Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E34: Eviction #13

• Start Topic

BOOM!  I guess X finally convinced Derf he had a better chance against Azah in F3 HoH.

Would love to see her pull out a miraculous win and take out X.

Then Ky gets all pissy in the house.  Going after X's nephew was really low. Then he gets all sanctimonious with Julie.  Adios.

The jury segment was great.  They don't seem bitter at all.

So who's the initial favorite for Favorite Player?

• Love 20

Wow, that was SO AWKWARD! Ky must be the first person to ever try to talk his way out of eviction AFTER the eviction. And he did it by insulting X and calling him a terrible role model for his nephew! Things were so tense I was genuinely scared where they were going. Clearly Julie was too, judging by the panicked tone in her voice, especially when Ky went back to grab his water. Yikes. 

I was really surprised Deref went through with voting out Ky, although at the very end I noticed he wasn't looking at him in the eye. 

In other news, I thought Julie looked fantastic in her red dress. 

Just now, PaperTree said:

The jury segment was great.  They don't seem bitter at all.

I'm incredibly impressed with the jury, every single one of them. 

• Love 23

I didn't think Ky could look any more idiotic after his sniffing montage.  I was wrong.  I really thought it was going to get physical there for a moment.  Julie let it go on way too long.  What a sanctimonious prick !

Oh...and right now I am voting for Tiffany for AFP

Edited by Maggie Mae
  • Love 13

I got misty when Claire said her girl was ICONIC. Because yes, sacrificing your game even when you know these trash ass (non intersectional) men you carried are going to bro down on you: that's honor Ky. 

Him going full Karen exit interview on those who evicted him was amazing and all that hoped for, him doing so by trying to get X to smack the taste out of his mouth? Amazing. 

I know the jury is down on Azah, but I wish they got that X didn't do much more than her to get the CO to the six and yes X can win comps but like Claire I am unimpressed this ain't Survivor it's supposed to be about strategy/game theory and the sooner they dispense with comps that favor physical strength/fitness the better. Again I will argue all crap shoots all the time. I want dearly for Azah to win this just like Hannah, and extra like her to win against X but I know they will never screw him out spite like I hope and wish so, pick that Big D suitcase up Azah and win that money.

Also also SB I don't think the one who had her whole HoH run by Kyland should be criticizing Azah for whiffing hers, what she did wasn't actively bad for her game, what she did kept her in the house, the next week you can't say the same sweets.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

After the 4th HG is evicted, filming of The Jury Round table begins.  There likely will be more fireworks from Ky.  X said the negative of evicting Ky was that he knew too much and would unleash the secrets behind the CO.

This eviction did make for good BB TV.

Edited by tealeaves
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

Derek finally grew a pair and voted out Kyland! Hurrah!  Ha ha ha ha! When Derek said he had to think of his own game I knew Kyland was going. I could see Kyland talking to Xavier afterwards but in my possible Covid fog I couldn't understand what he said. I'm just glad he will not win. Azah looked great in her elimination outfit.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Jess14 said:

I’m not sure if Kyland was trying to get X to hit him, or if he is delusional enough to really believe that bs about X’s nephew needing someone to look to. 

Definitely delusional.  Ky can't accept that not everyone follows the narrative he's got going on in his own head.  He could have easily swayed DerF's vote and saved himself if he had approached him like a fellow competitor and asset instead of waffling on whether or not he would take him to the final two.  He claims it was because of honor but I think he truly believes that DerF views himself like a goat.  DerF sees himself as a GOAT.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Ugh...at this point I am X ..ALL THE WAY...

neither Derek or Azah have done anything...which I guess riding coattails...DEREK...and being delusional..DEREK...can work. Truthfully either X or Azah I'm cool with. I just think X played better..JMHO

• Love 4

Wow, way to keep it klassy Kyland. I was waiting for security guards to come in and separate him and X. I couldn't stand to watch Kyland talk in circles any more so I skipped his interview. And I totally agree Melina22; Never have we seen anyone make an argument for them staying after they should have left.

You have ONE MINUTE Ky!! Get to steppin'!! I can't believe he took such a cheap shot at the end with X. Uncalled for.

Hey Ky, I'm surprised that you didn't sniff out that you were going home!

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • LOL 18
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

I admire Kyland's spirit to go from trying to get punched in the face to pitching himself to return for a second season.

I'm just thankful to not have to sit through another Ky-style filibuster where he starts 14 different sentences and finishes absolutely none of them and you're willing to admit to crimes you never committed if it'll get you away.

Just a thought: If Kyland would have got X to the point where he'd actually hit Kyland--- would that have disqualified X from the game? (I should know this stuff.)  Was Kyland just being a bad sport or was it his last hail Mary game play? 

• Useful 3
3 minutes ago, stcroix said:

Just a thought: If Kyland would have got X to the point where he'd actually hit Kyland--- would that have disqualified X from the game? (I should know this stuff.)  Was Kyland just being a bad sport or was it his last hail Mary game play? 

My money is on 'This is just how Ky acts...' but it could also have been a hail mary as I do believe they'd have booted X had he hit him.

• Love 5

I was shouting at the TV for Azah, Big D and Julie to STAY OUT OF IT. We've waited an entire season for something interesting and exciting to happen and I was ready for the first ever BB fist fight!  That was the most real moment  besides the Claire/Tiffany scene when Claire knew she was doomed.

I always thought a lot of the relationships in the Cookout were a lot more shallow than we were lead to believe and its showing now.

Ha! Sarah Beth will not forgive KY noble quest and all.

X loses a ton of cred by not doing the smart thing and taking Azah off the block. That was poor game play trusting the wishy/washy Derek F.

Two floaters arguing who has a better resume. Priceless!

Oh, I so want to see a jury doing  verbal gymnastics next week if they have to decide who to vote for to win between Derek and Azah! That...would...be...epic. Please reality gods make it happen.

Derek X for America's Favorite either that or have America prank BB and award it to the first guy out from Hawii whose name I can't remember!

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
50 minutes ago, stcroix said:

If Kyland would have got X to the point where he'd actually hit Kyland--- would that have disqualified X from the game?

Probably. Definitely. Physical confrontations have led to expulsion before and a punch is pretty hard violation of the rule to work around. And they've definitely worked around it before. Evel Dick never got kicked for his... everything and there was that time in BB19 that Mark almost committed justifiable homicide with a frying pan against Josh but no actual contact was made in that case, just a threatening lift and wiggle between two tutu'd men. And of course, pour one out for James Rhine and his Janelle caused harm.
2TX4.gif

(ETA: changed Probably to Definitely.)

50 minutes ago, stcroix said:

Was Kyland just being a bad sport or was it his last hail Mary game play? 

None of the above. This is the full Kyland experience.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 10

2 thoughts...

KY totes ruined all the work of the CO.

And...

Could that bitxhe be any more delusional? (KY being the B)

Oh, and I hope it's Azah and Deref for F2. Best evah. Lol

Edited by Lamima
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Wow Kyland, that was horrible way to exit. Bringing up X's nephew who lost his father has no role model. They better not bring him back into the house.

I don't think they would, because while he does deliver the occasional "WTF???"  moment, he mostly just avoids confrontations by talking in circles. So just a combination of smug and boring. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Ky must have caught the alternate ending of Batman vs Superman, the one where Superman accuses Batman of being a bad role model for Dick Grayson then pretends he doesn't know which drink is his before the credits roll. 

Looking more like Homelander than Superman, Ky...  you clowned yourself, Chompers. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Lamima said:

Sure. Somehow he wanted to win against the "best" but was okay with Azah and Derek F being representative of 3rd-4th best. Maybe X and Ky ruined it by deciding that Azah and Derek F were final 3-4 worthy. Or, quite frankly final 5-6 worthy.

ETA: That said, I'm rooting for an Azah and Derek F final two with Azah winning. 

Edited by Rae Spellman
  • Love 10

Omg, Kyland already angling for an invitation back after THE WAY HE SPOKE TO X AND INVOKED HIS NEPHEW!!!!!!!!!!!  

I'm so glad Kyland didn't win after that display.  I know people have issues with Derek F. and Azah made me scream into a pillow but at least I cannot for even 1 minute picture them reacting like THAT to being evicted. That was sooooooooo low.

Julie:  Uhhhhhhhh.  Time for commercial

Can somebody in the U.S. please please please please cast an AFP vote for Derek X. for me?  I would love to but I'm in Canada :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( Why can't it be like Love Island that recognizes my country as real too.........

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, North of Eden said:

Oh, I so want to see a jury doing verbal gymnastics next week if they have to decide who to vote for to win between Derek and Azah! That...would...be...epic. Please reality gods make it happen.

Co-sign, reality gods.

Can we get Live Chat for the final set of episodes?  I was EXPLODING during the show tonight and had nowhere to purge.

Did anyone else see Azah proclaim that she'd been "trying to get Ky out since Week 6"??   Shall I count the hours that have passed since she explained she couldn't put Ky on the block because she pro-o-omised she wouldn't.  Does Azah think no one is watching?

DerekF describing how he single-handedly dragged Azah across the finish line was HI-larious.

And of course, Ky.  I'm so accustomed to the complete lack of surprises from this season, the fact that those three men aren't going to bro it out makes me giddy.

But now we're back to "Expect the Expected" and it looks like X is going to take it in a walk.  If only Azah and DerekF could be the final two, I would laugh and laugh.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, candall said:

Co-sign, reality gods.

But now we're back to "Expect the Expected" and it looks like X is going to take it in a walk.  If only Azah and DerekF could be the final two, I would laugh and laugh.

DerekF and Azah would make for comedy gold as final two!  Can't you just see the blank, open mouthed expressions on their faces when trying to answer the questions of 'what did you do to further your game?' and 'what did you do that makes you think you deserve my vote?'  I mean, they haven't even really thought it out good.  What was their real strategy, how many comps did they win, etc. It's either going to be funny or humilating for them.  And I actually like this group of houseguests and dont want them put in such a vulerable situation.  So I guess it would be better if X won, which he rightly should up against these two.  But still I'd love to see their fish out of water faces for a minute!😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, stcroix said:

X would have definitely been disqualified. It would have been considered assault no matter how much Kyland provoked him.

2 hours ago, North of Eden said:

I was shouting at the TV for Azah, Big D and Julie to STAY OUT OF IT. We've waited an entire season for something interesting and exciting to happen and I was ready for the first ever BB fist fight! .

So much for "the evicted houseguest has a few moments to say his goodbyes and exit the house."

I'm pretty sure producers were giddy with anticipation watching Kyland and X square off. They were probably in Julie's ear telling her to let it play out...until it seemed to be thisclose to becoming physical, that is. That's when they told Julie to order Kyland outta there. But wait !  Kyland can't forget his water.

But yeah, I was there for the drama, but then Julie!

2 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Derek X for America's Favorite either that or have America prank BB and award it to the first guy out from Hawii whose name I can't remember!

Neither can Hannah.

It's Travis, btw.

And frankly, I'd rather have Travis as AFP than Derek X.

1 hour ago, TimWil said:

Keep it classy, Cookout.

There's always that one relative at the cookout that gets a little too drunk and starts picking fights.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, stcroix said:

DerekF and Azah would make for comedy gold as final two!

This season would then be famous (for the CO) and infamous for the worst final two evar. It would be hella funny. The only person I felt didn't deserve to benefit from the work of the 6 was Kyland though. He's always been odd and shady. Not sure if people things like him trying to get himself taken off the block when it was 'his turn' for example. Then of course he proved himself to be a real ass at the end. So I guess I'll still root for X to win.

Surprisingly, even Tiff DID 'keep it classy' and explained herself and the CO's mission quite well. It was Ky whose actions luckily don't dullen the shine of the CO's season. It just showed he was an ass the whole time.

• Love 7

Azah made the right move, keeping that yellow dress for herself instead of lending it to Alyssa. Beautiful.

5 hours ago, Lamima said:

The only thing Ky ruined was his own reputation. Nice move, though, transforming from Superman to Lex Luthor in the blink of an eye.

8 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I admire Kyland's spirit to go from trying to get punched in the face to pitching himself to return for a second season.

I'm just thankful to not have to sit through another Ky-style filibuster where he starts 14 different sentences and finishes absolutely none of them and you're willing to admit to crimes you never committed if it'll get you away.

Yeah, Ky, that kind of exit doesn’t tend to result in a return invitation. Besides, you forgot to thank God for getting you there, and Julie’s not forgiving you for that, either.

As for the filibusters, I’m sure they’re not over. That jury round table is going to be five hours, no ten, unless they take breaks which could stretch it to fifteen, but really only ten except you have to take everything into consideration and that means also asking everyone how long it seems to them, because time moves differently to different people depending on their perspective, and so—

Be grateful for editing.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

No one is really surprised that Ky was never really passionate about "the mission" or "the culture." Instead, Ky was passionate about Ky, as was continually evident all season. Ky wanted to hide behind the CO and hype up his own brand of self-righteousness. His lies were ok because they were "for the mission." X's lies to him were horrible because they hurt Ky's fragile little feelings.

Get to stepping, bitch!

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

Ky didn't go after X's nephew.  I think what Ky was trying to say to X is that by booting him, he was sending a sign of weakness to his nephew, that X was running away from his most competitive challenger.  I do think X is taking the person to final two that gives him the best chance of winning, but that by definition means that he is taking the weakest competition to final two, not the strongest.  I think it hit X the way it did and pissed off X because what what Ky was saying had some validity and I think X knew that.

I don’t see how it has any validity at all. Kyland was trying to use a game move in the Big Brother house (an isolated environment that is totally different from real life) to state that X is a terrible role model and that X’s nephew will have no one to look up to in real life. That’s not a valid statement. Evicting houseguests and best positioning yourself to win is part of the game. X is certainly not perfect but making a pure game move and choosing to get rid of the biggest remaining comp threat at F4 in Big Brother has literally zero to do with his value as a role model to his nephew. 

Hannah could’ve made a similar statement to Kyland last week. He said he wanted to go to the end with competitors and then kept Big D, who did nothing all season. But, had Hannah thrown a similar little tantrum while she was headed out (questioning Kyland’s worth as a role model to his family), it would’ve been just as tasteless.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

Violence is never the answer in a verbal confrontation.  X's reaction to what Ky was saying would cost X my vote.  I don't like violence.

Ky's smug little mug during his comments indicated violence was exactly what he wanted, not a verbal confrontation.  

I liked him the whole game... until he couldn't take being eliminated with dignity.  It's a TV show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Well....at least something juicy happened. I love the cookout but everything has worked so flawlessly that it wasn't exactly the most exciting season. Ky chose the wrong side and it bit him in the ass. 

I officially just can't stand Big D though. He is delusional thinking that he's done so much, protected Azah from being evicted, thinking that out of everyone he deserves to be in the F2 and win. Dude.....you haven't done anything except be protected by everyone else. Him getting to f2 will definitely be a low point for the season. 

• Love 11

Did anyone else see Azah proclaim that she'd been "trying to get Ky out since Week 6"??   Shall I count the hours that have passed since she explained she couldn't put Ky on the block because she pro-o-omised she wouldn't.  Does Azah think no one is watching?

To be fair to Azah, she *was* willing to cut Ky early even before 6, but I believe her unwillingness to put him on the block in the double was because she had only JUST made the deal with him when he was HoH and booted Tiff. It was really fresh promise, and it was during a double, I do believe in any regular week she (and of course Hannah) would have had the time to arrive at putting him up. Sigh. It doesn't really make it any better but I'm a little more forgiving of her first HoH was under a double situation, unlike Judgy McJudgerson SB who had all the time in the world and allowed Ky to mist her into IMO still the worst played HoH in the game (yes worse than Tiff who knew it was all a gamble). 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:
3 hours ago, Drogo said:

Ky's smug little mug during his comments indicated violence was exactly what he wanted, not a verbal confrontation.  

I don't know about that.  I don't think Ky would have come out on top if any physical altercation had occurred.

1) Most fights are lost by the person who started them, yet they keep starting them. 

2)  Ky isn't a slouch by any means.  That scuffle could easily go either way.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I’m not sure if Kyland was trying to get X to hit him, or if he is delusional enough to really believe that bs about X’s nephew needing someone to look to. 

Finally though…a good blindside.

I think he was pissed, so he was hitting below the belt. It was delicious tv, but hope they make up. 

Edited by Cherry Cola
  • Love 5

I was shouting at the TV for Azah, Big D and Julie to STAY OUT OF IT. We've waited an entire season for something interesting and exciting to happen and I was ready for the first ever BB fist fight!  That was the most real moment  besides the Claire/Tiffany scene when Claire knew she was doomed.

Yeah, I was kind of glad to see Kyland get up in X's face. I'm sick of good sports putting on their TV face. I want someone to throw a fit and tell us how they really feel. This was the most interesting part of the season.

I had to start FFing thru Derek's ridiculous rants about carrying Azah to the end. Good grief, what a delusional dumbass this moron is.

Ironically, it's entirely possible Azah and Derek could stumble their way to F2. First of all, the final comps are always brutally physical, so by default they will go to X and Azah. And then that final HoH is always a coin flip. "Hannah said: My biggest move in the house was blah blah blah (or) blah blah blah." Scripted, generic garbage the producers make the jury say. There's no real way of knowing the answer, it's a total guess. So there's a 50/50 chance Azah could win that one and make the final decision about who she goes to F2 with. 

• Love 10