Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E12: One on One (Part 2)

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, luvmylabs said:

I have never actually seen tears from Robyn.  She is quick to 'wipe' them away.  I don't believe she is actually crying.  When I cry my tears come from my inner eye near my nose.  I think that's where your tear ducts are located.  She's a phony in my opinion.

Exactly!

When I cry, my nose first gets red and then runs like crazy. I'd need more than one tissue for sure. If I'm having a big crying session, my face will get red and blotchy, too. I'm an ugly crier though, so not sure if that's just me. 

• Love 12
26 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

This is the real tell on the whole "religious" angle to this shitshow.  If he truly believed in the whole Personal Planet story, he'd be moving heaven and earth to keep the wimmin folk in line.  Instead, he's made no mention of the "tennants" (TM Robyn) of their "faith" that is supposed to be a driving force behind polygamy.  Instead he's shedding them like dandruff -  or his hair.

Ugh, now I can't get Kootie's "driving force" out  of my mind.  Where did I put that brain bleach.

Ok, but only because you started it-(this thought in response to your post actually made me throw up in my mouth a little):

What if DickTater has wimmins lining up left and right to be in his harem-they email him CONSTANTLY begging to be his new 4th, 5th, ad infinitum so he’s not too worried about his Personal Planet, because an obedient wife is a star in his crown and he can always find willing participants if he somehow managed to get the 4 he donated sperm to on board.  Gross.  It reminds me of chicks who marry murderers and rapists that are in prison for life.  WTF???

I’ll take one shot of brain bleach with a Pepto chaser, please.

Edited by kicotan
Clarity
  • LOL 13
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Flutterby said:

At this point, I'd almost be willing to pay for Sobyn Robyn to get some acting lessons.  😏

Might be cheaper to get her a giant bottle of Liquid Tears so that she could douse her eyes and face right before the questions start coming. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Might be cheaper to get her a giant bottle of Liquid Tears so that she could douse her eyes and face right before the questions start coming. 

She should have used the old acting trick of putting a slice of onion in the tissue.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

Why did Robyn say "I would help any one of those kids have a conversation with their dad, TRY TO MAKE IT SAFE FOR THEM".     How horrible a man is he that his kids (not just Garrison and Gabe) don't feel safe having a conversation with their father!   I got from that the kids talked to Robyn, she told them talk to your dad - and they said all he does is blame and yell.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

I was hoping the interviewer would have handed her with some when Robyn said she'd never cried ("cried") this much in an interview before.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Exactly!

When I cry, my nose first gets red and then runs like crazy. I'd need more than one tissue for sure. If I'm having a big crying session, my face will get red and blotchy, too. I'm an ugly crier though, so not sure if that's just me. 

no, not just you!

• Love 9

Christine and Janelle live the lifestyle of a single mother. Period.  I just want one of them to just say it next week. Is that too much to hope for?

Meri? She absolutely knows Kody won't give her the time of day and I think she just sticks around to annoy him. More power to her.

Edited by Chicklet
  • LOL 6
  • Love 13
46 minutes ago, Claire Voyant said:

We have Meri's kid.  Christine's kids.  Janelle's kids and Robyn's .kids.  Where do the Toad's responsibilities lie?  He's SUCH a creepy monster.  

But when Christine packed up his shit, it was HIS house!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 20
10 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Why would she say that if there was no hierarchy? 

Janelle says that because honestly she was highly influential for a long time - but she prefers to portray herself as just the "I'm good with whatever" wife. The fact that she referred to Christine as a princess - which happens to be the same word Kody used for years is telling. In season one we learned that Janelle had long conversations with Kody and that Christine was in fact jealous that "Janelle gets respect."  Kody considers her to be his "intellectual equal" - so Janelle got to apply the labels to the other wives early on. Christine = princess. Meri = overbearing and unstable.

Interesting though that she didn't have the same pull when Robyn entered. 

4 hours ago, Nickieca said:

Wasn’t one of Janelle’s boys wanting to come back home so he could save up for a deposit for a house? Who cares if he’s over 18, that what loving parents do..open up their homes and support their children a little longer if they can and it means they can get a head start, esp in today’s world...Kody comparing himself and life at 18 to his kids is ridiculous, times have changed since then.

IDK. There is a part of me that is still old school. If my adult child wanted to live with me, I would require him to follow my house rules. One of which would indeed include, "please don't lie about your potential exposure during a global pandemic." 

That being said, Kody handled the situation like an ass and instead of communicating he just drew a line in the sand and ran away.

What they should have done, is helped finance that house and work toward a reasonable solution.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, MsTree said:

Um, Robyn, you can show "binkie" a picture of her siblings and point to each one...."this is Garrison, this is Gabe" etc. etc.  

And Robyn, if you don't have any photos of them because you only take photos of your biological kids, you can find pics of all of Binkie's sibs on the Internet!

• LOL 7
  • Love 13

When the showed the clip of Christine saying, “What. Does. The nanny. Do?” Kody was laughing. I was trying to figure out why. He knows it’s now a popular sound bite and keeps people talking about them?

• Love 6

I thought it was interesting that Janelle brought up the Princess label for Christine, only because in all of my research she has been referred to as “AUB Royalty” more than once.  It has to do with being the granddaughter of a prominent AUB leader(sealed to 16 wives when he died) as well as the great niece of a rival clan’s leader(at least 13 wives) that put out a hit on her grandfather-using one of his sister wives to pull it off.

My Crystal Ball tells me as soon as Christine decides that she wants to hook up with a new polygamist man/fambly, she’ll be hitting up her kin for a special dispensation divorce, no problem.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
21 hours ago, Kbo said:

Robyn:  I’ve never cried so much in an interview

3D222983-ACE9-4789-B813-8B6E6B846155.jpeg

Sukanya:

D5FE60A9-70E0-40DA-9BB5-7C471E15ED07.jpeg

I could not get over the amount of dry-eyed crying Sobin tried to get away with in this episode.  It is a very poorly acted emotion and she just needs to grow up and accept her responsibility for the destruction of this family.  It is on her, whether she likes it or not.  Kodouche is just as responsible, demanding respect when he has earned none.  He is an embarrassment and Christine is well out.  The other should follow.

BTW, they are holding off the third episode until after the Super Bowl, so we have two weeks until this all ends.

• Love 13
20 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I support Kody’s position on Covid precautions, but he might have gotten more support from the family members if he had offered to pay the kids cash for complying and provide the wives some hot lovin’!😉

This is a good point.  And I will take it a few steps farther:  how are other polygamist families faring during the pandemic?  Why are the Browns having so much difficulty and how do their trials and tribulations measure up to other plyg families’ issues?
And how are the husbands/leaders of these families making it happen without incurring the insurrection Kody is suffering through?

20 hours ago, Lisapooh said:

I thought she was just agreeing/sympathizing with them to keep them talking. Like a detective talks to a suspect. 

And unlike previous interviewers, this one knows when to shut up and be patient, letting the interviewee hang him or herself with silence.  None of them can deal with silence so they keep talking and dig deeper holes for themselves.

• Love 16
9 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

🙏 🙏 🙏 A much younger bride who has kids already (and who urgently needs the legal marriage for some reason) who is more manipulative and devious than Sobbyn!

and before the 10-yr mark of Robyn's legal marriage so that she won't get a cent of Kootie's Social Security when he dies. Meri will as long as she does not remarry.

• Useful 3
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, DanaMB said:

When the showed the clip of Christine saying, “What. Does. The nanny. Do?” Kody was laughing. I was trying to figure out why. He knows it’s now a popular sound bite and keeps people talking about them?

IMO he was disparaging Christine by laughing.  What a jackass.  Malignant narcissist dickhead.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, b2H said:

This is a good point.  And I will take it a few steps farther:  how are other polygamist families faring during the pandemic?  Why are the Browns having so much difficulty and how do their trials and tribulations measure up to other plyg families’ issues?
And how are the husbands/leaders of these families making it happen without incurring the insurrection Kody is suffering through?

And unlike previous interviewers, this one knows when to shut up and be patient, letting the interviewee hang him or herself with silence.  None of them can deal with silence so they keep talking and dig deeper holes for themselves.

I can’t speak about other plural marriage families, but I wonder if some have husbands who do lay down the law about how things are going to be.  Kody’s wives pretty much do what they want, so he is probably not a good example of a proper polygamist husband,  Maybe, those families are staying together due to coercion, fear, economic hardship or a real commitment to the principle.  

• Love 7
18 hours ago, MsTree said:

It's because Robyn is too lazy to teach her kids anything, much less the names of her siblings.

Um, Robyn, you can show "binkie" a picture of her siblings and point to each one...."this is Garrison, this is Gabe" etc. etc.  And if you really want her to remember her siblings, you can even let her speak to them on this new invention called a telephone!  Imagine that!

I live 1000 miles away from my sister, but my 3 year old niece knows who I am and my kids (her cousins) because my sister is always showing pics and we occasionally FaceTime. There have been a few visits but covid has made those fewer than planned. Sure there aren’t like 20 of us, but there are things Robyn could do if she were really concerned

• Love 20

Late to the party!!  I'm in the minority probably with this, but here goes:

I agree that these "tell-alls" don't reveal much except for Kody.  He literally can't stop talking when he has an audience.  I think the most shocking things came from him.  Letting it slip that only "obedient" wives get the Kodick, his sons basically can't stand him, not understanding why Meri sticks around.

He's living proof of the old saying "People tell you exactly who they are, if you listen"

I always thought he was douchey, but this season, he's not even trying to hide it.  Can you imagine living (even 2 nights a week) with a monster like that?  Again, probably in the minority, but I don't believe Robyn is happy with Christine leaving, because she doesn't want that d-bag full time.  If she's the only one getting her love tank filled, she's now stuck with him 7 days a week.  I don't think she ever wanted him full time in a monogamous relationship

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
9 hours ago, Adiba said:

At this point, if I were the interviewer, I’d ask Kody “What do you want realistically, going forward?”

Sadly, I think he wouldn't answer that question because, according to his "religion" (made up like his covid rules!), the women can leave whenever, but the men must stay forever. Even if they are never around or give nothing to 3/4 of his wives, he's still "committed" to them. Not sure how but that's pretty much what is playing out here. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
On 2/6/2022 at 10:25 PM, Adeejay said:

I think Robyn should keep her opinion about Christine’s decision regarding her relationship with Kody to herself. Perhaps, she should try to understand Christine’s perspectives, experiences, or motivations before making a judgement about her.  Kody treats Robyn completely different than he treats the other spouses, so there is no way she feels Christine’s pain. The audacity of that woman. She has a lot of nerves!

And a lot of chin and neck!

• LOL 15
  • Love 1

If I were in Robyn's shoes, except actually innocent, and was being used as a scapegoat by a lot of people who were dysfunctional before I arrived, I would be beyond pissed by this point.  Even if I were genuinely sad and hurt about it in the beginning,  after more than a decade I would be on the offensive.  I would be telling the other wives, the interviewers, everybody, that their relationship issues are not my problem, I no longer give a shit whether or not they want to be my friend, and I am shedding no tears over their relationship problems.  And I certainly wouldn't be playing stupid little passive aggressive games Iike filming telling my kids they won't be spending Thanksgiving with everyone who treats me like shit for 'no reason', so it can be shown on TV for sympathy and to make those people feel bad.  I would be thrilled to NOT have to see any of those people on Thanksgiving, would mind my own family and business, and give little thought to any of the rest of them.  So I might actually wonder of she was being even somewhat truthful if she wasn't so over-the-top defensive after all this time.  I would be looong done defending myself by now.  

Edited by eskimo
  • Useful 6
  • Love 14
30 minutes ago, eskimo said:

If I were in Robyn's shoes, except actually innocent, and was being used as a scapegoat by a lot of people who were dysfunctional before I arrived, I would be beyond pissed by this point.  Even if I were genuinely sad and hurt about it in the beginning,  after more than a decade I would be on the offensive.  I would be telling the other wives, the interviewers, everybody, that their relationship issues are not my problem, I no longer give a shit whether or not they want to be my friend, and I am shedding no tears over their relationship problems.  And I certainly wouldn't be playing stupid little passive aggressive games Iike filming telling my kids they won't be spending Thanksgiving with everyone who treats me like shit for 'no reason', so it can be shown on TV for sympathy and to make those people feel bad.  I would be thrilled to NOT have to see any of those people on Thanksgiving, would mind my own family and business, and give little thought to any of the rest of them.  So I might actually wonder of she was being even somewhat truthful if she wasn't so over-the-top defensive after all this time.  I would be looong done defending myself by now.  

Yeah but I’m willing to bet you didn’t sign a contract with TLC to prop up this version of their freak show programming by stirring whatever pot the script dictates.  I could be wrong, though.

• LOL 6
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, kicotan said:

Yeah but I’m willing to bet you didn’t sign a contract with TLC to prop up this version of their freak show programming by stirring whatever pot the script dictates.  I could be wrong, though.

That is a very safe bet.  I don't have the energy for all that.  I just want a regular life with as little drama as possible!  

• Love 12
4 hours ago, SuzieQ said:

If she's the only one getting her love tank filled, she's now stuck with him 7 days a week.  I don't think she ever wanted him full time in a monogamous relationship

As the SW say in unison "karma is a bitch...and her name is Robyn"

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Based on his responses to Sukanya's questions, Kody has clearly and unapologetically stated that he is in a monogamous relationship with Robyn.  For the life of me, I don't understand what Janelle and Meri are holding on to.  I wonder what it is going to take, to get them to admit that they are no longer living the polygamous lifestyle.

Meri thinks she still has a shot, despite being told unequivocally that she does not (she does not seem to accept this—she says she does but then says she still has hope, so, contradicting herself as usual).  I also feel like “brave” Meri is actually too scared to truly be alone on her own. Meri stays, saying she loves the family when in actuality, she’s not the strong, confident “boss” her Instagram would like everyone to see her as. 

I suspect Janelle is comfortable with the way things are and doesn’t “need” Kody like the others might. I know she left the family once before and was lured back, so she obviously can be off on her own. I think Kody’s inconsistent covid rules really irked her and the fact that covid got into Kody and Robyn’s household—after all their bitching about rules—wasn’t lost on her. I wonder what her deal-breaker will be? 

• Love 16
10 hours ago, SuzieQ said:

Late to the party!!  I'm in the minority probably with this, but here goes:

I agree that these "tell-alls" don't reveal much except for Kody.  He literally can't stop talking when he has an audience.  I think the most shocking things came from him.  Letting it slip that only "obedient" wives get the Kodick, his sons basically can't stand him, not understanding why Meri sticks around.

He's living proof of the old saying "People tell you exactly who they are, if you listen"

I always thought he was douchey, but this season, he's not even trying to hide it.  Can you imagine living (even 2 nights a week) with a monster like that?  Again, probably in the minority, but I don't believe Robyn is happy with Christine leaving, because she doesn't want that d-bag full time.  If she's the only one getting her love tank filled, she's now stuck with him 7 days a week.  I don't think she ever wanted him full time in a monogamous relationship

I agree...I think full time Kody is wearing her out and she is not happy with it.  

• Love 10