Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E08: It Came Upon a Midnight Clear

Bort
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, izabella said:

Thank you, because I was really surprised reading the pregnancy speculation here.  She'd be a medical miracle.  She should be well into perimenopause, or actual menopause, at this point.  And while I'm on the subject of Meredith, Ellen's face is hard to look at now.  She really needs to stop getting all those fillers which have turned her face into a lumpy potato. 

She could be as young as 44, so still within childbearing years.  However, with a "hostile uterus" that has already given her a two miracle babies, I doubt they would make her pregnant.

And yeah, she needs to stop with the fillers.  She looks bad.

• Love 4

Meredith was supposedly born in 1978 - I remember reading that somewhere and remembering that because that was the year I was born. She was a little kid in the episode that flashed back to 1982. That would make her 43 - a high-risk pregnancy to be sure, but not impossible.

Edited by madpsych78
  • Love 1

I know time is a flat circle on this show, but it’s not that much off the rails.

100% agree it would be ridiculous if Meredith was pregnant - should should be 50 by now. But the show has deaged her more than once & I think it said she was born in 1978.  Also, this show had Adele pregnant in her 50s. That being said, I don't think she is pregnant. We've seen her puke from nerves before. If they feel the need to have yet another (unneeded IMO) pregnancy I think it will be Amelia. She slept with Linc and now is falling for someone else. 

I guess Glasses will get away with malpractice and manslaughter because podcast guy didn't seem to have anyone who cared about him in the hospital, so no one will ask any questions or sue.

Agree, nothing will happen to him. No one else has ever been held accountable so doubt he will. Maybe he will go off to the woods like Derek did or something. I think we are going to be treated to Emo Glasses for a few episodes. 

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 4

Schmidt thinks he doesn't need an attending any more.; Richard thinks that residents can operate unsupervised.

I was just like: So the rest of the season will be dedicated to shutting down the hospital because they are sued into oblivion for such gross malpractice?  I realize there is precedent on this show for doctors getting away with being reckless and killing patients (Izzie comes to mind immediately), but Glasses was just so arrogant about his abilities that he doesn't really deserve to come back from this.

• Love 9

Whoever was the official attending on the Glasses case is liable for malpractice.  Regardless of the hand on the scapal they are the one's responsible for the procedure.  Whose patient was he...Richard's or Bailey's?

I see Owen surviving and realizing that his heart is with the Vets so he leaves Grey-Sloan (and the show) to go save them

This show has become so disjointed that it is like watching 3 shows.  1) Grey's Anatomy-Seattle 2) Fake Grey's-Minnesota 3) Can't build an audience on our own Station 19.  It makes story continuity and viewer involvement almost impossible.  And it is showing in the ratings.  I know I wouldn't not be disappointed or surprised if they end it after this season.  

• Love 7
8 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I was just like: So the rest of the season will be dedicated to shutting down the hospital because they are sued into oblivion for such gross malpractice?

LOL. I thought the same thing. The show would have to end this season because there is no way Grey-Sloane would be able to exist with such a lawsuit. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, pally said:

This show has become so disjointed that it is like watching 3 shows.  1) Grey's Anatomy-Seattle 2) Fake Grey's-Minnesota 3) Can't build an audience on our own Station 19.  It makes story continuity and viewer involvement almost impossible.

Add to the disjointedness is that none of the long arc stories are really compelling. Instead of the star residents being Meredith and Christina, it's Glasses and Helms. Instead of the heat of Mer/Der, we get Glasses and Hot Asian Guy. Bailey is no longer to be feared but a mess of personal issues. Teddy lost me with the cheating on Owen and I dislike Megan enough from her last visit that her distress over Farouk leaves me cold as does the relationship with McIrish who was more interesting with Jo.

The only relationship I cared about was Amelia/Linc which Krista blew up at the end of last season but even if it's only temporary, the Linc/Amelia /Kai triangle is not interesting. It may have looked good on paper but the actor playing Kai is so low key, I don't understand what Amelia sees in them sexually other than a change from the energetic and charismatic Linc. Jo/Linc is making Jo look pathetic and ruining a good friendship.

If the show is to go on, it desperately needs a revitalization of energy.

• Love 6

Of all of the storylines which I dislike right now, the Jo suddenly is in love with Linc is the worst. Completely unbelievable. At the risk of being too shallow, Jo's hair issues all season have distracted me from her competency as a doctor. Even when helping to save the actor in the playground, all I could see was the hair. 

I still like the show but I do not like Meredith with Nick -- nor do I like Meredith/Amelia in Minnesota. Hopefully bringing Peter Gallagher's character - and Team - to Seattle puts an end to the separate Minnesota setting. They will have to find some way to bring Nick to Seattle unless they jettison him. 

The Glasses kills a patient/Webber Method was a disaster. There were too many people in that OR for the real story to remain hidden. Looking forward to getting rid of Glasses. 

I do like Winston - but is it SOP in real life to cut open a patient for a transplant prior to the organ actually being on site? 

I don't mind the idea of Amelia/Kai but Kai is just too bland -- barely there. 

• Love 7

Another long-lost Grey/Ellis sibling? LOL

I thought Glasses was going to have a fling with podcast guy and then have a conflict with Nico. Then Schmidt would choose podcast guy and they'd go walking off the show together. Nope, he got a reprieve. Can I call him the new "007"? 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 12/18/2021 at 6:19 PM, windsprints said:

Agree, nothing will happen to him. No one else has ever been held accountable so doubt he will. Maybe he will go off to the woods like Derek did or something. I think we are going to be treated to Emo Glasses for a few episodes. 

I originally read this as "Elmo Glasses" and was trying to figure out what that meant... Very ticklish? Red? Furry?

I suppose I already think of him as rather emo...I wonder if they'll show him talking it through with Nico at all? Or Jo, as they had a friendship as roommates at one point? Though I also wonder, with it not resuming until February, will we do another time jump, and he's either completely over it or has left the hospital?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 12/19/2021 at 11:40 AM, statsgirl said:

They need to get rid of all the childish, useless and story-less interns.  Bring in some adults!  I thought new Minnesota guy would be a breath of fresh air, but no, they immediately turned him into a Bailey sycophant and ruined him in the second episode in which he appeared.  And, my god, stop with the romantic musical chairs.  It's not interesting! 

They could bring back Addison, too.  It was great seeing her and her energy, though too brief.  Meredith is bringing this show down.  She is sleepwalking through every scene.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 8
On 12/16/2021 at 8:45 PM, chocolatine said:

This show keeps coming up with remote backroads where none exist. The fastest way to drive from Tacoma to Seattle is via I-5, but then the most dramatic thing that could happen would be a pile-on collision. Even if you don't take I-5, the area between Seattle and Tacoma is heavily industrialized; there are no picturesque, low-traffic mountain roads.

And a back road like that, even if it existed, surely couldn't be faster than I-5 -- the area of heavy traffic is around Seattle, not between Seattle and Tacoma at that hour.

Edited by Rammchick
On 12/19/2021 at 6:01 PM, Kristi800 said:

Another long-lost Grey/Ellis sibling? LOL

I thought Glasses was going to have a fling with podcast guy and then have a conflict with Nico. Then Schmidt would choose podcast guy and they'd go walking off the show together. Nope, he got a reprieve. Can I call him the new "007"? 

They already have one out there to build a story around.  Lexie's sister Molly.  A sister who is a parent to at least one teenager and has nothing to do with medicine...might make a nice contrast to everyone else.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, pally said:

They already have one out there to build a story around.  Lexie's sister Molly.  A sister who is a parent to at least one teenager and has nothing to do with medicine...might make a nice contrast to everyone else.

Right, but is there another one we don't even know about yet?

Like they pulled Maggie out of thin air. Mer must be annoyed. Here's Lexie on one hand who skipped a grade and Maggie graduated from college at 16 or so, on the other hand. Mer's smart, but not uber smart (or have an eidetic memory) like those two. Maybe Molly's daughter is a doctor - or will be an intern as well. 

• Love 4
On 12/16/2021 at 11:06 PM, DEL901 said:

So, anyone else wondering if Bailey gave a child up for adoption a few decades ago?

Quoting myself to add to my theory… that story line that came out of the blue..raise my kid if something happens to me…and Miranda doesn’t want to love  the child only to have her taken away…she had an extremely strong reaction... Maybe that happened to her before, with her first child….?   Too far out there?

Edited by DEL901

I’m really hoping Jo’s  crush on Linc is over as fast as it came on, I can understand it a bit, she is lonely-you know Linc is a good guy etc but I really liked their friendship and I also hope Amelia and Linc end up together in the end .. can we get one happy couple —i know I know, r that  is asking a lot!

Bailey needs to get back to scary Bailey for the interns….. the new guy got creepy real quick…. And the worst will be glasses…. This season finally a tad tolerable (just  barely) and now will be so whiny/insufferable I’m sure… 

• Love 4
On 12/20/2021 at 1:42 PM, izabella said:

They could bring back Addison, too.  It was great seeing her and her energy, though too brief.  Meredith is bringing this show down.  She is sleepwalking through every scene.

Yes, PLEASE bring back Addison! She was the only reason Private Practice was ever worth watching.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

Yes, PLEASE bring back Addison! She was the only reason Private Practice was ever worth watching.

#Truth  It was so unwatchable but I kept watching for some reason (Addison). The Amelia storyline was OK, as well, but not enough to sustain the whole show.

On 12/18/2021 at 3:58 PM, madmax said:

She could be as young as 44, so still within childbearing years.  However, with a "hostile uterus" that has already given her a two miracle babies, I doubt they would make her pregnant.

Correct. Maggie was born in 83, and Meredith was 5. So although Ellen Pompeo is 52, Meredith is only 44. Born in 1978

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 12/24/2021 at 7:51 PM, tvfanatic13 said:

I’m thinking that new intern will turn full fledged stalker. 

As someone speculated .... somewhere ...^^^ up there ---- he'll turn out to be Bailey's long lost son she gave up for adoption when she was a teenager.

I didn't get a weird vibe from him --- more like just VERY interested in Miranda Bailey. <<< because she's his bio mom! Haha! 

** Disclaimer ---Dude actually barely registered to me. I have no clue who or what he will turn out to be????

• Love 1
On 12/19/2021 at 4:54 PM, LisaM said:

At the risk of being too shallow, Jo's hair issues all season have distracted me from her competency as a doctor. Even when helping to save the actor in the playground, all I could see was the hair. 

^^^ Thank you. Completely distracting. 

• Love 3
On 12/24/2021 at 8:51 PM, tvfanatic13 said:

3 hours ago, taanja said:

As someone speculated .... somewhere ...^^^ up there ---- he'll turn out to be Bailey's long lost son she gave up for adoption when she was a teenager.

I didn't get a weird vibe from him --- more like just VERY interested in Miranda Bailey. <<< because she's his bio mom! Haha! 

** Disclaimer ---Dude actually barely registered to me. I have no clue who or what he will turn out to be????

That was me…and no reason he can’t turn out to both……

• Love 1
On 12/17/2021 at 8:02 AM, ams1001 said:

He was a driver for the organ transportation service; all the more reason that having three department heads in the car was stupid; there are services that do that sort of thing, no high-level surgeon necessary. Teddy went because she wanted to "have eyes" on the heart (why? she would see it when it got to the hospital...); I don't know why Owen had to go, and McIrish wanted to go because he wanted to talk to them about Megan's depression after she basically said she'd take her own life if Farouk died (which, by the way, is really not a conversation they should be having with another person in the car).

It’s also not a conversation to be having with doctors who are about to perform surgery. They don’t need to be distracted by other problems. It’s a conversation that needed to happen, but not right then.

On 12/17/2021 at 2:41 PM, RoxiP said:

Dean (Station 19) had a distant relationship with his parents.  They were very money driven and pretentious and disapproved of him leaving a high paying financial career to become a firefighter.  He did not want his child raised in that environment which is why he made Ben and Amanda her guardians.

That clears up my confusion about why Ben and Bailey would be fighting the family. Confusion I should not have because YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TO WATCH A DIFFERENT SHOW TO UNDERSTAND THE SHOW YOU’RE ACTUALLY WATCHING. 

On 12/24/2021 at 7:51 PM, tvfanatic13 said:

Stalker or long lost son, they’ve already ruined the most promising character to appear in years. And why is Bailey letting him dictate the course of his residency? I would have regained so much respect for her if she’d just told him, “No, this is how it’s going to go. Listen to Dr. Webber.”

Good job making the most of your short time window, Teddy. Don’t walk to better cell service, and definitely don’t run. Just stand in the middle of the road and hope someone comes along soon. (WHY didn’t she tumble down the hill with the car? This show never fails to disappoint me.)

• Love 5

I never wanted George O'Malley hit by a bus.  I can't say the same about Schmidt.  He needs to get hit, then it needs to back up, and hit him again.  I am amazed they haven't had him throw Nico up against the wall in an on-call room in....what, 2 episodes?   Are the writers ok?  That seems to be their go-to move when they couldn't think of AN.ACTUAL.PLOT.POINT!

Bailey giving up a baby for adoption years ago, before marrying Tuck's dad? (Wasn't he a Tucker too?)  That would be a good swerve, I like it.  We haven't see something like that from her yet.    And as far as Meredith & menopause, my mom didn't go through it until she was 47 and she had 3 kids.  Ellen P. is 52 in RL, but I think she could pass for 45 with TV magic.  Have they ever said how old she is?  But BAD to give her another baby.  VERY BAD.  SO BAD.  

Amelia just exhausts me.  She is 150% FOMO with everything, so of course she's dabbling with Kai.  Next week Linc with probably be with Kai, just so he can jump on the FOMO bandwagon. 

• Love 5

I feel like they have been trying (unsuccessfully) for years to convince us that Meredith is much younger than she obviously is. She looks like she’s in her 50s. No way am I buying she’s in her early 40s. 
Kai has zero personality. I don’t get the attraction at all. They could be literally had any actor play that part it seems. There is just nothing special about that character. 
Jo needs to fix her fried hair. It looks sloppy.

What’s it going to take to finally get rid of Glasses already?

And finally, am i the only one who is just hate-watching at this point? Every character annoys me for one reason or another.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, OpalNightstream said:

And finally, am i the only one who is just hate-watching at this point?

Definitely not. 

I don’t know how old Meredith is supposed to be, but her eggs could definitely still be (barely) viable. Menopause strikes at very different ages, sometimes as late as late 50’s. That said, she does NOT need to create yet another child to ignore/ foist upon others.

As for Kai… I appreciate the idea of them. I am all for Amelia finding love in unexpected places. But if the show wants me to buy this romance, they need to start by creating two fully developed characters. Kai is not developed. Kai has no personality. Ergo, I am not invested. Try again, Show.

Edited by 30 Helens
  • Love 4

Meredith definitely could get pregnant  again in her forties (I only hit menopause at 55 when I was being treated for breast cancer) and many women do. But there would be no story point to it, she already had 3 young children that she rarely interacts with and it would tie her forever to a character who I had hopes for but is turning out to be rather a dud (unlike Bailey and Ellis who are Derek's children) It would be stupid as well as selfish not to be on birth control or better yet to have had her tubes tied so she doesn't have to worry any more.

• Love 3
On 12/31/2021 at 1:36 PM, chitowngirl said:

I see a scenario where, now that Linc saw Amelia and Kai kissing, turning to Jo. Kai will tell Amelia, thanks, but I’m just not that into you. Amy wil go back to Linc and see him with Jo. It’ll be like a Shakespeare play

Maybe Kai likes men.  I don't think they've ever said.

I think with Amelia and kai, it could well be stopped at just a kiss, both caught up in the emotion of the day etc.

Will i have to check Station 11 recaps now to see what happened to Owen? The pru story is annoying as done between the 2.

• Love 1
On 12/17/2021 at 10:54 AM, marceline said:

I cracked up when Meredith said that she can't lie to the FDA when we know that she has and shouldn't be allowed near any drug trial ever. It just amazes me how her screwing up Derek's trial has all been handwaved away.

The drug trial was when I officially and actively began disliking the Meredith character.  And let’s not forget Meredith’s insurance fraud… so the dislike has only increased.

Of course Owen will not die. He’s like a cockroach. One can still live in hope though.

It scares me that I’m beginning to like Maggie. Who would have guessed she’d become the mature voice of reason? I kind of like it.

• Love 1

Have to laugh at Linc running to Minnesota and then Seattle to work things out with Amelia who by all accounts hasn’t given him a second thought since Kai popped along. I know the writers will put them back together but really at this point Linc deserves better. Marriage is Amelia’s out but she’d have thought of something else if Linc hadn’t minded. The minute the drama stopped she was over the relationship.