Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E12: One on One (Part 2)

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

I watched the rest of the episode. I'm really curious about what went on between the wives when Robyn joined the family, as things were alluded to in this episode around bullying and giving Robyn a hard time. It is certainly implied that Christine definitely did not want Robyn around, and I can't figure out what Janelle is talking about when she implies issues between her and Robyn in the past and "trying again" to work on their relationship. I don't remember any problems between Robyn and Janelle on camera during the entire series. They only ever talked about the issues between Janelle and Meri. 

Robyn's crying is over the top, but I think she has been made into the scapegoat for things that should fall directly on Kody.

Did the wives have a say in Kody taking a 4th wife, or did he just announce that's what he was doing? 

Just my opinion, but I think that Kody and Meri keeping a good part of the courtship of Robyn a secret, was the first big warning flag in this situation.  

I think Janelle's issue was money and another family to care for where the mom is not working.  Robyn wanted her to help with MSWC and that was Robyn's project that was never going to be more than a one person endeavor or a money maker.  Janelle seems to be a person who doesn't really have time for anyone's nonsense.  Janelle was probably more concerned about trying to find herself a full time paying job for a little financial security

I think where Meri liked Robyn she also said she was jealous of her.  I know K & M had problems before Robyn came along, but they still seemed like they were very much in love when the show started.

Yes I believe that Christine was crushed when Robyn came into the family.  Jealousy aside, she made the statement, I lost my best friend.  Yes I think in the back of her mind, the relationship she had with Kody was forever changed and not for the good.

No I don't think any of them had a say in Kody marrying her.  I believe that is the way it is in some polygamists families.  Maybe only a few wives will even know about it before it happens.  Some families actually sit down and discuss the prospective wive and what they think about her.

16 minutes ago, notnowimbusy said:

Janelle used to manage the finances.  She realized that the Lehi house would not accommodate Robyn and her three kids meant making the money go further to allow for a rental away from the Lehi house.  Stretching the budget even further.   She also may have known that Robyn was bring with her a $38K debt from her divorce, and absolutely no assets.    So what actually was she adding to the "family"?  

I don't think they paid any of Robyn's previous debt made before joining the family.  I feel there was only enough money for rent and utilities and food.

They might have paid some debt before they were trying to build the homes in Vegas, so she would qualify for a loan.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, notnowimbusy said:

Janelle used to manage the finances.  She realized that the Lehi house would not accommodate Robyn and her three kids meant making the money go further to allow for a rental away from the Lehi house.  Stretching the budget even further.   She also may have known that Robyn was bring with her a $38K debt from her divorce, and absolutely no assets.    So what actually was she adding to the "family"?  

Robyn was adding 4 more people to the family, debt, and a fertile reproductive system.  Resources were spread thin already, so no wonder two of the wives were less than thrilled to add more mouths to feed and people to house.

Kody, of course, was happy to get a new younger, thinner wife and start to make babies. Then there was the show and the income and opportunities from that— which resulted partly from adding another wife to the family.

• Love 20
11 hours ago, Claire Voyant said:

He can only have sex with someone he loves, so he says, so apparently, he falls out of love with women who dare to think for themselves.    

Sounds like Kody is the one who deceived Meri, Janelle & Christine into marrying him.

Meri always claimed that the existing wives have a say before a new wife joins the family, but she said it like it was a principle, implying that it was true their fambly. But I've always thought it was Meri, the HBIC that allowed it hoping Robyn would stand by her in fights with Janelle & Christine.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 3
  • Love 14
On 2/8/2022 at 11:56 PM, kicotan said:

Well, technically, they didn’t enter into a monogamous marriage, so having other wives aren’t “affairs”, in their religious point of view.  

I suppose that's why it bothers me. Meri was the "legal" marriage, and the other 3 were willing affair/wombs. Sexual and emotional intimacy IS an affair. If it were both ways, I'd see it as a religious cultural experience. But Meri's emotional and fantasy affair was nothing like Kody's in-your -face, I'm intimate with everyone but you. Meri didn't deserve that aggressive disgust, and outward anger from Kody, the biggest hypocrite of all.

• Love 21
On 2/10/2022 at 7:19 PM, Ymminy said:

C’mon guys, we don’t have to ask what the nanny does! The answer is, clearly, absolutely everything.  Taking care of Sol and Ari, cleaning the house, wiping down the packages…

The real question is, what does Robyn do?  Besides cry and bang Kody, that is.

I seriously doubt she is banging Kody. It wouldn’t surprise me if part of Kody’s anger and stress comes from being sexually frustrated because Robyn won’t let him come near her (pun intended)

On 2/10/2022 at 7:37 PM, notnowimbusy said:

Easy……TROUBLE! LOTS OF IT!

Edited by LilyD
added sentence
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8
On 2/7/2022 at 6:54 PM, jaybird2 said:

where was meri in the  tell all?

When Kody was singing his COVID blues, he said Robyn was the compliant wife. Then he said Janelle was compliant but not her kids. Then he pointed out that Christine was not compliant. But Kody didn’t mention Meri at all in this conversation. When Sukanya asked about Meri, Kody dismissed the topic. He said there’s nothing to talk about with Meri.  After that exchange, Meri basically disappeared from the show.   

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
16 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

Plus a stack of Victoria's Secret bills.

I have a vague recollection of Robyn coming up to Janelle in one of the kitchens with a handful of bills asking "where do I put these?"  I guess if I had been Janelle, my response would have been---where the sun don't shine.

• LOL 19
  • Love 4
On 2/9/2022 at 8:44 AM, BAForever said:

Kody married Robyn to pitch a show to TLC so he could be on teevee and not have to have a 9 to 5 job like the rest of us. Nothing else will ever convince me otherwise. 

So when it's just the Sobbyn/KoDouche marriage.... Is the show still gonna be on the air?

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

I’m trying to understand what this “greater family” is that he keeps talking about. If it doesn’t include Christine and her kids, and Janelle and hers, how is it their greater family?   Many of the adult kids no longer make the pilgrimage to see K🤢dy. Christine, Janelle, and even Meri travel to see their kids. Is this a not so subtle way of saying that everyone who doesn’t join Sobyn and her spawn at these gatherings is not considered    K🤢dy’s family? This is strange, even for plygs. Yes, the older wives are often treated badly when a new one comes in, and their kids are neglected. Carolyn Jessop defined polygamy as serial monogamy, and there is always one “real” wife who is in charge, but each wife and her kids are considered part of the whole family. Is this just one  more example of K🤢dy running his mouth before engaging his brain?

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Adeejay said:

When Kody was singing his COVID blues, he said Robyn was the compliant wife. Then he said Janelle was compliant but not her kids. Then he pointed out that Christine was not compliant. But Kody didn’t mention Meri at all in this conversation. When Sukanya asked about Meri, Kody dismissed the topic. He said there’s nothing to talk about with Meri.  After that exchange, Meri basically disappeared from the show.   

Meri had most of the time in the part 1 episode, then Robin and Christina and Janelle very little.   So it makes sense to me that Meri had very little this time. Especially since a lot of it still dealt with Christine and  Janelle’s guidelines that didn’t match Kody’s.  

• Love 6
13 hours ago, goofygirl said:

So when it's just the Sobbyn/KoDouche marriage.... Is the show still gonna be on the air?

Oh, without a doubt!!!!!
They'll have STACKS of sister wife replacement applications to go through, (headshots included) sitting there at their desk while the nanny runs around after the kids.  As hard as it is to imagine, these people actually have FANS that admire them.  🧐🧐

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

...that’s what these grown women signed up for-including the part about obeying him.  It’s not like they weren’t familiar with the whole Mormon Fundie thing-they were all over turning their lives and wombs over to Kody to direct as he saw fit.  They are just as, if not MORE misogynistic than he is.

Well, technically, they didn’t enter into a monogamous marriage, so having other wives aren’t “affairs”, in their religious point of view.  

I don't believe that is what the women signed for initially, all 4 of the women have talked about the "sisterhood" and sharing work\primary care of the children as their number one calling. Look at Robyn she's devastated at the thought of the family splitting apart.

They may have entered a spiritual monogamous  commitment with Kody, but I don't believe lusting after/ or flirting with someone as single as them, is hardly breaking Kody's inbred monogamous rules.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, kicotan said:

Oh, without a doubt!!!!!
They'll have STACKS of sister wife replacement applications to go through, (headshots included) sitting there at their desk while the nanny runs around after the kids.  As hard as it is to imagine, these people actually have FANS that admire them.  🧐🧐

I think more viewers will be interested in the long term effort of fringe-based monogamy on the women and children. We want to know if the women who leave, seek monogamous mates, or if they avoid marriage together. And finally, are the Children going to turn their backs on such an archaic belief system that deems women valuable only if hey can give birth. BIG ICK THERE

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 11

Unfortunately, that’s a common thread in a LOT of religions, but since we are only talking about this particular family’s religion, then yea, that’s what these grown women signed up for-including the part about obeying him.  It’s not like they weren’t familiar with the whole Mormon Fundie thing-they were all over turning their lives and wombs over to Kody to direct as he saw fit.

You refer to these "grown women" as signing up their wombs and obeyance (sp?). How can you believe that, knowing since they were brought into this cult they've been brainwashed to believe their only value is to be subservient and fertile.

Can you imagine if the women had this power? I doubt that kody would be picked in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd draft, lol. He's so naive and unworldly..

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 2/10/2022 at 1:36 PM, deirdra said:

Sounds like Kody is the one who deceived Meri, Janelle & Christine into marrying him.

Meri always claimed that the existing wives have a say before a new wife joins the family, but she said it like it was a principle, implying that it was true their fambly. But I've always thought it was Meri, the HBIC that allowed it hoping Robyn would stand by her in fights with Janelle & Christine.

"The wives having a say". Imo, based on my reading, this is the ideal. Or the big lie. Irene Spencer discussed her heartbreak each time Verlan added a new wife. 

In the Browns book, they briefly  discussed the 2nd candidate. She was underage, so it was an engagement until she turned 18. During that engagement, Christine applied for wife #3. When the engagement fell through, Christine backed off, not wanting to be #2. Janelle and Kody married quickly, then Christine joined. I'd be interested to know if Meri "picked" Christine. I'm guessing she didn't have much of a voice about Janelle. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
On 2/10/2022 at 1:19 PM, Ymminy said:

C’mon guys, we don’t have to ask what the nanny does! The answer is, clearly, absolutely everything.  Taking care of Sol and Ari, cleaning the house, wiping down the packages…

I was rewatching season 1 and Sobin cries about everything!

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, StufftoSay said:

Robyn thinks Christine should “work it out” to suppress her needs in order to preserve their planet or whatever it is.

Right...and it's easy for Robyn to say when she's getting all the 'cookies' the Christine suppresses.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Chalby said:

How can you believe that, knowing since they were brought into this cult they've been brainwashed to believe their only value is to be subservient and fertile.

Thank you for the reply!  I’ll try to answer your question, best I can.

I believe what they said their motivation was for entering into the relationship they have with Kody.  They were adults, completely familiar with the concept of sharing one husband with multiple wives and making as many babies as possible so God will be happy.  If being subservient and fertile fulfills them, more power to them!  That’s the beauty of living in a country where a woman legally has a choice, and all of them were well aware and over the moon when they chose to hook up with Kody.

When everything is peachy, folk call it tradition and religion.  When things start going sideways, all of a sudden it’s brainwashing and cult.  To me, it’s wholly subjective.  Since Scientology became an official religion, according to the government, there are people who STILL call their members brainwashed and their official government-sanctioned religion a cult.  The Brown Family adults have professed that they believe in the original revelation  of Joseph Smith.  Polygyny is a tenet, of many, that he divinely received when an Angel visited him and instructed him regarding what God wanted him to lead people to do.  It’s where the Book of Mormon comes from.

Personally, I’ve never belonged to a religion that teaches I need anyone besides myself to have an awesome relationship with my creator.  I have studied many religions because I find it fascinating that so many folk rely on dogma dictated to them by a MAN, who claims to have been visited by a vision, dream or supernatural event, sent by God to make a whole bunch of rules/hoops to abide by/jump through.  It’s the reason I started watching this freak show back when it started.

Fundie Mormons have existed since it began.  They went underground when the federal government started throwing around confiscation of assets, jail time and whatnot as a consequence of practicing polygyny in the U.S.  The ones that renounced it enjoy fellowship with the LDS religion based out of Salt Lake City.  Maybe these women will renounce Fundie Mormonism and ask to be allowed into the LDS church-maybe they won’t and they’ll find another Fundie Mormon family to hook up with-they have choices, just like they have always had, and they’ve known it the whole time.

Edited by kicotan
Grammar
  • Useful 7
  • Love 5
On 2/10/2022 at 1:19 PM, Ymminy said:

Robyn is the only one allowed to handle Kody's package! 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1

TLC dropped a new sneak peak on FB.  OMG Clearly Kody & Robyn rehearsed.  Robyn says she found fractures in the family once she married Kody.  It seems, in her judgemental mind, they never dealt with issues, or "they didn't know how" "didn't have the "tools" to do it.   In other words she felt duped, was clearly the only one who knows the proper way to fix fractures in relationships (except her first marriage), self-righteousness oozing out of her.  Kody comes on to say "They" were on their best behavior when he was courting Robyn.  It was obvious they had agreed on a story to make the other wives seem totally to blame. UGH!

• Useful 5
  • Love 7

Robyn was happy to find the fractures so she could finish breaking. I think she knew this going in and it all played into her greedy hands. What was shown on air for years was a façade. I don’t believe there was much intimacy with the other three after Robyn. At the time the others were still fertile but guess what? No more babies with them. Only Robyn. They had to keep up appearances because, after all, they were supposed to be Polygamists. When was the last time they practiced their faith on air.  It’s all a fraud and a sham. 

• Love 23
14 hours ago, notnowimbusy said:

TLC dropped a new sneak peak on FB.  OMG Clearly Kody & Robyn rehearsed.  Robyn says she found fractures in the family once she married Kody.  It seems, in her judgemental mind, they never dealt with issues, or "they didn't know how" "didn't have the "tools" to do it.   In other words she felt duped, was clearly the only one who knows the proper way to fix fractures in relationships (except her first marriage), self-righteousness oozing out of her.  Kody comes on to say "They" were on their best behavior when he was courting Robyn.  It was obvious they had agreed on a story to make the other wives seem totally to blame. UGH!

I saw that clip, and Kody says Robyn gave everyone an A+ when she came on board and now he is a B+ and the wives all went downhill. He doesn’t even try to hide the favoritism, such an ass. 

• Love 19
15 hours ago, notnowimbusy said:

Did she not realize that this would probably happen in any family?  Polygamy is not a natural institution.  There will always be friction with the wives.  There was jealousy in the Darger and Williams homes.  They speak about it.  Don't know about obvious favorites, 

• Love 13
On 2/12/2022 at 4:58 PM, notnowimbusy said:

Right after reading this, I realized that in addition to needing a vomit 🤮 emoji on Primetimer, we also need an angry 😡 emoji, because Sobyn Goblyn and her attitude make me feel stabby 🤬👿

Edited by HighlandWarriorGrl
  • Love 19
10 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Polygamy is not a natural institution. 

I grew up in the country, so I have a bit of a different view on things that are typically considered natural.  Mom was afraid of any animal bigger than she was so we ended up with chickens, ducks, goats, dogs & cats.  The ONLY reason to own/keep an uncastrated male goat was to breed the females, full stop.  He had to be kept in a separate pen because he was a mean and nasty destructive bully ALL the time.  If our females-5 of them, had males, they were castrated ASAP so that they would just be gentle lawnmowers/weed eaters.

”Nature” doesn’t require or endorse monogamy or polygamy, however it is a rare  species that forms monogamous pairings.  If Kody had stopped at Meri he’d only have produced one offspring, instead of the 18 he claims to be the “father” of to make his God happy with him.  In the early Mormon days, the polygamous husband was about as useful as that one male uncastrated goat we kept around in a separate pen.  The wives were lucky to see him any other time than when they could get knocked up.  Kody’s religion has reduced him to the solitary goat pen, reserved for angry, mean, testosterone filled, single-minded bullies while his offspring go about free, living their lives, unburdened by the pressure of a religious edict that reduces them to “stud” or “breeder”.

I think this show is the BEST thing that happened for the adult Brown’s collective 18 children.  It shined a HUGE spotlight on the adult’s choices for having so many of them-(because God said)-and picking ONE man to be father (God’s appointed Stud) to them all.  To me, the whole premise is ridiculous, because polygyny or not, these women have proudly proclaimed him to be the father of 18 children.  In the natural world, none of the females he impregnated would give him a second thought after they were done having sex, except to put as much distance between them as possible because, y’know, he might eat the baby.  LOL!!!😀

• Useful 6
  • LOL 3
  • Love 15
On 2/12/2022 at 6:17 PM, magemaud said:

Every time Sukanya interviewed Kody, I couldn't help but imagine a thought bubble over her head saying, "What the hell do these four women SEE in this idiot?" 

Funny you say this... I have visions of her "constantly rolling her eyes" at all the things the Browns say. I'm sure this is why the cameras are mostly on the Browns!

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
On 2/11/2022 at 9:13 AM, kicotan said:

Oh, without a doubt!!!!!

A 'Joy book ' with pictures of feet too?😏

• LOL 3
5 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

More like bang Kody and then cry.

Cry while banging Kody! 
Ok, let's be real, it would be cry before, during and after.

#BecauseICry

#TearsForJesus

#LuvgvsUsTears (can't stand her dumb Twitter handle)

#ItsNeverMyFaultWah

#KodySux --oh, probably not this one. This one's mine.

• LOL 8
On 2/10/2022 at 2:08 PM, ginger90 said:

Interesting that Janelle has no mention of her job with the state listed on LinkedIn. It also seems she hasn’t bothered to update it.

6F6EE765-66A7-4CBE-BE8C-4F400077A5F5.jpeg

8A2F4B8D-061F-4031-9018-41F2DDFD8B03.jpeg

Time for me to update my LinkedIn with President.  President of fat old lady sitting on the couch, eating everything in sight, getting fatter. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
On 2/7/2022 at 10:42 AM, kicotan said:

Interviewer:  “ So, Janelle, do you want to be Robyns friend?”

Janelle:  “Well, uh, the desire is there but, uh, you know, I just don’t know “

Interviewer: “Well, do you want to have a deeper relationship, a good sister wife relationship with her?”

Janelle:  “Well, you know, um like, I don’t know, I just, uh, I don’t know, I just don’t know, Y’know the relationship Christine and I have is because we were raising kids together, so, haha, y’know I just don’t know, you know I felt really put on the spot with that conversation so I was like, well I don’t know, I just don’t know, y’know, I don’t know”

I had NO idea Janelle could tap dance that fast.

Janelle may have been reticent to  become close to Robyn because, perhaps, being friends with Robyn means she gives Kody full reports on your business.  

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, Just Wondering said:

Janelle may have been reticent to  become close to Robyn because, perhaps, being friends with Robyn means she gives Kody full reports on your business.  

I wouldn't trust Robyn on a bet.  She's bending Kootie's ear day and night, backstabbing the sister wives she loves (to hate) so much.  

• Love 17
On 2/10/2022 at 12:08 PM, ginger90 said:

Interesting that Janelle has no mention of her job with the state listed on LinkedIn. It also seems she hasn’t bothered to update it.

6F6EE765-66A7-4CBE-BE8C-4F400077A5F5.jpeg

8A2F4B8D-061F-4031-9018-41F2DDFD8B03.jpeg

They are probably still paying off the University of Phoenix

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 2/18/2022 at 6:37 PM, Just Wondering said:

Interviewer:  “ So, Janelle, do you want to be Robyns friend?”

Janelle:  “Well, uh, the desire is there but, uh, you know, I just don’t know

Original quote came from Kicotan’s post but this thing by Janelle really got me thinking…

It fits right in with how the Browns evade every single question about their relationships. I find it striking that they can’t even say a simple thing like yes I want to be her friend no matter how untrue this may be. 

It’s almost as if the simple thought of “being friends” and saying this aloud is too much to ask…  It’s not just Janelle, it’s all of them. You can definitely tell it’s getting harder and harder to keep up appearances…

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Quickbeam said:

I was staggered by the hubris of Robyn saying Christine should try harder when in fact Christine raised 12 children with minimal help. Yet Robyn has a nanny for 2 kids. 

This. Just when we think Robyn can’t possibly say anything more untrue, she somehow does. She’s either cluelessly detached from what’s going on or is just saying shit for the camera to make herself look less like an instigator.

I’m going with the latter, because this byotch has been running the long game successfully for a looong time. The dry-crying is clue #1, you’d think she’d have worked on producing real tears by now (maybe the tears will become real when the show is cancelled and she can’t afford the nanny any more). 

What. Does. The nanny. Do? 

• Love 14

I have to comment on (maybe) the show before this one. The one where Grody Kody was handing out his rules etc. At one point, maybe after the one left and told him to F off, he looked like an insane dictator. He was saying something like fine, they can do what they want, I don't care etc. Then he got this crazed look in his eye and was smiling at the camera. It was so freaking creepy I had to come here and post. So self centered, delusional and outright crazy looking - it really freaked me out. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, NJbutNoHousewife said:

I have to comment on (maybe) the show before this one. The one where Grody Kody was handing out his rules etc. At one point, maybe after the one left and told him to F off, he looked like an insane dictator. He was saying something like fine, they can do what they want, I don't care etc. Then he got this crazed look in his eye and was smiling at the camera. It was so freaking creepy I had to come here and post. So self centered, delusional and outright crazy looking - it really freaked me out. 

I think we are witnessing the unravelling of Kody.  He was loosely wrapped to begin with and now that his empire is crumbling, he has lost control of himself.  He has Robyn whining and nattering in his ear about Christine's decision and Janelle teetering on the fence.  After all, there is no satisfaction for Robyn if she only has Meri to pay homage to the Queen.  She wants a full court of jesters to keep her amused with their antics to lure Kody into their bed, knowing full well it won't happen.

Not sure about Mariah but Christine and Janelle's kids see him for the paper dragon he is, Dayton and Sol seem indifferent to him, Aurora is dependent, Breanna is a question mark, and Ari will be complacent as long as he leaves her with her binky and maybe still share his and Robyn's marital bed. He has 3 grand kids that probably couldn't pick him out of a lineup. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

I still wonder if Kootie has EVER seen Avalon.  Since she's Christine's bio grandchild, probably not.  ☹️

ETA:  Now I remember that Mykelti visited RobChyn, so Kootie may have been there.

Edited by xwordfanatik
correct an assumption
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, xwordfanatik said:

I still wonder if Kootie has EVER seen Avalon.  Since she's Christine's bio grandchild, probably not.  ☹️

I’ve wondered the same. Mykelti did post that she was in Arizona. The house appeared to be Robyn’s. Yet, no pictures to suggest Kody’s presence. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Love 5