Type keyword(s) to search

S10:E12: Dolly's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Do they really diagnose a kindergardener with bipolar?    

Entire career in early childhood education. I've never heard or seen that. The most you might get is a "suspected" ED (Emotionally Disturbed)

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

They're spraying body spray all over their clothes. I feel bad for mom who will be stuck in the car with that cloud for four+ hours.

They took the little girl with them too.  I feel the sorriest for HER.  The adults have a choice, whether to put up with it all - she doesn't have any.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

No. I was hoping they wouldn't show the child. But this is TLC

Yeah. I was about to congratulate them on just showing a few pictures of her then keeping her off screen. Even worse to be drug there with her selfish, birth vessel.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Good point, wondering if IQ is an issue. Do they still judge competence on that?

I went to look up the laws in Iowa. From what I can tell, the child can be removed if the parent can't properly care for the child or if the child has been in need of assistance (or other factors not relevant here). I didn't see anything that specifically mentioned IQ. The courts have tried to let people with differing levels of ability live their lives - not everyone with a lower IQ needs help from the courts. That said, if your IQ limits your ability to properly care for the child, then yes, the argument could be made that the child should be removed. (practiced in another jurisdiction many eons ago)

• Love 2

I wish they’d change the opening black screen to “this show MAY contain actual surgical procedures. Possibly. Maybe. We just don’t know any more”. 

To be even more honest, the disclaimer should also read "May contain filth and creative bathing practices."

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, Boston said:

Give me your address and I will send you pastries..LOL.  do you love cannolis???  Im not a sweet eater.  I like the real junk food like DOODLES AND FRITOS. 

Happy Birthday! 

These are not easy times. 

I'm a sweet eater. My eating habit is, I have to fight it all the time and most days I do have a sweet dessert after dinner. I'm of average weight, and it's a comfort thing for me, especially after work and from Nov. until spring.  S-A-D? And bread, butter...don't get me started... 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

I love to eat pastries.  LOVE to.  I do not buy pastries.  Unless it's my birthday.  I'm over here solving my own problems!

I like pastries.  I buy them a couple times a month.  BUT I eat a small one at a time, not a dozen of them.  And if it's an 'individual pie/cake' I often eat 1/2 and then finish the next day.  Also solves the problem, but in a less brutal way.

My biggest temptation is mini croissants.  Cannot resist them.  But again, I don't eat a ton of them, just 2-3 (probably an equivalent of a full-sized one) and that's it for the day.  

Oh shut the fuck up about your pain Dolly. 

I'll bet it hurts. I'm guessing she has some sort of gangrene or flesh rot.

Do they really diagnose a kindergardener with bipolar?    

No. It's a diagnosis that isn't supposed to be given until age 18.

I am waiting for Dr. Now to tell her she smells

He usually couches it as "concerns about hygiene."

Is Dollys friend just a friend? Does she live there? What is her deal?

Her friend is Cheyenne. She says she is Dolly's "best friend." I don't know if she lives there but she provides Dolly with a lot of her activities of daily living (bathing, etc.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 4