Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E07: Ryan's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

My only choice was to turn to food....

How about turning to studying? Turning to sports? Turning to scouting? Turning to dog training? Turning to boat building? Why was your only choice FOOD?

Just like when the poundticipant moos "eating is the only thing we can do together". Because you know, board games, cards, reading,  watching movies, going square dancing, doing volunteer work, doing crafts, building things, doing home improvement projects, gardening.....these things do not exist. 

Just now, Suzywriter said:

That recipe sounds glorious, @Pepper Mostly.

Its from Budget Bytes! I have found so many great recipes there!

• Love 7

Behind again. Have to pause the show to read the chat 😂 

Ryan: “I hate the whole process of cleaning myself.”

Me: “I hate the process of cleaning yourself, too, Ryan.”

oh, and I’m pretty sure “I have to pee real fast because I can’t stand too long” is a new one. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, MsVixen said:

See, when he said it started becoming hard to get around, why didn't he do something about his weight then?

"I got too fat to work, so I quit". You know, most people would take that as a cue to lose a few pounds. Sigh.

• Love 8

Well this is what happens when you are 15minutes late...

Eating habit: Popeye's chicken sandwich (and I don't even like chicken sandwiches!)

I hear a monotonous voice, droning on and on...check!

Now it's time to catch up....

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Wow…drugs and food. Addictive personality 

Like father, like son.  Unfortunately, predisposition to developing addictions IS genetic.  That's how a brain is wired.  So people who know addictions run in their family should be extra vigilant about avoiding developing the behaviors that will drive them down that path... unfortunately, addictions often start in childhood and unless one of the parents is an educated non-addict, who is going to educate the child?  Kind of sad that the odds were stacked against him from the start, but everything that happened to him after Job Corps, when he did get a chance at a clean and productive life, is entirely his own choices. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Why are they all eating family sized containers of food? 

I think those are take out trays--like, the # chinese restaurant special:  any entree, pork fried rice, egg roll, 3 chicken wings.

• Love 2