Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E07: This is My Decision Day

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Yes it is. That link I posted is for home sale prices; the rental market is one of the most expensive in the country too. Might be #3, behind NYC and SF. Average rent for a one-bedroom in Boston is around $2500.

The two bedroom, two bathroom apartments down the street from me go for between $16K and $18K per month. Studio's go for $4K. I guess I am just used to different pricing.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Alyssa. 😉👮‍♂️🚔

I keep them straight in my mind  by thinking of them as

"Asshole Alyssa" and "Loud-mouth Lindsay."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

O saying he’s married now so he can’t just grab peanut butter and bread like he used to. Oh, yes the hell you can! Gleeful over forcing Katina to cook every night because it should be her pleasure to fulfill her wifely duties! Get the hell out of here!

Speaking of getting the hell out of here, Michael’s wife (who barely speaks and has no personality so I just scrolled through pages of previous posts to try to find her name and can’t) followed Alyssa right out the door!

Poor Mark just trying to sleep. Lindsey is on 11 even at bedtime—and she’s telling him to quiet down. Her frenetic energy is just too much even if she’s whispering.

The girl just can’t zip it.  She just talks, talks, talks.  Freakin annoying.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, Gator Stud said:

The two bedroom, two bathroom apartments down the street from me go for between $16K and $18K per month. Studio's go for $4K. I guess I am just used to different pricing.

If I recall correctly from last season, you once lived in Houston. So yes, as you well know, these Boston places are expensive.  So perhaps that’s why these adults look like they are living like singles in their early 20s as my original post stated. 

• Love 7

In all fairness, Michael didn't "live with a woman", he had two female roommates.  Big difference.  I think Jasmina is just looking for a reason to bounce.  Was hoping Pastor Cal would inquire about whether they had consummated their marriage. 

Poor Mark.  He seems terrified of Lindsey. On a hyperactive scale of 1 to 10, she is a 15.  I don't think she is a bad person. She is just a handful and takes some getting used to.

I have a feeling Katina doesn't know her way around a kitchen.  I wish Ola luck with his "hot meal" every night.  Can't see that happening.  

I am starting to understand why Steve's father called him a vagabond.  That man has no intentions of getting a full-time job.  I am having a hard time understanding why they paired someone who was born in a refugee camp with someone who is work shy.  

I cheered when Chris said that today is his D-day.  The looks on Alyssa and Cal's faces were priceless.  I hope he told them where they can stick their $50,000 fine.

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I used to DVR this show. These ads are relentless.

2 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I used to DVR this show. These ads are relentless.

You are right, but finding the exact spot you want to watch is a pain too.  I usually wind up going back n forth on the DVR.  The commercials are getting longer and longer.  Very annoying.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Gator Stud said:

That's a house with restricted pricing because it's through an affordable housing program.  There are income restrictions on who can buy that, I think.

Boston is no. 7 on the list of 10 most expensive housing markets in the U.S. according to this page on rocketmortgage.com:

$760 per square foot

Median listing price: ~$770,000

Median selling price: ~$692,000

Average 5% down payment: $35,000

Seller’s market

With the third-highest price per square foot, Boston lands at No. 7 on this list. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Lindsey’s apartment is just like her.  Overdone and too much of everything.  I would be claustrophobic living there.  It makes me nervous, as you don’t know where to look first.  Where’s the bed?  In the wall?  I don’t think Mark likes it.  Plus, there will be five cats there too, and litter boxes all over the place.  Yuk.

Oh, I forgot.  They are moving into the apartment.  Duh.

2 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Boston is expensive - she may be paying for location over size and natural light.

ACE is full of shit, especially as she unironically informs her mother that she and Chris need "better communication" for her to want to stay on decision day. Try giving him your phone number and actually having a conversation with him.

Screw her.  She better learn knitting and buy a rocking chair with that attitude.  Bet she had plenty of boyfriends that dumped the Bitch.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

I think what Mark is trying to say is that he’s afraid to express his feelings to Lindsay because she goes from zero to hot mess in 0.9. and she refuses to admit that. On the positive side she does seem to care about what Mark is going through. 

Lindsey needs a muzzle.  And no more alcohol.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Gator Stud said:

It also depends on the cost of living in an area, not just housing prices.  The price of groceries and salaries are both factors that go into this.  Boston routinely makes the top 10 list of cities with the highest cost of living in the US.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Geez Chris quit being so dense! 
Was Michael thinking of not staying in the apartment either? The ‘experts’ have done a great job matching this season right? 

Except for Noi and Steven, I think they’re odd matches.  And  I do like Lindseys apartment.   

• Love 6
1 hour ago, candall said:

Oh dear.  Mark liked Lindsey at first and they had good sex, and now he's embarrassed to say that the more he got to know her, the less he liked her and her loudness and her OTT persona.

I feel sorry for her that he has come to feel that way, but she is rather a lot.  : (

You said it all. 😀

• Love 4
2 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

How old are these people? I’m really surprised at how some of them live. I get it, if they are in Boston, it’s expensive, and I assume places are smaller than I’m used to (Texas here). But it really seems like people are just starting out like one would in their early 20s with mismatched cheap furniture and hand me downs. Not impressed!

Ah, where in Texas? San Antonio here! 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I wonder if Mark the Shark was a nasty tenant; hence, the bedbugs.  I'd still like to know what went down with him and the landlady.

I want to know how his bedbugs were discovered AFTER he left for his honeymoon!

3 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Lindsey’s apartment is just like her.  Overdone and too much of everything.  I would be claustrophobic living there.  It makes me nervous, as you don’t know where to look first.  Where’s the bed?  In the wall?  I don’t think Mark likes it.  Plus, there will be five cats there too, and litter boxes all over the place.  Yuk.

I actually liked her apartment! But if they stay together they can get a new place - it's not for a couple with 5 cats obviously, but many of the couples who stay together get a new place after decision day; the ones who don't are because one has a nice big house (with double ovens!), not a studio apartment!

The interesting thing to me about Mark and Lindsey was that they had sex on the wedding night - AKA before airplane-gate!  I bet he was thinking "Oh fuck!" on the plane 😄   I thought PC did a good job with them, and I do think their main problem is that the only way he can dial her down is to be cold until she flees to the balcony for meditation, but I find myself liking her more than I thought possible a few episodes ago.  Maybe when they go back to work things will be better because he can have a break.  But although he told her some things with PC, his final TH showed me that he was not totally honest and really has some problems with her.  It looks like they're going to be the big entertainment next week!  Too bad because I'm rooting for them at this point 😫

The other ones I find myself surprised to be rooting for are O and Katina!  I think they're cute, and I liked his house, although yes, some redecorating is in order.  It was sweet that he wanted her to "like his style".  He's immature but I think she might be able to coax him along!

2 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I can believe Michael about his not yelling. Some people think any increased volume is "yelling." 

I agree.  This couple is so dull even their fights are boring 😄  But to me she definitely seems like the one who wants out!

48 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I am starting to understand why Steve's father called him a vagabond.  That man has no intentions of getting a full-time job.  I am having a hard time understanding why they paired someone who was born in a refugee camp with someone who is work shy.  

He seems to know how to work and make money; I still think this is producer-driven to give them an "issue".  It's definitely more interesting than will she/won't she take his last name! 😄

26 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

Why does Jasmina always seem to be yelling when she’s complaining that Michael yells? Why does Jasmina speak with a disrespecting tone when she calls out Michael for being disrespectful? Why did Jasmina gaslight Michael when he questioned her not staying at the apartment?   Jasmina was immediately turned off to the marriage when she learned that Michael would be living in the same city. She was hoping for a long distance husband. I now believe I have some understanding of why such a beautiful woman has never had a relationship that wasn’t long distance. Jasmina is Alyssa 2.5.  Just more passive aggressive.  Talk about talking with a condescending tone or being disrespectful.....

Yep!  Why does a dishonest, untrustworthy, disrespectful girl like Alyssa demand honesty, trust and respect?  They're both projecting.  

Loved, loved, loved Alyssa showing up, lips freshly plumped and eyelashes refreshed, spray tan perfect, only to find out it's her last day on camera!!🤣😂🤣

Edited by princelina
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, candall said:

Oh dear.  Mark liked Lindsey at first and they had good sex, and now he's embarrassed to say that the more he got to know her, the less he liked her and her loudness and her OTT persona.

I feel sorry for her that he has come to feel that way, but she is rather a lot.  : (

I think some of Mark's reaction is justified but I'm not buying that Lindsey being "a lot" is the entire story with him.  He seems to have some unfinished business with his landlord and now a roommate that was never mentioned until this episode.  Nothing was said about the roommate so I have no idea what's behind that story, but I think Lindsey is pissed off that he seems to have boundary issues and complicated "situationships" and emotional entanglements that are coming back to bite him in the ass right now and showing her that perhaps he was not quite ready to get married.  I don't think she would be coming down quite so hard on him if that wasn't on her mind.  If it was just taking care of his mother and having issues with Lindsey herself I don't think he'd be acting the way he is.  And I think that Lindsey would be more willing to let up on him if that's all it was, but I think she senses that it's more than that and it's making her angry.

• Useful 5
  • Love 6
39 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

Why does Jasmina always seem to be yelling when she’s complaining that Michael yells? Why does Jasmina speak with a disrespecting tone when she calls out Michael for being disrespectful? Why did Jasmina gaslight Michael when he questioned her not staying at the apartment?   Jasmina was immediately turned off to the marriage when she learned that Michael would be living in the same city. She was hoping for a long distance husband. I now believe I have some understanding of why such a beautiful woman has never had a relationship that wasn’t long distance. Jasmina is Alyssa 2.5.  Just more passive aggressive.  Talk about talking with a condescending tone or being disrespectful.....

I think that's why Jasmina is Alyssa's only friend among the women...Jasmina has the same feelings about Michael as Alyssa does about Chris but she's not so obviously disdainful and obnoxious about it. I think Jasmina got turned off to Michael at the reception after learning from his sisters that he tends to be negative, and then everything has just reinforced that perception since. Nevermind that she's no Positive Patty herself. At least Michael has an excuse after all the losses he's experienced.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 19
7 minutes ago, gingerandcloves said:

I think that's why Jasmina is Alyssa's only friend among the women...Jasmina has the same feelings about Michael as Alyssa does about Chris but she's not so obviously disdainful and obnoxious about it. I think Jasmina got turned off to Michael at the reception after learning from his sisters that he tends to be negative, and then everything has just reinforced that perception since. Nevermind that she's no Positive Patty herself. At least Michael has an excuse after all the losses he's experienced.

Honestly, I find Michael positively radiant, upbeat and personable compared to Jasmina.  Although that's not saying much, LOL.  At least he cracks a smile every now and then and tries to be flexible.  She is just a rigid downer all the time and I don't think it's just because she doesn't like him.  I think that's just the way she is.  The irony of her getting all over him about reacting to things negatively when she is more negative in general than he is is not lost on me.

• Like 1
  • Love 22
32 minutes ago, Peachyqueen said:

Ah, where in Texas? San Antonio here! 

Htown! 😉

31 minutes ago, princelina said:

I want to know how his bedbugs were discovered AFTER he left for his honeymoon!

I posted the same last week. It makes no sense. Was his landlord IN his apartment while he was getting married or in Mexico? The story has holes, for sure!

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
10 minutes ago, CSunshine76 said:

Htown! 😉

I posted the same last week. It makes no sense. Was his landlord IN his apartment while he was getting married or in Mexico? The story has holes, for sure!

More info on the aftershow.  Don't know if I'm allowed to post it on this thread. 

• Useful 4
16 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Honestly, I find Michael positively radiant, upbeat and personable compared to Jasmina.  Although that's not saying much, LOL.  At least he cracks a smile every now and then and tries to be flexible.  She is just a rigid downer all the time and I don't think it's just because she doesn't like him.  I think that's just the way she is.  The irony of her getting all over him about reacting to things negatively when she is more negative in general than he is is not lost on me.

I agree. She's worse than he is. I don't know what makes her so miserable.

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

In my fantasy mind I imagine that Chris negotiated with the producers to get out of his contract with minimal penalty.  He's a very smart man and understands strategy and negotiation given his line of work.  How could the show expect him to go on with this ridiculous person and situation?  Actually I don't think the show wanted it to go on either.  I'll bet they probably told him he could back out without penalty to save them the task of giving her the boot themselves.  

I thought they don't get the financial penalty unless they leave the show - if he stays open to getting together for some fake conversation so they can "explore why it didn't work" or whatever, he's okay.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, princelina said:

I thought they don't get the financial penalty unless they leave the show - if he stays open to getting together for some fake conversation so they can "explore why it didn't work" or whatever, he's okay.

True, maybe they'll follow him for a while to let us in on what's going on with him and have him get together with the others from time to time.  I hope they show him going on dates, LOL.

• Like 1
  • Love 10
43 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I think some of Mark's reaction is justified but I'm not buying that Lindsey being "a lot" is the entire story with him.  He seems to have some unfinished business with his landlord and now a roommate that was never mentioned until this episode.  Nothing was said about the roommate so I have no idea what's behind that story, but I think Lindsey is pissed off that he seems to have boundary issues and complicated "situationships" and emotional entanglements that are coming back to bite him in the ass right now and showing her that perhaps he was not quite ready to get married.  I don't think she would be coming down quite so hard on him if that wasn't on her mind.  If it was just taking care of his mother and having issues with Lindsey herself I don't think he'd be acting the way he is.  And I think that Lindsey would be more willing to let up on him if that's all it was, but I think she senses that it's more than that and it's making her angry.

I didn't hear anything about Mark having a secret roommate?  Just Michael and his two. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, CSunshine76 said:

Htown! 😉

two days before the wedding the bedbugs were discovered. The couch and the bed were thrown out. Before the wedding.  Other things were thrown out.

PS they weren’t in Mexico - Puerto Rico.  During the honeymoon the landlord sent the new lease that forbid having pets. Since Mark describes her as being like a second mother she clearly knew that he had the cats. I think she clearly knew he had gotten married as well and she probably didn’t see herself as a second mother but as a first wife.

• Useful 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Noi has no idea how much work it is to be a parent. How about let’s start with one.

It's so frustrating hearing people dead set on a specific number of kids. My super religious cousin wanted FIVE kids when she got married and after two she had her husband snip snipped. The two were enough! It's so much hard work and it's expensive. Maybe Noi will realize that someday but she's got some sort of fixation on three kids. Marriage is about compromise. If Steve only wants two kids maybe that's a good number to come together on?

• Love 7

Noi's refusal to compromise on the number of kids is so ridiculous. Like Pastor Cal said, you just don't know. It drives me crazy when people just assume they can have as many kids as they want whenever they want. Life doesn't always work out that way. 

• Love 13

I'm firmly on Steve's side on the dog in the bed situation. Ugh. I think it's enough of a compromise to let it sleep in the bedroom.

Noi isn't firmly in reality about the kids situation either. You can say you want three, but you can't assume that's what you're going to end up with. It rarely works out that way...either you wind up with fewer due to infertility, money issues, being overwhelmed, etc. or sometimes you have multiples, or you have an unexpected pregnancy, or just decide that you want more than what you originally envisioned. I hope she doesn't have her hopes pinned to that magic 3 number.

• Love 9

Holy crap, Shark and Lindsey. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. You know there's more in store. And not just because Lindsey had already gone through a half bottle of wine by the time Cal showed up.

Of course she's angry--MTS was ready to go in the sack, then moved back when all the shit hit the various fans. She took over his infested apartment bug out (sorry), not realizing it was freaking him the fuck out. He's afraid of the blowback from telling her to back off a bit. She's not listening--or rather, hearing what he means (thanks for the clarification, Cal). She knows there's more behind the curtain and any trust she had in him is waning or gone. I'm reserving comment on Mark, because while I understand his dilemma, we don't know the whole story and it looks nasty from here. Seriously, other than rhyming, do we know (or want to know) how Shark was earned?

• Love 11
33 minutes ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

I didn't hear anything about Mark having a secret roommate?  Just Michael and his two. 

It was in the scene about an hour and 20 minutes into the episode when Lindsey confronts Mark in the apartment.  She says, "I'm having a really hard time with you, Mark.  I feel like I'm getting two different versions of you since the honeymoon and your phone started blowing up from Denise and your roommate."  I'm presuming Denise is the landlady.  Who the roommate is is anybody's guess.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Grow the hell up, Steve. Sushi needs to be treated like the king he is. That’s how I’ve always treated my dogs.

One of my long list of why I don't like pets and would never want to paired with someone who loves animals.

Now, an actual human being is supposed to be squeezed into her preexisting set up with her pet. What he wants be damned. Much like Erik and Virginia, the guy both times, are not saying the pets have to go. But, please make some allowances for my comfort. No, things will remain the way it always has been. For me. Compromise? What the hell is that word?

• Love 18

Olajuwon was kinda cute showing his place to Katina. You can tell he's really proud of it. It's a nice looking house, but I agree with Katina, it could use some redecorating.

I love Lindsey's apartment. In fact, I have one of the same planters she does. I also noticed a weighted blanket on their bed that looks identical to the one I have. Mark's apartment though, with all those inspirational quotes - oh my Lord. And why did they put all the cats together? I would at least have kept them in separate rooms for a week or so.

Steve's apartment with all the LED lights, what the what? I think that would've sent me running.

I do think Michael was shady never mentioning that he had female roommates even though Jasmina told him she had a male one. I don't blame Jasmina for being a bit pissed. But she also wasn't truthful when she said she couldn't stay at the new apartment because she had to figure out the dog situation, when really she just wanted space.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I know pet lovers won't love this but why do you even have pets in a cramped place like that? There is barely enough room for you and all this clutter and cats on top of that jumping around everywhere.

They might have five cats up in there? That's a no go. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, gingerandcloves said:

I love Lindsey's apartment. In fact, I have one of the same planters she does. I also noticed a weighted blanket on their bed that looks identical to the one I have. Mark's apartment though, with all those inspirational quotes - oh my Lord. And why did they put all the cats together? I would at least have kept them in separate rooms for a week or so.

I love her apartment too.  It's very original and eclectic.  It has a lot of old world charm with that fireplace and great exposed brick.  She has cute artwork too.  Mark didn't seem to appreciate it.  He called her an "Earth mama" because of the plants and the cats.  He wanted it to be bigger to make it easier for him to just move in there.  I can understand why she went for the studio in what is probably a more expensive neighborhood where she can least afford it without needing a roommate.

• Love 11
16 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

I'm firmly on Steve's side on the dog in the bed situation. Ugh. I think it's enough of a compromise to let it sleep in the bedroom.

Noi isn't firmly in reality about the kids situation either. You can say you want three, but you can't assume that's what you're going to end up with. It rarely works out that way...either you wind up with fewer due to infertility, money issues, being overwhelmed, etc. or sometimes you have multiples, or you have an unexpected pregnancy, or just decide that you want more than what you originally envisioned. I hope she doesn't have her hopes pinned to that magic 3 number.

I fell off Noi in this episode.

I feel like she is just living in her world and just want to insert someone into it. Not share a life. Live her life with a guy in it.

As a guy, I know we don't all have the best decoration skills but I'm really tired of women on this show just ready to cast out any and everything a man has. It's supposed to be cute but it's not to me. You will be in shared living place. It's not YOUR home.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

I know pet lovers won't love this but why do you even have pets in a cramped place like that? There is barely enough room for you and all this clutter and cats on top of that jumping around everywhere.

They might have five cats up in there? That's a no go. 

I love pets but what I don't understand is all these active young people with so many pets.  When I was their age I didn't think it was fair to pets to be out working all day and often in the evenings and on weekends.  Those pets are home all the time when their owners are out.  And they have to find people to sit them when they go away.  I couldn't have managed pets when I was their age with all I had going on and I would have felt bad not being home enough for them either.  It seems like every season we get people with more and more pets.  First they had one, then two, now often both partners have at least 2 or 3 pets each.  It's out of control.  Is that something to do with the young generation today?  Most young single people I knew when I was young didn't have pets in an apartment (most of the time they weren't even allowed) and waited until they were married and someone was home more often to take care of them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

His apartment looked a mess.

No one can actually judge whether or not his place was a mess. It was ran through because of the bedbugs. Not saying he is the cleanest in the world. But, he can't be judged on the condition of that place right now. Not fully.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Yeah No said:

I love pets but what I don't understand is all these active young people with so many pets.  When I was their age I didn't think it was fair to pets to be out working all day and often in the evenings and on weekends.  Those pets are home all the time when their owners are out.  And they have to find people to sit them when they go away.  I couldn't have managed pets when I was their age with all I had going on and I would have felt bad not being home enough for them either.  It seems like every season we get people with more and more pets.  First they had one, then two, now often both partners have at least 2 or 3 pets each.  It's out of control.  Is that something to do with the young generation today?  Most young single people I knew when I was young didn't have pets in an apartment (most of the time they weren't even allowed) and waited until they were married and someone was home more often to take care of them.

I've noticed that the world is obsessed with pets now. The amount of people that have pets now is crazy. It's a real high percentage. It was not always that high.

Some of that is this Instagram culture. Taking pictures all day, etc. Pets are good for that type of stuff. 

Some it's an accessory thing.

I've noticed a lot of women have pets. I think a lot of women have a problem living alone. I'm not trying to generalize. I've just noticed men being far more okay with being alone than women. I've also seen a lot of women get pets right after break ups which plays into my previous statement. 

I remember the guy that used to co host the mafs podcast with Tara never thought people with pets should be on the show and he had a fundamental problem with pets in general. The problem being that it feels like a lot of people use pets in place of a relationship. That's how you end up with shit like Noi who must sleep with her dog every night while ignoring her spouses feelings.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8