Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E19: Over-Poured and Over-Board

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

It's nice having Erika reveal herself to be faking it with Sutton and Sutton, proving her radar right again, saying that she doesn't buy it. 

This is interesting.  On camera clearly showing to be a duplicitous phony.  wonder if this footage will ever be used in court.  

her attorneys probably have permanent divots from slapping their palms on their foreheads.

Edited by JonnieUniteUs
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14

Is it my imagination, or is production reducing the vanity camera work? Everyone looks much older this season, and I'm seeing some bad skin. I used to produce video, so I notice this kind of thing. It's as if production stopped using certain filters during shooting and editing.

Erika's makeup was very Norma Desmond during the circle jerk, ah, tongue-bath, ah, group chat. Norma seguing into Baby Jane. As I watched I wondered if production is setting her up for a fall at the reunion. Cause that scene was heavily scripted.

Also, Erika's bizarre pivot from sweet to mumbled threats was pure Xanax. I'm positive she's medicated - was she also drinking alcohol?

Sutton is playing the housewives game very well. I love her dry sense of humor. Such a refreshing change from Rinna's manic "comedy" and buffoon cackling, which seemed to be played on a loop throughout this episode.

And agree that Rinna made a nasty stealth move commenting on the swimsuits. She may as well have pointed a giant red arrow at Crystal's thighs. Meanwhile Crystal can't enjoy the moment because she's too preoccupied with her weight and appearance.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 19

My favorite part of this episode was the reactions from Garcelle and Sutton when Erika yelled that she could hear them talking about her.  Hanging Rinna up quickly so she couldn't see their reactions was exactly what I would have done.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, JD5166 said:

I think Rinna is trying to channel the wildly popular Moira from Schitt’s Creek with the wigs and naming them. Not an original thought in her head, she’s no Moira’s and she sure as shit is no Catherine’s o’Hara! 

The woman that plays Moira's daughter on Schitt's Creek is the woman in the "Welcome To My Vagina" commercial.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Is it my imagination, or is production reducing the vanity camera work? Everyone looks much older this season, and I'm seeing some bad skin. I used to produce video, so I notice this kind of thing. It's as if production stopped using certain filters during shooting and editing.

I’ve noticed this at times and wondered if it had something to do with limitations because of the Rona.

ive hesitated to bring this up but it seems like Kyle may have had something done to her jawline when she had her nose done the last time.  Perhaps she got filler in there or maybe just gained a few Rona pounds but the jaw has changed her look a bit more than the change in her nose.  For the record, I think she still looks beautiful.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

On a superficial note, I am not liking Erika's OTT makeup this season. Without the heavy makeup, she reminds me of little of Kate Winslet. 

I thought at one point last night she looked liked a toddler did her makeup - not camera ready or like Divine from the John Waters movies.  I can't imagine what it looked like in person.  Without make up she is quite beautiful.

• Love 6

I used to think they all looked pretty good until the Reunion came around…..then we saw them squeezed to uncomfortable boob spilling outfits and at the mercy of colour crazed makeup people.  Plus the lighting at Reunions is often harsh and cruel and then there’s the unforgiving closeups.

But this covid season has been particularly unkind.  Maybe the masks and face shields are inhibiting glam squads applications because most of them look like clowns with bad skin …except Garcelle and maybe Crystal — if only she’d smile more.  

Dorito’s hair people are surely having a laugh behind her back. 🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Oh, look. They adjusted Erika’s medication.

This. I am convinced she was strongly under the influence of something and it wasn't alcohol.

13 hours ago, 65mickey said:

And Rinna came as Cleopatra.

Appropriate. Queen of the Vile.

Edited by chlban
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Or Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction?

Gorgeous and sexy.  I just wish she didn't kiss the Coven's asses!

Honestly, when I saw Crystal wishing everyone a happy Chinese new year I assumed that Rinna was wearing a wig for a yellowface "Chinese" costume.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

Honestly, when I saw Crystal wishing everyone a happy Chinese new year I assumed that Rinna was wearing a wig for a yellowface "Chinese" costume.

Erika's makeup also looks really suspect.  I'm kind of scared for next week.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Sutton is playing the housewives game very well. I love her dry sense of humor. Such a refreshing change from Rinna's manic "comedy" and buffoon cackling, which seemed to be played on a loop throughout this episode.

Yeah, I thought Sutton's, "I don't want to play Fancy Drew anymore" was the best line of the night."

4 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Also, Erika's bizarre pivot from sweet to mumbled threats was pure Xanax. I'm positive she's medicated - was she also drinking alcohol?

Could be Xanax.

Could also be borderline personality disorder.

3 hours ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

Perhaps she got filler in there or maybe just gained a few Rona pounds

Oh, Kyle has definitely gained weight.  It was really apparent in the last episode in some of her profile shots.

Increasingly, I am thinking that Kathy Hilton takes massive quantities of downers.

Edited by Maximona
  • Love 16
6 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Maybe that’s production’s subtle snark on how it really feels about these women. It’s really production’s show, after all. At the end of the day, there is nothing really glamorous, elegant, or beautiful about most of them, based on how they behave in real life and how they treat their “friends” both on screen and off.  I don’t envy them anything. (Note to Kyle: Air quotes ARE appropriate here.)

I noticed one week how horrible Rinna’s skin looked, so it’s not just you. Erika looks like shit, which is appropriate, given her attitude and personality.

EDIT: Changed “their” to “production’s” for clearer thought. I type faster than I think.

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Did anyone else have trouble understanding Crystal the few times she spoke?  I had to rewind and replay several times to understand her, and even then, I couldn't totally get her full sentence.  She seems to talk with marbles in her mouth, or mumbles a bit.  It happened during her pre-pool workout, talking with Rinna and another time prior to that - maybe at dinner the night before?  She doesn't project much with her voice.

And, totally agree with other posters - she is such a kiss-up!  I think Crystal is realizing that she hasn't really offered much this season and knows that right now, EJ is the "star" of the show, so she's kissing up to secure her spot for next season.  

She is a nonentity. I asked here earlier about her storylines — she really had none. She did have the bad timing of joining the cast in the Year of Erika, true, but they could have featured her solo in a few more scenes — if she brought anything of interest to the show. Other than confirming with her own sad truth Erika’s BS about dementia (which has to be enraging to anyone who is struggling IRL with this), we really know nothing about her. At least I don’t. Her poking at Sutton went nowhere, and all she is is a prop in the group scenes, agreeing with whoever is talking.

Maybe it’s Erika, maybe it’s production. Don’t know. I found her to be a little snobby and off-putting early on — like she was trying too hard — but given the way this year’s played out I’m willing to give her another season.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

I think Erika can and has looked very attractive at times but I don't think she is a natural beauty by any means.

I find her speech pattern bizarre. I finally realized last night when I was watching it that she reminds me (speech wise mostly but also other ways) of the 1940's or 30's movies with the wise cracking gangster girlfriend. (gun moll tough babe??) . Anyone else? The diction, the speed, everything.

And yes, Dorit's hair people and hooked on phonics people are having a great laugh

I always thought she talks through clenched teeth and jaws. Probably has TMJ due to all the stress of having to come up with stories to cover her ass, and then having to keep them all straight.

It’s also the phony “IDGAF” personality she cultivates — detached boredom. Such a disgusting, grifting poser.

• Love 23
38 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

Maybe the glam people are working for nothing? Maybe they are under the impression that the exposure will open doors? I dunno.

what doors? she doesn't say who they are they get no mention really when they are on camera how would this benefit them? Come on now

• Love 7

“Come on now” what? People do have social media and can promote themselves (as my own makeup artist friend does, whether or not the production names her [though she is obviously paid for her services]). I didn’t say it is what’s happening (in fact, I believe I used the word “maybe” and the term "under the impression"); I made a suggestion. Here’s another: maybe Bravo pays for it (and maybe even it’s some budget random team that Andy keeps on standby for financially irresponsible HWs!).

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

“Come on now” what? People do have social media and can promote themselves (as my own makeup artist friend does, whether or not the production names her). I didn’t say it is what’s happening (in fact, I believe I used the word “maybe” and the term "under the impression"); I made a suggestion. Here’s another: maybe Bravo pays for it (and maybe even it’s some budget random team that Andy keeps on standby for financially irresponsible HWs!).

its like Kyle and Dorit and Rinna are on this board and I wanna shake them and be like why don't you see she's a lying liar that lies? like what are we all seeing that they arnt? making excuses for her lies lies just baffles me 

• Love 9

Yes.. you have and that’s perfectly your right but you seem to like Rinna and Kyle twisting things to make her saying things that arnt true true.  She contradicts herself repeatedly… 

No I haven't and no I don't. I haven't made a comment here about Rinna or Kyle (in fact, I can't stand Rinna in any episode). The first post I made in here after this episode was about makeup people and only makeup people -- not about Kyle, not about Rinna, not about "Rinna and Kyle twisting things to make her saying things that arnt true true," and not even directly about Erika. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 10
32 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

maybe Bravo pays for it (and maybe even it’s some budget random team that Andy keeps on standby for financially irresponsible HWs!)

According to Brian Moylan's Housewives book, Bravo pays for stylists for talking heads and reunions but not for routine shoots.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

I made a suggestion. Here’s another: maybe Bravo pays for it (and maybe even it’s some budget random team that Andy keeps on standby for financially irresponsible HWs!).

I cannot imagine Bravo paying for hair and/or makeup for ONE housewife and not the others.  Kathy and Kyle clearly didn't use a glam team.  Not sure about Dorit.  I'd bet that the other's didn't either.  Erika is the only one we've seen with a glam person on this trip. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I mean, neither can I, really -- again, just an offhand suggestion...or musing, if that works better (complete with question marks and "maybe"s). And I still have no idea how or even if she's paying them...or whether they made some kind of other deal...or whether thought they'd be paid and since haven't been...

(DISCLAIMER to avoid random inaccurate presumptions: the above comment is not some kind of defense of Erika, or fondness or otherwise for Kyle & Rinna's actions.)

Also and unrelated, the title of this episode keeps making me think of lyrics from Smells Like Teen Spirit.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Sutton was the one poking at her.

I like both Crystal and Sutton, and hope they both come back next year.

I was referring to earlier in the season where I got the impression Crystal was always trying to get a reaction out of Sutton, who was going through a stressful move and wasn’t in the best place. Crystal struck me as a mean girl early on. YMMV.

1 hour ago, sistermagpie said:

He stole a seat in a lifeboat from some immigrant children.

Then the lifeboat sank, he climbed on a door, found a whistle, and was saved. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 12

I was referring to earlier in the season where I got the impression Crystal was always trying to get a reaction out of Sutton, who was going through a stressful move and wasn’t in the best place. Crystal struck me as a mean girl early on. YMMV.

I was referring to the same. Sutton was being a borderline racist and a nutjob who kept going after Crystal for...anything, it seemed.

I'm glad she recovered as the season went on, but it was a rough first third of the season for her.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Maybe the glam people are working for nothing? Maybe they are under the impression that the exposure will open doors? I dunno.

Whether Erika is paying them or not, it is a terrible tone deaf thing to do. None of the other women need a makeup artist as they are shown doing their own hair and makeup.

Don't plead poverty and how terrible your existence is and what a fate has befallen you while sitting in a chair being tended to by your personal assistant and stylist and discussing what plastic surgery you might get next. 

Erika, Sutton, Kyle and Crystal who actually have money and aren't complaining about their victimhood didn't bring anyone to make them up.

Also, if that stylist is doing it for exposure, I am not sure how it helps since the professional makeup job on Erika looked ghastly - the non-professional hair and makeup was 1000% better.

And iterating what other posters have said, BRAVO does not pay for hair or makeup except for the reunion and talking heads. 

• Love 19
17 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I haven’t read this entire thread yet.

OMG. What would happen if Dorit had to wear an outfit that had not a single designer logo?

Ugh. She should just walk around wearing a sandwich board, for all the advertising she does. My personal fave is the CHA NEL.

It’s to laugh…just because you’re rich doesn’t mean you’re not tacky.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

- What's the chance that there's hours upon hours of edited footage of Erika feeling saddened and worried about the victims of her husband's alleged theft? She kept talking about walking away with nothing. Never once did she mention the clients whose settlements were stolen.

- Sutton's need to be liked will be her downfall on this show. I truly wish she had been able to remain strong and not give a damn about Erika's feelings or friendship. She cares way too much, and will always wind up in tears dealing with these barracudas because of it.

- I giggled at Crystal's annoyance with Rinna during water yoga. She actually believed Lisa's lying ass about the swimsuits and was surprised to learn she'd been duped. Oh, well, Crystal. Since I've determined that you're an even colder, faker bitch than Erika, all I can say is:

sorry-not-sorry-bitch.gif.9a9f45afc0bc53e471c6291371d70f4c.gif

Edited by eXiled
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

All of the housewives are finally responding appropriately to Erika. They’re laughing at her.

Despite my general loathing of this season, I’m really looking forward to the reunion. When even Crystal begins doubting Erika’s story, that says something.

I realize, though, that Andy will probably be treating her with kid gloves, which means Sutton may be in trouble. 

• Love 10