Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E12: Circle of Distrust

• Start Topic

56 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Here comes a stupid question as I don’t know the law.  If Tom’s Firm received the settlement money for the burn victims and widows and orphans, and they didn’t get it, aren’t the Partners asking where the money is?  Didn’t Tom have to report to the firm?  Did his firm split the money for themselves also?  Are the attorneys for the victims asking where the checks are as their clients didn’t receive anything?  I don’t get all of this.

According to the documentary “The housewife and the Hustler” the settlement money after the lawyers take goes into escrow and is not to be touched by the firm. Somehow greedy Ghiradi got his hands on it. This docu was so upsetting. If featured some of the clients he robbed. Heartbreaking. I hope the two of them do jail time. They’re the worst

• Useful 2
  • Love 19
9 minutes ago, Lady of nod said:

According to the documentary “The housewife and the Hustler” the settlement money after the lawyers take goes into escrow and is not to be touched by the firm. Somehow greedy Ghiradi got his hands on it. This docu was so upsetting. If featured some of the clients he robbed. Heartbreaking. I hope the two of them do jail time. They’re the worst

Thanks !   I’m trying to get on Hulu again, but it’s very technical and have to wait for one of my kids to do it.  I’m dying to see the story.  Unfortunately, Netflix doesn’t have it.

Edited by kristen111
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, Marley said:

I don’t get why they were making faces at Kathy reading the menu either. Lisa was being weird and Sutton was making like a gag face. Everything Kathy was saying sounded good except for the yucky sweet potato stuff.

I don’t really get the Tom stuff either. How did he get away with it for so long? The victims must’ve been wondering where their money is. Tom and Erika are disgusting tho. Maybe Erika didn’t know all the details but she prob didn’t care and knew something was going on but just wanted to keep the money rolling in. She’s such a stupid fake bitch. Why did the bar bury complaints for him? I guess this is getting off topic.

It was a Ponzi scheme so for many years it worked because he would have enough coming in to pay off until it all collapsed.

He was also borrowing enormous amounts from companies that specialize in lending to law firms with contingent practices like Girardi. He was defrauding the lenders by pledging the same collateral to multiple lenders. And it worked, until it didn’t which is what happens with all Ponzi schemes inevitably. 😏

There have been allegations against the firm for many years but Tom was in bed with the Bar official who was supposed to be keeping tabs so he got away with it. 

All of this isn’t disputed.  The burn victim has a $12 million judgment against Tom.  The issue is tracking down whatever assets there are to pay off the approximately $58 million owed to his creditors.  That is why Erika is so frantically trying to create some kind of fiction distancing herself from the scam but it won’t work because anything that she got will be clawed back and she is the deep pockets.  She could theoretically get liens against all her earnings for years because of the fraud.

Edited by amarante
  • Useful 5
  • Love 19
30 minutes ago, Marley said:

I don’t get why they were making faces at Kathy reading the menu either. Lisa was being weird and Sutton was making like a gag face. Everything Kathy was saying sounded good except for the yucky sweet potato stuff.

I don’t really get the Tom stuff either. How did he get away with it for so long? The victims must’ve been wondering where their money is. Tom and Erika are disgusting tho. Maybe Erika didn’t know all the details but she prob didn’t care and knew something was going on but just wanted to keep the money rolling in. She’s such a stupid fake bitch. Why did the bar bury complaints for him? I guess this is getting off topic.

No, it’s very interesting.  There’s lots I didn’t know.  Erika fake sobbing.  She’s sobbing for herself.  She always looked like a cold bitch.  The way she spoke to Sutton saying “ill be coming for you” speaks volumes about her.  That was a threat.  Being from N.Y., there wasn’t too much in the papers like in California I gather.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 5
41 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

No, it’s very interesting.  There’s lots I didn’t know.  Erika fake sobbing.  She’s sobbing for herself.  She always looked like a cold bitch.  The way she spoke to Sutton saying “ill be coming for you” speaks volumes about her.  That was a threat.  Being from N.Y., there wasn’t too much in the papers like in California I gather.

P.K. was right when he said Erika was inherently cold.

• Love 24
14 hours ago, nexxie said:

All I see in Dorit’s designer name splashed outfits is an idiotic sucker. I feel sorry for those sweet kids being raised by a shallow twit of a mother and a con artist father. No wonder Dorit relates to Erika - shallow twit and con artist rolled into one.

Will their 'precious' children be homeless when the IRS and the CA Franchise Tax Board come for PK and Dorit over the $1.3M they owe in back taxes? 

Dorit lecturing Erika over her finances is especially rich. Especially since it's rumored that the house they just moved into in Encino is up for sale--assuming they actually bought it in the first place and aren't renting.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, dmeets said:

That was a surprisingly mature discussion about race (although Door-it continues to be the worst). But I suspect the only reason it happened at all was that Kathy was trying to re-ignite tensions between Sutton and Crystal now that the Tomasina joke had to be put to pasture. Thankfully neither took the bait.

Absolutely! That was my first thought as well. Kathy can provide funny moments sometimes but she definitely likes to stir the pot, especially when Sutton is involved.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, dmeets said:

Lisa wishes she had an ounce of the wit and talent of Brett Somers.

I’m with you!  I loved Brett Sommers on “Match Game.”  She and Charles Nelson Reilly were a hoot together! ❤️

• Love 10
6 hours ago, chlban said:

Good, they will have an income when she gets booted from this show. I still like Harry.

Those acrylic nails won't pay for themselves 😄

3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

It all came to a head this year but It didn’t happen that quickly. A lot of this litigation has gone on for years but the system helped it not be front and center and in the press. The California bar has been burying complaints for years because of his influence and same with several of the lawsuits which have been ongoing.

My theory is still that Erika knew the shit was going to hit the fan and got out while the gettin was good.  She planned to be long gone with angry, vindictive Tom "never speaking to her again" but the reckoning came too soon, so now she's playing car accident/personality change/dementia/whatever she thinks people will believe.

3 hours ago, Marley said:

Oh that sweet potato casserole is fantastic!!!

• Love 5
4 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Not a stupid question. Looking at stuff on the web, it sounds like Girardi Keese was a pretty shady firm, which may explain why it imploded so quickly and declared bankruptcy. For all we know, Tom may have just gotten too greedy. And there are several lawsuits about money pending against the firm — hence, bankruptcy.

I’ll try to find some links and post. May take a while. New at this.

Ok .. OMG, It took me an hour to navigate getting back on Hulu with the help of a great rep.  All to watch Erika and Toms movie.  Everything was explained perfectly, and I don’t think I can look at her anymore.  All money intended to the victims was put in special accounts by Tom to be kept safe.  Meanwhile, he was using the money for himself and Erika.  One burn victim, you could cry.  Tom kept stalling and giving a line of bullshit.  Erika didn’t care where it was coming from.  She just kept taking.  Cold hearted bitch.  Anyone who didn’t see the movie should.  Everything was explained fully.  How she has the gall to be on the show is beyond me.  She is crying for herself and what’s to come.  The rest of them who are coddling her are crazy to do so.  Maybe this story wasn’t out yet as they were still filming months ago before the movie was released.  Thanks to @RoseAllDay.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Rorysmom said:

P.K. was right when he said Erika was inherently cold.

My guess is that due to his “profession” he needs to be a pretty good people-reader. LOL (sorta but not really).

The burn victim’s plight hits close to home for me, literally. I remember the night that gas line exploded—I’m  a few miles south and the helicopter action in the air was crazy. The news footage of the plume of fire and smoke was terrifying. And it was horrific imagining that your friends and family may have been involved and lost their property and lives. It was years before you could drive on those streets again. I can’t imagine that poor burn victim. The Girardis’ fraud and deception is literally insult upon injury. Worse. 

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Absolutely! That was my first thought as well. Kathy can provide funny moments sometimes but she definitely likes to stir the pot, especially when Sutton is involved.

A trait she shares with her sisters

• Love 14
5 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Maybe Rinna is siding with Erika because they're kindred spirits. I wasn't totally team Kim with their drama, but she did not deserve Rinna threatening to fuck her up. 

• Love 11
12 hours ago, dmeets said:

Maybe, but I think she was announced as the lead in the Days of our Lives spinoff for Peacock.

12 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Rinna booked a “Days of our Lives” spinoff recently. And she’s playing the lead character.

From what I heard, the "spinoff" is only 5 episodes, and nobody on a soap (spinoff or otherwise) is a lead. She's just reprising a role she played many years ago. Nothing special at all.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9

The heavy hand of scripting was unusually apparent as they all pretended to just be learning about the LA Times article. In actuality, I think they had time to collect their thoughts ("The assholes are guilty!") before taking their places on set and then mouth their supposed dawning realizations. They are in cahoots with production to carefully advance the story to achieve maximum viewership.

Erika thought she could count on them, with production, to support her efforts to lie and protect herself. When production told Garcelle to poke the bear, Erika realized they were starting to try to poke holes in her on-camera lies.

I agree with the suggestion that Rinna is supporting Erika because they have the same business manager. Rinna is all about the coins.

It's clear to me that Erika and her attorneys/managers are trying to use the show to build a case that she can keep whatever assets she has and that she knew nothing about the fraud. That's one reason why a blind gossip site posited that the date she claimed the divorce/separation was filed is not the real date it happened. Those dates matter.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Useful 4
  • Love 17
On 8/12/2021 at 7:31 AM, Pi237 said:

Between this show and New York, I’m shocked at how dumb some white people still are about race. I knew saying ‘I don’t see color.’ And ‘I/etc Have black friends.’ were ignorant things to say decades ago. How did so many of these women miss that message?! 

Garcelle is a blunt question-asker, but she shouldn’t feel bad about questioning Erika. It’s their jobs. And Erika should know the drill by now. 

I would rather someone asked me these questions to my face instead of speculating with my "friends" behind my back. Garcelle is an Empress!

• Love 12
22 hours ago, chlban said:

While I understand Kathy's comment, attributed to Michael Jackson, about not seeing color,  is now problematic but, in all honesty, it is only in the last couple of years that I became aware of that and why. Kathy is only a few years younger than I am and most if us were raised to believe not seeing color was the goal. So, I did not have the feeling that Kathy meant anything offensive and I think Garcelle did a great job of explaining, not attacking or lecturing.

I agree - it was only in the last 10 years or so that I changed from not seeing color to seeing and appreciating the difference in colors/backgrounds.  I still keep the idea my Mom drilled into me to not judge someone by their outward appearance and to let their true personality lead my opinion.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, ivygirl said:

My guess is that due to his “profession” he needs to be a pretty good people-reader. LOL (sorta but not really).

The burn victim’s plight hits close to home for me, literally. I remember the night that gas line exploded—I’m  a few miles south and the helicopter action in the air was crazy. The news footage of the plume of fire and smoke was terrifying. And it was horrific imagining that your friends and family may have been involved and lost their property and lives. It was years before you could drive on those streets again. I can’t imagine that poor burn victim. The Girardis’ fraud and deception is literally insult upon injury. Worse. 

I lived about an hour South at the time, but my husband worked up there. His construction company rushed to go help as much as they possibly could, and did a lot of the clean up. I remember seeing footage of people running *toward* the huge blast, instead of away, and it was so powerful. Their desire to help others was stronger than their fear.

Our neighborhood had a heavy gas smell, and PGE kept blowing us off, but after San Bruno, suddenly there were trucks and workers everywhere, and the smell went away.

Tom is worse than scum and Erika is just as bad now, for continuing to fight to keep money that could make a huge difference in the burn victim's life. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
14 hours ago, amarante said:

It was a Ponzi scheme so for many years it worked because he would have enough coming in to pay off until it all collapsed.

He was also borrowing enormous amounts from companies that specialize in lending to law firms with contingent practices like Girardi. He was defrauding the lenders by pledging the same collateral to multiple lenders. And it worked, until it didn’t which is what happens with all Ponzi schemes inevitably. 😏

There have been allegations against the firm for many years but Tom was in bed with the Bar official who was supposed to be keeping tabs so he got away with it. 

All of this isn’t disputed.  The burn victim has a $12 million judgment against Tom.  The issue is tracking down whatever assets there are to pay off the approximately $58 million owed to his creditors.  That is why Erika is so frantically trying to create some kind of fiction distancing herself from the scam but it won’t work because anything that she got will be clawed back and she is the deep pockets.  She could theoretically get liens against all her earnings for years because of the fraud.

Plus, Tom gave her 20 million to put in her account.  What’s going to happen with that?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I have never disliked Erika as far as her personality and role among the other chicks or her marriage or music — in fact, I liked her — but oyyyy, she is all over the place in her and making a mess with this shit. That said, I don’t buy into the “an innocent person wouldn’t act like that” thing. Cops and profilers and people like that will tell you that, while there are suspicious behaviors and reactions, there’s no one way to “act” that’s “correct” for everyone.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

The heavy hand of scripting was unusually apparent as they all pretended to just be learning about the LA Times article. In actuality, I think they had time to collect their thoughts ("The assholes are guilty!") before taking their places on set and then mouth their supposed dawning realizations. They are in cahoots with production to carefully advance the story to achieve maximum viewership.

Erika thought she could count on them, with production, to support her efforts to lie and protect herself. When production told Garcelle to poke the bear, Erika realized they were starting to try to poke holes in her on-camera lies.

I agree with the suggestion that Rinna is supporting Erika because they have the same business manager. Rinna is all about the coins.

It's clear to me that Erika and her attorneys/managers are trying to use the show to build a case that she can keep whatever assets she has and that she knew nothing about the fraud. That's one reason why a blind gossip site posited that the date she claimed the divorce/separation was filed is not the real date it happened. Those dates matter.

She still thinks she’s a Star and will continue the shows.  That’s how arrogant she is.  If everyone would see what the burn victim went thru and will still go thru, makes you want to cry.  He will be in and out of surgeries for many years to come.  And SHE’S crying?

• Love 23
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

She still thinks she’s a Star and will continue the shows.  That’s how arrogant she is.  If everyone would see what the burn victim went thru and will still go thru, makes you want to cry.  He will be in and out of surgeries for many years to come.  And SHE’S crying?

The end scenes of that young man with his horrible scarring, needing constant medical treatment for the rest of his life to survive and his inner strength will forever be emblazoned into my brain.

Fuck the Girardis.  I hope they both rot away in prison.  No amount of suffering either of them will go through would ever even come close to the suffering with which that young man deals on a daily basis.  

For anyone who hasn't yet seen it, I highly recommend watching Housewife and the Hustler on Hulu.  If you don't have Hulu, IMO, it would be worthwhile to sign up for the free trial just to watch this documentary.  It illustrates in great detail their crimes against humanity.  

• Love 21
40 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

The end scenes of that young man with his horrible scarring, needing constant medical treatment for the rest of his life to survive and his inner strength will forever be emblazoned into my brain.

Fuck the Girardis.  I hope they both rot away in prison.  No amount of suffering either of them will go through would ever even come close to the suffering with which that young man deals on a daily basis.  

For anyone who hasn't yet seen it, I highly recommend watching Housewife and the Hustler on Hulu.  If you don't have Hulu, IMO, it would be worthwhile to sign up for the free trial just to watch this documentary.  It illustrates in great detail their crimes against humanity.  

I will occasionally drop by Erika's instagram page when I read about some outrageous tone deaf post like the widows and orphans one in which she proclaims herself as some kind of martyr nailed to the cross. 

I don't understand who her fan base is - all kidding aside about Mikey posting 😃 She wasn't my cup of tea prior to all of this but I accept that people are fans of different housewives but I just don't get it. 

• Love 17
23 minutes ago, amarante said:

I will occasionally drop by Erika's instagram page when I read about some outrageous tone deaf post like the widows and orphans one in which she proclaims herself as some kind of martyr nailed to the cross. 

I don't understand who her fan base is - all kidding aside about Mikey posting 😃 She wasn't my cup of tea prior to all of this but I accept that people are fans of different housewives but I just don't get it. 

I don't get it, either.

I've not cared for her since she joined the cast.  She has always carried herself as if she were inexplicably "above" the other housewives and I never understood why.  It's as if a room lights up after she exits instead of when she enters.  Her transactional marriage was just a couple of steps above this mess.  

ans2.jpg

• LOL 2
  • Love 18
2 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I don't get it, either.

I've not cared for her since she joined the cast.  She has always carried herself as if she were inexplicably "above" the other housewives and I never understood why.  It's as if a room lights up after she exits instead of when she enters.  Her transactional marriage was just a couple of steps above this mess.  

ans2.jpg

Just to be clear, that's a picture of Anna-Nicole Smith, right?

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Just to be clear, that's a picture of Anna-Nicole Smith, right?

Yes, with her sugar daddy J. Howard Marshall.

Actually, as it turns out, ANS and JHM were a few steps above the Girardis as his fortune was not amassed through the suffering of widows, orphans and burn victims.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 22
41 minutes ago, amarante said:

I liked her from a watch-on-tv standpoint, but not as an actual person. She's always seemed so aloof and yes, as if she were superior to everyone, which is interesting on tv, but far too annoying and volatile to want to know irl. But (there's always one!) after all this, I have zero interest or respect for her and she can now get off my tv and go away.

I've seen some of the butt kissy comments from browsing Twitter on that attorney's page, and the blind devotion on display from some is surprising and sad. I don't get it, either. Do they believe she gives a shit if they support her with throw away comments on SM? How can they have no empathy or compassion for the many many victims of Tom's? I understand possibly giving her benefit of doubt at the beginning, but surely not now?

Edited by WhatAmIWatching
To is not so
  • Love 10
35 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Yes, with her sugar daddy J. Howard Marshall.

Actually, as it turns out, ANS and JHM were a few steps above the Girardis as his fortune was not amassed through the suffering of widows, orphans and burn victims.  

Anna was a sweet girl. Looks and sugar daddy aside, she was really different from Erika.

• Love 19
On 8/11/2021 at 8:29 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

Garacile explained it perfectly just because you were raised with I didnt see color doesn't mean I didnt experience it.. has a white person no you didnt have to see color cause that wasnt your struggle .... I love Sutton stayed quiet this time 

i love Garcelle's style.  She explains why it matters but she doesn't do it derisively.  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

Bravo ran season 3 Wednesday. I made the mistake of watching a couple episodes. It is shocking how bad this show has become. Do better Bravo!

Dana talking to Taylor about how Brandi wasn’t on “par” with them while drunk off her ass and not being able to light her cigarette killed me.. I was watching it too :p

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • LOL 5
On 8/11/2021 at 8:50 PM, WhatAmIWatching said:

Well, last time there was an article Rinna needed Dorit to pronounce the hard words. She also had to have Erika read the croquet set up instructions. I really wonder how well she can read...or maybe she can't see and is too vain to wear glasses?

Or maybe she's dyslexic.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

Bravo ran season 3 Wednesday. I made the mistake of watching a couple episodes. It is shocking how bad this show has become. Do better Bravo!

My DVR picked this up and I'm watching it now.

I'm up to the Taylor getting her assets (wedding ring and Birkin bags (which turned out to be fake) taken to help settle a debt and Brandi spilling the beans about Paul and Adrienne's kids being from a surrogate.  I found these story lines to be interesting.

Now....not so much.  

• Love 6
Just now, Persnickety1 said:

My DVR picked this up and I'm watching it now.

I'm up to the Taylor getting her assets (wedding ring and Birkin bags (which turned out to be fake) taken to help settle a debt and Brandi spilling the beans about Paul and Adrienne's kids being from a surrogate.  I found these story lines to be interesting.

Now....not so much.  

Yolanda I didn’t remember being such a shit stirring bitch but on rewatch she really was 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Anna was a sweet girl. Looks and sugar daddy aside, she was really different from Erika.

Oh yes, no comparison.

I was just pointing out the much older wealthy spouse and the golddigging other spouse and wondering why Erika felt so superior for having her money via a transactional marriage.  She always seemed to have a haughty air about her, as if her golddigging skills made her superior to the other wives.  

I don't think ANS had a mean bone in her body.  She was so tragic. 

(Sort of off topic, but I always thought she deserved what JHM had left her in his will.  He wanted her to have that money and once he passed, his family circled with their attorneys and robbed her of that money and defied their father's wishes, in my opinion.)

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Yolanda I didn’t remember being such a shit stirring bitch but on rewatch she really was 

I don't think I'm far enough to have seen that yet.  I'm going to feast on Chinese takeout and have a marathon of this crap tonight.

Oh, for anyone interested, I did see a Bravo commercial that starting Monday, they are showing complete Season 1 episodes for their top-rated shows.  I looked up quickly enough to see a couple of housewives franchises, Below Deck and a couple of others.  Anyone interested might want to set up their DVR for it.  

Happy Friday, my friends  🥂

36 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Dana talking to Taylor about how Brandi wasn’t on “par” with them while drunk off her ass and not being able to light her cigarette killed me.. I was watching it too :p

Oh gawd, is this the season of Pam/Dana?  

I cannot wait.  "See these sunglasses?  Ten thousand dollars!"  

24 minutes ago, OdinO. said:

Or maybe she's dyslexic.

I'm a terrible person so I always just assume she's flying high on Adderall or Ritalin.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

I loathe her so much, I find it hard to remember my manners and compassion with anything regarding The Rinner. I'm completely awful!

No, you are not awful. The Rinner is awful. 

• Love 15
14 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

I am so sorry, I never even thought of that!

I loathe her so much, I find it hard to remember my manners and compassion with anything regarding The Rinner. I'm completely awful!

She's spent her adult life reading scripts - I'm going with intellectually lazy 😁

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Thumper said:

I’ve been a sporadic BH viewer.  The toxicity between Kim and Kyle bothered me and I totally stopped when Brandy was on.  

I only started watching again because of Erika and Tom.  I don’t care for the others as they are too pretentious.  I can’t relate.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I hope she has to give the 20 thousand back and all her clothes, etc.  Unless it went bye bye and hidden somewhere.  I don’t understand how people think they can get away with this shit.  I hope her big career is over also.  Let her 50 year old ass get on the pole again in Jersey, if she doesn’t go to jail.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

I hope she has to give the 20 thousand back and all her clothes, etc.  Unless it went bye bye and hidden somewhere.  I don’t understand how people think they can get away with this shit.  I hope her big career is over also.  Let her 50 year old ass get on the pole again in Jersey, if she doesn’t go to jail.

20 thousand? Try 20 MILLION. Maybe even more. That is the amount in the early reports the ladies are reading about in these last couple of episodes.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
Thought this was the Erika thread.
  • Love 14