Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E14: Lisa's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

Large, loud congratulations to you. I am thinking that a mere Masters may kill me. 

Thanks. At that level, you do it because you love the field. I was pretty happy the whole time.

• Love 2

Awww, she is pretending to play nice.  How long will she last?  And how long before she finds another boyfriend?  I heard that COVID led to some prisoners qualifying for early release... 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Oh, take that to the bank. Remember what it was like trying to get the first round of vax? On the computer at odd hours, refreshing like mad, trying to get a spot. You think Lisa or Randy had the wherewithal to do that? Never mind getting to the clinic or the CVS or wherever they'd have needed to go. 

When they started vaccinations here, the pharmacists went to nursing homes, and shut ins, for both rounds.   

Her legs are looking worse and worse.  

I'm not sure they make compression stockings, or the more therapeutic kind in her size, or that they would work with the stuff on her legs.  

At least Dr. Paradise is far away from her.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, umgoblue said:

Dr. Now is a better man than I would ever be.  After this bitch hung up on me closed the laptop on me, I would never Zoom with her ever again.

She doesn't seem that broken up about Randy though, except he won't be able to feed her.

She's got two more enablers (good friends). Her sister cleaned her house?  She's  a better woman than me..

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

What was the lady’s name who was one of the first patients?

I think that was Brittani

23 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I remember the twin young women ( Kandy and something)

Kandi and Brandi. I could only keep them straight by remembering that Kandi was the bigger one

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

That's the term he uses. He looks like this: 

69493383_1188229741377266_4103171369573810176_n.jpg

Handsome guy with a great smile. 
You hit the jackpot

2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Good looking young man!  I see his hair has a little curl.  Does it curl up even more when there is humidity or rain?

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, aliya said:

When I was a PhD student, I was in a national network of minority PhD students. All the native Americans looked white. Same thing with native professors I've met. 

I will say, having lived in Oklahoma and meet lower income white people than I was used to on the east coast, I've heard them talk about 'white people' when referencing whites with jobs and educations. They saw them as other than themselves.

What was your phd in? I would like to get phd someday though my health might prevent that.

1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

People used to say someone was 'passing,' but I think that has a more negative connotation than 'white presenting' (tho I've never heard that term before). I'm mixed, my son 'presents' as white in terms of features & hair, he married a white girl, and the baby looks absolutely white. Genetics is fascinating.

• Love 5
Just now, String Theory said:

She's got two more enablers (good friends). Her sister cleaned her house?  She's  a better woman than me..

I am pretty sure she just dumped all the contents in those giant dumpsters and didn't bother sorting or looking.   And then do industrial fumigation or something.  That was the only way to decontaminate the place.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

What are those things they put on your legs at the hospital? I’m guessing they don’t have any large enough to fit her.

Venodynes or TEDs - the ones that periodically squeeze your legs to keep blood flowing and prevent clots? I'm guessing they don't have them in her size.

• Love 1
Just now, Dashing Off said:

I hope her legs have to amputated. I'm not sorry.

It's because they keep forcing us to look at them!

Thanks all for the suggestions about some feel-good episodes!  I took notes and will definitely dig up some of these episodes for my friend.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

I'm guessing that the hospital staff wasn't putting up with her shit and they started medicating her.

Shoot, if I had known medicating people who irked me would solve my problems, I would have done it long ago.  😄

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

Dr. Now is a better man than I would ever be.  After this bitch hung up on me closed the laptop on me, I would never Zoom with her ever again.

She doesn't seem that broken up about Randy though, except he won't be able to feed her.

Where is my Cheetos provider? And Chips Ahoy?

Dead you say?

Bad stuff needs to happen to her.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Lillith said:

That is the saddest obituary I ever read. No friends, family, accomplishments, not even a service. 

Holy crap, Randy was my age! He looked a lot older (at least I hope, lol). 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, aliya said:

People used to say someone was 'passing,' but I think that has a more negative connotation than 'white presenting' (tho I've never heard that term before). I'm mixed, my son 'presents' as white in terms of features & hair, he married a white girl, and the baby looks absolutely white. Genetics is fascinating.

Aren’t they? My friend is mixed race but very light. Her husband is white. The baby Is  very dark skinned. 

• Love 6

1 minute ago, MsVixen said:

Good looking young man!  I see his hair has a little curl.  Does it curl up even more when there is humidity or rain?

His hair is very very curly, he cuts it short because he's a chef and he hates wearing a hat.  Its curliness stays the same despite weather. He has grey eyes, which are always smiling and kind!

• Love 13
Just now, aliya said:

Shoot, if I had known medicating people who irked me would solve my problems, I would have done it long ago.

I frequently dream of a ketamine dart gun aimed at the front door of the office. Hey can't kill me for wishing.

Then again I just smacked a client upside the head when she wouldn't get a covid booster. She complied after that. But we have that kind of relationship.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Lillith said:

That is the saddest obituary I ever read. No friends, family, accomplishments, not even a service. 

I know, it's awful. I'd send flowers to his grave, but I don't know if he even has one.

Poor guy. At least he's in a better place now.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Elizzikra said:

Venodynes or TEDs - the ones that periodically squeeze your legs to keep blood flowing and prevent clots? I'm guessing they don't have them in her size.

Yes! Thank you. All that money wasted on a master’s degree and all I could manage to think of was, “those thingies they put on your legs in the hospital.”😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 1