Type keyword(s) to search

Season 38 Final Jeopardy! Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

(edited)
On 6/11/2022 at 8:39 AM, ams1001 said:

Just be careful...

Two people rescued after being trapped in a vat of chocolate at an M&M’s factory

This happened in the town where I went to college. On a good day, the air smells like baking brownies. (On a bad day it smells like cows...)

If only you could know when it's a good day before you go out. 😄 Cows aren't that bad, once you've smelled pigs.

2/5. I think I doubled my score from last week. LOL.

The Smother's Brothers! Thanks @Prevailing Wind for reminding me of my childhood/early adulthood favorites. When I was 18 I got to see them in concert with Olivia Newton John (who was new then - she was flawless). I'm going to have to see if I still have my parent's album. If not - YouTube here I come.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

If only you could know when it's a good day before you go out. 😄 Cows are that bad, once you've smelled pigs.

The worst was a cow day in the spring right after they redid the mulch beds around all the buildings.....😳

One of my friends grew up on a pig farm. Maybe she didn't mind the cows as much as the rest of us...

• LOL 2

2/5 with no *.  My mind was a jumble early in the week.  For Monday, it was "you know, the two dudes not Romulus & Remus and for Tuesday, I was so far down the rabbit hole trying to parse the clue that I never even came close. 

Boston Tea Party and The Little Prince were nearly Instagets but on Friday, I waffled too long between Chile and Peru & didn't listen to my inner Paddington.  As I think I have said before, I do need to brush up on South American geography. 

I made a hot dog & baked bean casserole yesterday to help see me through the week which I am glad to share - only B & M baked beans are used in the Grundoon household so there is at least a Boston theme to it. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

4/5 w/*

I missed Monday but 9/10 I’m not going to answer any mythology question correctly. I couldn’t think of any other 14th century poem than “Divine Comedy” and thankfully the only part I can ever remember was the correct response. The rest of the week was relatively easy, although Peru was a quasi-guess that I was pretty sure was correct, thanks to ‘Serra’ in the clue which made me think of the Andes & then Peru. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

WEEK 40 • June 13, 2022 — ONE asterisk *  
195. TV Legends. Buster Keaton considered her the tops in her field &, in fact, was one of her early mentors.
196. 1972. In June he said, “Don’t lie to them to the extent to say there is no involvement, but just say this is… a comedy of errors.”
197. Brands. Babe Didrikson Zaharias, Evan Strong & Roy Campanella broke barriers representing this brand.
* 198. Debut Novels. Published in 1991, this novel, the first in a series, has been described as “historical fiction with a Moebius twist.”  *
199. 19th Century Contemporaries. Congratulating her on the 1869 release of her biography, Frederick Douglass wrote, “I have wrought in the day –you in the night.”

• Thanks 3

3/5 no *
My mind went to athletic brands for Wednesday & all I could come up with was Adidas. For Thursday I guessed Game of Thrones which got me an exasperated sigh from Dr Toothbrush because how did I know the the first GOT book came out in the mid-‘90s??? 🙄I knew Moebius was the clue within the clue, but since I suck at mythology that was no help. Not sure even if I knew I would have gotten it, since evidently I am one of the last people on Earth who has not seen Outlander. 

• Love 2

Week forty: four of five, with the asterisk! I had no clue on the brand that all of those athletes represented.

Tomorrow is West Virginia's 160th birthday! So I guess I'll have to make a birthday cake, to go with @Clanstarling's ice cream! My preference -- chocolate cake with peanut butter/buttercream icing.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, j5cochran said:

Tomorrow is West Virginia's 160th birthday! So I guess I'll have to make a birthday cake, to go with @Clanstarling's ice cream! My preference -- chocolate cake with peanut butter/buttercream icing.

Throw some pepperoni rolls in there!

• Applause 4
  • Love 1

4/5 with the * (which was a wild guess for me since I am with @Toothbrush in not having seen/read Outlander).  I could not get my mind to focus on enough sporting brands quickly enough to even come up with a guess for Wednesday. 

I can bring a cole slaw/ramen noodle salad to go with the rest of the meal (it is a hot weather go to for Grundoons). 

• Like 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
17 hours ago, j5cochran said:

Week forty: four of five, with the asterisk! I had no clue on the brand that all of those athletes represented.

I've never had peanut butter butter cream icing - sounds tasty. Our go to at home is dark chocolate with chocolate fudge icing (with raspberry jam in the middle).

4 hours ago, Good Queen Jane said:

4/5, no*

I really think my score should be 4 1/2 as I said  "Highlander" instead of "Outlander". Surely getting "lander" is worth half a point.

Nope. There can be only one. 😉

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

1/5. Just all around a rough week. Thursday the game didn't record for some reason and I didn't even realize until I saw comments about it here. I wouldn't have gotten it anyway. 

For some reason, I'm in the mood for pickled sausages (which my grocery store is out of!), but we can all enjoy virtual ones, I guess.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 6/20/2022 at 1:24 PM, Clanstarling said:

I've never had peanut butter butter cream icing - sounds tasty. Our go to at home is dark chocolate with chocolate fudge icing (with raspberry jam in the middle).

My college cafeteria did a lot of non-chocolate desserts during Lent (since that's a popular thing to give up, I guess). One of my friends gave up chocolate and her favorite was the cake with peanut butter frosting. She was forever on a quest to find an equivalent frosting that she could buy but I don't think she ever found it.

• Sad 3
On 6/20/2022 at 8:21 PM, zoey1996 said:

I’ve never heard of pickled sausages. What are they?

They are exactly what they sound like. Polish (usually) sausage pickled in vinegar.

• Useful 1

As I am five hours ahead, and it’s already bedtime (although it is broad daylight outside), I have checked the archive for this past week.  I only missed Tuesday’s FJ, so I have 4/5 for this week.

• Applause 4
  • Love 1