Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: Sing Sing For Your Supper

• Start Topic

44 minutes ago, dosodog said:

He currently has a catering company (I think cbassdill is the name) and he does internet cooking/cocktail classes.  

https://thechrisbassett.com/category/food-beverage-food-beverage/

You stirred something in my brain!  I'm one of the "possible side eyers" over Chris managing Candiace.  But I'm wondering if I'm also being sexist.  Because I'm not giving Mia side eye over being involved in G's chiropractic businesses.  And I wonder if we give women a pass for becoming a paid employee for a husband's business, but side eye men (Todd RHOA....) for becoming involved in their wife's business.

Hmmmmm.....

I'll never agree with a woman allowing her business and bedroom to collide. Ask women like Melba Moore, Wendy Williams, Mary J. Blige, Judy Garland, Mariah Carey, and a host of others how that works out.

You can either be my man OR my manager, honey. You cannot be both. If you want to be in my bed, you cannot be in my office. And vice versa. I need to be able to see straight. I might not be able to do that if you got me sprung out here! Plus, Mama told me to never let my right hand know what my left hand is doing.

Candiace will probably regret this, but unfortunately, she may have to learn the hard way.

• Useful 3
  • Love 15
21 hours ago, eXiled said:

Wonder why Wendy is so triggered by Mia. Could be a simple case of Wendy no longer feeling like a newbie with the new chick on the block. I mean, she didn't even come for Karen this hard when the Grande Dame went out of her way to downgrade her.

Fighting with Mia is strategic - maybe even suggested by one of the producers. Wendy was probably told she needs to bring it to keep her spot since she was far from a fan favorite last year.  She really needs the Bravo checks now that she quit her job at JHU.  Candles barely pay for botox. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

Is anyone really that passionate about candles?  I’m wondering if the company approached Wendy because she’s on the show and Wendy saw it as a good out.

I know they mentioned the children were there for an extended visit due to COVID, but then when they showed Candyass’ new role, I couldn’t help but think she wants them around for method acting practice.

Oh Ashley…she’s really earning that pre/post-nup addendum.  Great if she’s really that sex positive and that’s what she’s into, but when you see it as a consolation prize, I have doubts…

• Love 6
(edited)
34 minutes ago, laprin said:

Fighting with Mia is strategic - maybe even suggested by one of the producers. Wendy was probably told she needs to bring it to keep her spot since she was far from a fan favorite last year.  She really needs the Bravo checks now that she quit her job at JHU.  Candles barely pay for botox. 

That's what I think too. Karen spent all last season playing Mariah Carey to Wendy's Jennifer Lopez, yet, Wendy never mustered up that type of energy.

I Dont Know Her Mariah Carey GIF

On this year's RHOBH Sutton is trying like hell to go after Crystal, the newest ho-wife. Just like Wendy, Sutton was a newbie last season. Try as she might, though, nervous, anxiety-ridden, jumpy, prone-to-tears Sutton just can't keep Crystal down. Sutton really should leave well enough alone, but she keeps coming. Meanwhile, Crystal remains nonplussed. Tickles me.

27 minutes ago, For Cereals said:

Is anyone really that passionate about candles?  I’m wondering if the company approached Wendy because she’s on the show and Wendy saw it as a good out....

Wendy thinks she'll be able to use the show for a big come-up. I wish her well, but women more charismatic than she have tried and failed. Other than Bethenney, Kandi (who was already a known quantity), Nene (flamed out) and to a lesser extent, Theresa (NJ), most of the ho-wives don't seem to really hit it big away from their shows.

Gizelle's cosmetics line seems to have come and gone. Is Karen's perfume still around? Love them or hate them, both of these women are charismatic and memorable, with personas that could sell products if managed correctly.

Wendy might want to keep her Professor/Dr. Wendy persona close and not go down a ratched road she could get stuck on. I could see her creating her own courses and selling them directly. (well, I could see that before she introduced the world to Happy and Ness.)

Edited by eXiled
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, eXiled said:

That's what I think too. Karen spent all last season playing Mariah Carey to Wendy's Jennifer Lopez, yet, Wendy never mustered up that type of energy.

I Dont Know Her Mariah Carey GIF

On this year's RHOBH Sutton is trying like hell to go after Crystal, the newest ho-wife. Try as she might, though, nervous, anxiety-ridden, jumpy, prone-to-tears Sutton just can't keep Crystal down. Sutton really should leave well enough alone, but she keeps coming. Meanwhile, Crystal remains nonplussed. Tickles me.

Wendy thinks she'll be able to use the show for a big come-up. I wish her well, but women more charismatic than she have tried and failed. Other than Bethenney, Kandi (who was already a known quantity), Nene (flamed out) and to a lesser extent, Theresa (NJ), most of the ho-wives don't seem to really hit it big away from their shows.

Gizelle's cosmetics line seems to have come and gone. Is Karen's perfume still around? Love them or hate them, both of these women are charismatic and memorable, with personas that could sell products if managed correctly.

Wendy might want to keep her Professor/Dr. Wendy persona close and not go down a ratched road she could get stuck on. I could see her creating her own courses and selling them directly. (well, I could see that before she introduced the world to Happy and Ness.)

The problem is that Wendy does not know her own strengths.

We were impressed with her because she is an educated accomplished woman (four degrees and Dr. Wendy to you, honey). 

She was attractive before and after the surgeries but we already have plenty of plastic attractive women in the Howife world and as you rightly pointed out, they are also a heck of a lot more charismatic and entertaining than Wendy....who have totally failed at these types of businesses.

I mean Mia knows what she is....a gold-digger who is still trying to keep her former Sugar Daddy and now husband's interest. She might have been coy about being a stripper but she was upfront about her surgeries and meeting her husband at a strip club.

Remember all those scenes where someone in Ashley's family would call Ashley a trophy wife and she would deny it with a giant grin on her face? She was proud of that shit as are most of the Howives. 

Later, she wiped off the smile when people started calling her a beard.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, qtpye said:

The problem is that Wendy does not know her own strengths.

We were impressed with her because she is an educated accomplished woman (four degrees and Dr. Wendy to you, honey). 

She was attractive before and after the surgeries but we already have plenty of plastic attractive women in the Howife world and as you rightly pointed out, they are also a heck of a lot more charismatic and entertaining than Wendy....who have totally failed at these types of businesses.

I mean Mia knows what she is....a gold-digger who is still trying to keep her former Sugar Daddy and now husband's interest. She might have been coy about being a stripper but she was upfront about her surgeries and meeting her husband at a strip club.

Remember all those scenes where someone in Ashley's family would call Ashley a trophy wife and she would deny it with a giant grin on her face? She was proud of that shit as are most of the Howives. 

Later, she wiped off the smile when people started calling her a beard.

Bingo! I know we joked about Wendy's constant need to point out her accomplishments, but those accomplishments DO make her stand out in a pack of pretty ladies who lunch. I don't understand her reasoning for going the "sexy" route at this stage in the game. Is this really Wendy's desire? Or is someone whispering in her ear?

IMO, she could have ridden Dr. Wendy deep into podcast heaven, or created the aforementioned courses, or parlayed her notoriety into a semi-regular commentator slot on something. Odd.

• Love 11
12 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

So am I the only one who noticed that Mia's cheeks/chin appear to be messed up from fillers and bad plastic surgery? That dramatic sweeping hairdo hides it pretty well, but its obvious on both sides of her face. As someone mentioned earlier, she's gone full Madam and whatever she used to look like, she's pretty much disfigured for life.

I noticed that too - I couldn't figure out if it's from fillers and bad surgery, or if it may be deep acne scarring.  

It's very apparent in some scenes with harsher lighting, and it also appears that she really piles on the makeup in other scenes.

• Love 4

I'm about halfway through the show and before I read any comments I have to speak on Wendy's decision to start a candle line because its her "passion"

This is some of the most ridiculous BS I have ever heard and I am disappointed in Wendy. 

I'm passionate about soapmaking.  I've been doing it for years.  But for a soapmaker, MAKING the soap should be your biggest passion, not just sniffing a few fragrances and then having a third party make the soap.  Same with candlemaking.  If you're passionate about making candles, then you'd be making candles.  

The part of soapmaking I'm least excited about is the business aspect of it, because its not the hobby or the fun of creating something.  Thats all corporate and tax stuff and filing out paperwork.  Friends and family have been pushing, and I only reluctantly take payment because I know I have to start making a business of it or else its going to take over my entire place.  

Wendy is "passionate" about an easy side hustle and getting some extra money from advertising on the show.  FINE.  But stop acting like you're so passionate about candles, it was probably something easy that you could buy on the cheap and resell at a markup and it takes a long time for the fragrance to go bad.  

If she is so passionate about candles, why is it a homegoods line and not a line of candles? 

I don't mind wanting to make a little extra money, thats fine.  But one of the things I liked about Wendy was how honest and down to earth she was.   And this was so easy, she could have learned to make candles and then just had someone else make them.  I'm not a fan of candles, but it cannot be that hard for a woman with 4 damn degrees.  

• Love 19
3 hours ago, spunky said:

She did say Chris was who she needed because he has no problem telling her to "shut the hell up", when she's being extra.

Well, there we have it. That is Chris' full time job. Has she ever listened to him? 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
On 7/18/2021 at 5:27 PM, Andi27 said:

Oh, my. That addition, Gizelle. What architect talked her into that? I'm sure her neighbors are thrilled.

Robyn is so right, that house looks like a weird eyesore.  I think Gizelle should have just knocked the entire thing down and built a two story from the ground up.  It literally looks like she drove the "west wing" on a flatbed truck and attached it to the house with some gum and superglue.  

On 7/18/2021 at 7:04 PM, spunky said:

Show of hands who believes she's just one year older than Candiace and she was a bartender at a strip club. If you believe this I can sell you water from the fountain of youth for just $1.00 

In dog years maybe. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

I'm not sure if Michael is Super Dad all of a sudden but Ashley sure has been going out if her way to shout it from the mountain tops. "He comes home! He answers my calls!" Congratulations? 

Excuse you ma'am, he answers her calls on the first ring

This is obviously proof that he is a dedicated father and husband and definitely isn't having sex with other men.   

• LOL 19
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

I'm not sure if Michael is Super Dad all of a sudden but Ashley sure has been going out if her way to shout it from the mountain tops. "He comes home! He answers my calls!" Congratulations? 

Wow, can she set the bar any lower? 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I'm about halfway through the show and before I read any comments I have to speak on Wendy's decision to start a candle line because its her "passion"

This is some of the most ridiculous BS I have ever heard and I am disappointed in Wendy. 

I'm passionate about soapmaking.  I've been doing it for years.  But for a soapmaker, MAKING the soap should be your biggest passion, not just sniffing a few fragrances and then having a third party make the soap.  Same with candlemaking.  If you're passionate about making candles, then you'd be making candles.  

The part of soapmaking I'm least excited about is the business aspect of it, because its not the hobby or the fun of creating something.  Thats all corporate and tax stuff and filing out paperwork.  Friends and family have been pushing, and I only reluctantly take payment because I know I have to start making a business of it or else its going to take over my entire place.  

Wendy is "passionate" about an easy side hustle and getting some extra money from advertising on the show.  FINE.  But stop acting like you're so passionate about candles, it was probably something easy that you could buy on the cheap and resell at a markup and it takes a long time for the fragrance to go bad.  

If she is so passionate about candles, why is it a homegoods line and not a line of candles? 

I don't mind wanting to make a little extra money, thats fine.  But one of the things I liked about Wendy was how honest and down to earth she was.   And this was so easy, she could have learned to make candles and then just had someone else make them.  I'm not a fan of candles, but it cannot be that hard for a woman with 4 damn degrees.  

Exactly, I am passionate about painting and knitting. I have no desire to make a living with either one and am not quitting my day job. This means it takes forever for me to finish a knitting project but my hobbies are just that...something that is not meant to be stressful like my real job.

What was so special about her candles? Are they special because they contain scents from beautiful Mother Africa? Thy looked straight-up generic.

My guess is that Johns Hopkins decided not to renew her contract and now she is jumping into the reality show world headfirst. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

On another note, while I do like Karen, I think her attitude towards her feud with Gizelle is ridiculous. Come on, don't try to pretend that you are doing anything out of concern for Gizelle. Just admit that you want to have this fight with Gizelle after all these many years of pretending like you're friends.  (I did laugh at her explanation to Ashley of why said "Sing Sing," which was comically inept. Karen is not a very good liar, which is actually a good thing in my book).

Okay, so Karen just admitted she lied about everything she said about Gizelle, right?

This is why I just can't fuck with Karen.  This isn't the first time she has just made stuff up and I'd bet that if it hadn't been for the fact that "Sing Sing" was an easily provable lie, Karen would have just kept insisting that she told the truth. 

She lies all the time, gets caught and then tries to either double down or play it off like its cute.  Its why I will believe anyone else before Karen.

I also think there is something, maybe unsavory about Karen.  For one, I get tired of her always implying that not having a man is some sort of personal flaw, maybe if Gizelle wasn't tied to that thinking she would have gotten out of these awful relationships sooner.  There is so much to pick on Gizelle about, and there is probably something to pick on Robyn about, but with Karen its always "well you don't got a man!"  Its just very 1982 insults.  

Secondly, why is Ray her only friend?  Mia is supposed to be her friend but can't be bothered to stand up for her.  But Karen has shown that when she has a friend, she stabs them in the back, so I guess Ray is the last one left standing.  

• Love 15
16 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Mia's just worthless. Swanning about, bragging about being a CEO. Please. Mia and her husband arguing about who should be taking care of the children is not a good look. But she is right about Wendy's insecurities.

LOL, Mia is something else.  I get it, you're married, but you and your husband didn't build this financial empire....there is no "we" own 14 Joint Chiropractics and I'm a lady boss or whatever.  

What it sounds like is that GORDON built himself a little empire, met and married a stripper.  This is FINE, you work with what you got and she was smart enough to land herself a sugar daddy.  But stop taking credit for work you didn't do.  And now playacting like she is doing anything with those businesses.  The reason he retired is probably because he has someone in place to run the day to day operations.  

As for Wendy....I'm not sure whats going on with her.  Last year she was excoriated for being boring, so maybe she is trying to chop it up.  

I don't think she is wrong about Mia being fake though and I think loyalty means a lot to Wendy.  When she came on the show, from the start and throughout the entire season she was loyal to Candiace.  So, I can see where Mia, not bothering to take up for her friend Karen and then shittalking Gizelle behind her back might get on Wendy's nerves.  

She has nothing to be insecure about.  Mia is just so plastic that I don't think of her as pretty.  

• Love 9
45 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Exactly, I am passionate about painting and knitting. I have no desire to make a living with either one and am not quitting my day job. This means it takes forever for me to finish a knitting project but my hobbies are just that...something that is not meant to be stressful like my real job.

What was so special about her candles? Are they special because they contain scents from beautiful Mother Africa? Thy looked straight-up generic.

My guess is that Johns Hopkins decided not to renew her contract and now she is jumping into the reality show world headfirst. 

Right, it would be like you saying "OMG, I'm so passionate about knitting that I picked up some colored yarn and I'll send it to someone else to make blankets for me to sell"  Like what?

And I agree, when its work its not really a hobby anymore.  

Those candles looks like what you'd find in the clearance section of the Ross Dress for Less next to a wood carving of "LIVE LAUGH LOVE"  I have no idea what the selling point of the candles are.  The reason Robyns caps worked was because they are satin lined, like whats the hook here?  And OMG, are we going to see her and Eddie fight over these candles?  What the hell does she need 20k for?  The whole thing sounded so weird, she said she spent like 2k, and needed 20k more, but for what?  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I don't get Wendy's issue with Mia. Very strange. Ashley doesn't seem that close to Gizelle and Robyn this season. I'm surprised Gizelle went to see Candiace's new house and her and Robyn facetimed her instead of Ashley. Juan's reaction to Karen's invite was very immature to me and not necessary. Michael doesn't like anyone in this group except Juan like the other poster said. I was confused was Ashley saying she and Michael do anal or oral? Lmbo out of all the franchises Robyn and Gizelle's friendship and bond has never been broken. That's a beautiful thing. But interesting they haven't turned on each other for the fame.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Right, it would be like you saying "OMG, I'm so passionate about knitting that I picked up some colored yarn and I'll send it to someone else to make blankets for me to sell"  Like what?

And I agree, when its work its not really a hobby anymore.  

Those candles looks like what you'd find in the clearance section of the Ross Dress for Less next to a wood carving of "LIVE LAUGH LOVE"  I have no idea what the selling point of the candles are.  The reason Robyns caps worked was because they are satin lined, like whats the hook here?  And OMG, are we going to see her and Eddie fight over these candles?  What the hell does she need 20k for?  The whole thing sounded so weird, she said she spent like 2k, and needed 20k more, but for what?  

Yes, why the heck do you need $20K?

Do any of you 4 degrees explain E-commerce?

Go on over to Shopify and call it a day.

I heard Robyn's site is up and running for any of ya'll that want to make a purchase.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Kornfan said:

I don't get Wendy's issue with Mia. Very strange. Ashley doesn't seem that close to Gizelle and Robyn this season. I'm surprised Gizelle went to see Candiace's new house and her and Robyn facetimed her instead of Ashley. Juan's reaction to Karen's invite was very immature to me and not necessary. Michael doesn't like anyone in this group except Juan like the other poster said. I was confused was Ashley saying she and Michael do anal or oral? Lmbo out of all the franchises Robyn and Gizelle's friendship and bond has never been broken. That's a beautiful thing. But interesting they haven't turned on each other for the fame.

I really think it may be just one of those things where she just doesn't like her.  

I can see where Wendy would be put off by Mia kissing up to Gizelle and then kinda shit talking her behind her back and then making up some nonsense excuse about how "well, I said that BEFORE she wished death on Karen's husband" which Gizelle didn't do.   For whatever her faults, Wendy was pretty loyal to Candace last year and I think part of the reason Karen hated her is because Wendy didn't let her manipulate or gaslight Candace.  

I just don't see why Wendy would be jealous of Mia.  Mia isn't particularly pretty, I think Wendy is so much better looking than that over botoxed look Mia is going for.  Wendy has all those degrees and has made her own money.  Wendy married a man who was born in the same decade and wasn't forced to marry a man who is.....however many years older to get the come up.  Of course jealousy isn't logical, but I just think Wendy may not like Mia. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, politichick said:

I really need a Johns Hopkins connect because I'm dying to know what the people there think about this reality TV business.

It's really interesting that we never see Wendy writing/typing up her research or trying to prepare a lecture for class. Or even see her walking across the campus.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
22 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Mia's skin is sooo bad, Wendy should feel good about her good skin.

Mia lives at the Residences at the Ritz which is located on the other side of the harbor, it is lux, high end service, aspirational...I can hate her for that, right?  My cousin is having a wedding at the museum across from the Ritz, that is as close as I will get to living at the Ritz 😏

I just (this episode) noticed that Ashley has an upstairs in her apartment so maybe it is not as tight quarters as I thought.

The couples game was stupid, why do they need to discuss their sex life, to prove they have one?  I bet Michael was out the door the minute Ashley left, the nanny was probably around the corner waiting for Michael's call to come up and baby sit Dean while he ran out to where or who ever.

I could never be on a reality show because I wouldn’t discuss my sex life at a dinner partner, nor would my husband. They could’ve played the same game and asked a lot of other questions, but I guess that isn’t what Bravo wants for its viewers. 

Wendy is thirsty. I don’t know what happened to her since last season. She is acting like someone else. Is it because of the plastic surgery or is that why she had it? Which came first? Who knows, but I’m not enjoying her this season. I’m relieved she’s stopped talking about her four degrees though. Her skin looks beautiful in her THs. 

Mia seems more suited for RHOA… or maybe even RHNJ. I don’t know. She isn’t meshing with this group so far but maybe she will as the season unfolds. 

I like Robyn but she needs a storyline, and it’s not going to be a wedding. So does Gizelle now that Jamal is (thank goodness) out of the picture. 

Counting down to Karen’s over-the-top vow renewal, which probably will not be good for her marriage. I think the problem is obvious. Ray wants her to be all about him and instead she is about herself. Seems like he wants a quieter, more doting wife, not someone who takes center stage. Maybe it was different when they first got married? 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

Mia seems more suited for RHOA… or maybe even RHNJ. I don’t know. She isn’t meshing with this group so far but maybe she will as the season unfolds. 

That would be "mishing," LOL.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

Karen is really looking for something to be mad about with G. Didn't that conversation between Ray and Gizelle happen like 2 seasons ago?

I really didn't need to see Ashley discussing her sex life with her mother. Just no.

• Love 11
(edited)
11 hours ago, Kornfan said:

Lmbo out of all the franchises Robyn and Gizelle's friendship and bond has never been broken. That's a beautiful thing. But interesting they haven't turned on each other for the fame.

Funny enough, I don't think they were really friends before the show. If I am remembering correctly, they had mutual acquaintances who said that they were alike and should meet. Yet, as you mentioned, they have the most real and unbreakable friendship throughout the franchise. I like that they DO sometimes argue and shade each other. So many Housewives (like Jen in SLC) seem to think that true friendship means unequivocally agreeing with everything they say and do. I'm not sure where Wendy's definition fits, but it IS strange that Mia, as Karen's "friend," was so vocally supportive of Gizelle within minutes of meeting her. Don't feed the Big Sister Gorgeous One monster, Mia. It won't end well.

That said, Karen is never completely truthful or straightforward, which might be okay if she wasn't such a lousy liar. Remember the "dinner appointment" from last year that cut her event short just as the other ladies were grilling her about Monique? If you're going to lie, it should be either convincing or entertaining. Anything else is an insult to everyone's intelligence. Now she's mad at Gizelle for "wishing death on Ray?" Just. Stop. 🙄

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Love 9
On 7/18/2021 at 8:28 PM, JonnieUniteUs said:

Lol bronzdog!  But I do not hate the noob.
I think Wendy is absolutely gorgeous but I feel like she is threatened by Mia. Very interesting to see. of course who knows with this show and what they don’t show.

And I know this is probably an unpopular opinion but I like Chris and I hope he and Candiace always have a successful marriage. Obviously we can’t know exactly what’s going on at all times in the background but I like the dude!

Yep,  Wendy's definitely bothered by Mia.   

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/19/2021 at 9:10 PM, RealReality said:

Exactly, my first thought was , ok, what else are you selling ? Surely there is more to it than just candles. 

Edited by byrd
  • Love 4
(edited)
23 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

[snip]

Now in fairness, that's another personal hang-up of mine. I always side-eye the husband/manager arrangement. I'm with Mama Dorothy in saying, "yeah good luck with that". The restaurant is no more because let's be honest, it was a failure. But if he's really a chef, find some some successful restaurant/hotel or something to try and be a head chef of or the sous chef. Something that can help him further build his cachet in the industry.

All I'm saying is that nice as he may seem, bottom line is I get bum vibes from Chris. Sorry, not sorry. 

I'm not sure why you're saying the restaurant is no more and was a failure. I haven't watched this episode yet so not sure what Chris and Candiace may have said, but according to the website Myron Mixon's Pitmaster BBQ is still open in Alexandria so it seems to have survived the pandemic closures. I never got clear on whether Chris had an ownership stake or was simply an employee. Maybe he sold back his stake (with Candiace's money) and used that money to open his catering business. But maybe you are thinking of Oz, the restaurant Michael Darby bought for Ashley to manage, and then fired her as manager? It did close last year even before the pandemic hit.

14 hours ago, eXiled said:

[snip]

I think we have to count Kim Zolciak-Biermann in the initially successful but eventually flamed out column. She and Kroy and kids managed to wring 8(!) seasons of "Don't Be Tardy" out of Bravo. It was finally cancelled last year.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I could never be on a reality show because I wouldn’t discuss my sex life at a dinner partner, nor would my husband. They could’ve played the same game and asked a lot of other questions, but I guess that isn’t what Bravo wants for its viewers. 

Wendy is thirsty. I don’t know what happened to her since last season. She is acting like someone else. Is it because of the plastic surgery or is that why she had it? Which came first? Who knows, but I’m not enjoying her this season. I’m relieved she’s stopped talking about her four degrees though. She skin looks beautiful in her THs. 

Wendy was dragged last year for being boring which seems to be a cardinal sin in reality TV. 

For as strong as she is I think some of the critiques about her looks and personality got to her. 

But I liked her last year.  

I can totally see how being on this show and being constantly critiqued would be tough on someone's self esteem.

If the plastic surgery makes her happy, I'm happy for her. She looks great and I love that she is feeling herself.  

Maybe the lowcut skintight dresses will get old after a while.  

• Love 9
3 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Karen is really looking for something to be mad about with G. Didn't that conversation between Ray and Gizelle happen like 2 seasons ago?

Not sure about seasons but when they showed the clip it said 4 years ago!!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, byrd said:

Exactly, my first though was , ok, what else are you selling ? Surely there is more to it than just candles. 

Such poor messaging.  

Is she passionate about the candles she doesn't make or is she passionate about housewares?  

I truly think that Wendy would have done so much better with a cookbook like the NJ women.  

She is proud of her heritage and meal sounded so delicious. 

Bringing Nigerian cuisine to the masses is unique to Wendy and something that she has mentioned on the show. It would have been a nice way to incorporate her mom and sister into a project and a cookbook is probably relatively cheap and could be sold on a website. 

Those generic candles sound like a bomb. 

• Love 8
14 hours ago, RealReality said:

Okay, so Karen just admitted she lied about everything she said about Gizelle, right?

This is why I just can't fuck with Karen.  This isn't the first time she has just made stuff up and I'd bet that if it hadn't been for the fact that "Sing Sing" was an easily provable lie, Karen would have just kept insisting that she told the truth. 

She lies all the time, gets caught and then tries to either double down or play it off like its cute.  Its why I will believe anyone else before Karen.

I can't and never could stand Karen. She's a liar and a poser. I think her life with RayRay is a sham. What I don't get is that I listen to some (too many) podcasts that analyze these crazy reality shows and so many of them love Karen. They call her Queen. Ugggghh! They think she is the best star of all the Housewife shows and can do no wrong. Do they not hear her lies, her double talk? She's ugly inside. 

• Love 16
(edited)

I’m sorry Ashley’s mom but it don’t matter how much ‘fulfillment” you give a man or woman if they wanna cheat they gonna cheat. Stop  you really were up on camera telling your pregnant daughter to do whatever she has to do to keep her man fulfilled and she’s on National television talking about using her booty. Stop this nonsense 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I’m sorry Ashley’s mom but it don’t matter how much ‘fulfillment” you give a man or woman if they wanna cheat they gonna cheat. Stop  you really were up on camera telling your pregnant daughter to do whatever she has to do to keep her man fulfilled and she’s on National television talking about using her booty. Stop this nonsense 

Ashley's mother is little better than a predator selling her daughter to the highest bidder.  

None of her advice is to benefit Ashley.  Michael is an ass and her mother is quite happy to stay on the gravy train since she doesn't have to do any of the work.

Whoever said candace and Ashley's mom control them with money was right. But candace may one day escape Dorothy and Ashley will never be free of her mother. 

• Love 13
7 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Wendy is thirsty. I don’t know what happened to her since last season. She is acting like someone else. Is it because of the plastic surgery or is that why she had it? Which came first? Who knows, but I’m not enjoying her this season. I’m relieved she’s stopped talking about her four degrees though. She skin looks beautiful in her THs. 

I like Robyn but she needs a storyline, and it’s not going to be a wedding. So does Gizelle now that Jamal is (thank goodness) out of the picture. 

Counting down to Karen’s over-the-top vow renewal, which probably will not be good for her marriage. I think the problem is obvious. Ray wants her to be all about him and instead she is about herself. Seems like he wants a quieter, more doting wife, not someone who takes center stage. Maybe it was different when they first got married? 

3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I can't and never could stand Karen. She's a liar and a poser. I think her life with RayRay is a sham. What I don't get is that I listen to some (too many) podcasts that analyze these crazy reality shows and so many of them love Karen. They call her Queen. Ugggghh! They think she is the best star of all the Housewife shows and can do no wrong. Do they not hear her lies, her double talk? She's ugly inside. 

I think Karen initially loved Ray but she definitely married him for the come up, as well. I know Karen had an agency of her own but she would not have picked Ray if he did not have money.

Remember in the first season and how she used to call him the "Black Bill Gates"?

Now Ray has lost a lot of his wealth and Karen is probably the main breadwinner in the relationship.

She looks at Ray and sees an old coot who does not fit the hot sexy Grand Dame image that she is setting up for herself.

I think Karen is a fantastic reality show cast member which probably means she is not the greatest person in real life.

Her cooky antics have done a lot to keep this show going.  Heck, Black Bill Gates was in a Beyoncé song!

Toya on RHOA tried hard as hell to be a younger version of the "Grand Dame" and totally failed because it did not feel authentic.

I think Karen is authentic in her delusions and that is why she is good for this show. Potomac has never been boring like Atlanta was in its past season.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

I think Karen initially loved Ray but she definitely married him for the come up, as well. I know Karen had an agency of her own but she would not have picked Ray if he did not have money.

Remember in the first season and how she used to call him the "Black Bill Gates"?

Now Ray has lost a lot of his wealth and Karen is probably the main breadwinner in the relationship.

She looks at Ray and sees an old coot who does not fit the hot sexy Grand Dame image that she is setting up for herself.

I think Karen is a fantastic reality show cast member which probably means she is not the greatest person in real life.

Her cooky antics have done a lot to keep this show going.  Heck, Black Bill Gates was in a Beyoncé song!

Toya on RHOA tried hard as hell to be a younger version of the "Grand Dame" and totally failed because it did not feel authentic.

I think Karen is authentic in her delusions and that is why she is good for this show. Potomac has never been boring like Atlanta was in its past season.

You read this down to the ground! That's why I like Karen, though. She's delusional about her status and constantly scrambling to put forth an image of a life she's not really living. She's been caught in so many damn lies -- and she really should stop because she's a terrible liar -- that it's embarrassing. Knowing her in real life would be exhausting and probably not worth the trouble. But I love having her on my TV screen.

I feel the same way about Ramona on RHONY. Horrible person, obnoxious, elitist despite coming from nothing, and totally unable to remove her foot from her mouth, but this is the same crunk bitch that made Bethenney cry on a gotdamn bridge. The UGLY CRY. Ain't no other ho-wife ever had Beth shook like that. And all Ro did was tell Beth the truth. For that alone, Ro will ALWAYS rule in my book. And I actually LIKE Bethenney.

I keep telling people that what works in real life don't work on TV. The "boring" ho-wives -- Robyn, Cynthia, Teddi, DeShawn Snow -- are probably a delight to hang out with away from their shows. But in the reality that is reality TV? These heffas ain't bringing much.

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, eXiled said:

You read this down to the ground! That's why I like Karen, though. She's delusional about her status and constantly scrambling to put forth an image of a life she's not really living. She's been caught in so many damn lies -- and she really should stop because she's a terrible liar -- that it's embarrassing. Knowing her in real life would be exhausting and probably not worth the trouble. But I love having her on my TV screen.

I feel the same way about Ramona on RHONY. Horrible person, obnoxious, elitist despite coming from nothing, and totally unable to remove her foot from her mouth, but this is the same crunk bitch that made Bethenney cry on a gotdamn bridge. The UGLY CRY. Ain't no other ho-wife ever had Beth shook like that. And all Ro did was tell Beth the truth. For that alone, Ro will ALWAYS rule in my book. And I actually LIKE Bethenney.

I keep telling people that what works in real life don't work on TV. The "boring" ho-wives -- Robyn, Cynthia, Teddi, DeShawn Snow -- are probably a delight to hang out with away from their shows. But in the reality that is reality TV? These heffas ain't bringing much.

Exactly, you need a Ramona or Karen to make a Howife show interesting. Ramona was totally nasty but almost always entertaining. I remember she actually used Zillow to prove that a castmate's house in the Poconos was not worth nearly as much as her house in the Hamptons. You can not get more insecure and thirsty than that.

A horrible person in real life but a great howife.

I want to add that Ray is not a victim in his marriage.

He married a beautiful younger woman to have on his arm.

I am sure there were plenty of women in his own age group that would have loved to have the quiet doting life in the sunset years that he craves.

He no longer has the money so Karen is going to do what she's gotta do.

• Love 7
53 minutes ago, eXiled said:

feel the same way about Ramona on RHONY. Horrible person, obnoxious, elitist despite coming from nothing, and totally unable to remove her foot from her mouth, but this is the same crunk bitch that made Bethenney cry on a gotdamn bridge. The UGLY CRY. Ain't no other ho-wife ever had Beth shook like that. And all Ro did was tell Beth the truth. For that alone, Ro will ALWAYS rule in my book. And I actually LIKE Bethenney.

The difference though, between Karen and Ramona is that Ramona has real wealth. NYC apt in the sky, huge Hamptons house, and a place in Palm Beach and ability to travel anywhere she wants. Karen has none of that and never will. Living in her rented house with her cheap wigs. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

The difference though, between Karen and Ramona is that Ramona has real wealth. NYC apt in the sky, huge Hamptons house, and a place in Palm Beach and ability to travel anywhere she wants. Karen has none of that and never will. Living in her rented house with her cheap wigs. 

Well damn.

• LOL 7

Robyn can't win because when she agrees with or co-signs Gizelle, she's up Gizelle's ass but when she shades Gizelle's house (as Gizelle has shaded her house)...oh noes, Robyn shouldn't be doing that to her friend.  Can't win.

Chris needs to manage his career and not Candiace's.  I know he can't get his chef on during COVID but he could've boosted up his online presence. This is giving me Mary J / Kendon't vibes.

Same with Wendy.  Instead of candles, Wendy should've been developing a podcast so she can talk about politics.  Robyn & Gizelle have a podcast, Wendy should've started her a podcast too.  I thought politics was her passion.

Mia looks like she has bad skin and that's why she slaps on so much makeup.   I think I like Mia and I think (so far) she will be a great addition to the cast.

Gizelle's house looks a country hot mess with that addition and it doesn't matter if there is a nice facade in the front, it looks like a country ass addition in the back.

8 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Funny enough, I don't think they were really friends before the show. If I am remembering correctly, they had mutual acquaintances who said that they were alike and should meet.

On the first episode of their podcast they explained how they got to be friends.  They kept hearing about each other from mutual people and people were asking them if they were related to each other.  Robyn said she knew of Gizelle from her picture being on the side of the bus but it sounded like Gizelle was the one who was trying to get to know Robyn than the other way around.

I wonder is Gizelle lying now? Because Karen has said in previous seasons Gizelle may be many things but a liar she is not.

He married a beautiful younger woman to have on his arm.

Let's keep this all the way real: Ray likes them light and he likes them bright.  That's why Karen was so bothered by Gizelle's "Erica Liles" comment a few seasons ago.  That's why Ray got extra animated around Mia and Ashley.  Ray's real answer to who he was attracted to on the cast was really Gizelle but he changed it up to Katie so he wouldn't have to hear about it at home.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, eXiled said:

Not Teddi.  No one who tries to food shame smores and cheesy poofs,ON A CAMPING TRIP, in no way shape or form will ever be a delight to hang out with.  EVER!

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Not Teddi.  No one who tries to food shame smores and cheesy poofs,ON A CAMPING TRIP, in no way shape or form will ever be a delight to hang out with.  EVER!

You ain't lying. I always felt her eating disorder diet program is what made her so uptight and painfully boring. She was probably starving or concentrating on holding her head up half the time.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
(edited)

You ain't lying. I always felt her eating disorder diet program is what made her so uptight and painfully boring. She was probably starving or concentrating on holding her head up half the time.

Well damn.

Edited by Hiyo
  • LOL 6
9 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I find it odd Ramona has never shown anything about her so called career. Vicki showed hers. I bet Ramona got hers gold digging. Karen is harmless. Leave the Queen alone okay =)

• LOL 1

If Karen sucked so hard do you really think bravo would bring her back over and over? People don't like her because well to be frank its easy to pick on the black woman. Ramona and Sutton are the most ridiculous housewives yet people fall over themselves trying to justify their bad behavior. 

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Kornfan said:

If Karen sucked so hard do you really think bravo would bring her back over and over? People don't like her because well to be frank its easy to pick on the black woman. Ramona and Sutton are the most ridiculous housewives yet people fall over themselves trying to justify their bad behavior. 

Ramona is attacked constantly both by fans online and the women of her show. Hell leah has done it repeatedly both seasons she been on. And don’t even get me started on Sutton. All 3 of these woman have both fans and detractors. And just like you there are fans that fall all over themselves defending Karen just like the other two housewives you have mentioned. Hell I’d say Giselle gets more hate flung at her then Karen does.

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Ramona is attacked constantly both by fans online and the women of her show. Hell leah has done it repeatedly both seasons she been on.  To say that hate is only directed at Karen cause of the color of her skin is a false equivalent. And don’t even get me started on Sutton. 

But people also constantly defend her or find some way to make her some victim. People on here love to throw jabs at Karen. People tear Wendy Williams down on her forums. Not one person defends Wendy. And everyone knows her ex was abusing her. People love to make fun of Karen on here but think other housewives are funny. The rhony are treated with kid gloves the most out of all the housewives franchise. It's annoying and makes me cringe and not enjoy the show as much.

5 minutes ago, Kornfan said:

But people also constantly defend her or find some way to make her some victim. People on here love to throw jabs at Karen. People tear Wendy Williams down on her forums. Not one person defends Wendy. And everyone knows her ex was abusing her. People love to make fun of Karen on here but think other housewives are funny. The rhony are treated with kid gloves the most out of all the housewives franchise. It's annoying and makes me cringe and not enjoy the show as much.

People make fun of everyone on these shows. It’s the nature of the beast. I don’t go on the Wendy boards but the woman has made a whole career out of attacking people when they are at some of the lowest points in their lives so you reap what you sow with that one. She can’t say I’m off limits 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
28 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

People make fun of everyone on these shows. It’s the nature of the beast. I don’t go on the Wendy boards but the woman has made a whole career out of attacking people when they are at some of the lowest points in their lives so you reap what you sow with that one. She can’t say I’m off limits 

I think Wendy just gives her opinions on these so called celebrities. She's paid to do it. Yes almost everyone is made fun of but people still get really defensive over certain housewives. Instead of talking about what's going on in the episode people write paragraphs defending a housewife and why she behaves the way she does. I stopped going on the rhony forums. It was annoying. Can't even enjoy the show because of it.

4 hours ago, Kornfan said:

I find it odd Ramona has never shown anything about her so called career. Vicki showed hers. I bet Ramona got hers gold digging. Karen is harmless. Leave the Queen alone okay =)

Ramona talked about her company and was shown at work in the early seasons. Her company was very successful before she got married. She sold it after a few years of being on the show.

I think both Ramona and Karen are reality tv gold

• Useful 3
  • Love 6