Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E05: Gaslight

• Start Topic

Harry truly destroyed his family and doesn't seem to feel any remorse about it.  I always hate seeing gaslight attempts, but I'm glad Alma stopped the charade, even if it was for her own selfish reasons.  I hope baby Eli will be adopted into a nice family and I hope the pack of hyenas gets taken down next episode.

Poor Karen.  She can't even paint alone before Belle rolls up and destroys her work.  I really felt sad for her this episode. 

• Love 14

Oof, this episode was tough. All the characters I liked hate thrived, while Karen, Doris and Mickey (my favorites) met their worst ends. Thanks AHS.

Doris being sedated and manipulated and by her own family was so uncomfortable to watch. 

If Alma and Ursula don't bite it (ha) in the finale then I don't know. That's true evil with those two. That change in expression on Alma's face after manipulating her mom into taking the pill...frightening. 

I had a teeny bit of sympathy left for Harry as he tried to (kind of) fight the lure of the pills, and be The Nice Family Guy but his last words to Doris were stone cold. He's too far gone now.

Poor Karen...committed a horrible act for Belle, but ultimately tried to retain her humanity and sanity while everyone arounds her sells their souls, one way or another. At least she, mostly, went out on her own terms. That scene was so sad.

This has been a surprisingly subdued season so far (for Murphy anyway) and I've really enjoyed it. I hope Macaulay Culkin shows up again. He's been fantastic.

ETA: BAD typo, lol. Meant to say that all the characters I hated thrived. lol.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 18

This was so beyond heart-breaking Doris not only being gaslit, but turned into a pale and pushed into the streets by her wealthy husband and child is revolting, disturbing on so many levels.  But sure, it is what rich people often do; hoard wealth, use it manipulate their progeny and then throw them out if they don't comply.  Did Ursula take a pill, or is she just naturally sociopathic?  I wish Doris had killed her on her way out.  And Harry is complete trash; clearly Alma needed rehab (or equivalent,) not to be left to terrorize her mother and sibling when she doesn't have any practical application for the black pills right now anyway.  Ursula/Alma were giving off Claudia/Maddeline vibes at the end, so I hope a similar fate awaits them at the chemist's mansion...

Poor Mickey and Karen; who deserved better from the world.  The rest of the characters don't, so I hope they die horrifically next week.

• Love 14

I didn’t like this episode but it fits with every other season where the show goes downhill after a few weeks. I did get Rosemary’s Baby vibes from the scene with Doris in her nightgown holding the scissors. I hate seeing babies or children hurt and think it is unnecessary.

The storyline with how the pill works still makes no sense to me. It would make more sense if people took it who had dreams but no talent. Talent is also on a continuum, the show acts like you have zero talent or are brilliant. You can learn something like decorating by taking classes and experimenting. The idea that the talentless must roam the earth forever after taking one pill while the talented can go for months without blood just doesn’t make sense. 
Sad to see Karen and Mickey die, hope Ursula, Harry and Alma are next ( I know she is a child but an evil one).

• Love 5

So who is going to supply Doris with her black robe and shoulder pads? Where are the Nosferatu ghouls getting those from, anyway? 

Poor Lily Rabe. In every season of AHS, her character is the one my heart breaks for. Every time. 

I only recently learned she is Jill Clayburgh's daughter. Now I can totally see it.

I did get Rosemary’s Baby vibes from the scene with Doris in her nightgown holding the scissors. 

Same. That had to be deliberate.

The idea that the talentless must roam the earth forever after taking one pill while the talented can go for months without blood just doesn’t make sense.

That doesn't make any sense to me either. The whole concept really falls apart when you look too closely at it. For instance, Harry and the writers had their teeth filed down for convenience by tattoo girl. Is she doing that for the Nosferatu ghouls too? Why? How can they just all be wandering around at all hours of the day and night without anyone noticing? Do they round them up and lock them up somewhere during the touristy summer months? Are the police in on this or are we to believe they never see them, even though they pop up constantly, everywhere?

• Love 8
2 hours ago, TVMovieBuff said:

Refresh me. Mickey, and Ursula are not  taking the pills, right? 

Mickey is taking them now.  We don't know about Ursula.  It seems like she is, but she's an agent, I wouldn't be surprised if she's just that awful.  LOL

The idea that the talentless must roam the earth forever after taking one pill while the talented can go for months without blood just doesn’t make sense.

That doesn't make any sense to me either. The whole concept really falls apart when you look too closely at it. For instance, Harry and the writers had their teeth filed down for convenience by tattoo girl. Is she doing that for the Nosferatu ghouls too? Why? How can they just all be wandering around at all hours of the day and night without anyone noticing? Do they round them up and lock them up somewhere during the touristy summer months? Are the police in on this or are we to believe they never see them, even though they pop up constantly, everywhere?

Right?  Why aren't they being rounded up by the police?

What is up with the red porch lights!!!  You know they are going to leave us hanging on that one.

I really did feel for Mickey and Karen.  How sad was that.  Macauly was the perfect actor for the role, but I still remember when he was having so many problems with drugs in his real life, so it's been hard seeing him go through this meth head act.  At the same time, when he was pleading (?) with Karen or Belle a couple times, you totally heard this little kid come out and it was heartbreaking!

I can't wait for Alma to burn.  I cannot stand that child, she is super duper awful and I normally don't have this visceral reaction to child characters.  It's usually very easy to have empathy even when the are at their worst, but not this character. 

I'd really love to see Karen come back because she ate black pill blood when she killed Mickey.  I know it won't happen, but dang wouldn't that be cool to see her rise from the waves, able to get her revenge on Belle and the others???

• Love 14

I think this season, like with a lot of AHS, the plots don't hold up well under a lot of scrutiny. I mean, how do people continue taking these bizarre unlabeled pills with such a crazy story attached to them? 

I want to believe Doris will get revenge or be cured somehow - she was munching away at the end, but she seemed to have a little bit of awareness left? Maybe it was just wishful thinking on my part. 

I'd also like to know what's up with the red lights - that was such a creepy scene with them going off down the street in the first episode

1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Do they round them up and lock them up somewhere during the touristy summer months? Are the police in on this or are we to believe they never see them, even though they pop up constantly, everywhere?

Yeah, we know that Belle leaves during the tourist season, but they do take all the pale people with them? Do the police just stay away during the off season?

And no one is missing the police chief that Alma killed? That has to be addressed in the finale. 

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

And no one is missing the police chief that Alma killed? That has to be addressed in the finale. 

I bet it won't be mentioned again.  LOL  Oh Ryan - ye of the plotholes faith...

I have to admit this episode was excellent for the creep factor.  I was watching with my headphones on our large tv (so my guys could listen to music) and I reacted a few times - beginning with the drinking of the blood in the hospital.  soooooo gross.  

• Love 7
4 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

I want to believe Doris will get revenge or be cured somehow - she was munching away at the end, but she seemed to have a little bit of awareness left? Maybe it was just wishful thinking on my part.

I was almost hoping she was faking when she start to lose her hair. That maybe she was testing them, she knew they didn't believe in her or something like that. Welp!

I saw Karen killing Mickey at the end coming, but I thought it was only the start and that she'd be taking out the rest of them in the next episode. 0-2 for me, I guess, lol.

• Love 2

I'd really love to see Karen come back because she ate black pill blood when she killed Mickey.

The pills do not seem to give you immortality or super strength or any other vampire-like abilities. Harry killed that first ghoul that tried to break into the house.

Which begs the question: why don't they simply kill the people that turn into Nosferatu? Wouldn't that be the kinder and more logical solution to the problem? As opposed to just opening the front door and letting them run free? Do they intend to litter the world with endless ghouls, like nobody is ever going to notice, or try to figure out where they're coming from? The whole thing is counter-productive to keeping this pill thing a secret.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 11

This show intends to be provocative and disturbing, so it doesn't upset me when the plot is disturbing. If I wanted nicey nice I'd watch some vapid sitcom.

On that note, I hated what Mickey turned himself into, a caricature of a Hollywood asshole. I thought he'd be more resistant to becoming a sellout. Then to put Karen at risk of being eaten by the vampire/zombies? Not cool, Mickey. 

Same with Harry. Continuing to pretend to be a family man until after the second kid was born? He seems grateful to the child from hell for getting him out of the marriage.

Does anyone know if Doris breast fed Baby No Name after she took the pill? I wonder what effects it would have on the baby if she did. What if he's untalented? Will he turn into a baby ghoul?

• Love 7

I kinda knew Doris was doomed but it was heartbreaking to watch her husband outright turn on her.

I am not the type to overthink this show.  Some shows you can think about every piece of the show for weeks at a time and have discussions about the pros and cons of characters morality but AHS has never really been that kind of show.  If you think too hard about it it falls apart but that is ok.    The show works for me as a Visceral morality tale.   Harry is one of those husbands who expect their wives to devote their entire life to them.   Alma is either going to die a truly horrible death or survive the show depending on what morality tale the show is going for.   I still say The Chemist, Alma and Ursula are going to be the last ones standing.   

Either that or the Chemist finds a cure for the pale vampires and gives it to Doris and she kills her husband and daughter and suddenly has a talent for painting blood on the walls (you know more then just white on white) which Ursula capitalizes on.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Which begs the question: why don't they simply kill the people that turn into Nosferatu? Wouldn't that be the kinder and more logical solution to the problem? As opposed to just opening the front door and letting them run free?

The ghouls being ALL OVER are the fail point here. That and setting it in an actual place like Provincetown. I grew up in a super small town of 600 people and folks? We'd notice a pack of five to ten pointed teeth ghouls in the cemetary, ESPECIALLY if one of them broke into someone's house and got killed. I lived near Dryden NY (not in Dryden, but Dryden was a big town compared to mine and still smaller than P-town) when all the murders were happened (please see "Village of the Damned" on ID Discovery if you're curious) and the news crews from actual cities were ALL OVER it and it was the early 1990s. A pack of murderous meth tweakers would have Dateline investigating. 

You make a really awesome point - why isn't someone just killing the talentless?

4 hours ago, Beezella said:

Well, we all knew someone was going to eat (drink?) the baby. (Checkov's baby) I was trying to decide who would be the most horrifying person to do that and thought probably Alma. Or possibly now, the mother herself.

Honestly I am so confused - who had the baby at the end of this episode?

4 hours ago, CrazyDog said:

Yeah, we know that Belle leaves during the tourist season, but they do take all the pale people with them? Do the police just stay away during the off season?

Provincetown has internet access - no one local has taken cell phone videos of the ghouls? No one has noticed the police chief is gone?

3 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

The show works for me as a Visceral morality tale.   Harry is one of those husbands who expect their wives to devote their entire life to them.   Alma is either going to die a truly horrible death or survive the show depending on what morality tale the show is going for.   I still say The Chemiat, Alma and Ursula are going to be the last ones standing.   

To be fair, this is where the show is working - the scene of Harry basically dumping Doris and revealing his more true nature was brilliant. And the gaslighting of Doris was awesome and so was the whole Mickey versus Karen. What is established that Karen was or wasn't talented?

*For the record the reality fail point for me is Belle having a taste for feasting on babies and no federal involvement or investigation - babies don't disappear without notice in small towns. (Again, see "Village of the Damned")

• Love 9

Also, I called it on Doris being un-talented. All that beige on beige on beige.  That is not design.

I'm just curious if baby Eli (that's what they named him, right?) is talented or if he'll eventually be fed to Alma From Hell so she can play so pretty it makes her cry.

• Love 2

Since only the awful, irredeemable characters are left, I assume next week is going to be a bloodbath where they all get deservingly destroyed in various ways.  I hope so.

I'm just curious if baby Eli (that's what they named him, right?) is talented or if he'll eventually be fed to Alma From Hell so she can play so pretty it makes her cry.

Knowing AHS, I could see a big time jump.  If I were writing the show I’d have Eli grow up a normie, non-vampire (maybe Harry insists they wait to turn him til he’s older) who’s ridiculously genius-level talented without the pill.  And the fact that he’s so much more naturally talented than Alma and the rest of them— without cheating— drives them literally crazy until they make fatal mistakes.

• Love 13
8 hours ago, hatchetgirl said:

I can't wait for Alma to burn.  I cannot stand that child, she is super duper awful and I normally don't have this visceral reaction to child characters.  It's usually very easy to have empathy even when the are at their worst, but not this character. 

Yeah, same. I found myself thinking "this kid would creep out Damien from The Omen." Seriously the creepiest Creepy Child I've ever seen, I think, and there have been a few in fiction that made my blood run cold. Hell, I think Anthony from Twilight Zone's "It's a Good Life" would run crying from Alma. I am seriously okay with a bad end for her.

Which, I suppose, means big kudos to that young actor!

• Love 12

Did someone eat the baby? Alma, Doris or Harry? When Harry unblocked the door and let Doris out of the bathroom, I was sure he was going to let her eat the baby so he could be rid of both of them at the same time. Did I miss it?

Sorry to see Mickey & Karen go. I loved Macauley in this role. I hope he turns up in future AHS seasons.

I only noticed in this episode that all the vampire ghouls were wearing the same coat with pointed shoulders. I guess Billie Lourd is the costumer for all of the wild vampires.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, iMonrey said:

So who is going to supply Doris with her black robe and shoulder pads? Where are the Nosferatu ghouls getting those from, anyway? 

We were dying laughing about the matching coats on my couch. We saw the origin story for the first one, but then no others! Amazing.

1 hour ago, HollyG said:

Sorry to see Mickey & Karen go. I loved Macauley in this role. I hope he turns up in future AHS seasons.

Me too, hope he joins the little AHS repertory company! Looks like they've lost some, so they're going to need more.

Alma is such a delightful little demon child, I love it.

I hope someone realizes that the way to protect the baby is to give him a pill. I want to see what happens then! Will he be talented at... what? And will he just drink bottles full of blood? Or will he get a pointy-shoulders coat and start doing funky dance moves in the graveyard??

I'm not too worried about the whole bit with the town getting overrun and it being inconceivable that the FBI isn't looking into it or something, I think that's basically the whole "why now?" of this story -- this is when it spreads too far and falls apart, that's why they chose this point of attack. It was sustainable before because not very many people knew, and now Harry and company have ruined it. (Probably the only thing I thought was too silly even here was that they second the black pill hits someone's lips, the pale ones disperse immediately. Like they don't even have to swallow it yet. Oh and I also wish they were consistent with what people do after they take the pill if they do have talent -- some spend the next several hours writing great scripts or novels and then feed, but others feed right away before they even get to the work.)

I cannot wait to see what Frances Conroy does next week. 

I haven't like an AHS season this much since the second, what a fun season.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, gesundheit said:

I haven't like an AHS season this much since the second, what a fun season.

Full agree. It's actually a little scary at times. (I'm a big chicken.) The fact that this story is only 6 episodes is really helping it. 

• Love 9

I'm also a little confused on the rules with the pills but just going with it. Belle and Evan Peters (can't remember his character name) said they go to P-town during the winter months, take the pills, churn out their masterpieces and the rest of the year they just chill. So they don't take the pills all year round because technically they don't need to. But someone like Alma would need to take the pills year round if she is going to consistently play the violin that well. Also do they lose their taste for blood when they stop taking them? And isn't Provincetown a busy place during the summer? Where do the ghoulies go during that time?

Poor Doris. Turned into a monster by her own evil child. He's hoping someone pushes Alma down a flight of stairs. And she takes Ursula with her.

• Love 10
15 hours ago, rhofmovalley said:

Does anyone know if Doris breast fed Baby No Name after she took the pill? I wonder what effects it would have on the baby if she did. What if he's untalented? Will he turn into a baby ghoul?

I was wondering the same about the baby.  I thought when the violin was being played that the camera would zoom in on it coming from the crib.  What about the baby's undeveloped talents?  Does that count?  Also, maybe Doris was talented in some other way, but didn't know it yet.  If you are unaware of a talent, does the pill not work?  I want them to try to zombify someone they think talentless only for that person to come back and beat them at their own game.  

Hah, wouldn't it be special if the baby was a better violinist than demon child?  

Edited by kelslamu
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

The ghouls being ALL OVER are the fail point here. That and setting it in an actual place like Provincetown. I grew up in a super small town of 600 people and folks? We'd notice a pack of five to ten pointed teeth ghouls in the cemetary, ESPECIALLY if one of them broke into someone's house and got killed. I lived near Dryden NY (not in Dryden, but Dryden was a big town compared to mine and still smaller than P-town) when all the murders were happened (please see "Village of the Damned" on ID Discovery if you're curious) and the news crews from actual cities were ALL OVER it and it was the early 1990s. A pack of murderous meth tweakers would have Dateline investigating. 

Josh Mankiewicz from Dateline would be on AHS talking to the townsfolk. lmao  "You could have called for help, but you didn't do that, did you?"

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, MaggieG said:

I'm also a little confused on the rules with the pills but just going with it. Belle and Evan Peters (can't remember his character name) said they go to P-town during the winter months, take the pills, churn out their masterpieces and the rest of the year they just chill. So they don't take the pills all year round because technically they don't need to. But someone like Alma would need to take the pills year round if she is going to consistently play the violin that well. Also do they lose their taste for blood when they stop taking them? And isn't Provincetown a busy place during the summer? Where do the ghoulies go during that time?

Poor Doris. Turned into a monster by her own evil child. He's hoping someone pushes Alma down a flight of stairs. And she takes Ursula with her.

And they have to continue taking the pills in order to keep working, and presumably they lose their bloodlust when not taking them. But the ghouls take just ONE pill, and that’s it for them? This is where they lose me.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

And they have to continue taking the pills in order to keep working, and presumably they lose their bloodlust when not taking them. But the ghouls take just ONE pill, and that’s it for them? This is where they lose me.

I also was thinking maybe you have something you're talented at but just don't know it. Like Doris wasn't that good at decorating but maybe she is a good singer. The rules are a little iffy but that's AHS for ya

• Love 4

I just had to come here and say I've never wanted a child to die so much as I do in this story and I'm not sorry for it.

Anyone have a clue how the ones who have talent can control the untalented ones?

Edited by kj4ever
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, kj4ever said:

I just had to come here and say I've never wanted a child to die so much as I do in this story and I'm not sorry for it.

Anyone have a clue how the ones who have talent can control the untalented ones?

Same. 
This was well done.  Really creepy and horrifying. I hate babies being in danger, and that little girl talking her mother into taking the pill…awful.  Although, those who wanted to see a bald Lily Rabe, eating roadkill, called it.  
I hope the baby ends up somewhere safe.  You would think they would have check-ups scheduled with a doctor, but this is AHS.  I hope the chemist gets rid of them all.  
Mickey turned into a really affable monster.  I felt so bad for Karen, but she did mostly end it on her terms.  Really sad, but also a relief for her.  

• Love 3

I am not the type to overthink this show.  Some shows you can think about every piece of the show for weeks at a time and have discussions about the pros and cons of characters morality but AHS has never really been that kind of show.  If you think too hard about it it falls apart but that is ok.    The show works for me as a Visceral morality tale.

I agree that trying to overthink AHS is pure folly, but I disagree that the current season is actually "working," per se, in the capacity it's meant to, precisely because there are too many obvious and avoidable plot holes. They take me right out of the story. And they are entirely unnecessary. This is where Ryan Murphy's "style over substance" formula is too often counter-productive. 

Don't get me wrong, it's not the worst season ever. I don't think anything will ever surpass Roanoke in that category. And I love the cast and could watch Frances Conroy, Evan Peters and Macaulay Culkin chew the scenery all day long. But things like just opening the front door to let Ghoul Doris run free are just absurd and baffling. I'm unable to go "Oh, cool visual!" when something makes zero sense. 

• Love 4

What's missing from this season (besides a cohesive plot) is a connection to previous seasons. Usually they work in something from a previous season to connect all the AHS universes. Have there been any this season?

Denis O'Hare, Leslie Grossman, Billie Lourde & Adina Porter were in no way relevant to the plot.  Evan Peters character also appears to have been unnecessary and made less important mid-way through the season. It's like they didn't know what to do with him.

27 minutes ago, sashayshante said:

Denis O'Hare, Leslie Grossman, Billie Lourde & Adina Porter were in no way relevant to the plot.  Evan Peters character also appears to have been unnecessary and made less important mid-way through the season. It's like they didn't know what to do with him.

Agree on Billy Lourde and Adina Porter - I assume this was all about the paychecks for them. But I have a small amount of hope that the finale will reveal something about the Denis O'Hare character.... and I think Ursula was an important catalyst to shaking up the Chemist's weird little hole in the wall experimental farm.

23 hours ago, gesundheit said:

We were dying laughing about the matching coats on my couch. We saw the origin story for the first one, but then no others! Amazing.

We were talking about this. I told my boyfriend that Billie Lourd had one coat with the huge shoulders. He said, "She said she bought all the vintage clothes people left in the houses in town or something." I said, "Where did she find 30 of the same coat?" Preposterous.

But Doris wears a robe and Uggs.

We cracked up when Doris's balding head was first shown in the bathroom. We also laughed when I suggested that Harry was going to eat the baby's placenta at the beginning of the show. My boyfriend: "Some people really do that!" Me: "I know!"

I don't think we're supposed to be laughing about all of this.

I'm gathering I'm the only one, but I can't stand Macaulay Culkin. I also can't abide Sarah Paulson as Cynthia Nixon as the town homeless lady/meth addict/tuberculosis patient. The two of them together are like watching a high school play. Sarah Paulson is usually great, but this is rough. Very, very rough.

16 minutes ago, tomsmom said:

I’m sorry if I missed it (maybe because I fast-forward through most of this BS plot holed filled season) but has no one noticed that the Chief of Police is missing???!!!

I wonder if this will be like in Cult where no one seemed to notice the non stop cult murders until the finale episode where we discover the FBI was on to them for a while. 

• Love 2
On 9/16/2021 at 7:41 PM, EllaWycliffe said:

To be fair, this is where the show is working - the scene of Harry basically dumping Doris and revealing his more true nature was brilliant. And the gaslighting of Doris was awesome and so was the whole Mickey versus Karen. What is established that Karen was or wasn't talented?

*For the record the reality fail point for me is Belle having a taste for feasting on babies and no federal involvement or investigation - babies don't disappear without notice in small towns. (Again, see "Village of the Damned")

I didn’t understand why Karen was bringing babies to Belle; what was in it for her?

• Useful 1
10 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

Yea, she could get it anywhere. I think Belle threatens to kill her or sic the pale ones on her if she doesn’t comply. 

Which I guess leads to.... why stay? I mean, I've been to Massachusetts. Provincetown has its charms but there's plenty of charming, wicked cold little towns with lighthouses, meth, and seafood. 

I know, I know, overthinking it but still. 

• Love 4

I knew what was coming with Doris but still, it was cruel to see how her family easily disposed of her.

Random thought: have we seen yet what happens to these people if they DON'T feed? I know Belle's use is seasonal, but what would happen if she was deprived of a blood source/meat while taking the black pill?

I don't know if this is supposed to be a riff on how addicts, prostitutes, the homeless etc. disappear from society without anyone noticing or caring much, including local PD. But come on - tourism is Cape Cod's bread and butter! Local PD would be all over these bodies in a heartbeat, lest word get out that P-town's unsafe. Then again, I think I'm expecting too much realism in an AHS plot! 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Yea, she could get it anywhere. I think Belle threatens to kill her or sic the pale ones on her if she doesn’t comply. 

She finally decided that death was better. 

• Love 2

That episode certainly took a depressing turn, pretty much every sympathetic character is dead or an ambling corpse now except for the baby. Doris being gaslit by her own family, manipulated by her daughter into taking the pill knowing that she would probably become a pale one, and then getting thrown out as a monster was just so terrible. Huge props to the young actress playing Alma, rarely have I rooted so much for a child to die. Although the worst character so far has to be Ursula, at least most of the rest of the amoral vampire squad can say that they took a magic pill that quashed their empathy, Ursula is just a normal, terrible person. 

I was really rooting for Karen and Mickey, so of course it ended in tragedy. I really wanted them to show how Karen's painting was, I am guessing that she really did have talent all along. It seems like Mickey really did think that he was helping Karen by forcing her into taking the pill, even if Karen very much disagreed, which just makes the whole thing even  sadder. I hope that Macaulay Culkin sticks around in future AHS seasons, he fits in really well. 

Yeah, pulling on the threads of any season of AHS will have the actual plot unraveling pretty quickly. I would buy the pills being straight up magic more than some kind of weird mad science that can create vampires and gangue talent, and the fact that no one seems to notice or care about these creepy zombies that all apparently get their shoulder pad heavy jackets at the same thrift store running around is utterly ridiculous, but if you want to enjoy the season, I guess you just have to go along with it. Its a morality tale, not something with a super tight plot that stands up to scrutiny, I guess viewers have to decide if that works for them or not.

• Love 4