Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E13: Unfinished Business

TexasGal
  • Start Topic

Eddie struggles with how to earn back Rayna's trust, while the interior team deals with a demanding group of Hamilton-obsessed guests; Captain Lee's worried that the crew's five-star service could be slipping as Rachel attempts an extravagant dinner.

Airdate: 01/24/2022

Heather is not as amazing or creative as she thinks she is.  The lame-ass “decor” she puts out for the stupid theme parties is pathetic.  Maybe her creativity starts and ends with Bravo’s line of credit at Michaels and Hobby Lobby, but she is always sooo impressed with the results.  A limp rag or two as a table runner, a dozen balloons and half a roll of paper streamers, some beads scattered around and feathers aren’t gonna get a $30k tip outta anyone.  I also don’t think she is seasoned enough to deal with the leadership role.  Despite being a chief stew, she is not very good navigating the manager/subordinate relationships.  There’s a lot more to it than just saying “I rank above you, so do what I say”. She’s catty and immature IMO.  She always has an excuse for Captain Lee or her coworkers, and even guests if she’s called out for some discretion. 

I know they get preference sheets for meal planning, but in non- televised yachting, do the chefs run their menu ideas by the chief stews at all? Maybe a 2nd set of eyes and ears would help prevent “forbidden foods” from being served? 

I can’t believe another item went in the water with this crew.  Luggage cart, cushions, fender covers, water toys, jet skis set adrift…if this crew comes back next season, I am creating MySeanna BINGO cards to track the various flotsam and jetsam they leave in their wake.

• LOL 15
  • Love 8

I am annoyed by the new stew and Heather sisterhood. Stop holding hands and go take care of the guests.   Heather seemed concerned that Capt Lee would be annoyed by seeing the stew crew all in the crew mess again.  What was annoying was why on earth were they doing her hair near all  the food?  ignorant.  Nothing she does to that ratty hair will make it look better, well maybe stop bleaching it to death.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, PaperTree said:

Whoops!  Shut the engines off!  What is in the water?

Not smart leaving the guests alone.  They seem like a happy bunch.

Until fish lady freaks out.  Oy!

Everybody else is really cranky.

Lesson here…..  do not book a cruise on the final run, everyone is exhausted and cranky! And don’t expect the chef to read your preference sheet!

3 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

I thoroughly enjoyed all of the hate aimed at Heather tonight. She sucks!

Heather is so annoying, she is so full of herself and she just seems so insincere.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

I'm so over Rayna and her passive aggressive bullshit. And I'm so over the way this show is bending over backwards to coddle her for some unfathomable reason. She is not a victim, she is problem of her own making. And she can shut it with that "God is good" crap she spews, there is nothing about her behavior I would consider particularly Christian. How many times does Heather need to apologize for simply repeating something she herself said? 

Of course Rayna does not want to sit down with Heather and Eddy to put this matter to rest. She knows her hypocrisy would be exposed. And yet the show wants us to believe, for one second, that neither Eddie nor Lee ever once asked Heather what went down. Even though they work in the closest quarters imaginable and literally run into each other 24/7. Even though we see Heather, Lee and Eddy discussing the Hamilton beach picnic up in the wheel house. No, neither of them ever once said "Hey, Heather, what's this I hear about you using the "n" word with Rayna?" Of course they did, it's absurd to imagine otherwise. They know what actually went down. But the show doesn't care if Eddie and Lee look bad. They're all about managing Rayna's image.

It wouldn't surprise me if Heather skips the reunion show (assuming there is one). The NDAs these people have to sign probably prevents her from telling the whole story. Yeah, Heather is maybe not the best Chief Stew we've ever seen, but this bullshit narrative the show is determined to play is making me side with her. 

I call BS on that whole storyline too, was it even aired when it happened?  I think they’re holding on to it for the reunion show too, honestly who even cares.  Personally I don’t like Rayna or Heather so could care less…..hoping they’re both one and done!

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, endure said:

Heather is so annoying, she is so full of herself and she just seems so insincere.

Heather is strangely starting to grow on me.  Totally rude of Rayna to ignore Heather's "Good Morning".

And as @iMonrey pointed out, there's no way Lee and Eddie haven't talked to Heather.  This thing has gotten way overblown.

Lots of artists use the word, I assume in an attempt to take it back.

Hell, back in the 80s or 90s was a band called N****z With Attitude.  Favorite song was  "F*** Tha Po-leese".

Edited by PaperTree
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, aqusdealer said:

Isn't Fraser the most despicable, two faced little malcontent that ever sailed the seven seas?? He even has to bitch about a white party being old hat and pedestrian. 

They always do a white party or some other formal dress up every season don’t they?

better than the costume theme parties where they dress up in something more garish.

They just happen to have big wigs and pirate hats for Hamilton.  Didn’t know Hamilton was a pirate.  All to have Eddie mug for the cameras.

maybe the preference sheets would be easier to follow if it wasn’t like some contract with all the verbiage, instead of condensed to a few bullet points.  But it’s a damn narrative that the crew has to read on camera.

do guests set the agenda on real charters or does the charter company set out a menu of things they can offer, in terms of food and drink choices and some excursions like those beach or onshore meals where they make the crew lug all the heavy stuff up a hill or stairs, just to stress them out on camera?

guessing the charters offer picnics or maybe arrange meals at restaurants but they don’t do the silly things like make the crew set up under exhausting conditions.

• Love 4

At this point Rayna needs to apologize to Heather for being rude and unprofessional.  So relieved this season is coming to an end.  It is a real dud.  Both Fraser and Jake talking about their next boats makes me nervous we are going to see them on the next BD adventure.  That’s a hard pass for me.

Edited by Booger666
  • Love 14

Episode 13 and only 15 comments so far.  I thought it must be episode 20 by now. What a boring horrible mess this season has been. Something is really off with Lee. He looks and acts like he is in pain. Heather is a complete fail as a chief stew. This show had a good thing going with Lee, Kate Eddie and Ben. But it goes to show that you can't always replicate the original cast even with another bleached blond chief stew.  This show definitely needs a new casting director. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
11 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Of course Rayna does not want to sit down with Heather and Eddy to put this matter to rest. She knows her hypocrisy would be exposed. And yet the show wants us to believe, for one second, that neither Eddie nor Lee ever once asked Heather what went down.

I really thought a couple of times when it was the 3 of them it would have come up about Rayna, but no.  If they really did not say anything to Heather about what Rayna is claiming I feel bad for Heather.  It looks like from the previews someone finally lets her know as she is on her knees in front of Rayna begging for forgiveness with Rayna saying no she does not forgive her.  Oh for Fuck's sake!  Rayna has used that word as a shield whenever it suited her.  It made me sick watching Eddie tripping over himself to make Rayna happy.  He was totally kissing her ass.  

I have never worked at a place that management got involved with anything that happened OFF THE CLOCK.  They were drunk, it was not said to anyone especially Rayna,  Rayna has milked this cow dry.  I hope Eddie sees how she manipulated him with this BS and realized how stupid he looks sucking up to her for nothing.

• Love 20
9 hours ago, PaperTree said:

Heather is strangely starting to grow on me.  Totally rude of Rayna to ignore Heather's "Good Morning".

I always liked her, so much better than bitchy Kate.  Rayna ignoring the "Good Morning," was yet another passive aggressive move, it's what she does.  I doubt Heather will ever be able to have her say but she will be apologizing for ever.

• Love 16

Beach picnics are almost always a disaster. I think the show deliberately sets up the crew to fail by putting them on guests' asks. This one went surprisingly well except for the ice cream, but Heather was right - Rachel said ten or fifteen minutes. Not Heather's fault he was three minutes early.

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

It was Heather's fault she left all of her shit in the wheelhouse and had to asked to come clean it up. Since she invited herself in there in the first place.

I think that Heather went into this season with Capt. Lee expecting to automatically have the same type of relationship with him as Kate does with Capt. Lee.  I'm sure she's watched ALL seasons of the show, and she came in with those expectations, and oh, how wrong she is!  From the way she TOLD Capt. Lee that he had to do the vow renewal on the last charter, to invading the wheelhouse with those stupid props.  Kate and Captain Lee have a long relationship (I think they worked together at times even prior to the show), and developed a trusting working relationship along with friendship over years.  Heather presumed she would be able to have the same type of relationship, banter and trust between herself and the captain.

IMO, Heather is also immature and into "one-upping", thinking she was going to replace Kate as Capt. Lee's favorite cheif stew (that's immaturity) in one season.  Didn't work that way, because she's basically a crappy chief stew and doesn't understand anything about gaining life experience and utilizing it.  She doesn't know how to effectively manage a team.  Bringing one of her "besties" on for the last 1 - 1/2 charters is all well and good, but don't be doing cheerleader moves and braiding each other's hair while charter guests are on board - show some level of  professionalism.  Don't be chastizing Frazer for DOING HIS JOB of being a stew.  I'm not a huge fan of Fraser and his many insecurities, but he's doing his job taking care of the guests, taking care of getting the crew's lunch served and basically everything else, while you and your bff are braiding hair (in the crew mess, no less - with food on the table!!).  

Heather is no Kate, Heather isn't even at the same level as Fracesca (BD), Hannah (BDM) or Bugsy (BDM).  

Edited by njbchlover
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13

That was crazy to see the entire crew sitting and eating while no one was attending to the guests.  This had to be a production storyline, right?  If not, Captain Lee was right to be furious.  The lead stew and bosun were either being ridiculously stupid or didn't give a damn.

We knew that Heather would be chummy with the new stew bestie, but the hair braiding was beyond!  Glad Captain Lee was there to watch their "sister moment."  And, to no one's surprise, Heather has been uncharacteristically complimentary and has had no complaints about Kaylee (who seems to be doing fine), so unlike the way she treated Jess.

Did anyone else catch Heather's comment to Fraser about how she has been "carrying the crew?"  Wow. 

• Love 10

You've all expressed my loathing of Rayna so much better than I ever could have so thank you. She's part of the problem, not part of the solution. She comes across as the sort who uses race to shield her from the fact that at her core she is lazy and entitled and seems to think everyone should bow down to her. Fuck that shit. If this situation did occur, and I don't remember if we were even shown it on camera so who the fuck knows, then use it as a teachable moment for the better, not as a weapon to force the crew to try and figure out how to make you feel better. Jesus H. Christ. What an asshole. I hope crew charter staffing companies are taking note of her. She won't fare much better in a fast paced kitchen environment either until she gets an attitude adjustment. I guarantee you, if she goes into cooking she will have another situation just like this one, and she won't handle it better because she seems unable to learn anything from her life experience other than 'pout and ignore'.

Jake grosses me out. He looks like he's a lousy lay too, all about himself. Eddie looks like a moron, and the other guy is the only one in the deck crew who hasn't made a compete and utter ass of himself this season, good for him!

I don't want to see any of this crew again, including Eddie. And yeah, Heather, you aint no Kate, that's for damn sure. This show sucks without Kate, IMO.

• Love 21
59 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

That was crazy to see the entire crew sitting and eating while no one was attending to the guests.  This had to be a production storyline, right?  If not, Captain Lee was right to be furious.  The lead stew and bosun were either being ridiculously stupid or didn't give a damn.

Looked like they were eating venison or rack of lamb, with those bones sticking out of the slabs of meat?

Where would they get that in the islands?

Maybe that kind of meat is best eaten right out of the grill or the oven, not as good re-heated later?

Yeah it's strange, they show the crew have crazy schedules to make sure there are people always available to attend to the guests so why for lunch would they all eat together?

Usually it's complaints about nobody being around in the mornings to get the guests coffee or other drinks or take their breakfast orders.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, aghst said:

Looked like they were eating venison or rack of lamb, with those bones sticking out of the slabs of meat?

It was lamb, rack of lamb to be exact. Rayna expressed her love of lamb while sitting down to eat. I am sure it has been served to guests at times. Not super unusual. It's usually roasted in an oven but can be cooked on a grill.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, crimson23 said:

I am annoyed by the new stew and Heather sisterhood. Stop holding hands and go take care of the guests.   Heather seemed concerned that Capt Lee would be annoyed by seeing the stew crew all in the crew mess again.  What was annoying was why on earth were they doing her hair near all  the food?  ignorant.  Nothing she does to that ratty hair will make it look better, well maybe stop bleaching it to death.

My grandmother was a stickler for no one touching their hair , in the kitchen.  She would be rolling in her grave.

5 hours ago, OlderThanDirt said:

It would be interesting to see Galley Talk take on this season.  More interesting than the actual show, IMO.  

What happened to Galley Talk? I really enjoyed it. I don't think they have had a new episode all year.  I guess because this season of BD was such a shit show, they showed old episodes on Galley Talk.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Beach picnics are almost always a disaster. I think the show deliberately sets up the crew to fail by putting them on guests' asks. This one went surprisingly well except for the ice cream,

Of all the desserts she could possibly whip up, bringing ice cream to a beach picnic without a freezer handy is really stupid.

• Love 13

Warning:  Comments in view are snarkier than they appear….

Rayna’s “Cheshire Cat” grin while Eddie is trying to tell her – again – that he meant no offence, etc., says it all.  The look on Rayna’s face is “Yes, I have you by the short and curlies, and I don’t intend to let go.”

So I froze the pic on the “preference sheet” …. Which I am now calling the “advertising sheet”.  Very phony.  I mean, “… a farm owner by day who dines at extravagant Michelin-starred restaurants by night.”  Really?  Pull the other one.

“No cooked fish of any sort.”  There’s the setup for the faux pas later, as we’ve seen in previous eps.

Really tired of Eddie’s theatrics by this episode.  He’s setting up for his best Andy Bernard performance.

Rachel and her “Sh*t tickets” – funny.  Rachel hasn’t gone ballistic, walked off the boat, or otherwise demonstrated any of the self-destructive behaviour she has in the past this season – but it’s been nice to see her demonstrate her humour so far.  Highlight of this season, actually.

The luggage!  OMG!  There’s enough there for two months, let alone 2 days.

So who pushed the empty luggage wagon into the drink for fake footage purposes?  Oh, yes, it was all about Eddie leaving the bridge so the wise Boat Daddy could impart his wisdom.  The whole thing was very fake.  At best, it showed a transition from Captain Lee to the next generation, since Cap Lee’s health has not been good at all.

All the crew in the crew mess at the same time?  Oops.  No service.

And the rest of the episode is essentially a snooze-fest.  Andy – I mean Eddie – brings in the ice cream too soon?  What drama!

Meanwhile we have to wait until the next and final episode of the season.  Please.  Just end it all now.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, Tanukisan said:

Rachel and her “Sh*t tickets” – funny.  Rachel hasn’t gone ballistic, walked off the boat, or otherwise demonstrated any of the self-destructive behaviour she has in the past this season – but it’s been nice to see her demonstrate her humour so far.  Highlight of this season, actually.

I agree with this.  Rachel was so cringey last season that I found her unwatchable.  She has really pulled it together this season without losing her sense of humor.  Plus, she is so talented.  Give Rachel her own show, Bravo!

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, RalyWilmy said:

I agree with this.  Rachel was so cringey last season that I found her unwatchable.  She has really pulled it together this season without losing her sense of humor.  Plus, she is so talented.  Give Rachel her own show, Bravo!

Totally agree, Rachel is the MVP of this season.

• Love 8

I want to agree on Rachel. I said, after last season, that I did not want to see her return. NO WAY! But she is really the star this season and now I hope she's back next season. I also don't mind Eddie. The one boring deck hand isn't bad...I forget his name. He could return, I guess. Though he is rather boring. And the new stew seems okay. Frasier is unlikable with his snotty elitist views but he isn't too bad to watch. I wonder if he will be chief stew next season. Maybe having a male chief stew will help fans with the 'not Kate' feels (it would me). Heather, Rayna and the man-slut can go and never return to the show. 

Looking forward to the reunion show.

• Love 6
On 1/24/2022 at 9:07 PM, iMonrey said:

I'm so over Rayna and her passive aggressive bullshit. And I'm so over the way this show is bending over backwards to coddle her for some unfathomable reason. She is not a victim, she is problem of her own making. And she can shut it with that "God is good" crap she spews, there is nothing about her behavior I would consider particularly Christian. How many times does Heather need to apologize for simply repeating something she herself said? 

Of course Rayna does not want to sit down with Heather and Eddy to put this matter to rest. She knows her hypocrisy would be exposed. And yet the show wants us to believe, for one second, that neither Eddie nor Lee ever once asked Heather what went down. Even though they work in the closest quarters imaginable and literally run into each other 24/7. Even though we see Heather, Lee and Eddy discussing the Hamilton beach picnic up in the wheel house. No, neither of them ever once said "Hey, Heather, what's this I hear about you using the "n" word with Rayna?" Of course they did, it's absurd to imagine otherwise. They know what actually went down. But the show doesn't care if Eddie and Lee look bad. They're all about managing Rayna's image.

It wouldn't surprise me if Heather skips the reunion show (assuming there is one). The NDAs these people have to sign probably prevents her from telling the whole story. Yeah, Heather is maybe not the best Chief Stew we've ever seen, but this bullshit narrative the show is determined to play is making me side with her. 

Ted Bundy could be the chief stew, and I'd still side with him over lying, lazy, hypocritical, trouble-maker Rayna.

All I could think of when she refused to have a sit-down with Eddie and Heather (which I 100% know is because she recognizes she'll be found out for the POS that she is), was how could this dumb beyotch not realize that everything she's lying about is going to come out on TV when their season aired?

I loathe this beyotch, as well as that two-faced, backstabbing, jealous, immature, pathetic twit Frasier.

• Love 9
On 1/24/2022 at 11:02 PM, PaperTree said:

And as @iMonrey pointed out, there's no way Lee and Eddie haven't talked to Heather.  This thing has gotten way overblown.

Lots of artists use the word, I assume in an attempt to take it back.

Hell, back in the 80s or 90s was a band called N****z With Attitude.  Favorite song was  "F*** Tha Po-leese".

That band mainly goes by the initials "NWA", which does translated to "N****z with Attitude".

I completely agree with everything you said, Papertree.  While I don't find Heather to be fantastic, she's innocuously harmless.  I 100% believed both of her apologies to be sincere and not back pedaling, so I understand her astonishment that Rayna will not move on, especially after that POS twice accepted Heather's apologies. 

It pisses me off to no end that BRAVO is siding with Rayna on this, and is hell bent on painting her in a positive light.

If this shite doesn't get addressed at the reunion, and in a proper, authentic manner than how that dirtbag, a--hole Andy Cohen handled the brus season of BS, then I'm completely done with anything BRAVO.

As of now the only shows that I watch on that crap network are the Below Deck franchise and Project Runway.

Andy Cohen is the WORST.  Never, ever did I like him.  Always hated him being the reunion host for all their shows.  He's another two-faced, immature twit, so I'm not surprised when he sides with all the a--holes, e.g. the bru crew and Rayna.

I

• Love 11

Kaylee is blowing up balloons for the white party and she says the balloons are dirty.

Heather, with back to the camera, says "nothing you haven't put into your mouth before" or something like that, clearly a blow job joke.

Of course they dubbed that in post.

Heather, with back to the camera, says "nothing you haven't put into your mouth before" or something like that, clearly a blow job joke.

Of course they dubbed that in post.

Maybe your sound cut out, but they didn't bleep it. I heard her say "you've put worse in your mouth" (or something to that effect) quite clearly.

• Love 5

I watch most of the Bravo shows. I do not believe that I have ever heard anyone black or white  use the n word in any context. Bravo is dealing with racism and accusations of racism on all of the Real Housewives shows and Vanderpump Rules  this season and last season. A number of cast members have been fired over their racist statements and off camera social media posts. They are not going to give Heather a pass on this and they shouldn't. They should not give Rayna a pass. To claim that you were drunk and don't remember saying this is not an excuse.  And once you say it I don't know how you come back from this. Heather and Rayna knew they were mic'd  and this slipped easily out of their mouths. They both should have been fired. And Bravo dropped the ball on this. 

• Love 7

I was horrified by Rachel last year but she has really pulled herself together. Turns out that when she's not drinking she's funny and a supportive co-worker. And her excellence in the galley has been a constant whether sober or a drunken mess. I hope she signs on next year.

The guest throwing a hissyfit over cooked shellfish was such BS. Who the hell thinks the same cooking instructions apply to shellfish as actual fish? She claimed it was over a texture issue—yeah, because sushi-grade tuna and raw conch and oysters all have the exact same texture and consistency! Rachel should have plated a live crab for her next meal.

I'm crossing my fingers that Captain Lee will straighten out this whole slur business in the reunion episode, telling Heather that it was a big mistake on her part and Rayna that while she was right to call Heather out about it right away in that first crew galley scene, that should have been the end of it rather than milking the incident as a shield from all work criticism for weeks on end.

• Love 8

If I remember correctly, Heather using the N word was shown on camera. She and Rayna were walking on their way to the bar of the evening and Heather was singing along to some song playing that had that word in it. I was really shocked then that Rayna didn’t say anything at the time. I didn’t realize that Rayna was just waiting so that she could use it as drama for the rest of the season. I really despise Rayna. She’s a coward. She can’t confront anyone directly, but instead does passive-aggressive bullshit like telling people it’s fine and then acting like a total bitch. She’s too cowardly to be honest or address anything like an adult, but too childish and self-pitying to let things go.

Frazier just seems like a whiney, condescending ass. He’s the guy who looks down on everyone, even when he has nothing going on himself. He’s relentlessly negative; no wonder he and Rayna get along.

I disliked Rachel last season, but she has redeemed herself this season by simply being good at her job, which might be more than anybody else in the cast can say.

I do like Heather, but she seems clueless at times. She should know that grouchy and territorial Captain Lee is not going to appreciate her inviting herself into his area to do make-up and then leave her things behind in a big mess. I kind of wonder if Captain Lee might not want her back. He just seems like the kind of man who appreciates people who know their place.

How does Jake get so many lovers? He just seems like a walking STD to me.

• Like 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Blindfox said:

If I remember correctly, Heather using the N word was shown on camera. She and Rayna were walking on their way to the bar of the evening and Heather was singing along to some song playing that had that word in it. I was really shocked then that Rayna didn’t say anything at the time. I didn’t realize that Rayna was just waiting so that she could use it as drama for the rest of the season. I really despise Rayna. She’s a coward. She can’t confront anyone directly, but instead does passive-aggressive bullshit like telling people it’s fine and then acting like a total bitch. She’s too cowardly to be honest or address anything like an adult, but too childish and self-pitying to let things go.

Frazier just seems like a whiney, condescending ass. He’s the guy who looks down on everyone, even when he has nothing going on himself. He’s relentlessly negative; no wonder he and Rayna get along.

I disliked Rachel last season, but she has redeemed herself this season by simply being good at her job, which might be more than anybody else in the cast can say.

I do like Heather, but she seems clueless at times. She should know that grouchy and territorial Captain Lee is not going to appreciate her inviting herself into his area to do make-up and then leave her things behind in a big mess. I kind of wonder if Captain Lee might not want her back. He just seems like the kind of man who appreciates people who know their place.

How does Jake get so many lovers? He just seems like a walking STD to me.

I think it's even a little worse--Heather and Rayna were drinking and walking back to the bar and Rayna sang the song and Heather repeated it. I would have felt worse about the situation had Rayna not chosen to milk it so much.

I agree with everyone that Rachel has been amazing this season.

Yeah, Heather taking lots of crap into the bridge and leaving it there is something any other chief stew we've seen would know not to do.

And Jake, just eyew.

All that said, I thought this episode was really boring. And the bitch who got the vapors over cooked lobster can shut it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

OK, Karen, let's get something straight.  I understand you don't like fish.  But "shellfish" are not fish per se.  They are other creatures that live in the ocean that are not "fish".  They include arthropods, mollusks, and a variety of other creatures who inhabit that part of the world, but they are not "fish".  Shellfish just has "fish" in the name.  You know what else has "fish" in the name?  Fishwife.

• LOL 16
  • Love 5

They kept emphasizing that she didn't eat cooked fish. So if they gave her a piece of uncooked salmon or sea bass would she eat this.  I have heard of people saying that they don't eat seafood for never don't eat cooked fish. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

They kept emphasizing that she didn't eat cooked fish. So if they gave her a piece of uncooked salmon or sea bass would she eat this.  I have heard of people saying that they don't eat seafood for never don't eat cooked fish. 

I would have said I don't eat seafood which covers everything. I know people who won't eat fish but love a bit of crab or lobster and one who loves fish fish but hates shellfish.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I watch most of the Bravo shows. I do not believe that I have ever heard anyone black or white  use the n word in any context. Bravo is dealing with racism and accusations of racism on all of the Real Housewives shows and Vanderpump Rules  this season and last season. A number of cast members have been fired over their racist statements and off camera social media posts. They are not going to give Heather a pass on this and they shouldn't. They should not give Rayna a pass. To claim that you were drunk and don't remember saying this is not an excuse.  And once you say it I don't know how you come back from this. Heather and Rayna knew they were mic'd  and this slipped easily out of their mouths. They both should have been fired. And Bravo dropped the ball on this. 

I'll be pissed though if only Heather is reprimanded and faces negative repercussions for her use of the word.  Rayna absolutely should NOT get a pass on this.  Not also penalizing Rayna would be an unfair double standard.  NO ONE should say that word.  Period.  The end.

• Love 9

Bravo is dealing with racism and accusations of racism on all of the Real Housewives shows and Vanderpump Rules  this season and last season. A number of cast members have been fired over their racist statements and off camera social media posts. They are not going to give Heather a pass on this and they shouldn't. They should not give Rayna a pass. To claim that you were drunk and don't remember saying this is not an excuse.  And once you say it I don't know how you come back from this. Heather and Rayna knew they were mic'd  and this slipped easily out of their mouths. They both should have been fired. And Bravo dropped the ball on this. 

It's too bad that Bravo is in damage control mode, because in better hands I think this would be an important conversation to have if it were addressed honestly. Why was it OK for Rayna to say that word but not for Heather to repeat it? You can argue it both ways and have that debate. I, personally, think it sends mixed messages when hip hop artists and other folks of color use that word, but they will defend their right to do so. People can see both sides.

Unfortunately, it looks like the show is just allowing Rayna to play the victim card and is happy to go along with that narrative. This accomplishes nothing, except to infuriate those of us who were paying attention. It's a much worse look for Rayna than for Heather, IMO, but the show seems determined to spin it the other way around for their own protection. And that's the opposite of useful. 

We expect a certain amount of fakery on these "reality" shows, especially the lower-brow ones on Bravo, but I really feel like this instance has crossed a line. Racism is such a hot button issue and the way Rayna and the show are using it exacerbates the problem.

• Love 8