Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E07: This is My Decision Day

• Start Topic

37 minutes ago, qtpye said:

There was also the guy from Africa with the double ovens and his wife....forgot their names.

Greg's father is Nigerian. His mother is American. He mentioned that she was from one of the Carolina's. Deonna was wary of him complementing her too much. 

As far as whether or not it was realistic for Alyssa to think the show would pair her with an attractive man, plenty of the women whose marriages failed had some initial attraction to their spouse. She might have been fine with someone like Houston Ryan or Atlanta Erik.

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, Rae Spellman said:

Greg's father is Nigerian. His mother is American. He mentioned that she was from one of the Carolina's. Deonna was wary of him complementing her too much. 

As far as whether or not it was realistic for Alyssa to think the show would pair her with an attractive man, plenty of the women whose marriages failed had some initial attraction to their spouse. She might have been fine with someone like Houston Ryan or Atlanta Erik.

Houston Ryan actually knows Alyssa. I saw a Twitter post where one of his friends warned him to watch out because Alyssa is going to Texas and might be heading his way.  He said she’s not really that bad and that she most likely would go to Austin, not Houston.  

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
22 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

Houston Ryan actually knows Alyssa. I saw a Twitter post where one of his friends warned him to watch out because Alyssa is going to Texas and might be heading his way.  He said she’s not really that bad and that she most likely would go to Austin, not Houston.  

I don't think this is what they mean by "keep Austin weird..."

• LOL 3
7 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I don't think this is what they mean by "keep Austin weird..."

But perhaps it was!! Hey, she already has the boots!

Edited by ByTor
  • LOL 1
On 2/26/2022 at 4:56 PM, Kira53 said:

I think Olajuwon is very much wanting to not be Isaac with his wife. I believe that Katina agrees.  He is serious about the marriage and doesn’t want to treat her like those other women.  He really want her to be his queen, a woman of value.  Issac was disconnected to those woman. If you listen to him on the after party you will find him to be sensitive and reflect cave he has good insight into other people’s behavior and I believe this is extremely intentional. It doesn’t mean that he’s not sexually attracted but he’s had enough sex to know that that is not enough for what he wants in a marriage he does want connection and Katina seems to accept him and push him to be his best self.

I completely agree with your assessment of Olaj - he has been thoughtful, committed and astute about his assessments of others on the show. But I also think the no sex is coming from Katina. If she was open to it, I don't think he would put her off.

• Love 1
On 2/19/2022 at 5:05 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

"Smoke" was just one description of what it looked like.  I called it wisps.  I think what it was was vapor, which does happen indoors with hot drinks, and with diffusers.

I don't know anybody who smokes pot or nicotine as a cigarette--they all vape.  But what we saw was definitely not vaping.  I'm the one who suspected a hot drink, but I think that was because I've never seen a diffuser before; now that I know what they look like, I'm going with that.

But to me, that's at odds with his being such a player.  Round heelers don't typically read as humble to me, and in fact probably the opposite.  But maybe he feels playerly confident only around a certain class of women.  Yikes.

One thing I've noticed about Katina that I can't not notice now is her way of mispronouncing words to end in "in."  Like "husbind" instead of "husband," or "apartmint" instead of "apartment." 

What stood out to me was when he was getting upset when talking to Cal, Lindsey said, "You want water?"  I can see offering someone a kleenex if they're snotting up the place, but surely this grown man knows if he wants water or not.  And he didn't. 

And why was he needing to divest himself of his possessions right then?  This was not the time to be deciding whether to keep the family plates.  Why didn't he just get a storage space or use a friend's garage instead of putting his stuff in Lindsey's tiny apartment?  More practical, plus he could put off the keep or toss decisions that must have seemed like a lot when added to getting married and evicted in the course of a few days.

“Why” you say?  Because Lindsey said so.  He didn’t even have a minute to think, as she just interjects.  She’s one big pain in the ass.  Trying to control him from Day one.  Looks like he can fend for himself, as he’s still alive.  She makes me nervous just by talking.  I can’t imagine living with her.  She needs a muzzle, like for a big dog.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 2/23/2022 at 7:05 PM, antfitz said:

Alyssa keeps saying she's a good person. 

I think it was fitting that they used her saying that as the last thing she said on the show.😊

• LOL 1
  • Love 1