Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Too Much Birthday

TexasGal
  • Start Topic

Happy to see superhot Alexander Skarsgard show up even if it is only for a few brief scenes.  Once again, I feel that the storyline has hardly progressed at all in the show.  Every week it's the same thing.  Who's in, who's out.  Which sibling is up and which one is down in Daddy's affection.  Is the compnay going to be sold, or not.  Who cares??  I still fail to understand the purpose of some of the peripheral characters, like the tall young cousin or whoever he is.  

Overall it's disappointing but I find the show very boring.

It was kind of entertaining though to see Kendall's trainwreck of a birthday party in The Vessel in NYC.

• Love 11

Well, that was the most Kendall birthday party ever. Like if Kendall *was* a birthday party he would be that. Imagine realizing that your party looks like an asshole's birthday party mid-way through, because it actually is an asshole's party.

Roman is dreadful when he's winning. No surprise he wanted Kendall to hit him. He's headed for a fall.

Poor Tom. I still love Cousin Greg's still being a real person, happy about getting a date with a girl he likes and able to see Kendall's an asshole and he doesn't deserve to be kicked around that way. I don't know if his dislike of Kendall will lead to anything specific, but it seems like it should.

One of the best opening's ever with Kendall doing that song. 

I didn't know the title of the ep until now and it really nails it.

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Applause 1
  • Love 23
6 minutes ago, susannot said:

Happy to see superhot Alexander Skarsgard show up even if it is only for a few brief scenes.  Once again, I feel that the storyline has hardly progressed at all in the show.  Every week it's the same thing.  Who's in, who's out.  Which sibling is up and which one is down in Daddy's affection.  Is the compnay going to be sold, or not.  Who cares??  I still fail to understand the purpose of some of the peripheral characters, like the tall young cousin or whoever he is.  

I also love me some Skarsgard.

Cousin Greg??  He’s my favorite reason for watching!!

• Love 24
6 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

Roman is dreadful when he's winning. No surprise he wanted Kendall to hit him. He's headed for a fall.

Poor Tom. I still love Cousin Greg's still being a real person, happy about getting a date with a girl he likes and able to see Kendall's an asshole and he doesn't deserve to be kicked around that way. I don't know if his dislike of Kendall will lead to anything specific, but it seems like it should.

That wasn’t what I expected from this episode but I loved it. I knew that the party would not provide Kendall with any satisfaction but he seemed so broken at the end. Glad that Naomi was there for him. 

Yes, Roman IS dreadful when he believes that he has a perceived advantage over his siblings. And I agree, he is headed for a fall…a big one. After tonight, I may cheer if/when that happens.

Tom is, of course, relieved about not going to prison but realizes that everything else in his life is lacking. He knows that no one cares about him. I hope that he still surprises us.

Happy to see Greg happy.

• Love 16
24 minutes ago, Ellaria Sand said:

I knew that the party would not provide Kendall with any satisfaction but he seemed so broken at the end.

Kendall has been manic throughout the season.  I feel badly for him in that he clearly needs some serious help, but at this point, I doubt he would ever seek it out.   

14 minutes ago, Diapason Untuned said:

Speaking of Roman, he was super trash today. The Logan in him was really showing.

It's funny.  I think Logan can be very sleazy, but I don't think he'd ever act like Roman does in public.  Even when he was Roman's age, I don't see him acting that way.  Roman way overcompensates.  He sets himself up for failure by putting so much effort into punching down when he is up. 

14 minutes ago, Diapason Untuned said:

The show needs to put up with this pairing for real.

I fully could see Tom being into it, but I don't think Greg would be. 

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Cousin Greg??  He’s my favorite reason for watching!!

17 minutes ago, Ellaria Sand said:

Happy to see Greg happy.

I felt like the Greg story, such as it was, was really important for the ep. Just because he was an independent, human person who could experience life for himself and not lurch between empty happiness and empty despair. Like even when he was happy about getting the date he didn't think it meant anything more than it did--it was one date, and maybe she agreed to it out of spite or rancor. But hey, it was a plus! And when he was upset it was for just as good a reason--his cousin was a dick to him. (Seems fitting that Kendall got a free watch that offended him because he already had one after The Watch Incident with Greg.) And I liked him sticking up for the poor guy being paid to compliment people who can't take a compliment.

It's funny.  I think Logan can be very sleazy, but I don't think he'd ever act like Roman does in public.  Even when he was Roman's age, I don't see him acting that way.  Roman was overcompensates.  He sets himself up for failure by putting so much effort into punching down when he is up. 

Nope--you can see in eps like this why even though Logan is terrible, he's in some ways safer than his kids because he's not as weak. 

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Like 2
  • Love 16
33 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I totally thought Kendall was going to do something drastic at the end of the night 😳

At the beginning, there were so many things to mock about the over the top party preparations.  But by the end, with him looking out over the railing from his terrace on top of a skyscraper, it was a callback to season 2, when he made a habit of going up to the top of the Waystar building and someone noticed and put up tall barriers so he couldn't climb over.

Not to make a diagnosis but manic-depressive, overcompensation?  Overwhelming need to be loved and get affirmation, which is why he was desperately looking for the gift from his children.

Not sure why A-list celebrities, athletes and tech giant CEOs would go to his party.  He's just son of a rich mogul, tried to be CEO on his own but never made it.

Tom as soon as he found out he probably wasn't going to prison went to cuddle with the person with whom he feels the closest.  Shiv was enjoying her champagne (thought I didn't quite get Roman's crack about her with the champagne and her saying she doesn't like to drink at the office).

Kendall sees that Shiv and Roman only came to see Lukas, who only came for pasta, pussy and privacy -- party favors of the rich and famous!

Even though he's in competition with his very flawed siblings -- Connor hurts himself celebrating almost getting 1% polling -- he very much wants their affection too.

That hideous scene at the end -- Roman taunting Shiv, trying to provoke Kendall and Kendall lashing out at Connor for not giving up his coat -- was a new low for the siblings.  

Only good thing Kendall did for family in this episode was to forbid Greg from dating Comfry, which made her say yes to going out with Greg -- well that and the dumb party favors he saddled her with.

• Love 8

I'm happy Greg got a date even if she only said yes because she was pissed at Kendall.

Shiv and Tom need to put their marriage out of its misery.

Roman hit a new low. I guess his siblings know all about his sexual issues, as Shiv was really needling him. 

Connor is a joke, but he took Roman fishing as a kid and apparently Kendall and Roman camping. That's more than Logan ever did.

• Love 12

I wonder if there was ever an intention to see whatever performance Kendall was initially cooking up or if the show knew that it would probably be hard to ever top "L to the OG" from last season (with Kendall's main boy, Squiggle!)

Honestly not as cringe-inducing as I thought it would be, but the party was actually kind of just sad instead for almost everyone involved.  Despite the money, supposed fame, the celebrity guests, alcohol and drugs, and outlandish set-up and decor, Kendall just looked so pitiful throughout it all.  He really feels like a husk of a man now.  And while a lot (if not all) of it is on him and his decisions; plus him just generally being an odious individual; I couldn't help but to kind of... feel bad for him?  I guess most of it is due to Jeremy Strong's always excellent performance, but also because; while not an excuse; he was probably always going to turn out this way due to how he was brought up and how he lived his life.  I really do not see how this will end well for him and, if anything, I wonder if he's destined to have the most tragic end here.

Surprise, surprise: Roman becomes even more insufferable when he's the one sitting on top of the Roy sibling heap (a.k.a. "Daddy's favorite.")  Enjoy it while you can, buddy.  Because if there is one thing this show has taught us is that Logan can easily flip on a dime and suddenly his favorite child will be banished to the far corners of his ego.

Won't lie: kind of want to see more scenes/outtakes of just Shiv/Sarah Snook's crazy dancing.

Looks like Tom might not be going to prison after-all, but after celebrating by actually flipping Greg's desk, he really doesn't seem happy about it.  I wonder if he's just tired of being undermined and used as a pawn all of the time and secretly almost wanted to get away from it all.  Also, while Roman might be... Roman, I think he was onto something about Shiv kind of wanting Tom to go away as well.  This couple, man!

Aww, Greg got a date!  Sure, some of it might be due to her wanting to stick it to Kendall since he tried to prevent it from happening, but it still counts, right?!

So, Alexander Skarsgard now arrives as Lukas Matsson: a techbro douche that Roman (and Logan, of course) is trying to court to buy his company or something.  Didn't get a lot of him this round, but I'm sure he'll factor in more.  Honestly, I just want find a way to have him opposite of Greg, because I want to see whose the tallest between Skarsgard and Nicholas Braun.

Heh, Connor is up to 1% at the polls, which is worth breaking his arm celebrating for.  He can make a difference!  Although, the more we hear about their upbringing, the more it sounds like he was a better parental figure to the siblings compared to Logan.

Two episodes left and I have no idea how this is going to play out this season.

• Love 8

Weird party.

I'm glad Cousin Greg is finally getting some happiness.

This episode made me think back to season one, when Roman tore up a million dollar check in front of a young boy who played baseball with the family but couldn't get to home plate... and then Logan stopped to shake the young boy's hand and said, "good job." Logan had to make up for his son's sh*ttiness. Roman was over-the-top jerk then and here.

Good to see Shiv uncomfortable with Tom's possible freedom. Maybe this is the beginning of Tom's "freedom" in more than one way... like a possible break from Shiv???

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I know that Roman was an awful dick this episode and he's probably going to get so much flak but I have the biggest shit eating grin because I think Kieran deserves so many Emmys.  I hope Roman doesn't get hit by a car.  Were they ALL on drugs?

When Roman smirked to Shiv and said "Now go cut a rug" I saw Macaulay's face in there!

This show is trying to drive "Pride and Prejudice" fans insane by having Tom brag about his dick and his sexual prowess.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

While I love the characters (and characterizations) of this show, the narrative is really lacking....2 episodes left to this season and really, barely anything has happened to advance the story-line this season. 

Edited by HC87
  • Love 13

Roman was awful but I think he’s the only one who has talent and acumen, albeit in a very f*cked up head. I can’t stand the way Shiv always tries to steamroll his efforts in an attempt to put her fingerprints on the work. I want Roman to come out on top even though we know all of the Roy kids will fail spectacularly when their number is called. He didn’t say anything worse than what they say to him. And two on one isn’t exactly fair (not counting Con because he doesn’t seem to treat Roman as poorly).

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

This show is trying to drive "Pride and Prejudice" fans insane by having Tom brag about his dick and his sexual prowess.

My 86-year old dad and I watch this show together and I’m going la la la la la in my head 😆

We really love the big business aspects of it but the crazy parts are a little awkward sometimes.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, susannot said:

Once again, I feel that the storyline has hardly progressed at all in the show.  Every week it's the same thing.  Who's in, who's out.  Which sibling is up and which one is down in Daddy's affection.  Is the company going to be sold, or not.  Who cares??  I still fail to understand the purpose of some of the peripheral characters, like the tall young cousin or whoever he is.  

It was kind of entertaining though to see Kendall's trainwreck of a birthday party in The Vessel in NYC.

Kendall's birthday party was definitely a very expensive train wreck. I find that his character often gives me a terrible case of 2nd hand embarrassment - to the point where I have to press the pause button on a regular basis so I can take the time to fully cringe. Kendall has the respect of none of the people whose respect he craves, and he's nasty to anyone he thinks is beneath him. So kudos to Jeremy Strong's acting to make me actually feel sorry for Kendall at times. 

At this point I really don't care what happens to the company per se. I'm watching to see how the family dynamics play out. As for cousin Greg - I believe his role is to embody "the everyman" who, in this case, is completely out of his element.

I can see why this show wouldn't be for everyone but I find the banality of the power struggles to be fascinating.

And one sad clarification....There's a venue next to The Vessel called The Shed. I think that's where the party is supposed to take place. (It also happens that Warner Media Studios & Networks, which now owns HBO, has it's office in a building just a few steps away.) The Vessel was basically designed as an architectural sculpture - climbable by stairs. I say "was" because it's now closed and there are now plans to dismantle it. Sadly there were 4 separate suicides by jumping that occurred in it since its opening in 2019. So it's definitely not a party venue.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

I rewatched the show the past few weeks cause I forgot what was happening and while I still love the show basically nothing is happening this season. Kendall has seemed fucked up and manic since ep 1 of this season but nothing has progressed. His bday party gags be so much 2nd hand embarrassment.

Shiv dancing was pretty funny. I thought she was more tucked up then she seemed to be.

Roman was disgusting. He always has been but his character was fun to watch but he’s just gross in this episode. I hope he gets smacked in the face so he stops gloating. You aren’t that great at your job guy calm down.

Logan talking about Pierce again and buying it was ridiculous. It seems like he’s turning into a bigger joke as episodes go on. I just watched the whole Pierce failure and his obsession with Rhea. Now he’s all obsessed with Kerry and he’s letting her be too involved.

Sonething needs to actually happen next episode or I’m going to start getting bored of this show.

• Love 2

I was surprised how much I enjoyed this episode, because fictional accountings of fucked-up parties have never really appealed to me, from The Leopard onward.   But this was pretty captivating.

I get the complaints on the storyline, but the acting is so amazing I admit I'm really not caring.  

But, along the same lines, these guest star turns - now that we're on the third one - are pretty frustrating.  Compelling characters portrayed by excellent actors who show up for an eyeblink and then POOF.  And the least compelling character of the three is the only one who gets to come back?  Meh.

Jeremy Strong somehow managed to make me feel sorry for Kendall, which is worthy of a lot of awards.

• Love 15
7 hours ago, Diapason Untuned said:

Tom was really feeling his oats today when he he got the news of his freedom(?) It's so telling that he waited until he got to Greg's office to really let loose and celebrate. Then that forehead kiss! And Greg telling him to prove his boasts about his sexual prowess! The show needs to put up with this pairing for real.

OMG Greg and Tom in those scenes were hilarious. It was beyond the pale.

• Love 2

Tom should have married Greg.  They are the actual partners here.  Of course Tom shared the good news with him.  

Kendall’s party is a gluten free birthday cake full of sadness, despair, and abuse. 

Do we all hate Naomi or just me?

Also this is essentially the problem with whistleblowers….these companies have built in protections and the evidence rarely transcends their mountain of money and government connections. The government settles with the company and you are left unemployed with legal issues. All the politicians championing your cause move on to other issues.  And no company wants to hire somebody who went against their last company. 

Part of me feels bad for Kendall but the other part is how does someone with an Ivy League education not have any better planning skills.  

Also Greg Is adorable, he could have Jackie Onassis or okay, maybe her sister Lee.

Edited by dmc
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11

Two episodes left and I have no idea how this is going to play out this season.

I'm not far enough along in my thought processes to wonder how it is going to play out- I'm still wondering if it is going anywhere specific.  

The appeal of watching a gorgeous trainwreck full of nothing really happening is starting to fade.  Surely it's going somewhere, but like I said last week, other than the odd moment of "Ooh, that's a nice bit of acting" there hasn't been much about this season that thrills me. If this was my first season of Succession it could very possibly be my last.    

I did enjoy Tom's reaction to the threat of prison having been reduced. I enjoy Greg any time. Logan's hair looked weird like they were trying to work in a hairpiece the wrong color. Sad-Eyes Kendall is pitiful. Shiv in another stunning gown. Roman amuses himself with his own acerbic babble. All very pretty and all very static.

All those gifts being tossed around without any regard to their content felt pretty profound to me- a pile of very pretty boxes likely full of nothing interesting getting tossed around by a mad father trying to find the one piece in there that has any substance at all. Kind of like the Roy family.

Somebody needs to shake things up- if the FBI/DOJ is going to drop the ball then who will lead the charge?

• Like 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Pestilentia said:

I'm not far enough along in my thought processes to wonder how it is going to play out- I'm still wondering if it is going anywhere specific.  

The appeal of watching a gorgeous trainwreck full of nothing really happening is starting to fade.  Surely it's going somewhere, but like I said last week, other than the odd moment of "Ooh, that's a nice bit of acting" there hasn't been much about this season that thrills me. If this was my first season of Succession it could very possibly be my last.    

I did enjoy Tom's reaction to the threat of prison having been reduced. I enjoy Greg any time. Logan's hair looked weird like they were trying to work in a hairpiece the wrong color. Sad-Eyes Kendall is pitiful. Shiv in another stunning gown. Roman amuses himself with his own acerbic babble. All very pretty and all very static.

All those gifts being tossed around without any regard to their content felt pretty profound to me- a pile of very pretty boxes likely full of nothing interesting getting tossed around by a mad father trying to find the one piece in there that has any substance at all. Kind of like the Roy family.

Somebody needs to shake things up- if the FBI/DOJ is going to drop the ball then who will lead the charge?

I also cannot tell where this season is going either.   But I suspect Shiv will defect and head to team Kendall.  Kendall’s issue in my opinion was pulling this alone in the first place.  

Also loved your use of the word acerbic.  This word should be used more.  

Edited by dmc
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, dmc said:

Do we all hate Naomi or just me?

Naomi did a stunning job with Kendall this episode.  Why did you hate her here, legitimately curious?

15 minutes ago, dmc said:

But I suspect Shiv will defect and head to team Kendall.

Maybe, but not out of interest in or defense of Kendall, for sure; simply an active hatred for her father and Roman.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Lassus said:

Naomi did a stunning job with Kendall this episode.  Why did you hate her here, legitimately curious?

Maybe, but not out of interest in or defense of Kendall, for sure; simply an active hatred for her father and Roman.

Shiv is an opportunist and she’s been boxed out with her dad.  I suspect she will bail.  Not because she hates Roman or her dad, she’s not Kendall.  She will leave strictly out of self interest.  Her career has stalled there. Won’t be surprised if they use the 2 Billion payout to start a competing company. The only women who survive at her dad’s company are Gerris.  She’s not a Gerri type. 

I think Naomi is as big a mess as Kendall.  Rava is good with Kendall hence the fact that he still feels the acute loss of her.  Naomi is a yes man or woman.  She was fine this episode, I have a collective dislike for her from cumulative episodes.  

• Like 1
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, Mannahatta said:

I say "was" because it's now closed and there are now plans to dismantle it. Sadly there were 4 separate suicides by jumping that occurred in it since its opening in 2019. So it's definitely not a party venue.

Horrifying. Strange, too, because watching the episode really triggered my fear of heights - so many drugged, drunk, and/or depressed people standing at waist high railings leading to catastrophic drops. I kept expecting Kendall to start climbing over. 

I get this feeling about once per episode. Sometimes I can hardly watch because of my vertigo. Penthouse balconies are my worst nightmare. (Fortunately this is rarely an issue in my real life.😁

Edited by Melina22
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Mannahatta said:

Kendall's birthday party was definitely a very expensive train wreck. I find that his character often gives me a terrible case of 2nd hand embarrassment - to the point where I have to press the pause button on a regular basis so I can take the time to fully cringe.

Same here! I don't handle second-hand embarrassment well and Kendall makes me feel it so much. If he weren't so insecure and felt this need to seem cool and above-it-all I don't think he'd be half as cringe-y.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Schweedie said:

Same here! I don't handle second-hand embarrassment well and Kendall makes me feel it so much. If he weren't so insecure and felt this need to seem cool and above-it-all I don't think he'd be half as cringe-y.

There are definitely parts I had to stop because it was so embarrassing to watch.  Kendall has zero self-awareness.  When you’re 40 and your birthday party has VIP tree houses and birth canal entrances… I don’t even know if it’s fair to call it a midlife crisis since he’s always in crisis

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Honesty...is such a lonely word!

The song 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️🙄.  It’s a matter of time before he releases a record vanity project.

I am thinking a combination of rap, hip hop and some transcendental energy that hasn’t even been given a genre yet it’s so fresh.  

I am thinking the title will be

Me: uncensored 

everyone knows who me is so no need to specify 

Edited by dmc
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, Schweedie said:

2 minutes ago, dmc said:

There are definitely parts I had to stop because it was so embarrassing to watch.  Kendall has zero self-awareness.  When you’re 40 and your birthday party has VIP tree houses and birth canal entrances… I don’t even know if it’s fair to call it a midlife crisis since he’s always in crisis

I don't know if it was showing how out of touch Kendall is, or the extravagance of a billionaire's lifestyle. All I could think about was the expense he went to for a "baller" birthday, and it didn't give him any satisfaction. His ex-wife's idea of pasta and white wine and an early evening did sound lovely. He was trying too hard to seem happy about turning 40.

Kendall reminds me of someone who is trying to find a place to fit in and be accepted and given the family he was raised in, that's a difficult task for him. The drugs don't help. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, cardigirl said:

I don't know if it was showing how out of touch Kendall is, or the extravagance of a billionaire's lifestyle. All I could think about was the expense he went to for a "baller" birthday, and it didn't give him any satisfaction. His ex-wife's idea of pasta and white wine and an early evening did sound lovely. He was trying too hard to seem happy about turning 40.

Kendall reminds me of someone who is trying to find a place to fit in and be accepted and given the family he was raised in, that's a difficult task for him. The drugs don't help. 

He thought so too hence his sniping at Rava. And his comment to Naomi about going home. 

He’s so miserable. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Marley said:

Logan talking about Pierce again and buying it was ridiculous. It seems like he’s turning into a bigger joke as episodes go on. I just watched the whole Pierce failure and his obsession with Rhea. Now he’s all obsessed with Kerry and he’s letting her be too involved.

I do wonder if his affair with Kerry will come back to bite him majorly. His company is under the gun for how poorly it has treated women and now he's sleeping with an assistant? That's a sexual harassment suit waiting to happen. Not sure the writers will go that way, but she is getting very bold in her position and Logan does have a history of cutting people off brutally. If he does so with her? Just seems like extremely stupid behavior on Logan's part at this point in time.

It could be very interesting if Kerry were somehow able to throw a wrench in things. In the past Shiv and Roman were very wary of Rhea and how much influence she had on their dad. They saw her as a distinct threat to their own power. They are not seeing Kerry that way. She's just annoying to them. But she has the potential to be far more dangerous given her subordinate position to Logan.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, dmc said:

I think Naomi is as big a mess as Kendall.  Rava is good with Kendall hence the fact that he still feels the acute loss of her.  Naomi is a yes man or woman.  She was fine this episode, I have a collective dislike for her from cumulative episodes.  

Ugh, another Naomi hater here.  Rava's gift (from the kids) was something homemade and heartfelt.  Naomi bought Kendall a watch because she also has no idea to really connect with other human beings and take the time and effort to find or make a gift that is special in any way.  It cracked me up when Kendall was searching for an engraving because at least THAT would have required a personal touch.  AND she co-signed the singing performance.  

Rava is too good for him, but you still want Kendall to redeem himself to deserve her.  

• Like 1
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, larapu2000 said:

Ugh, another Naomi hater here.  Rava's gift (from the kids) was something homemade and heartfelt.  Naomi bought Kendall a watch because she also has no idea to really connect with other human beings and take the time and effort to find or make a gift that is special in any way.  It cracked me up when Kendall was searching for an engraving because at least THAT would have required a personal touch.  AND she co-signed the singing performance.  

Rava is too good for him, but you still want Kendall to redeem himself to deserve her.  

Agreed.  Naomi doesn’t know how to connect with Kendall and is an enabler.  Even Logan the Terrible was nah on Naomi like “she’s mixed up in all that drug nonsense.” 

Also everyone knows you get the watch engraved.

Oh and she drank Rava’s expensive wine without asking…who does this?

Edited by dmc
  • Like 1
  • Love 8

Rava looked lovely, classy and put together. Such a contrast to Naomi with her ick hair and button down skirt as a top.

I was surprised that Naomi's gift wasn't a cocaine spoon, or at least some cocaine. She is a horrible, horrible person.

Loved me some A-Skars. He looked so perfectly bored with it all...and was he playing Farmville or something? 

Was I the only one who noticed the creative blocking/camera angles that put short/tall on the same level? Nicholas Braun has what? 8 inches on Jeremy Strong? And they get on the escalator which puts them same height. Again, with Kieran Culkin and A-Skars, having him sit and then the framing of the toilet scene. That was some good staging and camera-work.

I absolutely thought we were going to see Roman get mugged/kidnapped/murdered/run over by a car at the end. Also, that Kendall was going to jump.

These people are so very, very broken. 

• Love 13
12 hours ago, Ellaria Sand said:

Yes, Roman IS dreadful when he believes that he has a perceived advantage over his siblings. And I agree, he is headed for a fall…a big one.

Previews for next week would seem to indicate that's exactly what happened.  

Well, so much for the Roman redemption arc.  What a thoroughly nasty piece of work.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
35 minutes ago, dmc said:

He’s so miserable. 

I thought it was so well done that as the night progressed he looked more and more ill until his face was almost grey. When he was being so horribly rude and nasty to Greg he looked like someone about to die of something. You could almost feel bad for him, except for the nonstop cruelty. 

Edited by Melina22
  • Like 1
  • Love 7