Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E14: Lisa's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, aliya said:

Information Science. My research area was in knowledge management & info in the workplace, including social aspects of using technology. I have a master's in info sci as well, with a concentration in information economics, management & policy. I taught management, info policy, knowledge management, among other courses in a graduate program of library and information science.

My grad degrees are from what are termed 'information schools.' These grew out of the library science heritage, but are more wide ranging and tend to incorporate a lot of technology for solving information problems. So, our students included everyone from comp sci folks who built the tech to people who focused on the user, and not the tech itself, and from education to medical information issues.  

Sorry. I was a professor. I can't shut up.

Ive been applying to positions as lecturer. I would quite like to teach.

2 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

I love that idea!

So...to turn 60, should I get a motorcycle or keep working on paying student loans? They're mine, so I can't get all indignant about paying them. 

Motorcycle, no question. 

I have a 40K loan I took out to send my lad to culinary school. I'll surely croak long before its paid back, and I will give those usurers the finger from beyond the grave. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

We are mourning Randy more than he was in real life. :(

We saw you, Randy.  You didn't die without people sad to see you gone.

Amen.

Either he had a hard life or he was really sick at the end (un-diagnosed COVID not withstanding). I am older than he was and look so much better. Too bad he spent his last years with that harridan. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

I love that idea!

So...to turn 60, should I get a motorcycle or keep working on paying student loans? They're mine, so I can't get all indignant about paying them. 

I might check out programs that are cutting some student debt obligations.  There was a law suit and some were canceled due to fraud by a guarantor.  Certain loans qualify.  A motorcycle sounds fun.  I used to enjoy rides, but people drive too crazy now.  I’d be too scared now.  

Lisa did pretty well.  I am shocked!

11 minutes ago, Donut Bear said:

Interesting that Randy died November 18 and she tells Dr. Paradise he died a couple months ago - which means this show was filmed in January 2022.  Last month?? 

Part of Ontrean's was filmed in early January too.    I think part of Lacey's was May or so of 2021. 

Ryan from Montana never left his home town. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

I love that idea!

I loved motorcycling in my 40's. I loved long distance riding.. so much fun. I even bought a motorcycle in California just so that I could ride it home to PA

Image007.jpg

• Love 18
1 minute ago, Splashes said:

I think there was another guy earlier in the year.

The guy in Oregon.  Or he had friends in Oregon.  He had a lot going on.  Couldn't possibly focus on the diet and make the trip to Houston.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, aliya said:

Information Science. My research area was in knowledge management & info in the workplace, including social aspects of using technology. I have a master's in info sci as well, with a concentration in information economics, management & policy. I taught management, info policy, knowledge management, among other courses in a graduate program of library and information science.

My grad degrees are from what are termed 'information schools.' These grew out of the library science heritage, but are more wide ranging and tend to incorporate a lot of technology for solving information problems. So, our students included everyone from comp sci folks who built the tech to people who focused on the user, and not the tech itself, and from education to medical information issues.  

Sorry. I was a professor. I can't shut up.

I love it. My friend is really judgemental about the trash TV I watch and says it is toxic And for trashy ppl etc… yea he is kinda pretentious. I don’t need to watch documentaries all the time Allen

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I might check out programs that are cutting some student debt obligations.  There was a law suit and some were canceled due to fraud by a guarantor.  Certain loans qualify.  A motorcycle sounds fun.  I used to enjoy rides, but people drive too crazy now.  I’d be too scared now.  

Lisa did pretty well.  I am shocked!

I'm also scared, but dammit, I'm getting old and I need to do something foolish.

• Love 3
Just now, TazDevil said:

The guy in Oregon.  Or he had friends in Oregon.  He had a lot going on.  Couldn't possibly focus on the diet and make the trip to Houston.

There have been a lot of fails this season. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

I love that idea!

Motorcycle. 

My personal goal is to die still owning on my loans. (Also mine.)

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Ohh my husband's former boss was featured on that show lol. Now he is featured in a federal prison.

Ponzi scheme?  I love the Ponzi scheme stories

The rookie fund manager had a Lambo, a house in Cabo and a vineyard in Tuscany, but none of his clients were suspicious.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, OoogleEyes said:

I loved motorcycling in my 40's. I loved long distance riding.. so much fun. I even bought a motorcycle in California just so that I could ride it home to PA

Image007.jpg

🙇‍♀️👐 🙇‍♀️👐  🙇‍♀️👐

• Love 1
1 minute ago, CouchTater said:

I missed the first half hour of this mess.  Is it worth going back to watch it?

Not unless you feel acute lack of asshole encounters in your system is bothering you. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I love it. My friend is really judgemental about the trash TV I watch and says it is toxic And for trashy ppl etc… yea he is kinda pretentious.

He needs to come here and show his face. We’ll show him why trashy tv shows are so much fun.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Floatingbison said:

Ponzi scheme?  I love the Ponzi scheme stories

The rookie fund manager had a Lambo, a house in Cabo and a vineyard in Tuscany, but none of his clients were suspicious.

Oh it was the Ponziest of Ponzi insurance scams. He ran an "insurance" company.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2