Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E07: Ryan's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

We’re an hour and a half into this and NOTHING HAS HAPPENED.

We don’t even know what he really weighs, just what he THINKS he weighs. 

My husband just said Dr. Now should close Ryan’s file and send him a bill 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
41 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Ok, I'm embarrassed to post this, but that's a great idea!! Like, I am trying it right now. It feels revolutionary! I'm really, really, really not kidding. This is great!

I have an aerobics step in my living room, too.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, mk828 said:

Born and raised in Stamford! Grew up in the 06902 zip code! 

Hart School, moved away to Stratford, moved back, raised kids, worked at The Stamford Advocate (next door to Purdue Pharma)  for 20 years.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, aliya said:

I've been switching with weather info and must have missed some things - was his 'friend' in Oregon a catfish?  He did all that packing and didn't move to Houston?

His friend in Oregon is very ill, and this jerk says he's ignoring his friend because it would interfere with his diet journey. 

He's been packing for months.    You missed nothing, except more blaming a broken scale. 

(Yes, Too Large is on this week, and next week). 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I thought I wouldn't but somehow it worked. I had lunch with a friend yesterday and I was saying "I was thinking I might get a job at someplace like Whole Foods for a few shifts a week, just for pin money but then I thought......Nah!" and we laughed and laughed. My son thinks I should get a couple of shifts at one of the local saloons where I would make a ton of money because he and all his friends would go there. But seriously the thought of bartending again gives me the vapors. 

The thought of working again period gives me the vapors. 

• Love 12

My son thinks I should get a couple of shifts at one of the local saloons where I would make a ton of money because he and all his friends would go there. But seriously the thought of bartending again gives me the vapors. 

I love mixing drinks, but I'm very slow and I HATE people waving money in my face to get my attention.

• Love 3

Wow, that ad for 1000-lb sisters-  they don't look any smaller than they did in their first season.  I stopped watching after 4-5 episodes, and this ad just reminded me why I did, and why I don't regret it. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

Wait, did he say he's been ignoring a dying friend because he's on a diet??  And that's how "committed" he is?  WTF, that makes zero sense.  

Its all just an excuse. Its "there's a lot going on so I can't do the diet", a favorite in the Lame Excuses by Fatties file.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:
8 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

I thought I wouldn't but somehow it worked. I had lunch with a friend yesterday and I was saying "I was thinking I might get a job at someplace like Whole Foods for a few shifts a week, just for pin money but then I thought......Nah!"

This sounds just like me when I think about whether or not to get a dog. I miss being a dog owner, but the other hours of the day, I’m glad I don’t have to go out in horrible weather to walk one.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The supersized edition of this is Thursdays, the 23rd, 7 to 9 p.m. Central.  

I can only imagine the fascinating stuff they'll put in the bonus scenes, maybe his other food orders?  

What is the suoersized edition?

1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Its all just an excuse. Its "there's a lot going on so I can't do the diet", a favorite in the Lame Excuses by Fatties file.

We've seen how busy his life is. What with sitting. Eating. Sitting more. Eating more.

• Love 6
Just now, Suzywriter said:

He needs the food version of Suboxone.

It's called pre-packaged low-calorie meals.  Except people who get on Suboxone are actually trying to stop using, so they don't go running out to get Oxycontin, heroine, or whatever their previous drug of choice was.  This guy could easily have stuck to what's on a diet, but 'it's too drastic' so he just keeps eating whatever he wants. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, mmecorday said:

I love mixing drinks, but I'm very slow and I HATE people waving money in my face to get my attention.

I was a bartender for years, in the 70's and 80's. I'm fast, have a great personality and I'm cute as fuck. But I'm old now and the thought of being on my feet for hours is really alarming. 

At one place I worked there was a guy who would bang on the bar with a quarter to get my attention. I'm sure he eventually died of thirst. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Splashes said:

What is the suoersized edition?

THe episode with usually 1-2 bonus scenes added as well as a couple tidbits in blue boxes.  Usually pretty useless things like their favorite color or something.  Bonus scenes are rarely meaningful either. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Wow, that ad for 1000-lb sisters-  they don't look any smaller than they did in their first season.  I stopped watching after 4-5 episodes, and this ad just reminded me why I did, and why I don't regret it. 

I couldn’t make it through the first season. Did they actually get wls?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

I finally quit watching it too.  Two more disgusting /depressing women who don't want to change but love being on Sharp's payroll.  

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

The thought of working again period gives me the vapors. 

I hear you. I get my grand son every now and then and that's enough. My sister baby sits a grand baby every day. I'd go nuts. 

I keep my hand in by writing. I have a journal article coming out soon and have been asked to be a regular writer for a women's website for the Church, so that's enough. I usually have to put some research in, which I like doing (retired academic), but I don't want to have to go into work everyday, or even part-time.

• Love 4