Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: Sing Sing For Your Supper

• Start Topic

(edited)
51 minutes ago, Kornfan said:

I think Wendy just gives her opinions on these so called celebrities. She's paid to do it.

I will just say this one last thing about this and leave it alone because its going way off topic but ..

Paid or not she has built her career and life on giving her "opinion" and that is 90% Toxic mean girl out of pocket shit.... so she cant say oh don't attack me and revel in it like she does when bad things happen to her.. that's not how that works you get what you give .. she laughs, makes fun of and generally enjoys other peoples struggles and misery (calls out husbands who cheat and laughs etc etc) then doesn't want anyone to do the same to her... You cant be a bully then say don't bully me

Giselle and Karen both have this issue ... (hell there are ladies in all the housewives franchises that do this)they think its fun to throw out the shade and and laugh at it when its other peoples but HELL NO don't you dare do it to them ... its just baffling to me that they don't see the hypocrisy in that... but hey it wouldn't make good tv if they did that you know what I am saying ...Those in glass houses

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
42 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I will just say this one last thing about this and leave it alone because its going way off topic but ..

Paid or not she has built her career and life on giving her "opinion" and that is 90% Toxic mean girl out of pocket shit.... so she cant say oh don't attack me and revel in it like she does when bad things happen to her.. that's not how that works you get what you give .. she laughs, makes fun of and generally enjoys other peoples struggles and misery (calls out husbands who cheat and laughs etc etc) then doesn't want anyone to do the same to her... You cant be a bully then say don't bully me

Giselle and Karen both have this issue ... (hell there are ladies in all the housewives franchises that do this)they think its fun to throw out the shade and and laugh at it when its other peoples but HELL NO don't you dare do it to them ... its just baffling to me that they don't see the hypocrisy in that... but hey it wouldn't make good tv if they did that you know what I am saying ...Those in glass houses

I'm not saying no one can make fun of Wendy Williams. I'm just saying she has literally like not one person defending her. Like come on now. Even Angela from 90 Day Fiancée has people defending her bs. But let's agree to disagree =)

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, Kornfan said:

If Karen sucked so hard do you really think bravo would bring her back over and over? People don't like her because well to be frank its easy to pick on the black woman. Ramona and Sutton are the most ridiculous housewives yet people fall over themselves trying to justify their bad behavior. 

I haven't watched another HW series besides Atlanta and Potomac.  

For me, it's not a race issue.  

I do not get the charm of Karen past the first season or two and I never, ever understood the charm of Phaedra, who was also a bald faced liar.  But both had their share of fans and detractors.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 5
(edited)
9 hours ago, Kornfan said:

I find it odd Ramona has never shown anything about her so called career. Vicki showed hers. I bet Ramona got hers gold digging

That's because she's pretty much retired now. She's 65, she's allowed. She owned that business that sold clothing to places like TJ Max and Ross. Made a lot of money doing it. She sold that business. After that, she tried her hand at wine and skin care both of which I don't think were very successful. I don't know what she did before that, she always made her own bank, long before she met Mario. Her ex had a lucrative family business. Combined they were very wealthy. Divorced they still remain separately wealthy. 

Ramona has said many times that she watched her mother stay in an abusive relationship because she had no money or career of her own. She made a point to never have to rely soley on someone else's income. She instilled that in her daughter, Avery to go to college and have a career that is self supporting. Ramona in no way got her money gold digging. 

Ok, I'm off the Ramona love train now. Still on the Karen is a poser train. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 10
On 7/20/2021 at 12:52 PM, RealReality said:

Such poor messaging.  

Is she passionate about the candles she doesn't make or is she passionate about housewares?  

I truly think that Wendy would have done so much better with a cookbook like the NJ women.  

She is proud of her heritage and meal sounded so delicious. 

Bringing Nigerian cuisine to the masses is unique to Wendy and something that she has mentioned on the show. It would have been a nice way to incorporate her mom and sister into a project and a cookbook is probably relatively cheap and could be sold on a website. 

Those generic candles sound like a bomb. 

That's so true about the cookbook. A woman's club I belong to published one many years ago and we are pleasantly surprised that it still sells a respectable number of copies (with almost no promotion) every year. We get a decent royalty check from the publisher. Seems like Wendy, with all of her resources and the show to promote it, would easily do well with a cookbook.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, RedHawk said:

That's so true about the cookbook. A woman's club I belong to published one many years ago and we are pleasantly surprised that it still sells a respectable number of copies (with almost no promotion) every year. We get a decent royalty check from the publisher. Seems like Wendy, with all of her resources and the show to promote it, would easily do well with a cookbook.

But she wants to sell candles! 

A cookbook with her family recipes would probably do quite well.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

But she wants to sell candles! 

A cookbook with her family recipes would probably do quite well.

LOL. 

Yes, she is passionate about generic looking candles she doesn't make.  

I dont want to see her fail, I like Wendy.  I just kinda roll my eyes at some of these "passions" which seem to be a passion for buying some random stuff off aliexpress and marking it up.  

I think the wool was ripped from my eyes when I realized Phaedra parks probably wasn't passionate about stun guns, even though she sold them on the show.

I totally think the cookbook would have worked out better.  Wendy is a writer, because IIRC she wrote a long thesis dedicated to her dad. 

(Sorry @TexasGalhope this is okay, since it's only a tangential mention.  If not please let me know and I'm happy to delete!)

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I totally think the cookbook would have worked out better.  Wendy is a writer, because IIRC she wrote a long thesis dedicated to her dad. 

I’m not familiar with her thesis topic or why she dedicated it to her dad.

I think I dedicated my doctoral dissertation to my husband (who is alive and well) because it wouldn’t have been possible without his support and sacrifice. 

I am also pretty certain that maybe 10 people read it 🤣

• Love 7
On 7/20/2021 at 12:20 PM, bichonblitz said:

I can't and never could stand Karen. She's a liar and a poser. I think her life with RayRay is a sham. What I don't get is that I listen to some (too many) podcasts that analyze these crazy reality shows and so many of them love Karen. They call her Queen. Ugggghh! They think she is the best star of all the Housewife shows and can do no wrong. Do they not hear her lies, her double talk? She's ugly inside. 

Preach. Never liked her; never understood the hype. She is quite possibly the most insincere, unhappy, unpleasant personality across the franchises (that I watch...) and my god, that's a low, low bar. I mean, Leah and Ramona are obnoxious and awful, but Karen's the one who'll put the knife in your back and say she was just defending herself. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
5 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I think I dedicated my doctoral dissertation to my husband (who is alive and well) because it wouldn’t have been possible without his support and sacrifice. 

I don’t know her relationship with her father but her thesis was about the importance of involving low income parents in their children’s education. That isn’t to say that I don’t agree with you that writing a thesis doesn’t indicate someone is a writer!

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I don’t know her relationship with her father but her thesis was about the importance of involving low income parents in their children’s education. That isn’t to say that I don’t agree with you that writing a thesis doesn’t indicate someone is a writer!

LOL,  I'd only say that I've heard about her writing more than I've heard about her candlemaking!  

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

This was a tiny moment, but when Wendy's family was there eating dinner, her mom told her and her sister they had to pay for her boob job.  Both Wendy and her sister both made identical "jump back" movements, and said, "wha...?" in the exact same way.  Cracked me up.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, lasu said:

This was a tiny moment, but when Wendy's family was there eating dinner, her mom told her and her sister they had to pay for her boob job.  Both Wendy and her sister both made identical "jump back" movements, and said, "wha...?" in the exact same way.  Cracked me up.

Not sure who would have that convo at a dinner table that included kids and her son in law, describing her boobs as flat pancakes or some such thing and that she wants a boob job, her kids should pay for it...what grandmother would talk like that in front of her young grand kids?  Way to teach young boys that it is all about the boobs.

I bet Wendy and her sister have paid for a lot of things for that woman over the years.

• Love 12
20 hours ago, lasu said:

It's those things that make me see Wendy's potential as a fun-to-watch housewife. I really wish she wasn't so led by her insecurities. She seems cool when she's not talking about her degrees or career. Or Mia.

• Love 9
On 7/18/2021 at 10:44 PM, eXiled said:

I love Gizelle's relationship with her daughters. They drag the hell out of her, and she needs it! They're beautiful and astute.

I also love Gizelle's daughters . I had to do a double look though as to who was whom... The oldest one (I think ) has really either matured a lot since last season ... or is groomed differently - was it her hair, eye/lash makeup so... something is really different..

And not all teens want to drive the minute they turn 16. Stop with the pressure of passing the written test. And its no shame in taking the road test more than one time.

• Love 7
On 7/23/2021 at 7:18 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Not sure who would have that convo at a dinner table that included kids and her son in law, describing her boobs as flat pancakes or some such thing and that she wants a boob job, her kids should pay for it...what grandmother would talk like that in front of her young grand kids?  Way to teach young boys that it is all about the boobs.

I bet Wendy and her sister have paid for a lot of things for that woman over the years.

She seems to be a narcissist and that is probably the root of most of Wendy's insecurities. However, since she is a chief of a tribe....perhaps she is used to lording over people like a queen?

There were some rumors of Wendy coming from a low caste tribe and that is why Eddie's family will not accept her (something I hope is bullshit because you can not control the group you are born into) but if this is true...that could also give her a chip on her shoulder as well.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
On 7/21/2021 at 8:04 PM, Stats Queen said:

Ph.D., Public Affairs . Rutgers University. 2016.
Dissertation: Engaging Low-Income Parents in Schools. Beyond the PTA Meeting

https://rucore.libraries.rutgers.edu/rutgers-lib/51120/

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

There were some rumors of Wendy coming from a low caste tribe and that is why Eddie's family will not accept her

Didn't they discuss this during Wendy's first season? They said Eddie's family refused to accept her, and that as a result Eddie is estranged from his parents.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Didn't they discuss this during Wendy's first season? They said Eddie's family refused to accept her, and that as a result Eddie is estranged from his parents.

On the show, they have never provided the reason behind the situation.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

On the show, they have never provided the reason behind the situation.

Yes, the low caste thing was provided by vloggers not Wendy but I do understand why she would not want to dwell on it.

• Love 2

If my husband was pressuring me to be intimate when I’m pregnant, his ass would be on the street. What the hell is wrong with Ashley. Is she so desperate for his money that she has to subject herself to this BS? Ugh, gross. That whole convo with her mom had me disgusted. 

• Love 8
On 7/24/2021 at 9:28 AM, sATL said:

I also love Gizelle's daughters . I had to do a double look though as to who was whom... The oldest one (I think ) has really either matured a lot since last season ... or is groomed differently - was it her hair, eye/lash makeup so... something is really different..

And not all teens want to drive the minute they turn 16. Stop with the pressure of passing the written test. And its no shame in taking the road test more than one time.

I really think Grizzard wants the daughter to drive is so she can take over all the deliveries of the sisters to their activities.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 7/20/2021 at 11:52 AM, RealReality said:

Such poor messaging.  

Is she passionate about the candles she doesn't make or is she passionate about housewares?  

I truly think that Wendy would have done so much better with a cookbook like the NJ women.  

She is proud of her heritage and meal sounded so delicious. 

Bringing Nigerian cuisine to the masses is unique to Wendy and something that she has mentioned on the show. It would have been a nice way to incorporate her mom and sister into a project and a cookbook is probably relatively cheap and could be sold on a website. 

Those generic candles sound like a bomb. 

What a wonderful awesome idea.  You are so right, the cookbook would her Niche.   

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

I really think Grizzard wants the daughter to drive is so she can take over all the deliveries of the sisters to their activities.

She would hardly be the first parent who wanted that, I know that’s why my parents were happy when my older sister got her license. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, TheCouchPotato said:

If my husband was pressuring me to be intimate when I’m pregnant, his ass would be on the street. What the hell is wrong with Ashley. Is she so desperate for his money that she has to subject herself to this BS? Ugh, gross. That whole convo with her mom had me disgusted. 

It was thirsty as Hell and screamed, "Look everybody...my husband is totally not into dudes".

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, goofygirl said:

what does Giz do all day that she can't run the  parent-uber-to-from-middle-high-school-activities?

And she appears to have moved so far in the middle of no-mans land where it might not easy to get a neighbor, teammate or classmate's parents to assist with the running around...that was her choice.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
On 7/25/2021 at 11:54 PM, TheCouchPotato said:

maybe I am a prude, who was raised by a prude, but the thought of even having that graphic of a sex (God gave me more than one hole) convo  with my mom.. Why does momma need to know? Did Ash tell that to the other ladies ie girlfriends?

Can nanny be there when Ashley isn't ?

• Love 8
6 hours ago, sATL said:

maybe I am a prude, who was raised by a prude, but the thought of even having that graphic of a sex (God gave me more than one hole) convo  with my mom.. Why does momma need to know? Did Ash tell that to the other ladies ie girlfriends?

Can nanny be there when Ashley isn't ?

I’m with you. She’s just a sad woman trying to get a shock factor. I can’t believe her mom was encouraging her to keep that creep happy. 

• Love 8

I think the kid wanted her license, she just struggled with the written portion. With all the “30ft here, 60ft there,” I can see why it can be a struggle for some.

• Love 2
On 7/28/2021 at 11:31 PM, TheCouchPotato said:

I’m with you. She’s just a sad woman trying to get a shock factor. I can’t believe her mom was encouraging her to keep that creep happy. 

It's all about the Benjamin's.  Ashley rely's on Michael to keep her in the life style she has become accustomed to and Mother Ashley rely's on Ashley to help her out financially whether or not Michael knows about it or not.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

It's all about the Benjamin's.  Ashley rely's on Michael to keep her in the life style she has become accustomed to and Mother Ashley rely's on Ashley to help her out financially whether or not Michael knows about it or not.

On 7/28/2021 at 11:31 PM, TheCouchPotato said:

Ashley has said in her childhood that her mother always picked "ain't shit" men over her.

Her mother would rather pimp her daughter to a pervert than make the almost homeless guy she is supposedly dating get a job.

• Love 5