Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E07: Ryan's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, CringeWatcher said:

Hold up. Did this dude actually just complain about the stress of working in a call center? They expected too much out of him? Try teaching virtually AND in person AT THE SAME TIME during a freaking pandemic you whiny twat! I want to smack him. 😤

end rant. 

Well, I worked in a call center for a cell phone company (now long defunct, VoiceStream Wireless if any of you had them in 2001).  Inbound calls for everything from sales to billing to minor tech support.  I can't tell you how much general assholery and abuse I got to hear.  When I switched to retail, for a good year and a half I thought everyone was awfully nice - and everyone who has ever worked retail knows that customers suck.  So a call center is no cakewalk.  Out of my training class of 20 people, only 2 stayed after 3 months (they gave everyone who lasted 3 months $450 bonus, so I quit after 3 months and 2 weeks, as soon as I got the bonus check).  And that's despite them offering full medical and dental benefits, uncommon for low-wage no educational requirements job (and they paid $3/hour more than my retail job!).  

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, hookedontv said:

I’m sorry, it won’t read your weight today. Or any other day! 
He needs to go to the highway weigh station…

Or to the recycling center, like that woman on the other fatty show. 

1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

about half of the people in Maine wear shorts and flip flops year round. It's a weird cold state thing.

I wear flip flops until there's snow on the ground. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Is that a first? He broke the scale?

No, several of them went to clinics that couldn't weigh them this season, and last season.   I'm not sure who, but at least a couple of them. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Splashes said:

We havent had someone bedbound on a long time.

We also havent had one thst Dr Now has time admit and place on A controlled diet. And they still gain weight because family sneaks it in. Guessing their hospital access is limited cuz of covid. Good times. Plus firefighters are fun

• Love 4

There's nothing I can eat, anymore!!!

(Pretty sure rabbits don't eat chicken...)

24 minutes ago, String Theory said:

5'11 & 3/4" officially......that 3/4" makes a big difference!

I'm 5'4"...and a quarter! That quarter is important.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, LEILANI2 said:

He literally used two chairs, I don't think I've seen that before.

Dr. Now has one of those chairs in the exam room where he sees patients.  I'm not feeling good about this guy getting anywhere on this diet.

He's not following the diet perfectly...yep son, that's commitment....

• Love 9

Come one, there are lots of things that you can ad to food to give them flavor. They're called seasonings. Paprika, chili powder, cumin, oregano, red pepper flakes, dry mustard ...

So the weather is keeping him from making progress.

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, umgoblue said:

I rushed from a Zoom party for this sludge.

This is so boring, I am about to call @aliya to talk about what is happening on QVC!! 🤣

My computer was giving me problems and I had to reboot. I don't think I've missed anything. My sister has already called me about the weather, so I think she's good for tonight.

While I was doing that, the sister missionaries called to check in. I had to let it ring. It's hard to say, "I can't chat because my show is on." 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Well, I worked in a call center for a cell phone company (now long defunct, VoiceStream Wireless if any of you had them in 2001).  Inbound calls for everything from sales to billing to minor tech support.  I can't tell you how much general assholery and abuse I got to hear.  When I switched to retail, for a good year and a half I thought everyone was awfully nice - and everyone who has ever worked retail knows that customers suck.  So a call center is no cakewalk.  Out of my training class of 20 people, only 2 stayed after 3 months (they gave everyone who lasted 3 months $450 bonus, so I quit after 3 months and 2 weeks, as soon as I got the bonus check).  And that's despite them offering full medical and dental benefits, uncommon for low-wage no educational requirements job (and they paid 3/hour more than my retail job!).  

Ditto on call centers...they are awful. The customers are entitled asses, the metrics (length of calls, number of calls, number of refunds given, minutes spent in the bathroom) are a hopeless. losing battle.  I used to carry razor blades in my purse so that I always had the option of killing myself instead of clocking in.  Really. 

Just now, Auntie Anxiety said:

Poor Ryan. He doesn’t like Dr. Now’s rules. 

Yeah, cry me a river, Tubby. 

When you get used to eating lots of fresh vegetables and whatnot, you do miss them if you don't have them. I ate in restaurants for two days in a row this week and was positively fainting for some salad. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Well, I worked in a call center for a cell phone company (now long defunct, VoiceStream Wireless if any of you had them in 2001).  Inbound calls for everything from sales to billing to minor tech support.  I can't tell you how much general assholery and abuse I got to hear.  When I switched to retail, for a good year and a half I thought everyone was awfully nice - and everyone who has ever worked retail knows that customers suck.  So a call center is no cakewalk.  Out of my training class of 20 people, only 2 stayed after 3 months (they gave everyone who lasted 3 months $450 bonus, so I quit after 3 months and 2 weeks, as soon as I got the bonus check).  And that's despite them offering full medical and dental benefits, uncommon for low-wage no educational requirements job (and they paid $3/hour more than my retail job!).  

I worked for 6 weeks  for our campus IT call center when we went remote in March 2020. 6 weeks of hellscape. I was a fucking volunteer and I'm faculty and students would bitch at me thinking I was just a drone. I could never do it for realz

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, String Theory said:

No not really.....

Um, I wonder if he fell in the snow who would pick him up?

Now *that* would be great TV!

-slip whoops! thunk earthquake-

Damn, this show has made me so mean.

Edited by OoogleEyes
  • LOL 8

Ryan pulled something green out of the fridge.  Thought about it, put it back, tooksomething that is probably processed to death and high calorie.  NO wonder he is 'not perfect' about sticking to the diet. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4