Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E12: Circle of Distrust

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

LOL can someone explain Boy George's involvement in that phone call between Dorit and PK?!

PK's one verified job is managing Boy George.  Not sure just how that provides the lifestyle where Dorit never handles a dish, but whatever. 

13 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

I’m on a no carb diet. And last week and this, all I could do was think about f’ing tacos!! Damnit.

Same!!

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

She has aged herself with this outfit and the glasses.  She looks like the 70 yr old “hip and groovy “ grandma that was hermetically sealed in a time capsule circa Boca Raton, 1973. Are the glasses because she is high as a kite?  She is acting more manic than usual.

WWHL: that is exactly what I was thinking. She was so shrill and manic and hyper that I really think she was on drugs of some type. I think the glasses were perhaps to conceal some face work that didn’t go so well, perhaps fillers. Her face was puffed up like the Joker and looked shiny and raw. She is beyond obnoxious.

AC21A96E-CE43-428C-801C-6C113A6C2AB2.jpeg

Edited by Mar
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
7 hours ago, nexxie said:

All I see in Dorit’s designer name splashed outfits is an idiotic sucker. I feel sorry for those sweet kids being raised by a shallow twit of a mother and a con artist father. No wonder Dorit relates to Erika - shallow twit and con artist rolled into one.

No worries I'm sure that Dorit (who has probably changed a diaper as often as rinsing a dish) and PK are leaving the heavy lifting of child raising up to the nannys. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, amarante said:

The whole thing about how Tom calls her being an issue is inscrutable. If Erika hadn't meant such a huge deal about it, no one would have thought it odd. No matter how "cold" a husband theoretically is, if the wife disappears one morning after theoretically dropping you off at work with a kiss and I love you, most husbands would attempt to call the wife to find out what was going on. 

I would have thought it odd and would have said so here 😄. Because she had already told them that Hard Ass Lawyer Tom would Never Ever call, forgive or speak to her again!!!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

I agree with you that her fashion sense is way better than Dorit, Her body type might not always work with the clothes, but she still looks well put together and not flashy/tacky like Dorit, 

Most of the time Dorit looks to me like she is on her way to a costume party. And all that label crap is just tacky, IMO.

• Love 17

Was Sutton wearing pajamas with heels and a cashmere scarf in the after-trip-at-home scene?   Because that's what it looked like to me.  

And Rinna's fashion looked like hell the entire episode but what was that fur stole thing she had on at Dorit's house?   My grandmother had something similar from the 1940s.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

I am starting to think there is something legit wrong with Rinna.  I can't with her forced manic behavior.  Watch older eps.  It wasn't this bad.  She is losing her fucking mind.  

The WWCL guys speculate that because she has not booked a legitimate (for her) acting job in ages, she’s pouring out the extreme emotions on this show.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 4
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Eh. She started the conversation by saying her good friend Michael Jackson thought it was okay to not see color. There is no one who understands optics in anyway that thinks that’s a good jumping off point. Kathy is a delusional white lady who has never had to question her reference points. I imagine in a lot of her circles that line still flies.

Didn’t she bring that up a few minutes in? I totally may be misremembering, but I thought out of nowhere she said “so you said you don’t see color” or “you had a problem with I don’t see color” (LOL, I can’t remember if it was directed at Crystal or Sutton). What the heck made her even start that conversation. It was so random. Editing perhaps? 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

The deference given to Erika is gross.  Who the fuck is Erika Girardi?  A paid for aging wanna be.  What power does she hold?  Maybe in cell block whatever she will be a heavy hitter but now?  She is prison bound or at least should be.  She is powerless.  Treat her as such next time she chews someone's head off.  Just laugh in her face.  Whatcha gonna do jailbird?  Add assault to future charges?  

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47s0rzs664pndh70t531

• LOL 20
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

The WWCL guys speculate that because she has not booked a legitimate (for her) acting job in ages, she’s pouring out the extreme emotions on this show.

Maybe, but I think she was announced as the lead in the Days of our Lives spinoff for Peacock.

I think she's just frantically digging her heels since she decided to go all in on Erika. Doesn't explain her continued face mutilation, however.

Didn’t she bring that up a few minutes in? I totally may be misremembering, but I thought out of nowhere she said “so you said you don’t see color” or “you had a problem with I don’t see color” (LOL, I can’t remember if it was directed at Crystal or Sutton). What the heck made her even start that conversation. It was so random. Editing perhaps? 

She and her sister have been the biggest instigators in dragging on the arguments between Sutton and Crystal. I think Kathy was trying to stir shit up again by rehashing the other big argument they'd had in Palm Springs.

Edited by dmeets
  • Love 11
10 minutes ago, Erh3d said:

Not really. It was literally the first thing out of her mouth and came out of nowhere to which Garcelle and Crystal had to respond. 

Kathy saying that wasn’t even anyone’s issue given her age and lifestyle it was that in 2021 she thought name checking Michael fucking Jackson as a credible friend who told her about his was not problematic. 

Edited by biakbiak
1 hour ago, Slakkie said:

Same generation and the way I equate it not really not "seeing" color but not thinking about color.  I mean of course everyone looks different skin / hair /attributes but I do not look at people and go oh you are XXXX so you must be XXX.  With all the virtual working I have worked with people I have never seen - I have no clue what they look like and you know I don't think it makes any difference to me.

So I don't think it is wrong per se.  I think that I may not understand someone's perspective based on their color / ethnicity but at the same time they do not know mine.  So I think it goes both ways but what I appreciated about these ladies vs those in NY (who I stopped watching) is there is a genuine dialogue and genuine conversation and in that people think about other opinions versus just shutting down.

I'm a millennial, but I totally get why some people think of "I don't see color" as positive. I think it was intended to mean that you don't fixate on people's color, which IS racist.

• Love 13
45 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Rinna booked a “Days of our Lives” spinoff recently. And she’s playing the lead character.

24 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I'm a millennial, but I totally get why some people think of "I don't see color" as positive. I think it was intended to mean that you don't fixate on people's color, which IS racist.

White people choosing to not “fixate” on color because it literally doesn’t impact their day to day lives and don’t have to is legit the definition of white privilege which is based on systemic racism.  As Garcelle  said if you acknowledge and want to see her as a woman and not acknowledge her race it’s not acknowledging the basic facts of who she is and her life experience. 

It obviously didn’t come up with these all straight CIS women but those two things being the automatic default is also hugely problematic. I mean their reaction to Harry having acrylics was so crazy over the top of heteronormative bullshit it was also crazy embarrassing.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 9
18 hours ago, bosawks said:

If it’s a puzzle it’s a puzzle with maybe two pieces.

Piece one, Tom’s a crook.

Piece two, Erika could give a rat’s ass about where and how he got his money until it cost her.

Puzzle finished.

the most likely scenario in my opinion, yes. 

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

White people choosing to not “fixate” on color because it literally doesn’t impact their day to day lives and don’t have to is legit the definition of white privilege which is based on systemic racism.  As Garcelle  said if you acknowledge and want to see her as a woman and not acknowledge her race is not acknowledging the basic facts of who she is and her life experience. 

Fixating on someone's race and refusing to acknowledge the experience of a POC are two very different things. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, chlban said:

Most of the time Dorit looks to me like she is on her way to a costume party. And all that label crap is just tacky, IMO.

I wonder if she borrows those crazy designer outfits she wears, they are one and done outfits, she could never get away wearing some of those things twice, right?

Kathy was 100% right about Dorit wearing that Gucci black illusion sequin pants and top thing, she wasted it by wearing to eat take out in, that is a going out ensemble if I ever saw one. 

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Fixating on someone's race and refusing to acknowledge the experience of a POC are two very different things. 

Since the people who have suggested “they don’t see color” literally suggested that their experiences as white women are equivalent to what  Garcelle and Crystal have experienced, I strongly disagree. 

To repeat Dorit didn’t even suggest she had black friends (a cringey cliche/trope that has been rightfully called out for decades) but that her Mother did is so out of this world it’s embarrassing.

I am Dorit’s age I was raised to not make assumptions on people of different races, socio-economic status, genders, their physical or mental abilities, sexuality, etc. I was also raised not to use that a badge of honor/cudgel/defense that needed to be pulled out in conversation when people were different than me.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, gingerella said:

I know those of us of a certain age were taught this but...Kathy Hilton lives in a white 1% privilege bubble and needs to get her head out of her own ass and stop pretending to be confused and confuddled by all this skin color talk. And pulling a conversation out of her privileged ass from Michael Jackson? Really? Has she not heard about the plethora of child molestation accusations? Maybe Michael also didn't see 'age' too.  Jesus, the woman is delusional.

Michael Jackson was Kathy Hilton's childhood best friend. They were neighbors. They even made a childhood vow to name their daughters Paris. LOL. Perhaps she doesn't believe the allegations? Either way - he was her good friend, so I'm okay with her referencing him.  

• Useful 9
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Since the people who have suggested “they don’t see color” literally suggested that their experiences as white women are equivalent to what  Garcelle and Crystal have experienced, I strongly disagree. 

To repeat Dorit didn’t even suggest she had black friends (a cringey cliche/trope that has been rightfully called out for decades) but that her Mother did is so out of this world it’s embarrassing.

It sounds like you're talking specifically about the women on this show who used that expression, and I'm talking about it in general, in particular when it's used by people from the previous generation(s).

I've known people who've used that expression who do care about racial issues and are sensitive toward what minorities go through. I was always team Garcelle and Crystal regarding all racial conversations. I just don't think everyone who says "they don't see color" mean there's no racism or that everyone's experiences are the same. 

I cringed over what Dorit said in last night's episode too. I thought she was more intelligent than that. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Mar said:

WWHL: that is exactly what I was thinking. She was so shrill and manic and hyper that I really think she was on drugs of some type. I think the glasses were perhaps to conceal some face work that didn’t go so well, perhaps fillers. Her face was puffed up like the Joker and looked shiny and raw. She is beyond obnoxious.

AC21A96E-CE43-428C-801C-6C113A6C2AB2.jpeg

Maybe she was on some diet pills...lol

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Yea, it was TOO LONG for them to read, lol.   I know these women aren't well read in general but a newspaper article is too long?  Sutton should have assured them there weren't any big words used, lol. 

I read healthcare copy for a living so I am not afraid of big words and lengthy articles. That said, I’ve done exactly what they did a million times. THAT SAID, if I was on a show of this kind, and these articles were pertinent to my story line, I’d at least pretend!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Rinna booked a “Days of our Lives” spinoff recently. And she’s playing the lead character.

Good, they will have an income when she gets booted from this show. I still like Harry.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, amarante said:

I just wanted to add to the Dorit being almost as tone deaf as Ramona is that when Dorit made the obviously racist statement that her children loved their "brown" nannies and housekeepers and Garcelle challenged her on what people of color came to their house other than household help, Dorit floundered and then said that Garcelle had visited as if that proved that the children experienced a culturally and racially diverse home.😂

I will give Sutton a pass on the "victimless crime" because it was clear that she meant to distinguish between what Tom had done which was to steal from individuals and what is generally meant by "white collar victimless crime" which is to trade on insider information. Ponzi schemes are generally not considered to be white collar crimes although they are financial crimes because there was stealing from actual gullible victims.

I don't buy into the conspiracy theory that Rinna is laundering money for Erika but I do think that her defense of Erika is based on more than her "claim" of having developed over the past year so she no longer feels it is right to act as she did in the past without mercy to her coworkers (or any one else presumably). Rinna and Erika share the same business management firm. At this point in time given what is actually known about Erika and Tom, her continued defense on WWHL makes no sense in terms of her still backing Erika unequivocally. You could take a more neutral position. 

Here is a clip of Rinna last night continuing to defend her defense of Erika and not requiring her to "own it".

https://www.vulture.com/2021/08/watch-lisa-rinna-defend-erika-jayne-drop-f-bombs-on-wwhl.html#_ga=2.267564238.1793690821.1628778630-1519065426.1622489877

PK is hardly a beacon of moral integrity but in his amoral way he completely grasped the situation - you cannot support her if what is alleged is true. What is implicit in that statement is that after The LA Times article you must move back from the whole situation and start saying that you don't have all of the facts but that the alleged facts are reprehensible and that Erika's contradictory statements are suspicious. 

The LA Times article is worth reading just to put things into context in terms of what was known. As Garcelle said, the LA Times is NOT a tabloid of any kind - it is probably one of the respected metropolitan newspapers with many Pulitzers and other awards and it practices serious highly researched accurate reporting. 

Insightful observations - well said.  Thanks.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

White people choosing to not “fixate” on color because it literally doesn’t impact their day to day lives and don’t have to is legit the definition of white privilege which is based on systemic racism.  As Garcelle  said if you acknowledge and want to see her as a woman and not acknowledge her race it’s not acknowledging the basic facts of who she is and her life experience. 

It obviously didn’t come up with these all straight CIS women but those two things being the automatic default is also hugely problematic. I mean their reaction to Harry having acrylics was so crazy over the top of heteronormative bullshit it was also crazy embarrassing.

I am multi racial and don't really think race is one dimensional.  I think everyone has their own understanding of what it is to be what they are.  To think experience is a one size fits all does not work for me.  But that's just me.

• Love 22
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Not really. It was literally the first thing out of her mouth and came out of nowhere to which Garcelle and Crystal had to respond. 

Kathy saying that wasn’t even anyone’s issue given her age and lifestyle it was that in 2021 she thought name checking Michael fucking Jackson as a credible friend who told her about his was not problematic. 

Ok so I just rewatched because and that’s not how it went down. Kyle made the Confucius joke and Kathy says to Crystal “I heard you had a problem with someone saying they don’t see color”.  She says the Michael Jackson comment after. 

eta: I’m not defending Kathy, I just couldn’t remember how on earth the conversation started 

Edited by Erh3d
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

I DVR the show to watch later, and I’m not 10 minutes in and I think I’m going to have to stop and pick it up later because I’m already over Erika’s bullshit. It may be next Wednesday before I’m done with this episode.

Early impressions: Of course she leaves early — of course! Like at just about every other trip she goes on with the women. Arrive late, leave early. And of course she makes a grand exit.

Erika did a great job once again of knowing how to play the room, deflecting the heat by throwing it all on Garcelle. Now she has Rinna as her wingman. Speaking of the room, it’s amazing how much things brighten up as soon as she leaves. You can almost feel the weight lift. It’s always that way. If I were part of the group, she would be out of sight out of mind as soon as she walked out the door, and she would not continue to poison my good time.

Can’t wait to see Sutton connect more dots. I’ll say again what I said last week. Nobody is looking to “take Erika down”. They can’t. But when the stories keep growing like Pinocchio’s nose, questions will be asked, and if Erika doesn’t like it, well, she probably should have taken this season off.

EDIT: Damn… now I want Ruth Chris.

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Love 11

I know I can't be the only one who's drooling looking at all that delicious looking food from Ruth's Chris.  That cheeseburger with sweet potato chips!  The lobster mac, the iceberg wedge with crumbled bleu cheese and tons of bacon!! (chef's kiss)  Best food porn we've had in ages.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 6

I missed the first half of the show — will have to try to find it.  Thought I had recorded it, but noooooooo.

I always thought Ericka was a downer and kept everyone on edge.  Appreciate the varied insights here.  I would not want her for a friend; she goes from 0 to 100 in a second.

• Love 9

Here comes a stupid question as I don’t know the law.  If Tom’s Firm received the settlement money for the burn victims and widows and orphans, and they didn’t get it, aren’t the Partners asking where the money is?  Didn’t Tom have to report to the firm?  Did his firm split the money for themselves also?  Are the attorneys for the victims asking where the checks are as their clients didn’t receive anything?  I don’t get all of this.

• Love 1

Lisa's look of glee when she asked Garcelle is she was going to own any of it was gross. She was so happy to be able to have a target and to do it on Erika's behalf (I don't know why).

Also, what was with her making faces and noises of disgust while Kathy read the Ruth Chris menu?! I get that she doesn't eat, but it was rude to Kathy who said the menu looked good.

I watched WWHL and she was definitely annoyed at the viewer questions asking whether she was being hypocritical. She didn't have a good answer. She went from saying that maybe she learned her lesson from past behavior which is why she wasn't going after Erika to then saying she was letting the other ladies do the questioning because she can't carry the show on her own.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Was Sutton wearing pajamas with heels and a cashmere scarf in the after-trip-at-home scene?   Because that's what it looked like to me.  

And Rinna's fashion looked like hell the entire episode but what was that fur stole thing she had on at Dorit's house?   My grandmother had something similar from the 1940s.

Would she wear anything else?!  HA!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

PK's one verified job is managing Boy George.  Not sure just how that provides the lifestyle where Dorit never handles a dish, but whatever. 

Same!!

Just how much “managing” does Boy George need? Probably not a lot more since I never hear anything about him that isn’t part of the show! PK needs to step it up. I didn’t realize he lived with them, I wonder how he is with the kids. 

Edited by Kiss my mutt
  • LOL 3
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

To quote Watch What Crappens: "One generation up and to the right."

33 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Here comes a stupid question as I don’t know the law.  If Tom’s Firm received the settlement money for the burn victims and widows and orphans, and they didn’t get it, aren’t the Partners asking where the money is?  Didn’t Tom have to report to the firm?  Did his firm split the money for themselves also?  Are the attorneys for the victims asking where the checks are as their clients didn’t receive anything?  I don’t get all of this.

I believe there are accounts created for the settlement money that the lawyer pays out, or is paid out in some way. Tom told at least one person that he was putting their money in some kind of investment account that had "no risk of loss" instead. So I think there were accounts for the money that the lawyer has access too and Tom was taking money out for himself and telling the victims it hadn't come yet or there was some other reason he couldn't give it to them. 

It seems, from what I understand, that any lawyer *could* do this--so the money isn't something that gets paid to the firm or whatever, it's a specific account for the clients. But it's one of the worst things a lawyer could do, it's just so blatantly and obviously wrong.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Same!!

I ate about six this week with “Tiger Sauce” on top.  Delish.  The soft tacos.   Not all at once.  In the course of a week.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Slakkie said:

I am multi racial and don't really think race is one dimensional.  I think everyone has their own understanding of what it is to be what they are.  To think experience is a one size fits all does not work for me.  But that's just me.

But no one is asking that. Garcelle and Crystal are literally asking for their experiences not to be hand waved with “everyone has things” and none of them have actually asked or listened. A ton of them kind of got when Garcelle said has anyone had a direct conversation with your child about what happens if you are pulled over by the cops and they all said no. Kathy has had children arrested and gone to jail, yet she apparently doesn’t think about it all. Garcelle worries about it on a regular basis and none of her kids have been arrested much less spent time in jail. That  difference or pretending that they would be treated the same isn’t helpful.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Anne Thrax said:

I know I can't be the only one who's drooling looking at all that delicious looking food from Ruth's Chris.  That cheeseburger with sweet potato chips!  The lobster mac, the iceberg wedge with crumbled bleu cheese and tons of bacon!! (chef's kiss)  Best food porn we've had in ages.

Oh I went to look up the menu right away!

I really appreciated Garcelle's comment about how a Black 4 year old doesn't have the privilege of not being talked to about their race.  That really hit it home for me.  That was a really great illustration of her thoughts.  It's sad, but it's real life.  Anyways, there are people determined not to understand so who knows with people like Dorit or Sutton but at least Kyle seems to get it.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 12
37 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Not a stupid question. Looking at stuff on the web, it sounds like Girardi Keese was a pretty shady firm, which may explain why it imploded so quickly and declared bankruptcy. For all we know, Tom may have just gotten too greedy. And there are several lawsuits about money pending against the firm — hence, bankruptcy.

I’ll try to find some links and post. May take a while. New at this.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

it sounds like Girardi Keese was a pretty shady firm, which may explain why it imploded so quickly a

It all came to a head this year but It didn’t happen that quickly. A lot of this litigation has gone on for years but the system helped it not be front and center and in the press. The California bar has been burying complaints for years because of his influence and same with several of the lawsuits which have been ongoing.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Anne Thrax said:

There’s one in my city….I just might have to get a nice bottle of wine and order myself one of those cheeseburgers and treat myself sometime. Everything looked damn tasty.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

To quote Watch What Crappens: "One generation up and to the right."

I believe there are accounts created for the settlement money that the lawyer pays out, or is paid out in some way. Tom told at least one person that he was putting their money in some kind of investment account that had "no risk of loss" instead. So I think there were accounts for the money that the lawyer has access too and Tom was taking money out for himself and telling the victims it hadn't come yet or there was some other reason he couldn't give it to them. 

It seems, from what I understand, that any lawyer *could* do this--so the money isn't something that gets paid to the firm or whatever, it's a specific account for the clients. But it's one of the worst things a lawyer could do, it's just so blatantly and obviously wrong.

Thanks a lot.  So, the victims are still waiting for their money while Tom & Erika were robbing and living lavishly?  And she has the nerve to cry?  Unbelievable.  Plus the dummies are all over her.  What a world.

15 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

Not a stupid question. Looking at stuff on the web, it sounds like Girardi Keese was a pretty shady firm, which may explain why it imploded so quickly and declared bankruptcy. For all we know, Tom may have just gotten too greedy. And there are several lawsuits about money pending against the firm — hence, bankruptcy.

I’ll try to find some links and post. May take a while. New at this.

Please don’t knock yourself out.  I get the jist.  Thanks.

• Love 4

I don’t get why they were making faces at Kathy reading the menu either. Lisa was being weird and Sutton was making like a gag face. Everything Kathy was saying sounded good except for the yucky sweet potato stuff.

I don’t really get the Tom stuff either. How did he get away with it for so long? The victims must’ve been wondering where their money is. Tom and Erika are disgusting tho. Maybe Erika didn’t know all the details but she prob didn’t care and knew something was going on but just wanted to keep the money rolling in. She’s such a stupid fake bitch. Why did the bar bury complaints for him? I guess this is getting off topic.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 6