Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E34: Eviction #13

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Ironically, it's entirely possible Azah and Derek could stumble their way to F2. First of all, the final comps are always brutally physical, so by default they will go to X and Azah. And then that final HoH is always a coin flip. "Hannah said: My biggest move in the house was blah blah blah (or) blah blah blah." Scripted, generic garbage the producers make the jury say. There's no real way of knowing the answer, it's a total guess. So there's a 50/50 chance Azah could win that one and make the final decision about who she goes to F2 with. 

This would make for the best final, AFAIC.  

Queen Azah would win and DerF would short-circuit spectacularly.  They'll have to carry him offstage mumbling synonyms for luggage. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Yeah, I was kind of glad to see Kyland get up in X's face. I'm sick of good sports putting on their TV face. I want someone to throw a fit and tell us how they really feel. This was the most interesting part of the season.

At least Ky was honest about how he felt.  I am sick of the phony hugs, we love you, etc..   I had no problem when Claire walked out without hugging anyone.  I actually wish Tiffany and Hannah would have revealed their true feelings.  They were clearly upset in how they were betrayed by their alliance.

Edited by tealeaves
  • Love 15
7 hours ago, gwen747 said:

Britini... STFU and stop screaming! 

She grated on me when she was in the house, but since she's been a juror, Britini's lack of volume control just makes me laugh.   By now, it's clockwork dependable that she's going to respond to any announcement by losing her ever-lovin' mind in complete astonishment.  

She has stamina.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

I actually stopped watching 2nd week, but have been following on here. I thought I had missed something big when Big D said he carried Azah the whole season, I was waiting for some clips of what he had done to keep her safe. I guess production could not find any. 

Ky's exit reminded me of Howie in season 7 when he went after Boogie. 

• LOL 3
14 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I think it hit X the way it did and pissed off X because what Ky was saying had some validity and I think X knew that.

I don't like how X reacted to that.

Disagree on the first point, and on the second...He kept his cool, suggested Ky leave and said Julie was waiting for him. What was objectional about that? 

• Love 18
18 minutes ago, Giuseppe said:

Disagree on the first point, and on the second...He kept his cool, suggested Ky leave and said Julie was waiting for him. What was objectional about that? 

That's what I was coming here to say. Was he supposed to apologize? It's a friggin' game. You make alliances to keep yourself safe and then break them to advance yourself. Ky calling anyone a liar would be hilarious if it wasn't so obnoxiously hypocritical.

• Love 10

It was a shitty thing to say, particularly once the die had been cast and he was on his way out with nothing to gain.  

The only way there could even be a mild explanation for Ky to bring up Kobe (hereafter referred to as 'Xphew') is if "The Gentlemen" alliance was explicitly formed around this idea of the 2 biggest physical threats taking each other to the end to teach Xphew that he shouldn't back down from a big challenge or whatever.  And even if that was the case-- get over it, Ky.  Respect people's (and tortillas') perimeters or you might end up detonated.

But I don't remember The Gentlemen being formed, because I haven't really cared for weeks.  While I appreciate the CO's historic achievement, it's made for a pretty boring season watching an alliance go without any actual opposition.

• Love 5

Ky had a final 2 with SB, X, Tiffany and Derek F. I feel like he also had one with Derek X, but maybe that was in process before they settled on kicking him out. He only settled on X as the toughest competition when Tiffany didn't throw HoH to him. His undying loyalty to him and X was two weeks of game time?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

At least Ky was honest about how he felt.  I am sick of the phony hugs, we love you, etc..   I had no problem when Claire walked out without hugging anyone.  I actually wish Tiffany and Hannah would have revealed their true feelings.  They were clearly upset in how they were betrayed by their alliance.

Exactly. This isn't Scrabble, or Monopoly. This is a game where you make promises and sometimes get stabbed in the back. Sure, you go into it knowing that but you're still human and you still have feelings. You have a right to feel betrayed and angry.

Ky's exit reminded me of Howie in season 7 when he went after Boogie. 

Ugh, yeah, that's my issue too. Nobody gets to tell you how you are supposed to act. I remember Boogie yelling at Howie that he wasn't being classy, and then later praising some other evictee for going out classy. Like he's the behavior moderator. 

• Love 3
On 9/24/2021 at 12:03 PM, tealeaves said:

I actually wish Tiffany and Hannah would have revealed their true feelings.  They were clearly upset in how they were betrayed by their alliance.

But that’s assuming that their true feelings weren’t “yes, I’m upset because I didn’t go farther, but I know this is a game and I still genuinely like these people.” True blindsides are pretty rare in this game. Most people who leave have a pretty good idea it’s going to happen, and so they have time to come to grips with it beforehand. It’s entirely possible to be disappointed without being bitter about it.

• Love 4
On 9/24/2021 at 8:37 PM, Giuseppe said:

Seriously, X's reaction was classy and restrained.  Ky is an absolute idiot.  Years of pissed-off, confused, blindsided and disappointed houseguests have managed to stifle their anger and make a dignified exit.  Not Kyland.  He's just sooooo smart he had to make his point before he left.  And even when EW and other publications the following day handed the opportunity on a silver platter for him to take it back or regret it during their interviews, he doubled down.  Bye, bitch.

• Love 8
On 9/23/2021 at 8:05 PM, Melina22 said:

Wow, that was SO AWKWARD! Ky must be the first person to ever try to talk his way out of eviction AFTER the eviction.

Actually that honor belongs to Austin in BB17, when then-HoH Vanessa cast the tiebreaker vote between Austin and Steve to send Austin out the FD; Austin was so blindsided, he wasn’t even wearing shoes when he left to chat with Julie.  Immediately after Vanessa voiced her eviction vote, though, Austin tried to argue with her - repeatedly saying “But that’s not good for your game - there’s no way you can win….” until he walked (barefoot) out of the House.

(Actually… considering Steve ended up winning FHOH, cutting Vanessa loose, and winning the season - Austin may have been on to something there….  😁)

So in respect to that distinction, Ky was as late to the party on THAT as he was everything else.

Even so, Austin only questioned Vanessa’s strategic good sense - not her character - so once again, Ky found another bar and managed to scurry under it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4