it seems like these MAFS participants have dogs for the most part. Do they all send them to doggy daycare like Jasmina does?

Dogs and cats sleep 16-18 hours a day. I think it is during that time between work and sleep, that if you give your dog exercise and other attention, most people who work 40-45hr. a week are FINE partners. If your lifestyle after work is NOT prioritizing the pet, then it becomes a bad situation. I was able the few times I got a puppy to have off hours from hubby, or was off work for a month. Mainly I  rescue dogs  that are already partly  trained so as not to have to be home most of the day puppies require. Covid was perfect time to get a puppy and boy did America! Dogs were not that popular back in the 80's and 90's. Now like you said, everyone has one.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, princelina said:

The interesting thing to me about Mark and Lindsey was that they had sex on the wedding night - AKA before airplane-gate!

YES!!! WEDDING NIGHT!!!! SHOCKER!!!! 😱😱

2 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

As a 30 year resident of Connecticut who has been to Massachusetts many, many times, I can attest to the fact that there are very few if any "cowboy types" in this area.  The whole idea is preposterous.  I slapped my head when Alyssa's mother said that.  What world are they living in?  No wonder Alyssa is such a narcissist, her mother lives in a fantasy land.  I think you are spot-on that she probably never said "no", but she also probably made Alyssa feel too special, superior and more entitled than other people.  She probably told her she deserved whatever her fancy was, even if that was a "cowboy" to sweep her off her feet, so despite reality not offering that option she continues to expect it.

This is from an article in the Washington Post about how parents create narcissistic children:

I hate to point out something so shallow but Alyssa's mother seems nice but homely.

I wonder if she spoiled Alyssa because Alyssa was probably a fairly cute kid? This might have led to her overvaluing Alyssa, as explained by the Washington Post article and resulting in Alyssa seeing herself as a superior individual.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m just wondering If Alyssa is going to show up to the reunion and if so, will she have a new chin with her?

A new chin?  That presumes she had an old chin to replace,  LOL 🤣  I loved the comment a couple of weeks ago about how she manages to have no chin and a double chin at the same time, LOL.  To whoever said that, it was genius!

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Oh Alyssa's mother. Asking what she needed to say yes on DD. She should've asked what about what her husband needs to say yes to one more second of her BS! What did Alyssa mean by how to go forward because she wasn't talking about being married. 🙄😂 She didn't say enough & she definitely wasn't convincing that she wanted to build a marriage. I wonder if she would've said those magic words & really sold it, Chris wouldn't have said it was his DD. WHY was she so rude to him after? He said he wished her well & she said nothing. He gave her her phone & she said nothing. Oh ya. True colors. Got it. She's a good person y'all!!! 😂 😂

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Racj82 said:

On a side note, I get it with all the expensive Boston talk but damn. This is a lot of grown ass people ready to get married with roommates. How is that even working logistically? 

Same here. None of them seem to be doing well financially.   They are living like new college graduates with their first job!

I was really surprised at their living conditions. One and two roommates each!

Oh well.  Maybe they have huge portfolios!  Lol

• Love 6
4 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Maybe there was bad blood between [Chris] and the roommate over the roommate suddenly not having someone to share the rent with them. 

I assume the show pays for the apartments the couples move into, and that they continue to pay their rent on their own places. 

I think you meant Mark here - What I was alluding to is that the roommate could be upset with Mark presuming that this marriage is going to last and having to deal with the prospect of having to pay rent on their own after the 8 weeks are up.  It's supposed to be a marriage not just last 8 weeks and it still was sprung on them out of the blue with absolutely zero lead time to get ready for it.

• Love 1

There goes O being needy again. As usual. Constantly asking Kat what she thought of his house, his gym, the paint, the curtains, etc. EXHAUSTING!!! He should've asked what she'd like to change to make it comfortable for her.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Katie111 said:

O’s house was really nice.  Could definitely use a woman’s touch but he should be proud to own a house like that, especially if he owns it alone.  It was super cute.  And you could tell he was super proud of it and really wanted Katina to like it.  He’s actually growing on me. 

I agree!  And he told PC that he was the one cooking breakfast every day.  I'll bet if she cooks 2 nights a week and heats up leftovers 2 nights he can be convinced to cook or order out the rest 😃

1 hour ago, Lindz said:

WHY was she so rude to him after? He said he wished her well & she said nothing. He gave her her phone & she said nothing. Oh ya. True colors. Got it. She's a good person y'all!!! 😂 😂

Because I think she truly believes that he was just trying to make her look bad.  She gave him plenty of chances to agree with her that they were both "gypped", plus she offered him use of the apartment for the first 4 weeks!  She's like the nicest person EVER and he's too disrespectful and untrustworthy to see it!  He just keeps on acting like they're married or something!

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Ain't it interesting how Lindsey said how she was feeling & perceived Mark was disagreeing with her statement about her feelings & doubled down, then turned around & rejected what he said he felt?!!!! 😅😂 SO RICH!!!! PC should've pointed that out!

• Love 1

WTF is PC talking about? Lindsey DOES steamroll Mark! He goes along at the time & complains to the cameras later! One thing I got from his ramblings was he was afraid to tell her how he feels because of how she reacted on their honeymoon to his poorly worded request to slow down after promising her a romantic dinner. He should've taken responsibility for his poor execution. He started it! 😅😂 He's a horrible communicator! I at least understand what she says!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, lu1535 said:

I apologize if this has already been asked but how does Alyssa know she's allergic to Chris's dog? When did she meet his dog? 🤨

She doesn't, she just said that she's "allergic to dogs." She apparently even used to be allergic to hers but it's all good now because she had the dog for 10 years and got over it 🙄

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
On 2/16/2022 at 6:52 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

Like shut up with your uptalking, like?

It was like making me crazy with like how much Alyssa kept saying like.  I couldn't like focus on the conversation from like

On 2/16/2022 at 7:06 PM, Mindthinkr said:

I think you are on to something. She was day drinking before Pastor Cal got there. I saw a half empty bottle on the kitchen island. 

Yes, and on the previews, he is shown saying, "drink some more" (paraphrasing).

• Love 4

Count me in as someone who likes Lindsey for the most part. I'm not sure she's continuously drunk or drinking. 

I think Lindsey is trying to "help" Mark, by revising his diet and hydration habits. The clogged toilet reference was in relation to his poor diet. He seems to have an unexpanded palate and is afraid of green vegetables. Didn't he pack a bunch of junk food to take with him to Puerto Rico? Lindsey was (as I was) aghast. Or at least thinking, "Okay, I'll have to fix that." That she started in on him right away was not the best plan, baby steps are always better, but I get where she's coming from. And honestly, Mark needs the help. He's like some child who's never left home. My sister asked me if I liked Mark the Shark, and my response was that I think being Married at First Sight is the only way he would get married. (Okay, that's mean, but he does nothing for me.) 

Mark is resisting change, and Lyndsey needs to figure out that people have to want to change. Mark is not there yet. He's comfortable in his non-hydrated junk food-loving state. If she were to phrase it as she likes him and wants him to live longer, he might be more accepting. Who knows?  

And that perpetual surprised look on his face?  Not my cup of tea. 

#teamLindsey  (at the moment). 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
20 hours ago, OlderThanDirt said:

I think Alyssa was expecting her performance presentation to be the things she said during the conventional camera filming. I'd bet she had no idea they would use her conversational tantrums with production. She's probably going all Rumplestiltskin on seeing what has been broadcast.

I'd really like to see Chris meeting with his buddies and giving them a play by play. 

I thought the editors were brilliant when they cut between Alyssa telling her mom that Chris wanted to defund the police (and yes she has no idea what that actually means), and Chris chatting with his best friend about his ordeal, and stating clearly that his best friend IS A COP.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
11 hours ago, Lindz said:

Lindsey actually coherently said how she felt. Can anyone translate Mark's BS?!!! It was so incoherent. 😅😂

It wasn't the most eloquently stated, but it was pretty clear to me that he feels Lindsey is smothering him.   He has a lot going on personally.  And while she thinks she's helping him by mama bearing his life.  She's creating more stress by not paying attention to what he needs (some space to process and some say in decision making) while at the same time demanding he fulfil all of her emotional needs.   To quote a word used by everyone when it comes to Lindsey, it's "alot"

3 hours ago, cardigirl said:

Mark is resisting change, and Lyndsey needs to figure out that people have to want to change. Mark is not there yet. He's comfortable in his non-hydrated junk food-loving state. If she were to phrase it as she likes him and wants him to live longer, he might be more accepting. Who knows?  

Let us not forgot that at the point of the Pastor Cal conversation, they have known each other a total of maybe 1 - 2 weeks.  I think Mark is open to change, but she needs to slow down.  He's in his late 30s, it's going to take some time to change a lifetime of habits.  

Mark could just as easily demand she quit her drinking for health reasons.  But he hasn't (yet)   

Edited by After7Only
  • Useful 3
  • Love 7
27 minutes ago, After7Only said:

Mark could just as easily demand she quit her drinking for health reasons.  But he hasn't (yet)   

I don't think she really has a problem, but the show is going to emphasize this for drama's sake. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

What was really evident to me is that everyone kept talking about ACE's desire to "be here." That was never the issue. ACE wanted to "be here." She just didn't want to be married to Chris - or anywhere near him for that matter. She wanted exactly the husband she wanted and when she didn't get that (which she decided as soon as she came around the corner and went down the aisle), she wanted the vacation, the apartment, the group activities, and the girl gang.

What you have described is why I am left still frustrated. Why didn't PC grill her on what she means by "I am still here"? If it's not for the relationship with the spouse, it's useless on this show. She needed to explain why she thought she was entitled to the vacation, apartment, group activities and girl gang when she said in no uncertain terms "I hate him" about her spouse. She needed to be asked exactly when was Chris "disrespectful". Asking her to explain herself when she's accusing him of things isn't disrespect. He is entitled to know how he's being disrespectful if she's accusing him of it! Why was she not confronted with the horrible things they caught her saying on the honeymoon? I wanted PC sitting there with a video and they all watch and he asks her to account for her awful behavior. But no. Chris was all class and took the high road and PC let her off the hook as well. Guess I'll have to get my satisfaction seeing her get flamed here and on the Gram.......

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

What you have described is why I am left still frustrated. Why didn't PC grill her on what she means by "I am still here"? If it's not for the relationship with the spouse, it's useless on this show. She needed to explain why she thought she was entitled to the vacation, apartment, group activities and girl gang when she said in no uncertain terms "I hate him" about her spouse. She needed to be asked exactly when was Chris "disrespectful". Asking her to explain herself when she's accusing him of things isn't disrespect. He is entitled to know how he's being disrespectful if she's accusing him of it! Why was she not confronted with the horrible things they caught her saying on the honeymoon? I wanted PC sitting there with a video and they all watch and he asks her to account for her awful behavior. But no. Chris was all class and took the high road and PC let her off the hook as well. Guess I'll have to get my satisfaction seeing her get flamed here and on the Gram.......

I imagine there is a lot of footage they didn't air just for time but I would have liked to have seen that as well. I was very interested to know why ACE felt "disrespected" and what, specifically, Chris said or did that made her feel that way (I don't think there was anything but I would have liked to have seen her try to come up with something). And I, too, would have liked for Pastor Cal to tell ACE that staying in PR didn't "say a lot" as she claimed it did and that refusing to interact 1:1 with Chris wasn't really "being here." Maybe at some point they will give us an "unaired footage" episode.

Or maybe PC didn't bother with the hard questions, knowing that ACE would walk off like a surly toddler in need of a nap.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, cardigirl said:

Count me in as someone who likes Lindsey for the most part. I'm not sure she's continuously drunk or drinking. 

I think Lindsey is trying to "help" Mark, by revising his diet and hydration habits. The clogged toilet reference was in relation to his poor diet. He seems to have an unexpanded palate and is afraid of green vegetables. Didn't he pack a bunch of junk food to take with him to Puerto Rico? Lindsey was (as I was) aghast. Or at least thinking, "Okay, I'll have to fix that." That she started in on him right away was not the best plan, baby steps are always better, but I get where she's coming from. And honestly, Mark needs the help. He's like some child who's never left home. My sister asked me if I liked Mark the Shark, and my response was that I think being Married at First Sight is the only way he would get married. (Okay, that's mean, but he does nothing for me.) 

And that perpetual surprised look on his face?  Not my cup of tea. 

#teamLindsey  (at the moment). 

They have been married 9-10 days max.  I wouldn’t call that resisting change.  Change is getting married at first sight a few days ago.  We may have been watching for a long time but they just got married.  That’s a big change.  Lindsey has no rights to throw his stuff out or change his diet.  Not if she wants to stay married.  What a bossy, controlling B.  She need to stop drinking so much.  How’s that going after 9 or 10 days?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

There was a scene where Lindsey was sitting at a table or counter and there was smoke coming from something next her.  I thought that was strange and wondered if she was a smoker and that was a cigarette in an ashtray.

Recreational Pot is legal in the state.  I’m all for anything that could calm her down.  Maybe stop drinking entirely and just smoke pot.  But her personality would still be problematic.  That tendency to go for the jugular and have no filter.   I didn’t see the ashtray or the smoke.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

They have been married 9-10 days max.  I wouldn’t call that resisting change.  Change is getting married at first sight a few days ago.  We may have been watching for a long time but they just got married.  That’s a big change.  Lindsey has no rights to throw his stuff out or change his diet.  Not if she wants to stay married.  What a bossy, controlling B.  She need to stop drinking so much.  How’s that going after 9 or 10 days?  

Well, I guess I see it as her noticing he's not the healthiest individual. But different strokes, I guess. Maybe she should have let him take care of the crap at the apartment by himself. I certainly would not have wanted to deal with bedbugs, they are notoriously easy to bring into a place and notoriously difficult to get rid of. 

As for the Keurig, yes, there are better ways of telling someone those are not great for the planet. He doesn't strike me as someone who cares about that anyway. But the other things, like bringing him a water bottle (A Nalgene) in different sizes, I thought that was great. 

We'll see how it goes going forward. 

40 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

Recreational Pot is legal in the state.  I’m all for anything that could calm her down.  Maybe stop drinking entirely and just smoke pot.  But her personality would still be problematic.  That tendency to go for the jugular and have no filter.   I didn’t see the ashtray or the smoke.

Yeah, it could have been pot.  I didn't see an ashtray but I saw smoke. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Same here. None of them seem to be doing well financially.   They are living like new college graduates with their first job!

I was really surprised at their living conditions. One and two roommates each!

Not Olajuwon, who people here were thinking is a garbage man.  He's talking about Katina moving in there, so I assume he doesn't have roommates.  I'm guessing he didn't have to shell out to wine and dine all the women he was having sex with, and could put the savings toward a house.

However, I don't think you can judge everything on their residences.  As pointed out above, Lindsey appears to live in an expensive area and therefore has an apartment that is much smaller than she could afford if she lived somewhere else.  Plus, she seems to travel a lot, and apparently chooses to put her money toward that instead of a bigger living space.

All that said, I think the marital apartments are kind of soulless, but there was one overhead shot that showed them being right on the water.  I doubt it's in the middle of all the exciting stuff for young people, but I thought it looked pretty attractive.

19 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

I didn’t see the ashtray or the smoke.

There was no ashtray--just wisps of something.  At first I thought it was smoke, but then decided it was probably a hot drink.  (She does have a husky smoker-type voice, though.) 

But maybe both she and Mark are smokers.  I shake my head at the matches the "experts" make, but putting a nonsmoker and a smoker together would be insane even by those low standards. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Yeah, it could have been pot.  I didn't see an ashtray but I saw smoke. 

I doubt smoking anything is legal indoors.

3 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

At first I thought it was smoke, but then decided it was probably a hot drink.

That makes sense.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

What a true gaslighting, police defunding, aggressive and abusive BASTARD this guy is.  How dare he have such a horrible opinion regarding injustices.

But if he EVER shows up in Houston, I'd like to buy him a beer.  And take him to a local place to purchase some boots.

Take that, ACE.

Edited by Sycophant4Lease
  • Love 22

I am so pissed off! I  missed it and ALL the possibilities I have of seeing it again - On Demand, Lifetime, etc, Have this episode name, BUT only show a repeat of the previous one! Don't have DVR, so am at a loss as to when I can actually see the correct episode. Got the gist of Chris kicking ACE to the curb - good on him - good planning, good strategy, or just plain fed up and not wanting to waste any more of his life on a lying liar who lies, IDK. I hope we will get to see him again at least for a wrap up on his POV, and maybe his life after MAFS.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Sycophant4Lease said:

I hope this is acceptable.

I would think she'd look as swollen as the Michelin Man in these pictures.  You know, since she's so allergic to ALL dogs...............except her own.

A perfect example of what @Racj82 said about people using animals as social media props to look cute. I understand she does animal rescue but she knows cute doggies get a lot of likes.

• Love 5
On 2/17/2022 at 10:13 AM, Racj82 said:

Totally fair. Obviously I'm not a pet person. But, I understand the love and closeness a lot of people have with their pets. While I think it can be a little to obsessive at times, I respect it. But, when you are as rigid as Noi is right now, I have a problem. I'm also sure that the pet really doesn't give a damn long term. Oh no they can't! They won't! You created this dynamic. It's fine when you are on your own but you aren't anymore. 

I will also have this same energy when it comes to how Steve handles his job situation. If he can't bend to her need for security, that's not good either.

Pets should be treated like people, or else don’t have them.  My husband and I took Amtrack from N.Y. To Denver.  You have no idea how many backyards I’ve seen with dogs on short chains in the backyards.  They were probably out there on chains all day.  I was so upset I wrote to Dear Abby so she would post about dogs being chained up.  Pets should never be hit too.  Some people just buy them for protection.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Sycophant4Lease said:

What a true gaslighting, police defunding, aggressive and abusive BASTARD this guy is.  How dare he have such a horrible opinion regarding injustices.

But if he EVER shows up in Houston, I'd like to buy him a beer.  And take him to a local place to purchase some boots.

Take that, ACE.

Look at how aggressively he is pointing to his own t-shirt. I bet Alyssa would be triggered if she was not so busy posing with dogs that she is highly allergic to.

She really is the best person ever!

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
48 minutes ago, becauseIsaidso said:

I am so pissed off! I  missed it and ALL the possibilities I have of seeing it again - On Demand, Lifetime, etc, Have this episode name, BUT only show a repeat of the previous one! Don't have DVR, so am at a loss as to when I can actually see the correct episode. Got the gist of Chris kicking ACE to the curb - good on him - good planning, good strategy, or just plain fed up and not wanting to waste any more of his life on a lying liar who lies, IDK. I hope we will get to see him again at least for a wrap up on his POV, and maybe his life after MAFS.

Try u- tube.