Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: Sing Sing For Your Supper

• Start Topic

At the Nude Interlude, the rift between frenemies Gizelle and Karen grows deeper, and unexpected sides are taken. Wendy announces a drastic new career change, and Ashley prepares for the arrival of her new baby - but worries about keeping Michael happy in the process. Karen invites all the ladies to her Love Lunch in hopes of healing...but it instead ends up being quite...revealing!

Airdate: 07.18.2021

(edited)

Lol bronzdog!  But I do not hate the noob.
I think Wendy is absolutely gorgeous but I feel like she is threatened by Mia. Very interesting to see. of course who knows with this show and what they don’t show.

And I know this is probably an unpopular opinion but I like Chris and I hope he and Candiace always have a successful marriage. Obviously we can’t know exactly what’s going on at all times in the background but I like the dude!

Edited by JonnieUniteUs
  • Love 21
17 minutes ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

I think Wendy is absolutely gorgeous but I feel like she is threatened by Mia.

Seems like Wendy is threatened, period. I thought it was quite telling that when the last question from the Newlywed Game came, it showed Wendy and Eddie muttering to each other about the answer and then when it was time for the reveal they both made a show of being delighted that they came up with the same answer as if they hadn't already discussed it. There's a lot of keeping up appearances in public for that couple, it looks like.

• Useful 2
  • Love 22
(edited)
1 hour ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

I think Wendy is absolutely gorgeous but I feel like she is threatened by Mia. Very interesting to see. of course who knows with this show and what they don’t show.

And I know this is probably an unpopular opinion but I like Chris and I hope he and Candiace always have a successful marriage. Obviously we can’t know exactly what’s going on at all times in the background but I like the dude!

I like both Candiace and Chris,  they're hilarious on their Instagram lives. They don't seem to take themselves too seriously. The fact that she knew Chris finds Gizelle attractive and she doesn't seem to care says a whole lot about their marriage.  

I don't know who Ashley is trying to fool. Last week Michael was as cold and distant as Antarctica. Her muttering she was happy that Michael wasn't there for the newlywed game was funny. Girl we all know he does NOT like anyone in that group. 

Mia is the last person who should call anyone insecure. She can't even lie convincingly about her age. Show of hands who believes she's just one year older than Candiace and she was a bartender at a strip club. If you believe this I can sell you water from the fountain of youth for just $1.00 

Edited by spunky
  • LOL 6
  • Love 13
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Boofish said:

Mia is giving very much Madame the puppet energy in her confessionals.

😂😂, no you didn't go to MADAME!  But a cock-eyed Madame I'd say.

Wendy is threatened by Mia like Gizzard was towards Monique.  I don't see them ever finding common ground.

Now, I don't have children so a question for the mommies in here....did y'all have 'bean' problems after your births?  I mean damn, G. (who I liked right off the bat, plus he's cute) must be chewing that sucka like you do the tips of fried chicken wings!!

Gizzard, listen to your daughters...at this point they are far more wiser than you are when it comes to men.  And heiffa, Bravo paid for Robyn's, Karen's AND your Brady Bunch shack so get off your high horse.

Chris please shape up that beard, you look like an Amish man!

The Newlywed Game answers made me blush.

Edited by Yogisbooboo64
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5

Wonder why Wendy is so triggered by Mia. Could be a simple case of Wendy no longer feeling like a newbie with the new chick on the block. I mean, she didn't even come for Karen this hard when the Grande Dame went out of her way to downgrade her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

I like him a lot, with the exception of that beard.

I call him The Candiace Whisperer”

• LOL 9
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, eXiled said:

I love Gizelle's relationship with her daughters. They drag the hell out of her, and she needs it! They're beautiful and astute.

Yes, I hope we see more of them in the talking heads.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Momager said:

Why was Karen wearing a tracksuit to her party? And if Mia is going to lie about her age, she needs to pick a number that’s believable.    I cracked up when Candiace said she’s a white man if Mia was just a bartender at the strip club.

She dressed up to the 9's just to go visit Ashley but wears that to her own party? Where is the Karen who was imitating Beyoncé last season in her back yard?

3 hours ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

Chris really seems like a good guy that keeps Candiace grounded.

2 hours ago, eXiled said:

I love Gizelle's relationship with her daughters. They drag the hell out of her, and she needs it! They're beautiful and astute.

Her daughters are wonderful! Sadly, it seems like G has always had bad taste in men from the way she was talking about her ex-boyfriends.

1 hour ago, rlc said:

Those poor caterers at Wendy’s house seemed so uncomfortable. I hope they were well compensated.

Karen is awful. No Karen- Giselle did not wish your husband dead. She made a comment that she would be beautiful for a long time after he made a disgusting, misogynistic, paternalistic and grossly inappropriate comment about her getting herself a man while she still could. 

Yes, G did not wish anyone dead.

Ray should be ashamed of his comments but a lot of men in his age group believe that type of stupid shit.

Sadly, many of my older uncles are the same way.

Karen is trying to come for G and is looking stupid.

30 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

What does your mom not wanting you to quit your job as a professor have to do with her not caring if you have a bob job, Wendy?

Can't you be a professor and a candle maker? It is the type of thing that you really need a day job for unless your candles just take off from the jump and I do not see that happening.

5 hours ago, Andi27 said:

Oh, my. That addition, Gizelle. What architect talked her into that? I'm sure her neighbors are thrilled.

The best shade in the episode did not come from Karen but from Robyn. However, Robyn was only speaking the truth...G's house looks like a cheap duplex that is attached to her real house. I have no idea how any HOA approved that design.

Of course, her house was in bad shape when she bought it so maybe they were just happy it was being maintained?

• Love 17

I almost fell off my couch when Ray said he was attracted to Katie. I guess since Erica Liles has never been a cast member he couldn’t name her – and Karen would have had a conniption. 

Ashley’s mom was looking at Ashley like “do whatever you have to do to keep the checks rolling” when she was listening to her. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 14
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Sharper2002 said:

I almost fell off my couch when Ray said he was attracted to Katie. I guess since Erica Liles has never been a cast member he couldn’t name her – and Karen would have had a conniption. 

Ashley’s mom was looking at Ashley like “do whatever you have to do to keep the checks rolling” when she was listening to her. 

More like "Do whatever you have to to keep MY checks rolling in."

Creepy Michael might not support Mama anymore but we all know Ashley is probably giving her some money on the side.

Both Candiace and Ashely's mothers control their daughters with money but in totally different ways.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 15
(edited)

Gizelle's house looks as if she abandoned renovating the older part and focused on building the new wing. It can be cheaper to build new instead of renovating. She did say there will be a front facade added that will tie the entire structure together visually. She has a lot of property and it will have skyrocketed in value recently. Should she need to, she can sell later to a developer and make a tidy profit.

I continue to be aghast at Wendy's desperate sexpot act. I just hate it.

Mia's just worthless. Swanning about, bragging about being a CEO. Please. Mia and her husband arguing about who should be taking care of the children is not a good look. But she is right about Wendy's insecurities.

I'm guffawing over Karen's glossing over Ray's shocking "advice" to Gizelle about landing a man before it's too late. At the time Gizelle handled it gracefully.

But then, these housewives' favorite insult is "you don't have a man."

ETA: Ray shuffled about until Mia arrived. Then he motored over to her, lit up like a Christmas tree.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Sharper2002 said:

How did I forget to mention my favorite part of last night's show! That was a surprise and a loud laugh from me. I love, adore, and miss Katie, her kookiness, and her mess. I hope she's able to right the ship and return when all is well.

My dad will be 74 in August, and he thinks JUST like Ray. He's the type of man who was raised to think that having even a worthless, reckless, fool of a man is better than having none. Well, I had to get Daddy together on that score during my divorce. Besides, I know a couple of beautiful women older than Gizelle with recent engagements, so age doesn't stop love from coming into your life if it's destined.

Gizelle will still be turning heads when she's 80. Her problem? Her damn picker is broken. If she fixes that, she'll have better luck.

• Love 18
(edited)

Ashley letting the viewers know that she prioritizes a hole for Michael. Gross! 
Mia is trying to keep her age down so Gordon doesn’t find a 5th wife bar tending at a strip club. But she is entertaining. 
Gizelle and Robyn need to get their asses to Karen’s love party and whatever other cast get togethers there are because they are boring when filmed on their own. Gizelle needs to quit bragging about her house. The exterior looks raggedy. 
I still love Karen but she needs to quit with the Gizelle wished Ray dead. He shouldn’t have said what he did. I’m surprised she would call attention to that scene. It was cringey. 
I noticed Wendy whispering to Eddie about what to write down for the last question. It sounded like she thought he wrote down the word Mia and she wasn’t having it. 

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Love 12

I love Karen but I think she's slightly reaching with the Gizelle wishes Ray death comments. I do however think that Gizelle needs to stop saying "Ray will be dead before...." It is in extremely poor taste. Her house is interesting, beautiful west wing on the inside and tragic on the outside. So surprised to hear Robyn shading Gizelle's house in her talking heads. My how the tables have turned. 

Ashley is so beautiful pregnant, I love it. She didn't stop eating at Karen's party, hehe. I know he is polarizing, but I would have actually enjoyed seeing Ashley and Michael playing that game and knowing their answers. Michael would have responded "Juan" to the question about which lady in the group he found attractive, hehe. Color me shocked when Ray responded Katie!! Then production throws in the clip of shirtless Katie jumping up and down, with all the other footage they have of her. A mess.

Wendy vs. Mia is too fast too soon. It doesn't feel organic. It's as if Wendy said that last season she was kind of relegated to the role of supportive friend, but this season she wants to make a name for herself and solidify her place in the group, then you have this new woman coming in hot. Even Mo vs. Giz didn't get going so fast. Wendy's twitter is going slightly off the rails too. I don't know, I just expected something different from our first 4 degree housewife. If she's going to give up teaching she needs something to fall back on sure, and she wants to make sure that she is not the low woman on the totem pole. That woman, in my opinion, is Robyn. I like Robyn and I think she is the most real authentic housewife in Potomac, but she can't continue to just be Gizelle's sidekick. She might hold off on the wedding for job security. I think Bravo may be more interested in Juan than Robyn at this point. 

I want to see Candiace bounce back from last season. Homegirl is booked and busy. At some point they will have to stop talking about her getting Mom's money because at this point she has Bravo, Netflix, music, and acting money. I also want production to stop showing the clip of the altercation, hopefully this was the last episode we will see it. Chris is one of my favorite RHOP husbands. I like when the husbands are cool and compliment the housewives. I think G will be a pretty cool househusband. 

I'm optimistic about this season, hoping it get to be like seasons 3 and 4, my favorite and second favorite season of this franchise. 

• Love 11

So am I the only one who noticed that Mia's cheeks/chin appear to be messed up from fillers and bad plastic surgery? That dramatic sweeping hairdo hides it pretty well, but its obvious on both sides of her face. As someone mentioned earlier, she's gone full Madam and whatever she used to look like, she's pretty much disfigured for life.

• Love 18

Not sure how I feel about Mia but did have to agree with her that I don't get why Wendy (and to a much lesser extent, Ashley) has such an issue with her saying nice things about Gizelle if Karen is okay with it. I don't think that Mia is wrong that Wendy has a lot of insecurities. 

I have a soft spot for both Ashley and Candiace, even though I know both can be problematic. I want both to do well but both can be their own worst enemies. 

• Love 7
49 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

So am I the only one who noticed that Mia's cheeks/chin appear to be messed up from fillers and bad plastic surgery? That dramatic sweeping hairdo hides it pretty well, but its obvious on both sides of her face. As someone mentioned earlier, she's gone full Madam and whatever she used to look like, she's pretty much disfigured for life.

I thought the cheek marks looked like acne scars.  But with as much work as she'd had done you'd think she'd have found something to make those better if that's what they are.

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, Rlb8031 said:

Yes! I noticed it too and came here to see if it was mentioned. I hadn’t thought about it being from fillers, but that makes sense. I had assumed acne scars.  It really looks bad!  

Edited by CSunshine76
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Steph J said:

There's a lot of keeping up appearances in public for that couple, it looks like.

Especially since BRAVO has shown clips of upcoming episodes of trouble in the marriage. Same with Candyass and Chris. 

I thought it really rude for Robyn to have her little nasty comments about the exterior of Gizelle's home. Yes, it may be ugly but keep your comments to yourself, don't say it on camera. Giz is supposed to be her best friend. 

Candy has been shit talking about Karen since the season started but goes to her house with Chris like all is well. Such phonies. See, that's the reason I like Gizelle. She's a bitch all the time, not just behind your back! 

Wendy's boobs and ass. Is this going to go on all season? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
(edited)
17 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Especially since BRAVO has shown clips of upcoming episodes of trouble in the marriage. Same with Candyass and Chris. 

I thought it really rude for Robyn to have her little nasty comments about the exterior of Gizelle's home. Yes, it may be ugly but keep your comments to yourself, don't say it on camera. Giz is supposed to be her best friend. 

Candy has been shit talking about Karen since the season started but goes to her house with Chris like all is well. Such phonies. See, that's the reason I like Gizelle. She's a bitch all the time, not just behind your back! 

Wendy's boobs and ass. Is this going to go on all season? 

I am not sure I agree with this characterization of Candiace.  She hasn't really said much that it is insulting about Karen - she has said that she felt stabbed in the back, etc. But it's not like she didn't say the same thing to Karen's face at the reunion last year.  She said last year that she felt betrayed by Karen's support of Monique and most of her comments this season have been in that vein. So I don't really feel like she's being two-faced here, since Karen is pretty aware as to why there is a strain in their relationship.

Beyond that, given how volatile Candiace can be (and how much she's aware what her reputation is), I think that deciding to play nice in Karen's home was the right way for her to act. It's not like she went in there and pretended like everything was fine - she said to Karen that she wanted to have a discussion in some other setting.

So I can't fault Candiace's behavior in this instance. No doubt she'll give us other reasons to criticize her this season but on this one, I think she behaved correctly.  

On another note, while I do like Karen, I think her attitude towards her feud with Gizelle is ridiculous. Come on, don't try to pretend that you are doing anything out of concern for Gizelle. Just admit that you want to have this fight with Gizelle after all these many years of pretending like you're friends.  (I did laugh at her explanation to Ashley of why said "Sing Sing," which was comically inept. Karen is not a very good liar, which is actually a good thing in my book).

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
Because "right" isn't the same as "wrong."
  • Love 17
(edited)
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Yes, it may be ugly but keep your comments to yourself, don't say it on camera. Giz is supposed to be her best friend. 

Gizelle was making IRS/not paying taxes jokes about Robyn last season.  If there's one person I would think should be able to take some light shade it's Ms. Gizelle. 

2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Candy has been shit talking about Karen since the season started but goes to her house with Chris like all is well. Such phonies.

Now I don't much care for Candiace but I don't feel like that interpretation is fair. Karen herself immediately acknowledged when Candiace showed up that they still needed a private talk, which is why she invited Candiace for a coffee and then Candiace extended the olive branch by inviting Karen to see the new house.

The impression I got is that they're both acknowledging there's stuff they need to work out privately but that was not the moment. And Candiace's accepting the invite was her way of saying she's willing to try and work things out with Karen. 

5 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Wendy vs. Mia is too fast too soon. It doesn't feel organic.

Typically I would agree but Mia is so much that I can believe the tension is organic. Wendy and this new personality is a bit much but Mia is on a whole other level of too much in my opinion. Girlfriend has come in there like someone who's clearly been watching the Housewives franchise for years and will make sure the producers don't second guess giving her that spot. 

Unpopular opinion perhaps since many seem to like him but while I can acknowledge that Chris seems like an okay, chill guy, I will always side-eye any man not taking care of his child. And he went from his wife's mother paying for their home to frankly, the way it looks right now, living off his wife under the guise of being her "manager". 

Now in fairness, that's another personal hang-up of mine. I always side-eye the husband/manager arrangement. I'm with Mama Dorothy in saying, "yeah good luck with that". The restaurant is no more because let's be honest, it was a failure. But if he's really a chef, find some some successful restaurant/hotel or something to try and be a head chef of or the sous chef. Something that can help him further build his cachet in the industry.

All I'm saying is that nice as he may seem, bottom line is I get bum vibes from Chris. Sorry, not sorry. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Gizelle was making IRS/not paying taxes jokes about Robyn last season.  If there's one person I would think should be able to take some light shade it's Ms. Gizelle.

Yep! And called Robyn's hat line Embezzled!!! Y'all, I hollered. As shady as Gizelle can be, she better not ever get mad at light stuff like that. The GEBs can get on my nerves sometimes, but I like that they have each other's backs. Keep it cute, y'all.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

I will always side-eye any man not taking care of his child and he went from his wife's mother paying for their home to frankly, the way it looks right now, living off his wife under the guise of being her "manager". 

Agreed. When I heard that he is now his wife's "manager," I thought "that bum." Nevertheless, I think Candiace may have pressured him into it. She needs someone to hold her pocketbooks.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

1 hour ago, eXiled said:

Yep! And called Robyn's hat line Embezzled!!! Y'all, I hollered. As shady as Gizelle can be, she better not ever get mad at light stuff like that. The GEBs can get on my nerves sometimes, but I like that they have each other's backs. Keep it cute, y'all.

Plus Gizelle has always shaded Robyn's house, the fact that it's far away from them, that she moved two feet down the street from her smaller townhouse to her bigger townhouse which is 3 feet larger. Robyn can let her have it for a bit hehe. 

1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

Unpopular opinion perhaps since many seem to like him but while I can acknowledge that Chris seems like an okay, chill guy, I will always side-eye any man not taking care of his child and he went from his wife's mother paying for their home to frankly, the way it looks right now, living off his wife under the guise of being her "manager". 

I have to admit I'm not a fan of this either. Like your sole income shouldn't come from how well I am doing. You should have your own thing, especially since he doesn't work in the entertainment industry already. It sets up the future for her resenting him. 

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

did y'all have 'bean' problems after your births?

Me, personally?  No.  But I think this may be true for some (not all) women who had to have episiotomies.  At the risk of going all TMI, the clitoris continues on inside your body—the fabled G-spot is actually the spot closest to the root of this internal part of the clitoris.  If the internal part of the clitoris gets snipped—as is often the case in episiotomies—you may have subsequent trouble with orgasms.

(It always pisses me off to read about "loss of libido" in women after chiildbirth as though it's some kind of psychological problem.  There may be a psychological issue, but I'm convinced that in a fair number of cases, the problem is actually physiological.)

18 hours ago, Momager said:

Why was Karen wearing a tracksuit to her party?

I know,  right?

I do hope Wendy's not planning on quitting her day job anytime soon.  Launching a scented candle line in an already saturated homeware market?  Stoooooooopid.

And I like Mia quite a bit!  I admire people who come from rough backgrounds and fight their way up.  I don't care if she was a stripper, and I totally understand why she would lie about it in front of these people (if she did lie about it).

I also like Ashley but the less I know about her sex life with her grotesque husband, the. better.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, eXiled said:

How did I forget to mention my favorite part of last night's show! That was a surprise and a loud laugh from me. I love, adore, and miss Katie, her kookiness, and her mess. I hope she's able to right the ship and return when all is well.

My dad will be 74 in August, and he thinks JUST like Ray. He's the type of man who was raised to think that having even a worthless, reckless, fool of a man is better than having none. Well, I had to get Daddy together on that score during my divorce. Besides, I know a couple of beautiful women older than Gizelle with recent engagements, so age doesn't stop love from coming into your life if it's destined.

Gizelle will still be turning heads when she's 80. Her problem? Her damn picker is broken. If she fixes that, she'll have better luck.

Guuurrrl, some of the older men in my family think a woman is an old maid if she is not married by 25.

I love it when they look confused seeing so many women single and happy. No sir...you are not a prize.

7 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

6 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

Yes! I noticed it too and came here to see if it was mentioned. I hadn’t thought about it being from fillers, but that makes sense. I had assumed acne scars.  It really looks bad!  

I saw it much more in some pre-season pictures than on the show. She looks a little like Kylie Jenner to me and that is not a compliment to Kylie or her. 

Mia does have the DNA to make a good howife, with her many surgeries, scandalous life, and quick witted shade.

4 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Agreed. When I heard that he is now his wife's "manager," I thought "that bum." Nevertheless, I think Candiace may have pressured him into it. She needs someone to hold her pocketbooks.

Even though Chris seems like a nice guy (I am actually glad that we don't have to call him "White Chris" anymore") it is obvious that his financials were not together until he got a giant come-up by marrying Candiace. She is the one who is probably allowing him to stay on top of his child support and now is providing her stepchildren with a very nice (though not to my tastes) home.

Some bloggers have commented that Candiace would have never married Chris if he was an African American man. Some have commented that Dorothy would never have paid for a lavish wedding if Chris was black. 

I don't know this is true but I do not see a ton of well-heeled families, African American or otherwise, being happy that their precious daughter was marrying someone with the baggage Chris brings to the table with a couple of baby mamas and being older and financially unstable.

I also have no clue about his education and training. It feels like if he was a CIA-trained chef, Candiace and Dorothy would have brought it up a million times by now.

9 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Wendy needs to use one of her four degrees to remember when she is mic'ed.

You would also think having four degrees would make you realize that when you do not have a butt and then show up with a high shelf with no other visible weight gain would be a giant clue that your butt is fake.

Wendy reminds me of first generations of immigrant women whose mothers tend to be narcissists. Her mother expects Wendy to be the smartest, most charming, and beautiful woman in every room and will remind her daughter whenever she falls short. This can cause crippling insecurities. 

I think Wendy already felt like the second-best in her family due to her sister being a surgeon. I am not surprised that Wendy's mother was so on board with the plastic surgery since she probably thinks Wendy really needed to improve her looks to be "worthy of her".

Wendy feels like Mia stole her thunder at the Nude Interlude party. Mia knows how to get attention (good or bad) and Wendy can not do this naturally.

It was so pathetic when Wendy was whispering the answers to Eddie during that stupid game. No, it does make you look like you have a good marriage...it makes you look phony. 

• Love 10

What the hell is Wendy's problem? Her attitude so far really sucks and i don't understand why she has such a strong dislike for Mia. I've heard from a reliable source that Eddie has a wandering eye--and dick., so maybe that's why she's so tense. And maybe that's why she went under the knife. I really need a Johns Hopkins connect because I'm dying to know what the people there think about this reality TV business.

Mia seems a little dim but relatively harmless and she is not going to cower from the likes of Wendy. 

Gizelle's daughters are the best.  Love how they tell it like it is.

Chris needs to find a real job because I don't see managing Candace in an industry with which he is unfamiliar working out. If he's such an accomplished chef, he should be able to get a job or maybe even start a catering business. Write a cookbook. Agree with the comments above about him deserving the side eye on that one.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

Guuurrrl, some of the older men in my family think a woman is an old maid if she is not married by 25.

I love it when they look confused seeing so many women single and happy. No sir...you are not a prize.

I saw it much more in some pre-season pictures than on the show. She looks a little like Kylie Jenner to me and that is not a compliment to Kylie or her. 

Mia does have the DNA to make a good howife, with her many surgeries, scandalous life, and quick witted shade.

Even though Chris seems like a nice guy (I am actually glad that we don't have to call him "White Chris" anymore") it is obvious that his financials were not together until he got a giant come-up by marrying Candiace. She is the one who is probably allowing him to stay on top of his child support and now is providing her stepchildren with a very nice (though not to my tastes) home.

Some bloggers have commented that Candiace would have never married Chris if he was an African American man. Some have commented that Dorothy would never have paid for a lavish wedding if Chris was black. 

I don't know this is true but I do not see a ton of well-heeled families, African American or otherwise, being happy that their precious daughter was marrying someone with the baggage Chris brings to the table with a couple of baby mamas and being older and financially unstable.

I also have no clue about his education and training. It feels like if he was a CIA-trained chef, Candiace and Dorothy would have brought it up a million times by now.

According to Chris he graduated from Le Cordon Bleu in Miami. Candiace said on her podcast that she never envisioned marrying someone like Chris.  She always thought she would marry a Black doctor because that's what she saw at home, due to her father and stepfather both being physicians. She did say Chris was who she needed because he has no problem telling her to "shut the hell up", when she's being extra.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2

Mia's skin is sooo bad, Wendy should feel good about her good skin.

Mia lives at the Residences at the Ritz which is located on the other side of the harbor, it is lux, high end service, aspirational...I can hate her for that, right?  My cousin is having a wedding at the museum across from the Ritz, that is as close as I will get to living at the Ritz 😏

I just (this episode) noticed that Ashley has an upstairs in her apartment so maybe it is not as tight quarters as I thought.

The couples game was stupid, why do they need to discuss their sex life, to prove they have one?  I bet Michael was out the door the minute Ashley left, the nanny was probably around the corner waiting for Michael's call to come up and baby sit Dean while he ran out to where or who ever.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
31 minutes ago, politichick said:

What the hell is Wendy's problem? Her attitude so far really sucks and i don't understand why she has such a strong dislike for Mia. I've heard from a reliable source that Eddie has a wandering eye--and dick., so maybe that's why she's so tense. And maybe that's why she went under the knife. I really need a Johns Hopkins connect because I'm dying to know what the people there think about this reality TV business.

Mia seems a little dim but relatively harmless and she is not going to cower from the likes of Wendy. 

Gizelle's daughters are the best.  Love how they tell it like it is.

Chris needs to find a real job because I don't see managing Candace in an industry with which he is unfamiliar working out. If he's such an accomplished chef, he should be able to get a job or maybe even start a catering business. Write a cookbook. Agree with the comments above about him deserving the side eye on that one.

He currently has a catering company (I think cbassdill is the name) and he does internet cooking/cocktail classes.  

https://thechrisbassett.com/category/food-beverage-food-beverage/

You stirred something in my brain!  I'm one of the "possible side eyers" over Chris managing Candiace.  But I'm wondering if I'm also being sexist.  Because I'm not giving Mia side eye over being involved in G's chiropractic businesses.  And I wonder if we give women a pass for becoming a paid employee for a husband's business, but side eye men (Todd RHOA....) for becoming involved in their wife's business.

Hmmmmm.....

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, dosodog said:

He currently has a catering company (I think cbassdill is the name) and he does internet cooking/cocktail classes.  

https://thechrisbassett.com/category/food-beverage-food-beverage/

You stirred something in my brain!  I'm one of the "possible side eyers" over Chris managing Candiace.  But I'm wondering if I'm also being sexist.  Because I'm not giving Mia side eye over being involved in G's chiropractic businesses.  And I wonder if we give women a pass for becoming a paid employee for a husband's business, but side eye men (Todd RHOA....) for becoming involved in their wife's business.

Hmmmmm.....

Yep, his catering company is cbasswithdill. I think people are accustomed to the Housewives marrying for money. So when they see women like Candiace who marry for love it seems off. Especially if it's someone like Chris who jokes about his wife being his "third baby mama".

• Love 4