Type keyword(s) to search

Season 38 Final Jeopardy! Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

Week 41:  2/5

In honor of Jack Nicholson, one of my two correct responses this week, I'll bring separate plates of chicken salad and whole wheat toast. If you'd like to make a sandwich, that's your prerogative.

• Thanks 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

1/5 no asterisk.

1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

1/5 and I’ll get back to you If it had an asterisk. I’ll bring a 6’ submarine sandwich to share with everyone. 

Monday "the monarchy" and Thursday "Damn the Torpedoes" were asterisks.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

1/5

Too often my score.

I will bring more stick food, maybe kofta on sticks with some sort of dipping sauce.

Edited by Trey
  • Love 2

3/5 w/* Got M, Tu, W. No clue for Thursday & guessed DeNiro for Friday. I wasn’t sure about Poe on Wednesday, but happy for the lucky guess. 

I’ll bring strawberry shortcake trifle. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Love 6

WEEK 41 • June 20, 2022 — TWO asterisk *  
* 200. British History. From the Greek for “alone”, it was nixed by Parliamant in 1649 after being deemed “unnecessary, burdensome & dangerous.”  *
201. Geography Words. From Greek for “chief” & “sea”, this word originally referred to the Aegean, known for its many island groups.
202. 19th Century Literature. This author first thought of a parrot before choosing another bird “equally capable of speech.”
* 203. Classic Albums. This classic album by a Southern rocker gets its title from a Civil War quote by a Union admiral.  *
204. Oscar-Winning Actors. Each of the 3 films for which he won an Oscar, from 1975, 1983 & 1997, also garnered a Best Lead Actress Oscar. 

• Thanks 4

Oddly 3/5 with both * - got Monday at the last second by looking again at the year (much Britbox/Acorn historical programs in the past couple of years) and Thursday was a wild guess since I couldn't think of any other quote (I am embarrassed to admit I didn't know of the album although it is of my musical era).  Also got Poe. 

If no one has offered up sangria this week, I can bring versions with red, white and rose'.

• Applause 5
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Week ending July 1:

2/5 (Monday and Friday)

I'm making milkshakes - strawberry, vanilla, or mint chip ice cream and homemade chocolate syrup. Who wants one?

Ooo. Mint chip milkshake sounds good!
Yes, please.

1/5 thanks to meme.

——unless I get ½ for guessing British Guyana on Friday (should have been French).
I should have known Portland. I have a daughter who lives there. So maybe that would cancel out any ½ point for the wrong Guyana.

• Love 4
(edited)

4/5, 2*

I shall bring fresh fruit salad.  I've been thinking of all the virtual calories I've been putting on since I pig out every week on all the great food everyone brings.

Changed my asterisk score from one to two.

Edited by Trey
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

WEEK 42 • June 27, 2022 — THREE asterisk *  
205. The World of Today. Partly because it was a monosyllable, this word was chosen as “a noun that conveys the idea of a unit of cultural transmission.”
* 206. Poets’ Corner at Westminster Abbey. At his 1892 burial, fit for a baron, the organist put music to his words, “I hope to see my pilot face to face, when I have crost the bar.” *
* 207. Television History. In the opening scene of its July 21, 1969 pilot episode, a man carves the letter D into wet cement.  *
* 208. U.S. Cities. This U.S. city now has 10 times the population of the other U.S. city for which it was named in 1845.  *
209. World Geography. Mont Bellevue de l’Inini is the highest point in this European possession largely covered by the Amazon rainforest. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

A big fat Zero. I’m going to bring chocolate chip cookies to go with the milkshakes. 
I need some brain food. Actually I’ll also bring blueberries to help my brain and for those watching their virtual calories. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 4
(edited)

2/5 no * Along with the 3 contestants I guessed Lord Byron for Tuesday. I had no idea for Monday, and guessed NYC for Thursday, which is dumb because it was founded in the 17th century. Almost missed Friday as my first guess was Suriname but remembered French Guyana just in time. I always think it’s in Africa. Yet another example of my prowess in geography lol 

Twix for all. I have both left & right. 

Edited by Toothbrush
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

1/5 with 1* - all thanks to many happy trips to the Portland ME area to visit Grundoon relatives - I hope to make it to Portland OR some day.  Every other answer made perfect sense once revealed but could not come up with any of them. 

My best farmer's market purchase this week was some smoked Michigan whitefish for which I have a recipe for really good cream cheese/cream/horseradish/fish spread.  I will bring it with crackers for whoever is interested. 

Happy 4th of July and belated Happy Canada Day to all!

• Applause 1
  • Love 3

Week of June 27th: 3/5, one *.

My asterisk is the SESAME STREET one, and I only know it because earlier in the year I was doing a lot of reading/watching abt the show after seeing the STREET GANG doc on HBO. They really should've not used that clue. Those were test episodes aired in limited markets!!!!

• Applause 2
  • Love 1