Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E12: One on One (Part 2)

• Start Topic

I hope this Host will finally challenge them on their answers.  The amount of BS spewed without check is incredible and also disgusting.  I do not see that happening.  So far, the disparaging and outrageous comments made against some are being accepted by this host as a fact.  There should be a BS meter behind each one as they comment. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
35 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I still wonder if Kootie has EVER seen Avalon.  Since she's Christine's bio grandchild, probably not.  ☹️

ETA:  Now I remember that Mykelti visited RobChyn, so Kootie may have been there.

As far as I know, the only time he has met Evangline is when Maddie and Caleb came to visit Flagstaff.  As with Ysabel, he wasn't present to lend support during the traumatic surgery the child underwent.  It would have made little difference to Evie, but I'm sure Maddie would have appreciated his presence.

• Love 8

Let’s not forget that the constant fathering of all those babies proved that Kody was a fertile and desirable God.
But now, some of those babies have grown and produced babies of their own. Those babies do not only push Douche out of the spotlight but they also add to his new status of Grandfather aka old, grumpy guy past the prime of his life….So why would he want to see any of those annoying and inconvenient critters? (Me being very sarcastic here)

• Love 12

I believe that what we have been seeing in the whole season is Kody in full ranting delusion.

He believes that he is a wise, just and fair man that has been envied by everyone he has met. Any problems that have come up have absolutely nothing to do with him and he thinks he is doing an excellent job of explaining this to viewers.

He is a pathetic fool and Christine is well rid of him.

• Love 10

After rewatching Episode 2 of the One on One, I get an even clearer picture of how Christine and Janelle ignored covid precautions …….almost to spite Kody.  Their kids said F u. And they joined in.  Kody has been an ass in many ways, but their petty crap endangered their children.  Not right and unacceptable.  Perhaps, this served a purpose.  I’m not impressed with their poor judgment.  Glad no one has died.  I hope they can make peace with it.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

After rewatching Episode 2 of the One on One, I get an even clearer picture of how Christine and Janelle ignored covid precautions …….almost to spite Kody.  Their kids said F u. And they joined in.  Kody has been an ass in many ways, but their petty crap endangered their children.  Not right and unacceptable.  Perhaps, this served a purpose.  I’m not impressed with their poor judgment.  Glad no one has died.  I hope they can make peace with it.  

This has been discussed at length here on the forum and I think it’s fair to say that there seem to be two general opinions about their covid policy out here: One that says they were fine and one that says they could have done a better job. 

I personally think that Christine was too easy on the rules, especially with her continuous travelling (not the surgery, I get that). But Janelle really made an effort. Several times during last season, she explained what precautions she took and that she abided by the rules from the authorities. She was also aware of the risk Covid posed because of her weight.
She just wouldn’t obey Kody and Robyn who had this long and completely outdated list of useless rules like wiping mail and leave everything on the porch for 48 hours. She also refused to kick out her 18-year old whose only crimes were college and a girlfriend (that was his entire social life) So yes, jumping to Janelle’s defence here as I think it is unfair to say she ignored the rules and endangered her kids!

• Love 15
16 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I have said it before that there is a sub-text kinda relationship between Kody and the wives that is more father/daughter than husband/wife.  It isn't a partnership simply because there are extra wives. He calls himself a "leader" as if it is him vs. them. And then he has mentioned that his problem is that he "married all oldest daughters", tho I am not sure what that has to do with anything.

Being very young women when they do marry and having existing daddy issues to boot leads to this (in my opinion...) and it is very apparent off and on over the years with Kody and Christine.  She becomes very child like with him and Janelle becomes an obstinate teenager, but when he really really came down with his covid rules that were not up for any discussion they both morphed into that 14/15 year old mentality of "YOU are NOT the BOSS of ME!!" attitude.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

I have said it before that there is a sub-text kinda relationship between Kody and the wives that is more father/daughter than husband/wife.  It isn't a partnership simply because there are extra wives. He calls himself a "leader" as if it is him vs. them. And then he has mentioned that his problem is that he "married all oldest daughters", tho I am not sure what that has to do with anything.

Being very young women when they do marry and having existing daddy issues to boot leads to this (in my opinion...) and it is very apparent off and on over the years with Kody and Christine.  She becomes very child like with him and Janelle becomes an obstinate teenager, but when he really really came down with his covid rules that were not up for any discussion they both morphed into that 14/15 year old mentality of "YOU are NOT the BOSS of ME!!" attitude.

You have a point with the patriarchal dynamic that exists between Kody and Christine and Janelle. Kody should not be the BOSS of grown women, though.

I would like to add, though, that Kody and Robyn came up with rules that were over-the-top and no longer recommended by the CDC. They  knew that all of their rules were never going to get 100% compliance from Christine’s and Janelle’s households. It was about control and obedience for Kody. For Robyn, it was about a feeling of (false) security and making sure Kody stayed with her and her kids.

And yet, it was the nanny who exposed them.

I’ll bet even Kody did not follow “his” own rules 100% of the time.

• Love 15
14 hours ago, LilyD said:

I personally think that Christine was too easy on the rules, especially with her continuous travelling (not the surgery, I get that). But Janelle really made an effort. Several times during last season, she explained what precautions she took and that she abided by the rules from the authorities. She was also aware of the risk Covid posed because of her weight.
She just wouldn’t obey Kody and Robyn who had this long and completely outdated list of useless rules like wiping mail and leave everything on the porch for 48 hours. She also refused to kick out her 18-year old whose only crimes were college and a girlfriend (that was his entire social life) So yes, jumping to Janelle’s defence here as I think it is unfair to say she ignored the rules and endangered her kids!

Christine has said that she took all the "usual" rules seriously when traveling.  Wearing masks, hand sanitizing and washing, social distancing etc.  By the sounds of it, the rules that many did do, and many still do. My husband travels for his living and he has not had a choice BUT to travel.  After his 8 week furlough in March to May 2020 he has traveled most weeks since then. In his truck or with other techs in their trucks, in hotels, having food delivered or going into restaurants to eat or pick up food. For years pre covid he has developed good hand washing habits and not touching door handles when possible and has cut down on how often he gets colds and flus, so being careful while traveling meant keeping a wider distance from people and masks and more frequent sanitizing and hand washing. He has to work in close quarters in his job with others not from his shop and all work sites have strict rules (many with pre testing before arriving to the site) and all require masks still to this day. He has never caught covid nor has he been notified of an exposure from a work site. However. He has been exposed from non compliant co-workers (especially his old boss) who are in his office/shop.  He has managed to avoid people quite well in his shop, even when all of the office workers have had covid.  We are all vaccinated with boosters at home, but he doubts that many of the office workers are. Being careful even with all these exposures can be done.

Christine has said that she always told Kody when she was traveling so that he would stay away for the time period. She said that they followed the guidelines that were given at the time.  What she refused to do was lock herself in her house, only having deliveries and then having to spend time wiping every single thing with alcohol wipes ($$..which were very hard to impossible to find at that time, while the rest of the world had stopped that as well) on the off chance that Kody might drop by.  Since he refused to even give a heads up on the day he was going to drop by (for maybe an evening), it meant that they would just be in the house and maybe never see him. Since her relationship was so negative when he was there she explained that her choice was to travel to Aspyn's or Mykelti's and be able to guarantee spending a LOT of time with people who wanted to see her and who would spend more than a few hours with them as well.

Gabe also mentioned that he DID quarantine from his girlfriend so that he would pass Kodys rules and tests and then Kody never even showed up...so he didn't bother after that.

Using my spider web analogy again, all the biggest issues that the family had during covid are not only all interconnected, but they all lead back to Kody at the center. He got stuck in "they must comply. period" and even when the guidelines of "we don't have to wipe groceries anymore" came out, he was still unyielding because he didn't want the back lash of "why were we doing it in the first place" coming back on him. Then got firmly stuck in his demands and tantrum that they will not OBEY ME.  It quickly just became about the obey issue vs the fact that all the households had distinctly different needs and levels of quarantine abilities and they all needed to meet in the middle...you know...with communication.  Which is honestly the number one thing the family has never ever been able to figure out.

4 minutes ago, Adiba said:

I’ll bet even Kody did not follow “his” own rules 100% of the time.

I can guarantee that he didn't.  Janelle made the off handed comment when giving Robyn the towel warmer about wiping it, yet Robyn chucked it in the house. Kody is known to just pontificate and then doesn't remember what comes from his mouth or dances around it later. He is the type of person to make a grand declaration that everyone must follow...yet it is beyond anything that he is willing to do himself. He says how he always always changed clothes and showered before entering the house or even touching anyone, yet we have seen him walk in and hug his preferred family/children on camera.

• Love 21
4 hours ago, Roslyn said:

He says how he always always changed clothes and showered before entering the house or even touching anyone, yet we have seen him walk in and hug his preferred family/children on camera.

We've seen him RUN into the house and hug his preferred children without taking any precautions on more than one occasion!

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 10
On 2/8/2022 at 8:02 AM, laurakaye said:

THIS 100%.  If Robyn can't lord her position over the other women, she has NOTHING.  She doesn't want Kody all to herself - she wants the other women to want Kody too because that elevates her standings.  If she's not being envied, she loses her purpose in the family.

I believe Robyn also enjoyed being the favourite wife, but I don't believe she enjoys her present living situation as it appears none of the wives want to live with Kody The Douche fulltime. Meri and Janelle are content with not having Kody visits and even Christine pointed out, things were so much easier with kody not around. I believe even Robyn mentioned she didn't sign up for living with Kody fulltime.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Chalby said:

I believe even Robyn mentioned she didn't sign up for living with Kody fulltime.

She's too lazy for a full time husband.  She wants the freedom to sleep in when she wants and to not have to cope and coddle 24/7.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 7