Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E07: Ryan's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, aliya said:

50 MPH winds where I am now, but they reported 80 in Ottumwa. Unbelievable - and the storm hasn't gone thru my area completely yet. I hope we don't get 80 MPH!  We had a lot of damage after the derecho; this may be similar.

That should hit us around midnight.  I have my weather radio all charged up.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Mom may have Tardive Dyskinesia. 

Looks more like a stroke or Bell's Palsy.  At least she's trying to help.  Think they need to get in their car (he won't fit in it!) and go back to Oregon or wherever they came from.

Doesn't help w/mom throwing out all the food when there's Grub Hub/Uber Eats

• Love 5
Just now, LEILANI2 said:

It's gonna make it harder for him because he'll have to buy it all over again.

Why doesn't mom take her snacks upstairs? Not like Tubby can go up after them. 

"Mom caught me eating a cheat meal. It wasn't even a normal cheat day". Sweet Jesus. He's sneaking food like a 13 year old sneaking cigarettes.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Me too. Retirement life. I have a weighted blanket downstairs and if I lie down on the couch with it, forget it. What a great invention. I love napping. I love retirement. 

I'm retired, as is my sister. She naps a lot. I never nap - and I'm usually up until 2-3 a.m. and get up at 9-ish. There's so much to do during the day, even stuck in the house w/COVID restrictions, I can't imagine napping. Even on my lazy days, I like to be awake and lazy, fooling around on the internet, not asleep.

My son has always been able to nap - even at jobs.  I don't know how people do it. 

• Love 6

Ryan, you have STAIRCASE in your house.  If you went up and down these stairs 100 times every day, heck, even 10 times in the morning and 10 times in the evening, it would do a ton of good! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

That French bulldog reminds me of my good old dog. She would wake up from a deep sleep if there was any food to be begged for. She’d hear crinkling plastic from a mile away.

Those are purebreds. So they're not too bad off.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, DropTheSoap said:

Didn't Dr. Now already give him a list?

I bet he a) lost it, b) the dog ate it, or c) he didn't realize that the list was the FINAL list.

1 minute ago, aliya said:

I'm retired, as is my sister. She naps a lot. I never nap - and I'm usually up until 2-3 a.m. and get up at 9-ish. There's so much to do during the day, even stuck in the house w/COVID restrictions, I can't imagine napping. Even on my lazy days, I like to be awake and lazy, fooling around on the internet, not asleep.

My son has always been able to nap - even at jobs.  I don't know how people do it. 

I am bone lazy and now that I'm retired I laze the day away--reading, watching TV, hanging out with friends, including snarking on TV shows with people on the internet, and taking naps! 

My dad was one of those people who could lie down, nap for 20 minutes, and wake up alert and completely refreshed. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I am perpetually four pages behind. Every time I get to a new page, another one appears...

I have given up on trying to keep up.  I will re-read in a couple days... for now, it's just what I can see during the commercial breaks. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

Ryan, you have STAIRCASE in your house.  If you went up and down these stairs 100 times every day, heck, even 10 times in the morning and 10 times in the evening, it would do a ton of good! 

I use the six flights of stairs at my complex to exercise when I don't have time to get to the gym.  It really burns calories & Ryan  would burn a crapload even just with one flight.

• Love 2