Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E12: Circle of Distrust

• Start Topic

My thoughts are probably not new, so…

1) When Rinna was getting on Garcelle about her question and the intent behind it, I really wished Bravo had included in the flashbacks the scene in Hong Kong when she asked Dorit, “So…were people doing coke in your bathroom?” For every finger you point…

2) The discussion on race was perhaps one of the more honest conversations I’ve seen on the franchises I regularly follow. Saying “I don’t see color,” to me, is basically invalidating the lives and experiences some POC have.

I have an African-American coworker, and during the George Floyd shooting and trial, we talked a lot, and she shared a lot of perspectives that I, as a white woman, would never have to consider. Her daughter was racially profiled on an almost nightly basis as she drove home from work, to the point where she would call her mom and keep her on the phone during the traffic stops. Just in case. And I witnessed the profiling first hand when a bunch of us were returning from a meeting at a door that had to be activated by a badge. One person swiped her badge, the rest followed, but my coworker — who had her badge clearly around her neck — was stopped by the cop and was specifically asked to show hers. I stopped to witness this and stared at the cop, but didn’t say anything, nor did she. We both knew by doing so it would most likely escalate the situation. I once told her I was upset to the point of tears over racially-motivated violence. She looked at me and said, “I’m beyond being upset. I’m ANGRY.” Of course she was…this kind of threat has been with her and her adult kids for all their lives. 

Not seeing color — i.e. not judging based on color — is fine. But if you don’t listen, if you don’t try to learn from the experiences that you were spared from by accident of birth, you are in many ways ignoring the realities they face on a daily basis, which is almost as bad as bias.

3) Erika. Sigh. I will give her the benefit of the doubt that Tom maybe sold her a bill of goods about the LLC…tax benefits, etc., etc. Tom gave her a bunch of papers and she signed because he told her to, and her golden life went on. This is the lesson that everybody needs to learn. Do not trust anybody when it comes to signing documents, articles of incorporation, or in any financial matter without doing your due diligence. Read, and if you don’t understand, ask. I’m not convinced that she had no inkling whatsoever about the origins of the money transferred to the LLC, but as Sutton said, the courts won’t care. She signed off on it; she now owns it. Ignorance is no defense. And when Rinna said she signs things blindly on the basis of Harry’s say-so and that “everyone does it” (paraphrase) — again, just because you love and trust someone, that might not always mean they’re acting in YOUR best interests, and it’s YOU who will be on the hook for whatever happens.

Looking forward to next week.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, RoseAllDay said:

My thoughts are probably not new, so…

3) Erika. Sigh. I will give her the benefit of the doubt that Tom maybe sold her a bill of goods about the LLC…tax benefits, etc., etc. Tom gave her a bunch of papers and she signed because he told her to, and her golden life went on. This is the lesson that everybody needs to learn. Do not trust anybody when it comes to signing documents, articles of incorporation, or in any financial matter without doing your due diligence. Read, and if you don’t understand, ask. I’m not convinced that she had no inkling whatsoever about the origins of the money transferred to the LLC, but as Sutton said, the courts won’t care. She signed off on it; she now owns it. Ignorance is no defense. And when Rinna said she signs things blindly on the basis of Harry’s say-so and that “everyone does it” (paraphrase) — again, just because you love and trust someone, that might not always mean they’re acting in YOUR best interests, and it’s YOU who will be on the hook for whatever happens.

Looking forward to next week.

There are two separate problems facing Erika as she is dealing with civil and criminal liability. 

It doesn’t matter whether or not Erika knew anything for the purposes of the civil liability. She will be forced to repay all of the money that was transferred to her fraudulently AND she has no claim to any of what assets there are in the marital estate. This is what Erika is attempting to prevent because she would be on the hook for at least $25 million that was loaned to her corporation and might be liable for all of the approximately $58 million Tom owes. 

Criminal liability would be harder to prove and so prison time is less of a concern to her. Ruth Madoff wasn’t charged for any criminal activities but she lost everything.  Tre was not liable criminally for Joe’s actions but for Tre signing fraudulent bankruptcy papers when she had a lawyer assisting her and warning her. Jen Shah’s husband doesn’t appear to have any criminal charges against him but would probably lose any of the money or assets Jen Shah had accumulated. 

• Useful 12
  • Love 2

If Erika shrugs her shoulders when ordered to return the money ("I don't have it"), will she face garnished income forever?

I'm suspecting some of her online "fans" are bought and paid for, like Chrissy Teigen does.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

If Erika shrugs her shoulders when ordered to return the money ("I don't have it"), will she face garnished income forever?

I'm suspecting some of her online "fans" are bought and paid for, like Chrissy Teigen does.

I know people pay for followers but do they pay for people to comment and offer support. 

Support for her seems more prevalent in her social media stuff than in sites like this which discuss the housewives and people are more knowledgeable. 

New York Magazine has recaps by Brian Moylan who wrote her memoir. He is getting a lot of blowback from the commentators regarding his bias. Unfortunately his recaps have suffered because of his pro Erika bias because he is a really witty writer and his recaps were great.  The comments are worth reading every week though as they are generally in a pretty high level. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, amarante said:

There are two separate problems facing Erika as she is dealing with civil and criminal liability. 

It doesn’t matter whether or not Erika knew anything for the purposes of the civil liability. She will be forced to repay all of the money that was transferred to her fraudulently AND she has no claim to any of what assets there are in the marital estate. This is what Erika is attempting to prevent because she would be on the hook for at least $25 million that was loaned to her corporation and might be liable for all of the approximately $58 million Tom owes. 

Criminal liability would be harder to prove and so prison time is less of a concern to her. Ruth Madoff wasn’t charged for any criminal activities but she lost everything.  Tre was not liable criminally for Joe’s actions but for Tre signing fraudulent bankruptcy papers when she had a lawyer assisting her and warning her. Jen Shah’s husband doesn’t appear to have any criminal charges against him but would probably lose any of the money or assets Jen Shah had accumulated. 

If she loses everything and has to go back to waitressing that would be good enough for me. It may be a little harder this time around to snag a sugar daddy, though.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
On 8/14/2021 at 12:17 PM, amarante said:

I know people pay for followers but do they pay for people to comment and offer support. 

Support for her seems more prevalent in her social media stuff than in sites like this which discuss the housewives and people are more knowledgeable. 

New York Magazine has recaps by Brian Moylan who wrote her memoir. He is getting a lot of blowback from the commentators regarding his bias. Unfortunately his recaps have suffered because of his pro Erika bias because he is a really witty writer and his recaps were great.  The comments are worth reading every week though as they are generally in a pretty high level. 

Do you happen to have a link please?

1 hour ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

Do you happen to have a link please?

The link for New York Magazine is nymag.com and their cultural stuff can also be accessed more directly by going to vulture.com  

Here are Moylan’s recaps for this season

https://www.vulture.com/tv/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/

He also recaps RHNY and those are also well done and very snarky. Potomac and Orange County are also recapped but with different writers. Once you are in the site, you can find them if you are interested.

I subscribe to New York Magazine and I think there is a limit to how many articles you can read if you aren’t a subscriber. 

His book about the housewives shows was recently published and is a very easy fast read  

• Love 2
7 hours ago, amarante said:

The link for New York Magazine is nymag.com and their cultural stuff can also be accessed more directly by going to vulture.com  

Here are Moylan’s recaps for this season

https://www.vulture.com/tv/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/

He also recaps RHNY and those are also well done and very snarky. Potomac and Orange County are also recapped but with different writers. Once you are in the site, you can find them if you are interested.

I subscribe to New York Magazine and I think there is a limit to how many articles you can read if you aren’t a subscriber. 

His book about the housewives shows was recently published and is a very easy fast read  

Thank you!

I accidently posted this on the Rinna thread so I am reposting it here: 

I think Sutton is concerned that they will all be subpoenaed.   I think this is a legitimate concern, along with the roasting one might get on social media for being friends with a person who steals from the vulnerable just to spend it on frivolous makeup and hair.

• Useful 3
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, tranquilidade said:

I think Sutton is concerned that they will all be subpoenaed.   I think this is a legitimate concern, along with the roasting one might get on social media for being friends with a person who steals from the vulnerable just to spend it on frivolous makeup and hair.

Yeah on another board, some were speculating that Sutton probably got back from La Quinta and called her attorney immediately to ask if there was any grounds for her to be dragged into this. And the attorney maybe said no but probably advised her it's best to keep her distance from Erika. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Lizzing said:

What I find weird is the Aftershow on YouTube and Rinna is no where to be found.  I get Erika is out, but why mouthy mouth Rinna?  

Probably because her lips are not helping the show.  They should be thanking RHONY for keeping them just in the trash column and not the WTF do we do - I think that is saved for RHOSLC

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Slakkie said:

Probably because her lips are not helping the show.  They should be thanking RHONY for keeping them just in the trash column and not the WTF do we do - I think that is saved for RHOSLC

RHOSLC is back in September with their resident criminal featured in the previews. Of course we should have learned from the Guidice's where BRAVO's moral compass is.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Yeah on another board, some were speculating that Sutton probably got back from La Quinta and called her attorney immediately to ask if there was any grounds for her to be dragged into this. And the attorney maybe said no but probably advised her it's best to keep her distance from Erika. 

I am pretty certain I read an interview with Sutton or a transcript of her appearance somewhere in which she said she did indeed talk to an attorney.

Being deposed is not something anyone would willingly want. Most people who are deposed actually hire attorneys to make sure they are protected in the deposition. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Jel said:

Is la Quinta house Kim’s goddam house that Kyle stole? Or did she steal Kim’s goddam house, flip it for a profit and then buy this house? 

Are you being sarcastic?

Kyle didn’t steal the house. When the house was left to the three sisters, it was appraised and Kim decided to sell her interest to Kyle and I think Kathy also did. For many years Kyle paid taxes, maintained the house and also improved it.  Kim and her family were free to use it and it was used as a gathering place for the family.

Kim in her alcoholic delusion decided that being paid the fair market value of her share was not adequate since the hime had appreciated in value while Kyle owned it.  This would ignore that Kim, made no financial contributions to the upkeep of the home at any time. 

The home in La Quinta is a new purchase as the other home was a fairly modest home with a relatively low fair market value. This would be especially true since it was sold before Palm Springs real estate became super heated.

Kyle is one of the wealthiest of the housewives as her husband owns a major real estate agency. She bought a condo for Kim which is probably worth at least as much as the house and essentially supports Kim. You might not like Kyle but that stupid charge hurled by a drunk ungrateful jealous Kim was just not true. 

The original house wasn’t flipped.  It was owned for a number of years and then sold.  Kyle is wealthy enough that the she didn’t have to sell a modest home in order to upgrade.  Your use of the term flipping implies something shady going on to cut Kim out of profits when it was sold. If someone buys you out at fair market value and you then maintain the hime and pay taxes, you don’t owe the person who used to own the home anything if the hime has increased in value. Most homes increase in value in ten years or so which is at least as long as Kyie owned the house. They paid Kathy for her share ajd she has never said that Kyle stole her house. 😂😂

Edited by amarante
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
24 minutes ago, Thumper said:

So if I understand, this is a new home Kyle and Mauricio bought after selling the former Kyle/Kim/ Kathy house?

They don’t own the house which the three sisters inherited because Kyie sold it several years ago.

Kyie and Mauricio bought the house in La Quinta a few years ago.

They could afford to buy to buy a much nicer home and that is what they did. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, amarante said:

Are you being sarcastic?

Kyle didn’t steal the house. When the house was left to the three sisters, it was appraised and Kim decided to sell her interest to Kyle and I think Kathy also did. For many years Kyle paid taxes, maintained the house and also improved it.  Kim and her family were free to use it and it was used as a gathering place for the family.

Kim in her alcoholic delusion decided that being paid the fair market value of her share was not adequate since the hime had appreciated in value while Kyle owned it.  This would ignore that Kim, made no financial contributions to the upkeep of the home at any time. 

The home in La Quinta is a new purchase as the other home was a fairly modest home with a relatively low fair market value. This would be especially true since it was sold before Palm Springs real estate became super heated.

Kyle is one of the wealthiest of the housewives as her husband owns a major real estate agency. She bought a condo for Kim which is probably worth at least as much as the house and essentially supports Kim. You might not like Kyle but that stupid charge hurled by a drunk ungrateful jealous Kim was just not true. 

The original house wasn’t flipped.  It was owned for a number of years and then sold.  Kyle is wealthy enough that the she didn’t have to sell a modest home in order to upgrade.  Your use of the term flipping implies something shady going on to cut Kim out of profits when it was sold. If someone buys you out at fair market value and you then maintain the hime and pay taxes, you don’t owe the person who used to own the home anything if the hime has increased in value. Most homes increase in value in ten years or so which is at least as long as Kyie owned the house. They paid Kathy for her share ajd she has never said that Kyle stole her house. 😂😂

I really just wanted to know if it was the same house. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 6

The fact that people still believe that Kyle stole Kim's house, despite the fact that on camera, Kyle and Kim discussed how, in fact, Kyle did not steal the house and that Kim received fair market value for selling her interest in the house, says something about the staying power of misinformation. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, Jel said:

I really just wanted to know if it was the same house. 

Seriously, who doesn’t love saying “you stole my goddamn house!” I think we all know at this point she didn’t, it doesn’t make it less funny!! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, JD5166 said:

Seriously, who doesn’t love saying “you stole my goddamn house!” I think we all know at this point she didn’t, it doesn’t make it less funny!! 

Exacalacaly @JD5166 . You get me 😉

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, JD5166 said:

True! Even Kyle joked about it in a recent episode. lol

I wish the thread for tonight's episode would unlock. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Who knew Sutton would be the voice of reason and truth, she even has notes y’all! 
STFU Rinna, you believed Brandi over your supposed BF Denise. 

Seriously, Rinna didn't give a rat's ass about her friend's feelings, marriage or reputation last season. She led the pack ganging up on her over her sex life on national television. 

Oh Sutton, I love you. Finally!!!

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 13

On another superficial note, I love the exterior and grounds of Kyle’s new home.   However, the interior isn’t a favorite of mine.  That neon sign is ridiculous for a family home, tacky, like Erika.

• Love 5
On 8/14/2021 at 1:29 AM, emmawoodhouse said:

20 thousand? Try 20 MILLION. Maybe even more. That is the amount in the early reports the ladies are reading about in these last couple of episodes.

Right, lol.  I’m not used to talking about millions.

• LOL 2
16 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I have to say that Kyle’s outfit at Dorit’s house is a crime.  The pants especially.  Even Kyle looks uncomfortable wearing them.

she looked like lego people in those pants.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 8/17/2021 at 9:41 PM, Jel said:

Is la Quinta house Kim’s goddam house that Kyle stole? Or did she steal Kim’s goddam house, flip it for a profit and then buy this house? 

I think they flipped Kim's goddamn house, sold it and bought this current house that we see now.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, goofygirl said:

I think they flipped Kim's goddamn house, sold it and bought this current house that we see now.

Thank you, Goofygirl! Have we ever seen the original goddam stolen house on the show? 

Sign me,

Never leaving the deed to my goddam house alone in a room with Kyle. 

• LOL 6
13 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Just shows how misinformation never dies on the internet and why Sutton is rightfully concerned about how rumors and innuendos can ruin a reputation.

The three sisters inherited the house. The house was appraised and Kyle paid the appraised value to Kathy and Kim and became the owner of the house many years ago. 

During that time she paid taxes, maintenance and improved the house. Kim and her family often stayed there. Generally when siblings inherit the parents' house, it has to be sold because it is not realistic to have the home owned and maintained by multiple people who have different interests and income. Kyle wanted to keep the home in the family so she bought it and during ownership Kim and her family were welcome to stay as if she still owned it.

Kim in her alcoholic delusions resented that Kyle was living a stable life. 

The house wasn't flipped which implies getting a house at a cheap price and deliberately improving it to sell it quickly at a profit. It was sold more than a decade after the initial buy out of the sisters. 

Kim wasn't cheated out of anything. She is now living in a lovely condo which was purchased for her by Kyle because Kim is incapable of supporting herself. 

Edited by amarante
  • Useful 3
  • Love 7
On 8/14/2021 at 7:35 AM, HelloOutThere said:

I’m with you. As a gay man in LA, I had never once heard of Erica Jayne before this show. And I’m no stranger to dance clubs and circuit parties where her hits were played. I mean; yes, I’m sure her songs were played. But it’s not as if the crowds recognized or cared who recorded them like they do with actual true popular artists.

Even after she joined the show, she didn’t seem to develop a big following in the LGBTQ community here. Meanwhile, LVP became like royalty to the LA gay community after she started on the show. Many many other housewives from across the franchises seem to have bigger followings than EJ. Even Vicki Fucking Gulvanson!! I’ve been to 2 events at which EJ performed — in one case she was the headliner — and again, nobody seemed to care. 

Of course, this is just my experience and I of course don’t claim to speak for the entire LGBTQ community in Los Angeles! But it does make me think that her career was even more of a sham than we originally thought — fully funded by victim and widow money, completely thrown down the drain for nothing but Erica’s vanity. Absolutely disgusting. 

Thank you for sharing this with us. I find is both comical and sad at the same time, that these Howives probably think Erika is an "icon of the gay community" when they're not even part of that community themselves, ergo they're speaking out they're collectives asses as per usual. Why would anyone find her 'performances' worth knowing about. She's so bad it's not even funny. It's just sad. She is the poster child of a gold digger who's husband funds her foibles to keep her occupied, much like giving a cat or dog a toy to play with. Ditto DUHrit's 'swimsuit line, Vyle's plethora of failed businesses, etc.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, amarante said:

Just shows how misinformation never dies on the internet and why Sutton is rightfully concerned about how rumors and innuendos can ruin a reputation.

The three sisters inherited the house. The house was appraised and Kyle paid the appraised value to Kathy and Kim and became the owner of the house many years ago. 

During that time she paid taxes, maintenance and improved the house. Kim and her family often stayed there. Generally when siblings inherit the parents' house, it has to be sold because it is not realistic to have the home owned and maintained by multiple people who have different interests and income. Kyle wanted to keep the home in the family so she bought it and during ownership Kim and her family were welcome to stay as if she still owned it.

Kim in her alcoholic delusions resented that Kyle was living a stable life. 

The house wasn't flipped which implies getting a house at a cheap price and deliberately improving it to sell it quickly at a profit. It was sold more than a decade after the initial buy out of the sisters. 

Kim wasn't cheated out of anything. She is now living in a lovely condo which was purchased for her by Kyle because Kim is incapable of supporting herself. 

I watched season 1 but never thought what Kim said would haunt Kyle to this day. At the time I was floored by what Kyle said about Kim, now I feel bad for Kyle. What Kim said was so damaging. People have empathy for alcoholics, not so much for thieves who steal from their own family.

I know everyone likes to shit on Kyle and the GD house jokes can be funny, but does anyone actually believe Kim? She never had anything to back up her claim. What Kyle said on the other hand made perfect sense. I think Kyle can be a lot of things, but I don't think she'd steal her sister's house. 

That said, I'm still suspicious of Mauricio. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 3