Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E08: It Came Upon a Midnight Clear

Bort
  • Start Topic

The doctors of Grey Sloan Memorial celebrate the holidays; Hamilton and Meredith prepare for a milestone on their project; Link wants to spend the holiday with Amelia and Scout as a family; Schmitt is faced with a difficult decision during surgery.

Airdate: 16 Dec 2021

People on Twitter are saying that teddy and Owen had better be okay.  I can’t watch until tomorrow.  
oh, geez, I thought it was over.  Sorry.  

Edited by Anela

Everybody's annoying me tonight.

Why would you open up the patient when you don't have the organ on site? 

What is with the new guy's obsession with Bailey? If his whole thing is going to be sucking up to her and getting whatever he wants because she's just so flattered that he wants to learn from her, send him back to Minnesota, please. And what the hell does "I don't want to learn the surgery, I want to learn you" even mean? That sounded creepy.

Don't flirt with the patients, Schmidt.

Shut up, Link. The hospital is not the place for your little speech. (And of course he saw her and Kai kissing.)

How's that Weber method working out?

Now we gotta wait until February!?

• Love 13

Now we gotta wait until February!?

Not even the beginning of February! 

Called it about Amelia & Kai. I couldn't even look when Link came out and saw them kissing. 

Meredith throwing up...just nerves or a Thanksgiving snowbound baby? Also, when Mer said that Derek would be watching her doing the surgery, I was like "Yeah, and second-guessing her every move."

Creepy intern.

A real cliffhanger...no pun intended. Another crossover episode, though.

Well. The back road to Tacoma still wants blood.

Yep, thought about that.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Kristi800 said:

Meredith throwing up...just nerves or a Thanksgiving snowbound baby? Also, when Mer said that Derek would be watching her doing the surgery, I was like "Yeah, and second-guessing her every move."

Last time we saw her puke she was pregnant with Ellis so.....

• Love 3

As soon as Meredith puked I thought she was pregnant. The only person I liked tonight was Hayes. I felt bad for Link but I do like Amelia/Kai. I really hate Jo having a crush on Link. I can't stand Schmidt so I'm glad he screwed up big time maybe he will be off the show for good. 

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

That was my first thought too.

6 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

As soon as Meredith puked I thought she was pregnant. The only person I liked tonight was Hayes. I felt bad for Link but I do like Amelia/Kai. I really hate Jo having a crush on Link. I can't stand Schmidt so I'm glad he screwed up big time maybe he will be off the show for good. 

I was thinking this could be the end of Schmidt, but then I remembered when Izzy cut the lvad wire to save Denny and nothing happened to her. So......who knows? It is likely the end of the Webber method though.

Poor podcast guy. I know he wasn't gonna make it from the second I heard Schmidt talk about liking his podcast.

I am glad Hayes told Owen and Teddy about Meghan clearly being depressed. Of course the ignored him though. 

Is it terrible if I hope this is actually the end of Owen? He is my least favorite character and has been for years. Plus they gave him a heroic death for his fans.

• Love 7

What a depressing episode just when I need hope.. Today's theme is hubris: Winston opens Farouk before the the heart;  Hamilton convinces Meredith to go against the rules (why was there only a 3 day window anyway?); Schmidt thinks he doesn't need an attending any more.; Richard thinks that residents can operate unsupervised.

They could have at least given me something nice with Linc and Amelia instead of breaking Linc's heart.

Why did three heads of departments go to collect a heart when an EMT could have done it? Oh, right, so they can be put into danger.

At least "the Webber method" has been exposed as a mess. If Schmidt quits, it's not a complete waste of an episode.

33 minutes ago, Kristi800 said:

Meredith throwing up...just nerves or a Thanksgiving snowbound baby?

Just what she needs, another baby for Amelia and Maggie to take care of.

• LOL 5
  • Love 15

The Webber Method sounds an awful lot like that retched Minnick Method from season 13… where residents perform surgery solo. It didn't work out well then, and I distinctly remember Richard being against that method of teaching. 

Owen's going to survive. 

Amelia sucks. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Pallas said:

This show keeps coming up with remote backroads where none exist. The fastest way to drive from Tacoma to Seattle is via I-5, but then the most dramatic thing that could happen would be a pile-on collision. Even if you don't take I-5, the area between Seattle and Tacoma is heavily industrialized; there are no picturesque, low-traffic mountain roads.

• Useful 6
  • Love 9

Anybody who thinks Owen is gonna die is kidding themselves because as much as people hate him and want him gone he isn't about to get killed off anytime soon and will be around until the end of the series. It was pretty obvious to me in the promo when they said there was a civilian without a pulse that it was the driver that died and I'm pretty sure he died before he even crashed the car.

We're getting Kaimelia then which I guess is OK and I will go along with it for now but I am pretty sure that Limelia is gonna be the end game so this is gonna be a stumbling block. I also imagine that Amelia when she does get back together with Linc will cave and agree to marry him and Amelia not wanting to be married will be chalked up as her having cold feet about it. I also expect we are in for Jonk at least for a little while because no male/female friendship can stay platonic.

Hamilton won't die from his bowel perforation and won't die in general just yet. I do not think that the Parkinson's trial is gonna be a success. While Hamilton lives for now I think the trial will end up being a wash and Hamilton bites it on the table due to complications. The research into it will continue but it will be Kai and she leaves after splitting with Amelia and Meredith decides to stay at Grey-Sloane.

Well we all knew that it was going to happen and it finally did. Schmidt ended up killing a patient. I'm pretty sure he also ended up killing the Webber Method also even if he didn't do what Richard told him to do an WAIT before the next part of the surgery. Miranda was pissed and probably knew this was gonna happen and I could hear the resentment in her voice when she told Richard it was all on him.

Jordan went from 100 to 0 pretty fast didn't he? We all had hope for him being a better resident than Helm or Schmidt but now it looks like he will be shoving his head up Bailey's ass in order to butter her up and get compliments from her. Bailey who likes the attention will probably revel in it for a while before it gets too weird or Ben warns him off her. Either way, Jordan isn't the dream resident Bailey wanted and I don't think he will be around long.

Finally no way in hell is Meredith pregnant again. She already has three kids and she would take precautions to prevent this from happening again. Even if she didn't, the writers aren't gonna go there. Amelia and Maggie are already raising the three she has now plus Amelia has Scout and I have a feeling sometime in the not-to-distant future Maggie might have a baby so there wouldn't be anymore kids. She barely manages to spend any time with the first three so it wouldn't do much for her characterization if she has a baby Marsh. Honestly its more likely that after Link/Jo hook up and then break up and Kai/Amelia break up that Link and Amelia get back together only for Jo to reveal she's pregnant with Link's child.

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, Amazee-Dayzee said:

I also expect we are in for Jonk at least for a little while because no male/female friendship can stay platonic.

Now I want them to get together for a bit just so everyone can refer to them as "Jonk."

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Pallas said:

Yes. One of the things that consistently pisses me off about this show is the wrong geography just to fit a story. Trying to pretend that the way between Seattle and Tacoma has some isolated backwoods, rather than the heavily built up urban interstate highway it really is. Now if they wanted to put in bumper to bumper backup that would be believable. But not the crap they keep coming up with. There are isolated parts of this state, but it's certainly not between Seattle and Tacoma. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
27 minutes ago, ForeverAlone said:

Yes. One of the things that consistently pisses me off about this show is the wrong geography just to fit a story. Trying to pretend that the way between Seattle and Tacoma has some isolated backwoods, rather than the heavily built up urban interstate highway it really is. Now if they wanted to put in bumper to bumper backup that would be believable. But not the crap they keep coming up with. There are isolated parts of this state, but it's certainly not between Seattle and Tacoma. 

They actually showed it correctly when Link was in an Uber on his way to the airport. Which, as is very easy to guess from its name (SeaTac), also happens to be between Seattle and Tacoma.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

If it means we lose Glasses, let Own make it!!!

I don't think either are going anywhere. Owen will be saved. Hayes knows his big secret now so there is the Owen drama for the rest of the season. Maybe they will add in Hayes growing closer to Megan if he tries to help her since he seems to be the only one who sees she has a problem. Poor Hayes, they sign Scott Speedman and he gets kicked from love interest to Owen drama, lol.

Glasses will probably have a crisis of confidence which I am guessing may make him even more insufferable.

I don't think Meredith is pregnant. I think the puking was nerves.

I had hopes for Dr. Wright but they dropped after tonight. I guess "don't bother sucking up" Dr. Bailey from the first season now loves a suck up.

I have found this season really dull. My 2 favorite storylines last season and this one both involved Link - his friendship with Jo and his relationship with Amelia. Looks like both of those will be ruined.

I'm fine with the show being off until the end of February. There's nothing I am really looking forward to seeing at this point.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, chocolatine said:

This show keeps coming up with remote backroads where none exist. The fastest way to drive from Tacoma to Seattle is via I-5, but then the most dramatic thing that could happen would be a pile-on collision. Even if you don't take I-5, the area between Seattle and Tacoma is heavily industrialized; there are no picturesque, low-traffic mountain roads.

Besides even if there were those picturesque roads, they STILL wouldn’t be using them.  The minimum standard for transporting organs is an ambulance with lights and sirens not a car.  But, this was a heart with a 4-6 hour transplant window, they would have used one of those fancy newfangled air ambulance helicopter things which would have gotten the heart there in about 15 minutes

• Useful 3
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, Avabelle said:

What’s his big secret?

He gave the sick veteran (whose funeral he and Teddy were coming from in the beginning, and whose name escapes me) drugs to help him die, and promised a few others in the support group to help them as well. The vet's widow knows the names and the drugs are in his truck.

• Love 3

Well that was not so festive.

I almost fell off my recliner chair when it started with Meredith with her kids.  That was out of the ordinary.  I fully expected Nick to walk out too.  Please don't let her be pregnant.  We don't need another Meredith has pregnancy/birth issues episode.  2 are enough.  

Most of it felt so "blah" for me.  The new resident showed so much promise last week, to be sucking up to Bailey this.  Helm happily threw Schmidt under a bus, let's hope the bus takes him out and we are rid of his annoyingness. I saw something between Meredith and Hayes, and then they left it at that, that was disappointing.  If Maggie and Amelia (as heads of departments) are so against the Webber method, why don't they stop it, surely, they would have some say? 

The actual cliffhangers, well, they at least are cliffhangers.  I don't mind Owen, when he isn't in a relationship and self-sabotaging it.  There are others I would happily see "die" and leave the show before him.  Schmidt being one. Why were 2 or 3 department heads all picking up an organ? (is Teddy a head of department still?)  I felt Linc's heart break watching that scene.  It was so sad.  I still maintain Linc and Amelia belong together, they were all that kept me watching at times last season.  To tear that apart now, it frustrates me to no end.  

I can't believe I am asking this, but are Ben and Bailey fighting Dean's parents (or the mother's family) for custody of little Pru?  

I really should go back to watching season 2, it is much more cohesive and even though it is "out there", I like it so much more.  Getting close to cutting L-Vad wires.... :D 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, LittlePeas3 said:

Helm happily threw Schmidt under a bus, let's hope the bus takes him out and we are rid of his annoyingness.

Helm accurately reported the actions taken in the OR. And there were nurses and an anesthesiologist in there who heard and saw what happened. Schmidt made a choice. Now he lives with the consequences. And I hope this means we're done with him.

Edited by anna0852
  • Love 17
7 minutes ago, LittlePeas3 said:

I can't believe I am asking this, but are Ben and Bailey fighting Dean's parents (or the mother's family) for custody of little Pru?  

I think it was his father that we saw in that one episode? I could not care less about that story, especially if they're only going to make passing references to it on Grey's. I do not watch Station 19 (I could count on one hand the number of episodes I've purposely watched [as opposed to just leaving the TV on while I'm doing other things until Grey's starts, which is also rare]) and all the crossovers in the world are not going to make me start.

• Love 6

Amelia and Kai? No thanks. I see no chemistry there at all. Link needs a happy ending. 

I don't think anyone will fire Schmidt - Webber is going to blame himself. Bailey and Maggie already do. 

Again, the time-line doesn't make much sense, but I guess they could have flown in from Minnesota at night where Meredith did Christmas stuff with her kids for one night, then the surgery was supposed to be the next day...

Owen will survive. If that preview was of the firefighters carrying a body, remember that the driver is still in the car too.

Which brings me to a question, why did they need a 4th person to drive all three of them? 2 should have gone, Hayes and Teddy, with one of them driving. Silly. 

• Love 8

Another thing that mildly bugged me...Amelia and Link may not be together, but they share custody of their child; I wouldn't expect them to tell each other where they are at all times, but you'd think a person would let their kid's other parent know when they are unexpectedly traveling to another state...

2 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Owen will survive. If that preview was of the firefighters carrying a body, remember that the driver is still in the car too.

Yeah, Owen said he probably had a stroke, because he had a blown pupil. He's had zero treatment of any kind. Given however long they were in the car before it fell, then however long it'll take for the S19 crew to get to it, his chances of survival (if he wasn't already dead when the car crashed) are probably nonexistent (then again it is Grey's so you never know; it could be a Christmas miracle).

8 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I don't think anyone will fire Schmidt - Webber is going to blame himself. Bailey and Maggie already do. 

I hope they all get sued. If this was a real hospital I would never want to go to Seattle because I wouldn't want to take the chance that something could happen to me and I'd end up there. No medical emergency is as terrifying as the thought that Schmidt (or Helm, or Bailey's weird new pet) might be my doctor.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Which brings me to a question, why did they need a 4th person to drive all three of them? 2 should have gone, Hayes and Teddy, with one of them driving. Silly. 

He was a driver for the organ transportation service; all the more reason that having three department heads in the car was stupid; there are services that do that sort of thing, no high-level surgeon necessary. Teddy went because she wanted to "have eyes" on the heart (why? she would see it when it got to the hospital...); I don't know why Owen had to go, and McIrish wanted to go because he wanted to talk to them about Megan's depression after she basically said she'd take her own life if Farouk died (which, by the way, is really not a conversation they should be having with another person in the car).

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, ams1001 said:

What is with the new guy's obsession with Bailey? If his whole thing is going to be sucking up to her and getting whatever he wants because she's just so flattered that he wants to learn from her, send him back to Minnesota, please. And what the hell does "I don't want to learn the surgery, I want to learn you" even mean? That sounded creepy.

I got some serious creepy vibes from him this episode.  And even if the Webber method sucks, how does a new guy get to take a "rain check?"  Because Bailey now wants people sucking up to her?

13 hours ago, anna0852 said:

If she's pregnant again, then her hostile uterus must now be party central.

9 hours ago, windsprints said:

I'm fine with the show being off until the end of February. There's nothing I am really looking forward to seeing at this point.

I literally thought "Why am I watching this?" during this episode.

3 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I think it was his father that we saw in that one episode? I could not care less about that story, especially if they're only going to make passing references to it on Grey's. I do not watch Station 19 (I could count on one hand the number of episodes I've purposely watched [as opposed to just leaving the TV on while I'm doing other things until Grey's starts, which is also rare]) and all the crossovers in the world are not going to make me start.

I have watched two episodes of Station 19, the first one when I thought I'd give it a shot and didn't like it and one crossover.  I'm not watching anymore of them.  If it's that important, it can be on Grey's.

Some nice imagery in this one - Levi standing in what looked like a lake of blood.

• Love 4

I love how Maggie came back and immediately started speaking sense about the Webber method. 

"Residents operate up to a predetermined point..."

"Any resident?"

"Only those who've shown that they can independently and competently open the patient and dissect where they need to be."

*Laughs* "I'd love to see that list"

After Webber tells her he plans to expand his method to all specialties: "No not mine not cardio. No hearts in baby surgeons' hands."

Even Maggie knows that the residents are terrible and aren't to be trusted. That being said, there's a reason residency is four years. There's a reason we have attendings. It's because residents aren't ready to fly solo. Levi, by moving ahead in the procedure without waiting for an attending, proved exactly why this method doesn't work and is inherently flawed. Most residents don't have the maturity, discipline, or experience to operate on their own and to know when they're in over their head. He was too cocky, and now, a man is dead. If he can't be fired, he should at the very least be suspended. That pool of blood on the floor was horrifying to see. That man's family should sue. Also, that brings up another question: does malpractice cover a situation in which a hospital/doctor is deliberately negligent? Everyone knows the Webber method leaves residents unattended during surgery, so it seems as though it would be well within the insurance company's right to not cover any damages awarded to the family.

Meredith -- how old is she? There is no way that she is pregnant

Bailey -- new doc has to be related to her somehow. The level of ass kissing is too much, even for this show.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Poor podcast guy. I know he wasn't gonna make it from the second I heard Schmidt talk about liking his podcast.

I knew he wasn't going to make it when Schmidt and Helm were assigned.

Christmas wish - fire Schmidt and Helm

• Love 10

I cracked up when Meredith said that she can't lie to the FDA when we know that she has and shouldn't be allowed near any drug trial ever. It just amazes me how her screwing up Derek's trial has all been handwaved away.

Owen doing assisted suicides is probably the most interesting dimension to his character in years. I doubt he'll die but he's probably one of the few cast members that hasn't been a patient where everyone "comes together to save one of their own."

So is the Minnesota location done now? After all the money they invested in that lab they had to come back to Seattle?

• Love 9
56 minutes ago, marceline said:

I cracked up when Meredith said that she can't lie to the FDA when we know that she has and shouldn't be allowed near any drug trial ever. It just amazes me how her screwing up Derek's trial has all been handwaved away.

How could I have forgotten to comment on that? I laughed out loud. However, maybe they had her say that to signify growth? I doubt that she'd do the same thing again.

56 minutes ago, marceline said:

Owen doing assisted suicides is probably the most interesting dimension to his character in years.

It was by far the most interesting thing to come out of his mouth in the past five years.

Edited by PepSinger
  • Love 5

When I saw 3 doctors in a car and an accident, all I could think was "3 doctors' lives at risk and NONE of them is Glasses? not even Helm?"

I so hope Glasses gets fired or quits but I know not to get my hopes.

I was hoping new resident would be an interesting character but looks like he is a nut--disappointing.
I did love being on the same page with Maggie when she asked who would be on that list of competent residents.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Avabelle said:

What’s his big secret?

That he had the drugs in his car & was helping veterans with assisted suicide. He told Hayes about it. - Ooops, typed before seeing someone answered already, sorry.

I cracked up when Meredith said that she can't lie to the FDA when we know that she has and shouldn't be allowed near any drug trial ever. It just amazes me how her screwing up Derek's trial has all been handwaved away.

Now that it is her name/reputation attached she suddenly cares. Last time everyone covered for her and now it would be on her

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 4
Just now, ams1001 said:
52 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Washington State has a Death With Dignity act so I don't understand the secrecy about Owen helping end-of-life soldiers die with medical assistance.

I was wondering about that. I thought WA had such a law (but clearly I wasn't wondering enough to look it up).

You know what's even more hilarious? There was an episode back in S6 with Sara Gilbert where her character had to beg Owen to let her die. The show is *clearly* aware that this in legal in WA, and they totally forgot for the sake of plot. 

In that same episode, Owen recounts how when he was deployed, a fellow soldier asked Owen to let him only for help to show moments after the man died. I guess Owen's come around on assisted suicide.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, LittlePeas3 said:

Yes. Dean had a will giving Ben and Miranda custody, but his parents disagree with it and are filing for custody. The mother's parents are trying to get visitation as well. 

5 hours ago, anna0852 said:

Helm accurately reported the actions taken in the OR. And there were nurses and an anesthesiologist in there who heard and saw what happened. Schmidt made a choice. Now he lives with the consequences. And I hope this means we're done with him.

Helm was right to say what happened. She told Schmidt not to move forward and he did. 

They will likely end up saying that the guy could have died anyway because of some pre-existing issue and it wasn't Schmidt's fault or something.

5 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

They needed a 4th person so someone could die without us caring.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
15 hours ago, Kristi800 said:
14 hours ago, statsgirl said:

15 hours ago, Kristi800 said:

Meredith throwing up...just nerves or a Thanksgiving snowbound baby?

Just what she needs, another baby for Amelia and Maggie to take care of.

Another baby for Meredith to ignore. 🙄🙄🙄

Ugh, if they have to kill somebody, why can't it be Teddy? Does anyone like Teddy? Show of hands. They could kill McIrish off too as far as I'm concerned. The character has about as much personality as a piece of toast. Owen is the one that bugs me the least out of the three of them.

I'd hope they get rid of Schmidt too, but I know it's a pipe dream. I don't know who likes him but apparently someone does. He must have very vocal support on Twitter or something.

I hate, hate, hate this thing with Amelia and Kai. Never mind the fact that there have already been far too many female characters who are fluid enough to have sex with any gender, which only fuels the belief that sexual preference is a choice, a dangerous message IMO. Beyond that, it really makes Amelia look like a flake. It's only been a matter of weeks since she last slept with Linc and confirmed that she does indeed love him, it's just marriage she is against. Now suddenly she's kissing someone she barely knows. This just makes her look fickle, even if she does think Linc rejected her. It also makes it look like she never really loved Linc that much. I know she's always been kind of a flake and an addict too, but Amelia and Linc were the most solid thing during the whole Covid phase, and now the show has to go an louse that up. Figures.

• Love 16

Dean (Station 19) had a distant relationship with his parents.  They were very money driven and pretentious and disapproved of him leaving a high paying financial career to become a firefighter.  He did not want his child raised in that environment which is why he made Ben and Amanda her guardians.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, PepSinger said:

Also, that brings up another question: does malpractice cover a situation in which a hospital/doctor is deliberately negligent? Everyone knows the Webber method leaves residents unattended during surgery, so it seems as though it would be well within the insurance company's right to not cover any damages awarded to the family.

Remember when we used to call it Grey Sloan Mercy Death?  You’d think a hospital of this size would have, I dunno, actual lawyers on staff.  Lawyers who would’ve vetoed letting unqualified doctors perform surgeries. What a stupid stupid plan. What could go wrong?  

• Love 9
23 hours ago, Kristi800 said:

Creepy intern.

So creepy. And what a bummer! He was so likable in his first ep, I'm amazed how fast I went from "New competent intern, this is great!" to "Whoaaaa, get out of here." What a shame, they finally do a quality introduction of someone and then immediately ruin it.

22 hours ago, DEL901 said:

So, anyone else wondering if Bailey gave a child up for adoption a few decades ago?

I wasn't before, but I am now!

Also I echo everyone who hopes this is the end of Glasses. PLEASE!

• Love 6

From the Vulture recap:

It seems wild that they’d let three attendings head off to Tacoma to get a heart, but we already know Grey Sloan has some oversight problems.

Now there's an understatement.

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, PepSinger said:

Meredith -- how old is she? There is no way that she is pregnant

Thank you, because I was really surprised reading the pregnancy speculation here.  She'd be a medical miracle.  She should be well into perimenopause, or actual menopause, at this point.  And while I'm on the subject of Meredith, Ellen's face is hard to look at now.  She really needs to stop getting all those fillers which have turned her face into a lumpy potato. 

I'm not the least bit interested in Kai, and I loathe what they did with Linc seeing Amelia and Kai kissing.  I also loathe Jo's sudden crush on Linc.  Whatever the writers think they are doing, it's not working, and frankly, it's insulting to everyone involved.

I was hoping it would be Teddy who died, and I don't care about Farouk's heart or Megan, so my cold, black heart was ready to let them all die, one way or another.  Maybe if Megan hadn't been such a bitch to Amelia when they first met, I might feel differently.  Maybe if Megan had ANY other story lines besides a continual string of traumas, I might care.  But she's just a walking disaster all the time, so, meh.

I guess Glasses will get away with malpractice and manslaughter because podcast guy didn't seem to have anyone who cared about him in the hospital, so no one will ask any questions or sue.  If there had been family there, would they even tell family what happened during the surgery?  Would they disclose that an inexperienced dumbass was allowed to cut into him unsupervised, and that he recklessly butchered him so every drop of blood in his body flooded onto the floor?  Or would they just give them the standard "there were complications" and lie that "we did everything we could" (except give him an actual surgeon who knew what they were doing)? 

• Love 11

This show keeps coming up with remote backroads where none exist. The fastest way to drive from Tacoma to Seattle is via I-5, but then the most dramatic thing that could happen would be a pile-on collision.

LOL. I love how the show stuck a remote mountain pass in the middle of the 35 minute commute (without traffic) between Seattle and Tacoma. The most remote location you could end up on that drive would be in the Wild Waves water-park parking lot.

Other thoughts:

• I've been really disappointed in how isolated Meredith has been from the rest of the Grey Sloane world for the past two seasons, so this episode was a small step in the right direction for me, although not enough to completely right the ship. I keep wondering if the writers are experimenting with what this show looks like without EP, because between Covid Beach and Minnesota, she's been largely absent from the rest of the story lines.
  • I like Hayes. I'm glad the show actually gave him something to do.  I think he and Meredith have real chemistry and I'm hoping maybe they will circle back around and at least give this pairing a chance.  Nick is fine, but there is something about he and Mer that just feels off to me- I'm not sure what. There's no spark/tension/humor/drama between them. It feels like the world demanded these two be together after SS's guest-star turn last season, so the writers gave it a shot, only to not know what to do with them once they became a couple.
  • Jo all of a sudden realizing she has a massive crush on Linc is so contrived- even for this show.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, izabella said:

Thank you, because I was really surprised reading the pregnancy speculation here.  She'd be a medical miracle.  She should be well into perimenopause, or actual menopause, at this point.

Yeah, that’s exactly why I asked the question. LOL. I was surprised people actually thought she could be pregnant. I know time is a flat circle on this show, but it’s not that much off the rails.

3 hours ago, izabella said:

And while I'm on the subject of Meredith, Ellen's face is hard to look at now.  She really needs to stop getting all those fillers which have turned her face into a lumpy potato. 

It’s making her eyes look as if they’re slits. Her eyes used to look much wider.

• Love 3